Rhino vs. Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
Who would win, Apocalypse or Rhino? i would have to choose Rhino is stronger than Apocalypse.

KillAll
this is a very obvious poll... apocalypse is stronger/faster/smarter. he WOULD win.

lightaxe
what teh heck, no contest, apocalypse wins easily.

demigawd
I'm not a huge fan of Apocalypse, but Rhino and Brainiac are pretty far below his league.

KillAll
who the **** keeps voting for rhino?? lol, thats just rediculous...

muffin man
apocalypse.
spidey got whipped by apocalypse once I think. and spidey always beats rhino so.

CountQuan
Who's stronger?

Lord-of-Dreams
Who cares? They aren't going to sit down to an arm wrestle. Apocolypse sets up a beating. Hardcore.

CountQuan
Can tRhino charge at Apoc with his horn?

Lord-of-Dreams
Who cares? Cant the large ant run at the young boy? Yes... TOWARDS THE YOUNG BOY!!!!!!

Khellendros
Yes and Apocalypse can grab him by the horn, flip Rhino over his head and slam him face first intot he ground. Apocalypse can give himself any super power as long as its physical based. He can grow twice as big as Rhino and ten times as strong. Rhino is absolutely no contest.

demigawd
I can't believe this is a close poll. I'd love to hear from someone who voted for Rhino about WHY they think Rhino can win.

Lord-of-Dreams
Seriously. But look at all of Countquan's post's. Bloody...

Tron
Ummmmm, Rhino, versus Apocalypse...

Yeah, since when has Rhino been even close to Apocalypes's league?

You do realize Rhino's only purpose in life is to job anyways right?no expression

jinzin
wow it's not even april fools and people are out voting for rhino, i may be the forum loon around here but even I had to give this to apoc without a second thought......appearently juggs backtalked apoc and apoc punch a dent in his armor to show him who's boss, juggs had the dent for a while and never backtalked apoc again, lol. It takes a lot more than just brute strength to take on a guy like apoc, and it's not exactly like rhino can rely on his brains for the fight, apoc wins.

KillAll
wtf????? i assume juggs = juggernaut?????? if so that never happened. unless it happened in a rescent comic, which i doubt also.

jinzin
naw it happened a long time ago,,,,,loooong time.

demigawd
Yeah, I wanna see a reference for this too.

Napalm
Apocalypse would beat the living crap out of rhino

Alpha Centauri
An overpowered New Jersey, Atkins-Diet failure versus an immortal.

Hmm.

-AC

KharmaDog
Uhm. Is this a joke? blink

Apoc doesn't even break a sweat. Infact Apoc wins this one while seated in a lawn chair with a beer in one had and a bag of cheetos in the other.

Napalm
Apoc would b!tch slap rhino like a two dollar Iraqi whore

Tron
So we're calling Apocalypse immortal now? He wasn't excluded in The End neither ya know.wink

You see where I'm going with this right?

muffin man
Lord-o-dreams well put.
this werse than an asin hulk one were he's to prove a point

Lord S
Apocalypse...class 100.

Rhino is just some fool in a rhino costume with a big horn.

No contest.

Haha I like that. laughing

IRTMU-Dragon
I do too!
LOL! Happy Dance Hes right, you know.

Victor Von Doom
Oooo.

Alpha Centauri
"So we're calling Apocalypse immortal now? He wasn't excluded in The End neither ya know.

You see where I'm going with this right?"

Referring to him by his moniker, just like people refer to Juggernaut as unstoppable.

-AC

Lord-of-Dreams
Thanks, but what did I say? Quote me next time, ok??
So, where the hell is quan at? I want him to know that this is the DUMBEST fight ever. Including the time that my buddy attacked my other buddy's boxer father- in kindergarten!! Why would Apocolypse waist his time getting his arse stompped brutaly and slowly, when Onslought could whipe him out quietly and quickly.

Tron
As long as we understand the same thign there. I won't bother making a deal out of it (not that I would've anyways) since I wouldn't be telling you anything you didn't already know. Hopefully, at least.

Wynndar
what is this?

Tron
Do you really need an answer?no expression

Alpha Centauri
"what is this?"

This is a thread, not literally, just called one.

Wait, why are they called threads? Coz....they're long?

