Smoking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Abra
Opinions, please! eek!

SlipknoT
Smoking what?

KidRock
only idiots smoke.

Morning_Glory
http://www.smokehelp.org/assets/images/Smokers_Lungs.jpg

sick no expression sorry

pr1983
never did... got lung cancer... never will...

Abra
hmmm... i think it's pretty nasty, if you want my opinion

Silver Stardust
I think it's gross.

Plus I'm allergic to smoke.

SlipknoT
I smoke weed, but no ciggarets.

Abra
yeah, cigs is what I mean, they're worse for you than weed.

A4E
ironic YOU talking about Idiots roll eyes (sarcastic)

and I do smoke.. with consideration of course like one per day... its not bad, of course if u smoke like 7 per day ure lungs will be like the pic morning glory posted erm
NOT ALL SMOKERS ARE THE SAME!

SlipknoT
Its true, I used to smoke but I stopped, its not as hard as they say

A4E
i know ppl are soo paranoid sometimes

KidRock
What is so ironic about it? Also your the typical smoker "Ooo i only smoke one a day.. its not bad.. REALLY ITS NOT.. I COULD SMOKE LIKE 7 a day but I DONT I SWEAR!" typical. roll eyes (sarcastic)

A4E
oh sorry maybe iwasnt clear enough I THINK YOU ARE AN IDIOT
do u get it now??

and typical smoker?? oh please... i cant believe you actually remember quotes from smokers roll eyes (sarcastic)

and well u dont wanna believe me? fine by me.... Id actually be reather offended if you do agree confused

so y dont u and ure "american bad ass" :roll eyes: (how lame sad) leave this thread

c u wink

NothingInVein
my parents smoke

Ou Be Low hoo
Smoking makes you look cool, mature and more attractive to the opposite sex. Start today!

A4E
no it doenst messed ow be low hoo

KidRock
Getting defensive? usually occurs in smokers in denial I guess. good job.

Ou Be Low hoo
Yes, it does! Why do you think all sexy French girls smoke? Ohhh...they're already sexy though...

SlipknoT
laughing

Abra
^ i agree laughing out loud

A4E
oh pleeeaaaase give me a break!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

listen american bad ass (:lolsmile not because someone like YOU thinks smokers are all the same means you're right.
u dont even know me!! its like Ive only read a couple of posts of urs and my conclusion is you're a conservative son of a *****... maybe you're not.. cuz i dont know you... but that doesnt give me the right to call u a conservative son of a ***** roll eyes (sarcastic)

so when you get a real argument against smokers AND some proof that i live in 'denial' roll eyes (sarcastic) please lemme know wink

Jedi Priestess
Try saying that after you've smoked for 39 years pal. messed

While I wish I could quit, up till now Ive been unsuccessful weep

A4E
aw... JP... that sucks..
i can quit whenever i want in fact Ive quited before but then after like a month i was really hungry and bored and there wasnt anything to do or eat so i smoked a cigarette and here i am... but i dont care what american bad ass says... i smoke moderatedly

Tptmanno1
I just don't get the point of smoking cigarettes...
I mean you get high off weed and whatnot
but cigarettes don't do any of that....

A4E
there's no point really... there isnt a philosophy about smoking it just...is lol

SlipknoT
sad that really sucks. I only smoked for 1 year so its probably not the same

SlipknoT
That exactly what I told myself, weed is the way to go.

A4E
but weed makes u stupid sad

Jedi Priestess
Not by a long shot I'd bet. Someday tho, I hope Im able.

SlipknoT
No it dosent

A4E
big grin is it harder to leave weed or cigarette??

A4E
really?? i read somewhere that kills these things in ure brain... and those things make u smart... lol i dunno wut they're called!!

Tptmanno1
lol,
I'll bet if you look at the effects of smoking weed and Cigaretts they would be the same, or weed would be less, cuz it don't have nicotine and isn't mass produced.

