Harry's nazi Costume...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charmedFairy
Harry says sorry for Nazi costume

Prince Harry has apologised for wearing a swastika armband to a friend's fancy dress party.

Clarence House issued a statement in response to a photograph published on the front page of the Sun newspaper under the headline, "Harry the Nazi".

It read: "Prince Harry has apologised for any offence or embarrassment he has caused. He realises it was a poor choice of costume."

But there have been calls for the prince to make his own public apology.

Tory leader Michael Howard told BBC Radio 4's Today programme Prince Harry should appear in person, rather than talk through a spokesman.

The Board of Deputies of British Jews said the costume was in "bad taste".

But they were "pleased" he had apologised for the incident.

"It was clearly in bad taste, especially in the run-up to holocaust memorial day on the 27th of this month, which the Royal Family will be taking a leading role in commemorating."

The picture was taken at the weekend at a friend's birthday party in Wiltshire, which had the fancy dress theme "colonial and native".

Prince Harry, 20, appears to be wearing a German desert uniform and a swastika armband. He is also holding a drink and cigarette.

Rabbi Dr Jonathan Romain, of the Reform Synagogues of Great Britain, said: "The fact that the palace has issued an apology indicates that this was a mistake by the prince.

"But having been given, the apology should now be accepted."

But the Queen's former assistant press secretary, Dickie Arbiter, said: "This young man has got to come up front and be seen in person making an apology."

Former armed forces minister Doug Henderson MP said the picture showed the prince was "not suitable" for the prestigious royal military academy Sandhurst, which he is due to attend later this year.

"If it was anyone else, the application wouldn't be considered. It should be withdrawn immediately," said the Labour MP for Newcastle upon Tyne North.

The prince, who is third in line to the throne, hit the headlines last year after a scuffle with a photographer at a nightclub.

The Sun reported that Prince William was also at the party - dressed as a lion.

see pic
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4170083.stm

Morning_Glory
i seriously cant stand either of those 2 boys

William or Harry.... sorry but I cant

charmedFairy
^No need to be sorry, I cant either.They got all the money in the world, too bad theyre so pathetic.

SlipknoT
Wow I didnt even hear about that

Morning_Glory
I think Harry is ugly too.. erm hes not cute at all...

William on the other hand is cute but nothing to get excited about

Capt_Fantastic
Not only is the swastika in poor taste, but I heard he had a rebel flag on his belt buckle. I mean, whats the big deal? Many people consider it a symbol of their heritage!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morning_Glory
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40716000/jpg/_40716791_sun203ok.jpg

SlipknoT
What was he thinking?

Alpha Centauri
""Prince Harry has apologised for any offence or embarrassment he has caused. He realises it was a poor choice of costume.""

He realised this after everyone made him think it was. It was a dress up party, he wasn't walking around claiming allegiance to the Nazis. If I go to a dress up party as Rameses, it doesn't mean I approve of how he tortured slaves.

Who the Hell cares? He dressed up as something. Big deal man. People need to get lives.

-AC

Cid
The medias taking it over the top

Capt_Fantastic
Well, I agree that it is offensive. The British media is very good at blowing things out of proportion. Well, I guess all media is good at that. But it is offensive for all the obvious reasons.

This kid is just an arrogant little prick who does these things for attention. He knew there would be a huge shit storm over this. It's not like he hasn't had 20 years to realize the media follow his entire family around(although why anyone gives a shit about them...much less why Britain even wants to keep a royal family I'll never understand) Sorry he'll never be king, but he might as well spend his life making an ass out of his family to get even for it.

Morning_Glory
doesnt the media always take it over the top

Clovie
i've seen pics eek!

imo it is sick...
guy should:
a. get some life...you know private?
b. stop acting like an idiot sad

eggmayo
thumb up I agree totally, at a fancy dress party you should dress up as anything.

Alpha Centauri
"imo it is sick..."