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Because it's an independant line of discussion from the main board(s). Like a string in a piece of fabric.

On topic: I vote Rhino wins but only when Apocalypse shapeshifts into him.

muffin man
right rhino stands a better chance in a hunting park if he had a bullseye on him than he does beating apocalypse

Mainstream
Apoc is a very powerful mutant even Magneto has to lean back when Apoc comes his way!!!!

demigawd
I wouldn't go that far. But yeah, he's powerful.

Mainstream
come on demigawd Apoc can beat Mag...let's just drop it...so how is everyone?

muffin man
which is why I wanna know how magneto is the most powerful mutant alive come on he's not even an External

Mainstream
maybe magneto is an enternal muffin Man. the dude died like 3 or 4 times and always comes back ready for mutant action.

muffin man
teah but why don't they say he is an EXTERNAL and jeans probably one aswell.

Mainstream
Jean dies and comes back like 4 times a year she's one for sure..she should be the leader of the externals...I heard Cannonball is one too.

muffin man
yeah theres a hole section on uncannyxmen.net in villain teams in crebro files

Mainstream
yeah I go to that too. you ever read up on the Juggernaut and Xman in the spotlight files muffin man? it's great readin bro.

muffin man
yeah I've read juggernauts but haven't read Xmans cause I kinda don't know who he is.

Mainstream
duuuuuuuude? Xman is Scott and Jean son from an alternate future. he's like a teenage cable minus that techno virus (that't why Cable are is metal)

Lord-of-Dreams
You know, this thread is solame that noone is even talking about it!!! It's like an anything thread!! lol. Don't you care Tron? you're usually quick to whip guys about that..

Tron
Yeah, but *sigh* it's still a legit thread. It may be a complete mismatch, but it's still legit until I'm told otherwise.

muffin man
yes. tron rules and so does paola.

Mainstream
Apoc is the way. their is no freedom from him only freedom through him....he's quite a villian...even Magneto couldn't...never mind.

muffin man
beat him this thread is a discrace.

Lord-of-Dreams
Well, Tron. Nobody is posting in this thread. Not ontopick posts anyway. So... but I'm no mod. (not on this site anyway...). So stupid. WHERE IS COUNTQUAN??? I want to yell at him personally!

Tron
Ummmm, people are posting on here, you being one of them, lol. This thread's still within the rules of the forum, so like I said, it's legit til I'm told otherwise, and stays open until Count asks me to close it personally. If everyoen has that much of a problem with this thread, I have one suggestion: Don't post. Let the thread slowly die away on it's own, and don't post just to say it's stupid, then complain about it being up when you keep it there by posting.

Lord-of-Dreams
Right. But like I said, we're posting o-t. I didn't mean that we're not posting. But yea, I feel you.

Tron
As long as you feel me...

muffin man
err.

Lord-of-Dreams
Bunch of fools!! I meant that I see what you are saying

Tron
I know what you meant.no expression

demigawd
It may be revealed that Magneto himself is immortal, actually. The most recent issues of Excalibur suggested that Magneto should be dead, but the fact that he's not may have something to do with the fact that he represents one of the four fundamental building blocks of the physical world. In other words - Magneto may not actually need a body.

The storyline is still developing though. But it would promote Magneto from being the most powerful mutant alive to possibly the most powerful being on the planet. Except, I guess, for Sentry and the never-seen Molecule man.

crazyspinz
i voted for rhino, just to be funny

Draco69
What a minute. I haven't read much of Excaliber (Chris Claramont is going down the toilet) but wasn't the "Magneto" who attacked Manhattan just a imposter? And didn't Magneto somehow survive the Genosha attack and showed up later?

Personally I think the Magneto that attacked Manhattan really should have been the bona fide. Making the Magneto to be an imposter just takes away from the meat of the story.

demigawd
You and 8 others, it seems. *sigh*

Yes. It was, as it stands currently at least, Xorn's twin brother Xorn (!!!) who was impersonating Magneto who was impersonating Xorn.

Don't ask.