A4E
right but weed affects ure brain, cigarettes affect ure lungs erm

there IS a reason y cigarettes r legal and weed is not erm

SlipknoT
Ciggarets are 10x worse than weed

Morning_Glory
I use to smoke for a year - it was easy to quit

SlipknoT
same here

Capt_Fantastic
I am a smoker

Cid
it smells bad. especially when it gets in your clothes when you go out to town.

Imperial_Samura
I don't really like smoking (though I am tempted to get a pipe, not to smoke, but just to chew thoughtfully) and have never seen any real benefits of it, but lots of negatives, as well as being quite unappealing.

And everyone is different when it comes to quiting. My father smoked for 20 years, and just stopped one day, and never looked back, while a friend had only smoked for a couple of years wasn't able to quit.

Jackie Malfoy
Being that I am the only one in my family that does smoke I consider myself lucky to not have this nasty habit.My dad and mom and boyfriend smokes and now my twin sister does too but not me.JM

Bardock42
Drugs are bad m'kay

Actually I don'T see the point in Cigarettes, nor inn weed actually but oh well. I tried one cigarette like a few months ago and I really can't understand how anyone ca take a second one after that, I often here it gets much better after a few may I ask why the **** do you take more than one? Same with Beer in my opinion.

big gay kirk
I just have better things to spend my money on....

big gay kirk
like pictures of scantily clad young ladies....

big gay kirk
smoking ciggies....

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic) I've smoked for almost nine years and haven't been able to quit erm I did think, when I first started, that I'd be able to stop whenever I wanted to.... upon reaching the age of 16 and deciding I no longer needed to buckle under peer pressure I tried to stop and found I couldn't last long at all without a cigarette... I went through a period of smoking 40 a day, now it's down to about 5 because I live at home and have to smoke outside, and I work in a middle school so I avoid it completely whilst working. And, for the record, the poll questions are ridiculous... I had to vote for 'I do it so it's great!' because I don't think it's unattractive, I don't think it's sexy and 'It's alright' doesn't convey the fact that I smoke....

Aku
Most people smoke because of pressures wanting to be one of the gang and in the end you have to ask yourself if its worth it. It'd just a waste of money. You might aswell do weed, or shrooms atleast they give you a trip.

Smoking doesnt calm you down, psychological fact it makes you panic more afterwards. So dont think like that or your just gay.

Abra
Yeah, I smoked for a while, but it was pretty easy to stop, like I said before, cigarettes are worse for you than weed. And that certain chemical in weed that makes you relaxed and stuff, there's a lot more of it in the weed nowadays than there was in the sixties, but it's still not as bad as cigarettes.

KidRock
Oh really? How is that?

BasketCase
i dont like it..only smoked once...
its a turn off, to me, if a guy smokes...

Filth
Smoking is a pointless activity, but sadly one i have indulged in

Sex_kitten
whistle ...I'm trying to quit, ok! I'm really trying!

SlipknoT
weed wont give you lung cancer, its not addicting, it wont turn your teeth yellow, and you get a high big grin

KidRock
It can kill you if its laced. Cigarettes cant

wuTa
smoking is a bad habit....people who say its addicting use that as a crutch not to quit....i smoked for a year and quit i knew someone who smoked for 3 years and quit my dad smoked for like over 25 years and quit...i'm sure its harder for some people to quit because they lack willpower but i dont buy the "i cant quit because i smoked for years and its too toughsad"

BackFire
I wish more people smoked, the world is over populated.

Syren
Calms me down.... and it's psychological, I do know that. If I'm really upset by something I immediately need one, or think I need one... and it stops me shaking and feeling stressed erm I must be gay roll eyes (sarcastic)

BF, you sadistic bastard laughing out loud

A4E
you are, sorry syren stick out tongue laughing out loud just kidding...
and I'm not gay or anything but i can quit cry

Corran
Smoking is quite unattractive, and it tastes awful when kissing someone who has smoked.