How is it "sick"? The boy dressed up for a party. The Royal Family have alot more shocking things going on within their walls than Harry wearing a swastika. They probably used this opportunity to just take the edge off them.

-AC

Morning_Glory
harry is overrated anyways... maybe they all are...erm

dont know...

furryman
I really couldn't give a smaller shit, unless perhaps I was a rabbit.

eggmayo
furry, what the hell is with your sig?

it keeps changing!

Bardock42
**** that, stop talking aboot some british idiots. Please.

Jackie Malfoy
All I ask is wh is nazi costume?I mean could't he had picked another costume?Anyway what is done is done.JM

Imperial_Samura
I agree it was in poor taste, and that he is a prat, but really, I don't think he should be crucified, it is unlikely (as far as I know,) that he has Nazi tendencies, and it probably was just a joke. It has been blown out of proportion certainly. I have seen Hitler and Nazi's portrayed in film, at fancy dress parties, they are made fun of in many comedies and so forth, so its not like he was breaking some taboo.

Still. an annoying and tactless prat all the same.

big gay kirk
I've been to fancy dress parties dressed as Jesus, a Nazi officer, a female prostitute, a flasher, a coalminer, a spaceman and a viking.... does this mean that I am a dirty-faced exhibitionist racist anti-semitic 10th century norwegian astronaut with a messiah complex who only does it for the money???

shaber
It seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's certainly not the worst hype I've ever come across.

lil bitchiness
OMFG!! Thats the funniest thing i have heard all day!! Bwahahaha!!!!

mechmoggy
I can't see what all the fuss was about, Freddy Starr made a career out of dressing as a comedy nazi. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tex
As punishment, Harry should attend his next party stark naked! drool

Syren
hysterical2

OMFG... you just put it into complete perspective.... fabulous!

Understandably, because of his status and public persona, it wasn't the most appropriate course of action... but come on, he's a young man who is living his life as anyone else his age would, except his is under constant scrutiny. People need to let this go and get the f.uck over it, society needs to put itself in his shoes before they can judge his antics erm

Aku
O FFS!!! He was going to a party, had it been anyone else no one would have complained, It's only coz hes famous.

Jedi Priestess
Somehow though I doubt Diana would have been impressed had she still been alive.

Bardock42
Who ****ing caresxy for Diana, shes dead and that is good yes

Aku
AMEN! Someone agrees that she was so over-rated!

Alpha Centauri
People also flipped coz they associate Nazis of course with Germany due to the war. Many britons have this petty thing of not letting go of past victories: World Cup 66, every international football competition, we get told "We'll do it this time, just like 66''. World War 2, some people still harbour a resentment or some kind of rivalry feeling toward Germany when some people who were actually in the way, couldn't give a shit.

All this, yet they seem to over-look the fact that the Queen is a German descendant.

It's stupid. Like that Luke dude who killed that girl, he had various "satanic" markings on his books and all of a sudden the press tried having you believe he was literally the Devil. Saying/wearing something doesn't equate to aligning yourself with those things. Just like when Harry wore the Nazi Swastika. As I said RIGHT at the beginning of the thread which Big Gay Kirk later said again, if I dress as Rameses is doesn't mean I'm supporting an Egyptian Pharoah who abused slaves.

-AC

Aku
Thats a good point actually. One of the few to come from AC.

Lol just kidding!

Bardock42
^right

shaber
Harry is really ugly, but people drool over his brother.

shaber
Oh my... what would my halloween sketch make me then? laughing

amity75
Harrys ancestor the German Kaiser used to wear a similar uniform all the time.

Bardock42
This is a lie

shaber
The Kaiser did send vulgar christmas cards!

