Quicksilver vs whizzer 1 vs whizzer2 vs whirlwind vs thunderbolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ryan20000000000
who would come out on top in a clash of the speedsters?

IRTMU-Dragon
Quicksilver is faster than all of them.

ScarletSpider
I'm just going to run through all the speedsters I know for Marvel:

Quicksilver's speed has yet to be fully gauged since his powerups from Fabian Cortez and Isotope E. I think he's broken the sound barrier, but they haven't shown how much faster he goes beyond that.

Bob Frank, the original Whizzer goes about 100 mph.

Stanley Stewart, the second Whizzer and a member of Squadron Supreme runs at 175 mph.

The third Whizzer, James Sanders, now known as Speed Demon (now appearing in the Thunderbolts) originally ran at 160 from what I can find. However, he later duplicated the process that gave him his powers, and they increased. My guess is they either doubled, giving him the speed of 320 mph, or were multiplied, reaching the square of 25,600 mph. However no evidence has been shown for either, so hopefully Nicieza addresses this issue. Probably somewhere inbetween. I'd like to see him be really powerful.

Thunderbolt could attain speeds of 85 mph.

Aurora and Northstar at one point could theoretically achieve 99% the speed of light, but Aurora later had her genetics messed with and now only goes around the speed of sound. Northstar still has his full potential. Though their powers work a little different, they can run fast if they want, but since their power has to deal with controlling kinetic energy, they most often use it to fly.

Makkari an eternal who was often mistaken for Mercury (sound out Makkari, they do sound the same, man I love those crafty Eternals) in the older Greco-Roman days. Eternals have a bevy of powers, but many decide to focus on certain areas. Makkari focused on speed, being able to reach Mach 3, around 1550 mph.

Super Sabre: a mutant capable of subsonic speeds, but still fast enough to fun of vertical surfaces, across water, and make microsonicbooms by snapping his fingers.

Spitfire, Lady Jacqueline Fallsworth gained super speed after a bite from her uncle (or cousin, can't remember, it was kind of a weird story) Baron Blood. Then she recieved a blood transmission from Jim Hammond, the android human torch. It had a bizarre mutagenic affect. Enabling her to reach...wow...50 mph (Invaders v1 12, IIRC). That's the official speed, and I hope to god Mr. Jacobsen addresses this and enhances it, as Spitfire is now apperaing in the New Invaders.

That's all I can think of, and find with a few hasty searches on the internet. If you search the main forum, you can find a thread devoted to speedsters and a Whizzer respect thread.

Scoobless
hell, deathlock could run at around 160mph, triathlon can hit at least 100mph, mr fantastic could do a "go go fantastic legs" and run pretty fast, kingpin....... i'd guess about 9-10mph

K3VIL
Triathlon is over 100mph, he was around 110 or 120 anyway over.

ScarletSpider
Yeah, I never said these speedsters were really fast. A lot of them were created in earlier times, so the powers didn't have to be that outlandishly good. Though not attaining very high speeds, the reason people like Whizzer and Thunderbolt are considered "speedsters" is because, well it's their only power, and they can move easily. Whereas for Triathalon or Deathlock it's a sprint and takes them awhile to reach maximum speed, Whizzer does it at the drop of a hat and can stop on a dime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.