Sy, am afraid no kissing for you now stick out tongue

sailormoon
I voted it was downright unattractive, I mean, in some cases I guess it kinda is, but mostly it's downright unattractive. angel

Syren
Hey, for the record, if I am with someone who doesn't smoke then I will always chew excessive amounts of gum and ensure I do NOT smell like an ashtray.... if I'm with someone who does smoke, then the usual amount of chewing/brushing/washing is as standard happy

Corran
OK, then maybe, just maybe, kissing is back on the agenda wink

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why, thankyou so much.

ladygrim
my pal smokes cuz she thinks it will make her fit in and she gave some shit saying she does it cuz her mum and sister smoke around her ....my dad does it and it doesnt influence me too

Syren
Some people buckle under peer pressure, some don't. It's all down to individual standards and preferences, also tolerance erm

ladygrim
she did quit bout 6mnths ago ..but started again wen the person she fancied offered her a *** ...

A4E
LOL been there... sometimes i chew soo much gum my mouth gets tires blink Im like no...more....gum

Bardock42
or no miore cigarettes. What aboot that?

Syren
Pffft, don't be a retard *goes for a ciggie* fab

Corran
don't forget your gum - or you won't get any wink well you might but without kissing stick out tongue

Syren
laughing out loud

Would you quit hitting on me? I'm trying to enjoy my nicotine tongue

Bardock42
Pffft ... junkies

Corran
Oh, right OK.

Syren
big grin Cheers m'dears.... smoke

ragesRemorse
How come ten years ago it was cool to smoke, but now it is cool to hate smokers?

wuTa
because society is retarded

Napalm
unattractive

Syren
No... because society has changed... 10 years ago the internet was a novelty. Now it's a necessity erm

Aku
True with alot of things. How did we communicate with people before mobile phones? Most people couldnt be bothered to goto a phone box.

Aku
While you are out before some guy comes who thinks hes funny and says landline? HAHAHAHA NOT FUNNY!

Syren
Yep... it actually scares me to think how many things humanity has become so reliant on erm But, saying that, I couldn't give up my phone, cigarettes or KMC.

Aku
KMC is surprisingly addictive actually. I come on here everyday. It used to be counterstrike but I found that its mentally unhealthy. I found myself getting depressed if I didnt win but I couldnt stop becuase it was so addictive! Now I know how gamblers feel. But atleast with KMC your throwing away yourlife by talking to people as apposed to shooting them. O YES Steyer TMP HEADSHOT!!! BRING IT ON YOU AMERICAN GEEKS WHO PLAY THIS GAME 24 HOURS A DAY!!!

botankus
Hey, I set limits for myself. No KMC on weekends for me.

Syren
OMFG... I am on KMC every day without fail... unless there's something extremely important going on in RL. I get to work at 8am (I get a lift and am actually in my workplace four hours longer than necessary) and use the comp til 10 when I actually start work, then I'm on and off throughout the day depending on when my free time is laughing out loud Then I'm back on continuously from about 3.30 til 5.30, when I leave work.... then back on in the evenings for a few hours blink I need to find myself a hobby.

EDIT: If you think I'm nuts for doing extra hours for nothing, it's not bad... I work in a school so the atmosphere is totally relaxed and I'm happy to work on my websites and ALevel whilst there laughing out loud Good god, I feel kinda geeky....

Canadian Moose
Geek. OMFG.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Syren
geek

*is an awesomely attractive geek*

Watch yourself soldier, or you may find your PMs become kinda lonely laughing out loud

Silver Stardust
Haha, sounds like me. KMC is amazingly addictive. I'm on here between my classes, and when I get home from school I usually come on unless I have work, and then when I get home at night I come on laughing out loud embarrasment

Syren
Lana.... my lover suddenly finds me a little geekish. Wanna come and play at being a geek with me? naughty

Silver Stardust
Sure...you know how good at being a geek I am naughty

Kez, have you noticed how you and I have been pulling off-topic every thread we've posted in together today? laughing

Canadian Moose
HA! laughing out loud

I'm addicted too...and I wouldn't give up smoking, coffee or KMC...