Ronny
laughing big deal nazi arm band ooo oh no hes gonna go off to kill some jews roll eyes (sarcastic) it was a COSTUME blink thats like me walking into a coustume party in a vampire outfit ten getting my picture pasted on the front page of a newspaper say RONNY: THE BLOOD SUCKING VAMPIRE roll eyes (sarcastic)

Df02
exactly, spot on how i feel about this...its a costume, not as if he's growing a hitler 'tasche

Liquidice
^ Exactly, people with mouths wide open at whaering a fancy dress costume, people are shoked far too easy, and its not harry for doing this thats pathetic its the people that take offence that are pathetic its like black people with racism get over it you came out of slavery thousand years ago, please.

Filth
As much as i hate harry, i still feel that people have taken this incident well to far, in this country (england) it is not illigal to dress up as a nazi or even follow nazi believes (to an extent) he did not dress up like a nazi becaus he is a nazi it was a very sad joke as he is a very sad boy

Liquidice
hahaha why do you hate harry??? give me a valid reason why?? hes a prince and he uses it to his advantage, he cops off with page 3 stunnas, he smokes pot, he drinks, and has a good time, hes by far the best royal as hes probably the most normal. i totally disagree with the royal family and the fact that everyone has to bow to them but i dont hate prince harry, what else can he do he was born into a family he doesnt like and he cant get out. i sense jealousy more than hate.

amity75
I thought he looked really cool. Quite similar to Johnny Rotten.

Filth
i hate the fact that he is given power because of his bloodlines, my maine problem is the way he acts the tearm "spoild brat" comes to mind. like a good 80% of england i hate the royal family they are worthless slackers who dont know what its like to do a single days work, they are posh stuck up ass holes!

Tell me how can you dissagree with the royal family and not hate harry?

Liquidice
cos harry was born into the royal family, does he really have a choice??? and so he makes the best of a bad situation he goes out and drinks he smokes pot and he pushes of photographers and he dresses up as a nazi for a fancy dress party, i fink your just rebellin for the sake maybe trying to live up to your name as filth and that your damned to the pits of hell. hahahahahaha your the one i feel sorry for not prince harry. there is no reason to hate harry, just because he was unfortunately born into a family whcih are a bunch of dicks with sticks up there arses's. your right about the majority of england hating the royal family but i just think your the loser for hating somone you dont understand.

amity75
I'd move the lot of them into council houses in Liverpool and make them live on 60 quid a week.

Ronny
harry is by far the hottest son yes embarrasment

Filth
don't f**k with me!

I dont hate what he has done i agree he has made the best of a bad situation but he is still a w****r

Liquidice
good idea but a little harsh, id move charles, andrew and anne and magret, i hate them the most

Filth
hmmm moving them all into a council house sounds like a good idea, and maybe the locals will show them what they realy think

Liquidice
what you mean dont **** with me??? what the **** are you guna do dick?

Liquidice
and no lad, you the wanker

Bardock42
did you just say wanker?

Bardock42
You are so British, both

Filth
I would so love to rip your thought out now evil face

Liquidice
sorry german, although i do like you cos at least you know what your talkin about, rather than this so called filth. and you would love to rip my thought out. your just another fruitcake

Bardock42
what did you say sorry for brit What the f**k?

wuTa
**** harry and **** royalty....i cant stand the concept of royalty or little rich ****ers that think they can walk around and do whatever they want without thinking....people are saying its no big deal...its just a dress party....let me take those people to a dress party in the east side of detroit and they can dress as a member of the KKK, and right before they get there ass beat they can say "its cool, i'm going to a dress party"

Arachnoidfreak
Agreed.

shaber
The private eye made much of Blair wearing that completely inappropriate plum coloured suit!

Liquidice
Boring......

eleveninches
What an idiot he is for dressing like that!

BackFire
An attention whoring attempt gone way wrong. He did get attention, but he made himself look like a douche.

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm so completely moved and impressed by the level of maturity portrayed in this thread laughing out loud

Liquidice
but he wasnt looking for attention, it was a private party and one of the stupid backstabbing students snapped a pic of him.

Syren
laughing out loud That's a good point....