Ahh...the mystery is in "somehow". The man gets cripped by Wolverine, is stuck in a wheelchair, his whole island nation of 14 million gets obliterated, and he turns up, not only not dead, but in PERFECT condition. Almost as though he has a new body. In Excalibur 8, when Xavier was explaining his theory on Magneto, in the background was the scene where a Sentinel was hurling himself right at a wheelchaired Magneto, which means something is up.

It would have been out of character for Magneto to attack Manhattan. He's a mutant with absolute control over electromagnetic energy. Manhattan is filled with big metal skyscrapers. If it were in his character to do so, he could have laid waste to the entire east coast in an afternoon years before. Why didn't he? Because what's that earn for the people he champions? Morrison wanted to make Magneto bin Laden. I see Magneto more as Malcolm X. And Malcolm X wouldn't blow up Manhattan to earn rights for blacks.

Draco69
It seems that Grant Morrison and Chris Claramont are at odds with each other then. Old vs. the New. I think that Chris Claramont completely twisted Grant Morrison's story because he didn't like where Grant Morrison was heading. So he revamped the history to meet his own desires. That's my theory anyway. A lot of Morrison's stories are very complex so it is possible that Morrison intended it to be this way.

Personally I think the twin brother of Xorn thing is completely ridiculous.

Swanky-Tuna
I couldn't agree more. I know, I know. Twisted quote but still...

demigawd
It wasn't Claremont's idea to bring Magneto back. It was editorial. According to rumour, editorial didn't like the idea of their marquie character basically committing his own 9/11, even though they were ok with it at the time it was written. Also, Xorn had become a pretty popular character with the fans who wrote in (I never had an opinion of him, personally). So they figured they'd kill two birds with one stone and they told Claremont to bring Magneto back and Austin to bring Xorn back. But because ti was two writers trying to reconcile one character (Xorneto), the resolution became even MORE confusing, which led to there ultimately being three Xorns and two Magnetos involved in the retcon. Senseless. They shoulda had the balls to either put their foot down when they read Morrison's script, or to stick with their decision after they published the issue.

Draco69
I agree. It's very confusing now. One of the most shocking moments in comic history was when Xorn was revealed to be Magneto ( I really had absolutely no idea; I had my suspicions but not THOSE kind of suspicions). But now its just a limp balloon. The editorial REALLY screwed up. But not as much as Bendis's Disassembled Event. Do you have a theory for why and how Magneto appeared ( in his Manhattan destroying costume no less) in the end? Beast was still in his leather costume. The X-Men have no idea that Magneto is still alive or for that matter it was an imposter. And why the hell did Nick Fury and Captain America let the most wanted terrorist in the world take a very unstable young woman with godlike reality-warping powers. It made no sense whatsoever.

demigawd
Yeah, I was really shocked when "Xorn" turned out to be "Magneto" too. It was brilliant, even though I didn't like the rest of the storyline from there. Call me a traditionalist, but a drug-addicted Magneto who destroys and kills for fun just doesn't sit well with me.

As for why and how Magneto appeared - in Excalibur 8, Magneto was watching TV with some kids when they made an announcement that Avengers Mansion was destroyed and there were fatalities. That made Magneto go crazy and he created a time and space-warping WORMHOLE (another example of Magneto's upgrade to Phoenix-level Supergod) and stepped through it to go and get his daughter.

I think the X-men may have known by then that "Magneto" wasn't really Magneto because around that same timeframe, the second Xorn II (god, it's confusing even typing this) told the X-men after his rescue that it wasn't really Magneto's doing.

As for why Cap and Fury let Magneto take them...well, given their condition, I'm not sure they would have been in much position to stop him.

SnakeEyes
Man, this is a dumb fight

Draco69
"As for why and how Magneto appeared - in Excalibur 8, Magneto was watching TV with some kids when they made an announcement that Avengers Mansion was destroyed and there were fatalities. That made Magneto go crazy and he created a time and space-warping WORMHOLE (another example of Magneto's upgrade to Phoenix-level Supergod) and stepped through it to go and get his daughter."

I really hate this Excaliber comic. Why would they put a rather important piece of information into a comic nobody is likely to read?! When did the Excaliber comic become the "official "tie up the loose ends comic for Marvel"?

demigawd
lol, I think that all things Magneto go through Claremont now. And the upcoming House of M storyline is an Excalibur/Avengers crossover.

Draco69
Maybe I'll read it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.