Canadian Moose
Woo! I love playing that game! I take the geeky sort and make them cool...then ravage them....
smokin'

Syren
*wishes we could invite Lana to our PM Ponomoly*

eek!

Lana!! OMFG chicadee, check the SS like NOW thank you please big grin

Silver Stardust
On my way over! eek!

Canadian Moose
laughing out loud Ponomoly...*shakes head*

I'd have to smoke a pack if we did that...

Silver Stardust
Kerry...iheartyou touched

Syren
Lana banyey

big grin

Scott... Ponomoly brought us together baby love

Canadian Moose
It was one of the things...yeah...you're right, darlin... love

Silver Stardust
Ponomoly...I like that word laughing

I wish KMC IM was working already...

Syren
OMG drool SO do I!! eek!

Alpha Centauri
Wait wait wait.

Hold the phone for one second.

There's a KMC IM???

-AC

Silver Stardust
It's been in the works since October laughing out loud

Syren
It should be here soon... when Raz gets his ass working roll eyes (sarcastic) I am, of course, kidding.

Alpha Centauri
Stop confusing me you harlots.

Stardust tells me there is, you say it SHOULD be here and then say you're kidding.

Confusing me is some kind of fun game to you two? Damn Syrenites....and Syren.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Nonononono...Raz is working on a KMC IM, and he has it nearly finished. So it's not quite working yet, but should be soon. Or so he says.

Syren
I was kidding about Raz needing to get his ass moving. It moves just fabulously as it is eek!

Aku
thats soooo tacky

Syren
*is totally tacky beyond the boundary of tackiness*

Get over it fab

Alpha Centauri
*Brain Explodes*

blowup

-AC

Aku
Hold up what about Vin Diesel?

Syren
What about him? confused

Aku
Mr. Tacky himself.

afro

Syren
laughing banyey Oh yes.

SlipknoT
confused I had no idea

Syren
Well, you do now big grin Try browsing News & Questions every now and then... it's surprisingly informative eek! eek!

Alpha Centauri
That's gonna be interesting, KMC IM.

-AC

Corran
You work? And in a school, OMG, you are one of the people that will be affecting the future of this country, there's no hope for us sad stick out tongue

A4E
and fun! eek!
*feeling like a geek too* geek

Aku
NEVER!!!

Aku
Your judging your own looks yet basing them on terms with a geek so surly an attractive geek isnt all that attractive

Syren
What the hell?? You freak... I wasn't being that literal... if you bothered to read the previous and ensuing posts you would find a perfectly valid reason for my statement. Just... don't even bother trying to be clever roll eyes (sarcastic)

Syren
I'm a Librarian schmoll Not all that worrying, considering the internet is rapidly replacing any need for books whatsoever cry

Corran
Mmmmm a librarian. Do you wear spectacles and have your hair tied up? And do you wear a past the knee black skirt and a dark blouse?

Syren
I wear my hair up in a bun thing to keep it out of the way... but bits fall out mad

I wear black fitted trousers (I hate skirts) and tailored shirts usually.... the most comfortable yet sophis style of dressing happy

Kosta
What an awesome generalisation. I'll be sure to tell Winston Churchill that he is an idiot when I see him in the next life.

Kosta
Man, although I dont really have any problems with weed and cigarettes, one is NOT better than the other. Weed is not better, and cigarettes are not worse, theyre both as bad for you as the other. And thwe cons HEAVILY outweigh the pros in weed use, it has a MUCH more tar than cigarettes, and the long term effects are just as serious and dangerous.

Corran
The bit's off hair falling out and the fitted trousers ALL works stick out tongue

Syren
no2

Weed doesn't have half as many toxins as cigarettes. The only way people misuse it is when they make a packed spliff filled with rolling tobacco and weed. Bye bye lungs and bye bye brains.

Kosta
ROFLMAYONIASE! I know EXACTLY how you feel. I used to be the BIGGEST Counter Strike geek! "DIE ALL AWPERS!" I would shout at the top of my lungs in to the microphone when I had stats like 65 frags to 8 deaths, and some f*cking n00b decides to pick me off from the other side of the map......*breathes slowly* its all coming back to me now. I gotta stop thinking about it.