I still think the entire situation is ridiculous, and I feel a great amount of sympathy towards Harry for the reaction of society. It reeks of arrogance and displaced patriotism.

wuTa
wow.....what a rebutal

Syren
'Rebuttal' roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Woah guys get a room

wuTa
i have to admit....spelling isnt my bag babaay

Syren
I was being pedantic... it's a favourite pastime of mine tongue

ash007
dont really give a damn. I mean he has said sorry what more do you want.

He is juct acting like how a teenager should

Bardock42
Just get over it Harry is a german err I mean Nazi upps embarrasment

Syren
Bardock.... you can be such an ass stick out tongue

Bardock42
Hey I had to say it before someone else did

dean7879
if i was harry i would tell everyone where to stick it

Syren
eyes

You can tell me whether you're Harry or not flirt

dean7879
quote from a site
Prince Harry was invited to a party whose theme was Colonialists and Natives, a bit of fun, pastiche, nothing too serious. Some people turned up as natives, complete perhaps with spears, but nobody took photos of them and called them racists.

Prince Harry turned up in an Afrika Korps uniform - who better to mock than the German colonials under Hitler, the greatest imperialist project in human history since perhaps Genghis Khan?

If Prince Harry had arrived dressed as a Maori, nobody would have accused him of wanting to undermine the government of New Zealand. If he had gone as a British colonial explorer with a cork hat, nobody would have accused him of taking the pith.

Yet the Israeli lobby was ready with an instant hail of stones, without even mentioning the humanitarian crimes committed by Tel Aviv in the last fifty years. Perhaps Prince Harry should have worn the uniform of Sharon's units in the Lebanon as they were committing their massacres of civilians. Then nobody would have said anything.

To conclude, if this young man was invited to a Colonials and Natives party, what was he supposed to wear? A pink ballet dress, to be accused of being a fairy, a trans-sexual or a cross-dresser?

Bardock42
If I was harry I would hmm kill my brother and become king yes, and then force all the girls to have sex with me, while wearing my nazi costume, no wait, that is sick

dean7879
im more good lookin than harry cool big grin

Syren
Gadzooks blink

Dean.... I'm willing to bet that is quite true... it's not a difficult feat laughing out loud

Bardock42
What Syren? blink

Syren
Gadzooks.... holy shit!! OMFG!! Jesus, run away!!!

Translation: OMG, I don't think you're quite sane no expression

Bardock42
no expression
you ever belived I were What the f**k?

Syren
At one point, yes. But then, most believe me to be completely innocent and demure once.

*sigh*

The good old days big grin

Bardock42
I am really belive me strxxxxxxxx
why should ghsagajhsgdjhaksg anyone think I am jhjksdhfkjsdh not ???????? wacko

Syren
What the f**k? You're being an idiot.

Alpha Centauri
The British media are quite possibly the most celebrity driven media in the world. The USA media obviously cover celebs relentlessly but over here, people act like they actually know the celebrities just based off what they see on TV or in the paper. Is depressing.

-AC

Napalm
Theres nothing wrong with wearing a hitler costume to a cotume party I dress as charles manson ounce and nobody complained

s|m
Yes, it was just a harmless costume, but since he is a prince, he should have thought about it more seriously erm

s|m

KharmaDog
The thing here is that as a member of the royal family Harry is supposed to represent the ideal brit or at least represent himself with the level of class and common sense that would reflect well on his kingdom. The royal family is pretty much only a figurehead for great Britain, and yet they can't even do that. (I'm not a particular fan of the royal family myself)

Their jobs aren't hard, represent the people, do good for others and don't look like a complete f*ck*n idiot in the process.

To all of you who do not think it's a big deal at all, please remember that there are still alot of people (from Britain and other commonwealth countries) who fought against the nazis and had members of their family killed during that war. It really wasn't that long ago. My grandfather lost 6 brothers and it forever changed his outlook on life. To think that a person who experienced anything like that opens up a paper and sees that sod wearing a swastika, well, I understand how they would be upset.

For those of you who dress up like that for costume parties, or whatever and think it's no big deal, well, the families of over 6 million Jews would beg to differ.

Syren
I agree with the majority of your post in that there are masses of people who would have been shocked and appalled at the behaviour of one of our princes, but with regard to him being a figurehead for society who perhaps 'should have known better', well, I feel a great deal of sympathy for him erm Who are you to judge whether his actions are right or wrong, or to say that he has an easy job? Are you in his shoes? Is your life under constant surveillance? Nope. Until you've lived a day in his life, walked a mile in is shoes, you do not have the right to comment. Quit trying to be a representative for those who found his antics shocking... they won't thank you for it.

Aku
O FUNK THAT!

ITS A PARTY! YOU KNOW PARTY! SOMETHING THAT YOU GUYS PROBABLY NEVER HEARD OF!!!

Regarless of wether he was respresenting the royal family or not, it was a party with a themed fancy dress. Hes a teenager, people do stuff like this and the royal family are holding him back from trying to have a normal life. This thread is a big piece of bullcrap.

Alpha Centauri
"Their jobs aren't hard, represent the people, do good for others and don't look like a complete f*ck*n idiot in the process."

It is hard to represent the people given the fact that it's a family representing many people and many families, all of which are different, some of which don't wanna be represented by an old crone and multiple other old crones. My family and I for one. Also, if anyone else besides me tries to represent me in ways that only I can represent myself, it's hard not to look like an idiot and if you manage not to, I'll certainly change that. Just a thought.

"To all of you who do not think it's a big deal at all, please remember that there are still alot of people (from Britain and other commonwealth countries) who fought against the nazis and had members of their family killed during that war. It really wasn't that long ago. My grandfather lost 6 brothers and it forever changed his outlook on life. To think that a person who experienced anything like that opens up a paper and sees that sod wearing a swastika, well, I understand how they would be upset. For those of you who dress up like that for costume parties, or whatever and think it's no big deal, well, the families of over 6 million Jews would beg to differ."

My grandfathers were in the war but they realise that it ended in 1945. It's funny how people that weren't even in the war still harbour resentment and even hatred toward Germany.

Do the families of 6 million Jews beg to differ? I think it's a bit presumptuous to speak for families of 6 million jews. People need to get over shit. Had it not been for the papers, you wouldn't have even known he wore it and there wouldn't even be a thread. It's only a big deal coz the press made it one and for no other reason than that. If in 2005 you are still bitter about what happened prior to 1945, you need to get a life. Some people have their loved ones murdered by muggers and while they don't necessarily get over it, they move on. Like everyone should with this "sick travesty" as it has come to be known.

-AC

Syren
clapping

Oh yay, oh yay.... I am proud to call Centauri my friend embarrasment

WindDancer
Calm down Liquidice!

Alpha Centauri
"Oh yay, oh yay.... I am proud to call Centauri my friend"

I'm your friend now? A couple of days ago I was a bully with a complex who you never wished to speak to again wink.

-AC

Syren
*snigger*

You said it tongue

Alpha Centauri
I sure did smile.

So we're cool then?

-AC

Syren
Mais oui... hug

Alpha Centauri
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/hug.gif

Couldn't keep away could ya wink.

I'm kidding, don't unsheath the claws.

-AC

Syren
Nooo, I couldn't stop being your buddy. I am the Robin to your Batman, the Penfold to your Dangermouse... the Syren to your Centauri cry

~please note the subservience factor of my choices~

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

"Penfold". Such a hilarious name.

No need for subserviency smile.

-AC

Aku
O here we go. Hollywood better be noting this down as its the next epic romantic love scene.

Syren
OMG, are you kidding? I'm in love with a Moose... Centauri is just my biatch fab

Aku
Moose? A Moose or just Moose? And how can you be in love and have a biatch, only superstar pimps can do that!