I gotta brag though, I DECIMATED ALL with my M4 *strokes M4* evil face

Kosta
When its just weed, its bye bye brains, when its just cigarettes its bye bye lungs. So how does that make weed better? Apart from the high? I mean, weed is ok if you dont smoke it 24/7 and have the odd session with friends on a weekend once a month or something. But its the same with ciggies. I used to smoke cigarettes heavily, now I can honestly say I smoke occasionally like at (parties etc (And Kid Rock, dont pelt me with your rediculous "youre in denial" Bull shi+ wink), and dont get any cravings inbetween. I do ity cuz I enjoy it, but I know my limit.......I've gone off track here. Sorry stick out tongue

Syren
Yeah... ok, so I exaggerated. But I think that although weed affects your brain cells it's not nearly so harmful to them as tar and carbon monoxide are to your lungs.

Kosta
Theres a saying at my school that goes "Tobacco good for the mind, bad for the body. Weed good for the body, bad for the mind."

I guess in SOME (very few) respects that may be true........

Just a random bit of usless info there stick out tongue

Telperaca
Kasta...you go to an odd school...

Kosta
I could have told you that no expression

Syren
In my experience weed has been good for my body and good for my mind... I spent three years smoking a hellish amount and the only thing I'm missing is my memory, or parts of it. And that's only with regard to life memories... not my academic ability big grin To be honest, I'm mostly glad I can't recall certain misdemeanours laughing out loud

Telperaca
Okay, my opinion on smoking.

I hate it, it's discusting, and I think that it's even more pathetic that people who smoke just to look "cool". If they has some brains, they might think to look at the conceuences, they'd realise. People who do smoke don't give a crap about their own health, but it's even more more sad that they don't care about others. Especially people who smoke in public places! People who find smoking discusting have to also breath in the terrible fumes it gives off. argh!

What's also worse is that parent smoking in front of their babies. It's kind of influencing the children to smoke when they get older, and no parent should be influencing their childern to smoke!!

Syren
How old are you?

Telperaca
Why? O.o

Syren
Because you sound quite rosy about things... I smoke, ok? And I have a 6 year old sister and a 3 year old brother. Now, I always smoke outside and never in front of them, but they know I smoke. They also know that it's really bad for you and that I'm wrong for doing so. I'm sorry Telpz, but I'm not a bad person for smoking just because I have young, innocent relatives. Innocent they may be, but naive they are not erm

A4E
LOL i love this post
sorry syren but i love it when u post mean things..
...makes u sound like such a biatch love

Silver Stardust
Not necessarily true. Both my mom and dad smoke, as well as my stepdad, and if anything it taught me to NOT smoke.

A4E
yeah same thing goes for me!! wink

Syren
Well, gee, thank you kindly honey blushing

Syren
I was just trying to clear up the confusion about children always doing what they see done. I don't believe that is true. I know children are like sponges and are extremely impressionable, but if the situation is handled responsibly I don't think it's a huge problem. My sister, for example, is constantly telling me off for smoking. She turns up her nose and says I disgust her, and she's 6! Makes me proud.

Silver Stardust
My three year old sister told my mom that smoking is disgusting laughing she's three years old!!!

A4E
i agree, and i have a lot of experiance with kids (i have 2 little sisters and one lil brother)
and lol same hapens to me, my youngest sister hates smoke's smell and she gets soo angry when i smoke, i love her, tho shez a pain in the ass sometimes

A4E
big grin

Lord_Andres
I HATE smoke, It looks stupit, it IS stupit, y the hell smoke then???? I vomit after that pic with the lunges, OMG that was worse then even i imagined, holy...

wuTa
if this was asked 10 years ago...half the people who are saying "smoking is gross!" would be smokers

Syren
*hands you paper bag to hyperventilate into*

Jeez, dude, don't die or anything confused

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>