ARC Trooper 117
Tacky.
If Harry REALLY wanted to show off his anti-Semitic sentiments and respect for the Nazi's, he could have at least done it tastefully. stick out tongue
LOL, that was the f*cking stupidest thing a BRITISH MONARCH COULD DO!

Aku
Did you know that they dont teach german children about the holocaust or the war. In fact only the british do coz we are so up our own arses that we won it with help from america and russia ofcourse.

Alpha Centauri
"Centauri is just my biatch"

Someone is sitting in the backseat of the Centaurimobile next time we go out to fight crime.

-AC

Aku
your a policeman?

Alpha Centauri
*Hands Aku a ball*

Bounce this.

-AC

Syren
*petulant pout*

You said not to be subservient. I was obeying your commands.

Syren
Canadian Moose love

And honey, I am a superstar pimpette fab

Aku
I collect canadian quaters, I got about 6 of them.

Aku
quarters* damn whats wrong with my tyuuytrtryyeping today?

Syren
laughing

You can edit your posts if you do it within 15 minutes roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aku
Yeah well I'm a bloke what do you expect?

Syren
Sweet FA darling wink

Aku
FA?

Syren
F.uck All.... laughing

Aku
That about sums up a mans intellegence in 2 words.

Syren
eyes Don't I know it.

Aku
I dont know if you do or not but wanna find out? wink

(damn that was cheesy)

A4E
lol are there any pics of prince william as a lion?? lol that must be funny

Syren
*thinks*

Naaaah laughing out loud

KharmaDog
Who the Hell cares? He dressed up as something. Big deal man. People need to get lives.

I find it interesting to note that the above attitude has been taken by alot of people who around 20 years old or younger. Not passing judgment, just sayin' is all.

People are also talking alot about hatred of Germany and "displaced patriotism. Most intelligent people can distinguish between the nazi party and movement in the first half of the 20th century and today's German population. As for displaced patriotism, alot of people who are upset are people who fought in that war or people whose parents or grandparents fought in that war. Also alot of people remain loyal to the royal family. To be insulted by this behaviour is not unreasonable to them.

"big deal nazi arm band ooo oh no hes gonna go off to kill some jews it was a COSTUME thats like me walking into a coustume party in a vampire outfit ten getting my picture pasted on the front page of a newspaper"

Your actions are neither under public scrutiny nor do you represent (whether by choice or not) and entire nation and history of people. And if you compare fictitious creatures such as vampires to the actual horrors that occurred during the reign of the nazi party, then I suggest you read a history book.

Who are you to judge whether his actions are right or wrong, or to say that he has an easy job? Are you in his shoes

In response I can say, who are you to judge me for making a judgment. Everybody judges the behaviour of others. You have judged his behaviour as being of little concern. As for me saying he has an easy job, well he'll never have to worry about going hungry, or being unemployed, or having to actually work for a living, so forgive me if I feel not a great load of sympathy if a wanker such as this does something stupid and gets torn up a little about it.

People need to get over shit.

Maybe, but in 30 years would it be ok to show up to a costume party in Littleton, Colorado dressed up as the trench coat mafia toting a fake gun? Or how about wearing an outfit declaring that you're an Al Queda terrorist to a party in New York?

To a degree I believe that people have to get over shit, but I also believe that some people have to also show a little class, good judgment and sensitivity.

Syren
I find it interesting to note that the above attitude has been taken by alot of people who around 20 years old or younger. Not passing judgment, just sayin' is all.

Glad you find it so interesting, I happen to have turned 20 very recently and I don't recall making a statement like that, or even close.

People are also talking alot about hatred of Germany and "displaced patriotism. Most intelligent people can distinguish between the nazi party and movement in the first half of the 20th century and today's German population. As for displaced patriotism, alot of people who are upset are people who fought in that war or people whose parents or grandparents fought in that war. Also alot of people remain loyal to the royal family. To be insulted by this behaviour is not unreasonable to them.

Did you fight in the War? Do you have direct contact with people who did? Why are you the best representative for these people?

Your actions are neither under public scrutiny nor do you represent (whether by choice or not) and entire nation and history of people. And if you compare fictitious creatures such as vampires to the actual horrors that occurred during the reign of the nazi party, then I suggest you read a history book.

They didn't compare vampires to the horrors of war, jesus, they simply said that Harry was dressing up and he didn't intend to greatly insult anybody, and if someone were to dress up as a vampire, FOR INSTANCE, there would be people averse to this also. But you wouldn't find a picture of the controversially attired culprit splashed across the front page news the next day. Please, don't have the audacity to order someone to read a history book just because you read their post wrong.

In response I can say, who are you to judge me for making a judgment. Everybody judges the behaviour of others. You have judged his behaviour as being of little concern. As for me saying he has an easy job, well he'll never have to worry about going hungry, or being unemployed, or having to actually work for a living, so forgive me if I feel not a great load of sympathy if a wanker such as this does something stupid and gets torn up a little about it.

You are contradicting yourself. First you say he has an easy life and job in that he doesn't have to work for a living, then you say he holds the whole weight of the world on his shoulders and should represent the royal family in a more appropriate manner. Which is it? Does he live high and have it easy? Or does he live a difficult and pressured life?

Maybe, but in 30 years would it be ok to show up to a costume party in Littleton, Colorado dressed up as the trench coat mafia toting a fake gun? Or how about wearing an outfit declaring that you're an Al Queda terrorist to a party in New York?

To a degree I believe that people have to get over shit, but I also believe that some people have to also show a little class, good judgment and sensitivity.

Class, sensitivity and judgement by your standards. Once again, sorry, who are you?

KharmaDog
Glad you find it so interesting, I happen to have turned 20 very recently and I don't recall making a statement like that, or even close.

Where you personally pointed out? Why so defensive?

Did you fight in the War? Do you have direct contact with people who did? Why are you the best representative for these people?

Did I fight in the war? No. Did I fight in a war? Yes. Do I know people who fought in WW2? Yes. Have I heard first hand accounts of what it was like to drive a tank in europe, be part of the RCAF, experience the terror of being bombed while in Britain, and the horror stories of experiencing life in a concentration camp
? Yes. Why am I the representative of these people? Never claimed to be, however, seems like alot of others neither care about their history or feelings. I could never represent them, but I can voice my own opinions, even if they disagree with yours.

They didn't compare vampires to the horrors of war, jesus, they simply said that Harry was dressing up and he didn't intend to greatly insult anybody, and if someone were to dress up as a vampire, FOR INSTANCE, there would be people averse to this also. But you wouldn't find a picture of the controversially attired culprit splashed across the front page news the next day. Please, don't have the audacity to order someone to read a history book just because you read their post wrong

Did you even refer to the quote that I was highlighting? By comparing the severity of impression that a vampire costume leaves with that of a nazi uniform a comparison of the representations have been made.

You are contradicting yourself. First you say he has an easy life and job in that he doesn't have to work for a living, then you say he holds the whole weight of the world on his shoulders and should represent the royal family in a more appropriate manner. Which is it? Does he live high and have it easy? Or does he live a difficult and pressured life?

Compared to the rest of the world he has it easy. He also has the choice to fly under the readar like many other royals or other celibrityies. Choosing to act sensibly (and thereby representing himself, family and nation sensibly) is not a difficult job, but one that does have certain respnsiblities.

You ask me of what right do I have to defend my position or to speak on behalf of others. I am sure others share my opinions as I am sure others share yours. I do find it interesting that you find fault with everything I say and, yet you do the same side, but by a different viewpoint. I also am suprised that someone who seems to relay her thoughts in an intelligent manner would try to make this into a personal arguement.

Syren
Firstly I apologise for portraying myself as an argumentative biatch embarrasment It was not intentional and I hope I haven't caused unnecessary discomfort.

I did happen to disagree with a few of your points, although on the whole I think you are right. I think perhaps I simply took a dislike to the way you presented your points, you have an extremely strong manner and it initially looked as though all others were wrong just on your say so erm You came across as obnoxious and I immediately picked you up on that, even though, having read a few more of your opinions, I now believe that you are simply passionate about what you believe in. As am I. Again, I apologise if it looked like I had a more personal agenda, this is really not the case.

Nice to meet you roll eyes (sarcastic)

KharmaDog
I never want to come off as a know it all, I apologize if that was the case. I do like to look at all sides of an arguement, and I will admit I am wrong, but I'll make you work for it wink

I am pretty passionate about many things, to go through life any other way would be boring (IMHO). But I do have a sense of humour too.

I'm really impressed that you didn't let this little tete a tete degenerate further. That showed alot of class. cool

Syren
fab Thanks for accommodating my 'jump before I look' nature laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
This seems to be happening quite a lot with you doesn't it Syren?

Suddenly I feel that claims made against me were quite false wink.

-AC

Syren
Kiss my ass... would you NOT provoke me for no reason? I'm having a bad time right now.... KMC is my offload bay. Shit.

KharmaDog
O.K., so are Syren and Alpha friends who continually jibe eachother, or not? It's getting real hard to tell who likes whom around here. confused

Syren
I love everyone until the moment they say something unnecessary, or mess with some of my best buddies here big grin

Nah, seriously.... I realise I come across as being a complete and utter psycho, but right now things aren't so good in RL. You joined at a bad time stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Basically Kharma, she did as she just admitted, to me the other day.

Jumped in without looking then accused me of many things I didn't deserve to be accused of, then retreated promptly and pulled the "let it go" angle.

To my understanding we are cool and the above comment was a joke. Yet again she thinks she can acceptable come on KMC, b*tch at people and have nothing said back, yet when it's me or anyone else, we have to let it go.

No Syren, that wasn't a jibe at you. Speaking my mind so don't take it to heart and I'm here or on MSN if you need to talk about anything to anyone. Just gotta ask smile.

-AC

Syren
Mkay... I know I portray myself as a hard hearted biatch, and I shouldn't just expect everyone to rally round when I'm having a bad time, but I am human. Thanks honey hug

Alpha Centauri
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/hug.gif

Welcome.

-AC

silver_tears
I think that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard no expression
It's a person's choice to what they wanna wear as a costume erm
The only reason it's so publicized is because he's royalty....

Next let's hassle all the people who dress up as witches, I'm sure all those wiccans out there object roll eyes (sarcastic)
Or better yet, let's stop the sale of nurses costumes, clearly they're derogatory to the nurses in the world no expression

Just because he's royalty doesn't mean they shouldn't have the same rights as regular people...

KharmaDog
I don't think it's about his right to wear such an item. I think it's more about the insensitivity and naivete he showed by choosing to wear such an item.

Once again, there are still people around (especially in great Britain) who experienced life under the threat and hostility of the Nazi party, and the lack of acknowledging or being aware of that is what the problem seems to be.

I have to say comparing the image of a wiccan witch or a nurse (or what either represent) to what the Nazi uniform symbolizes is utterly ridiculous.

I guess it's be o.k. if one of George Bush's daughters went to a party dressed as the grand dragon of the KKK, seriously, who would that offend? (please note the sarcasm here)

silver_tears
I'm almost positive the costume wasn't worn to spite some people who may have suffered through the Nazi regime, he was dressed to theme at a costume party, it's not like he goes out in the bright of day carrying flags with swastikas on them, he was wearing a costume, and he should have the right to do so, without having to publicly apologize for it confused
Not to mention having his application for university being reconsidered, where's the justice in that I ask?

As for the acknowledging thing, "It was clearly in bad taste, especially in the run-up to holocaust memorial day on the 27th of this month, which the Royal Family will be taking a leading role in commemorating."
What else would you like him to do?

And what do you mean would be okay? You mean they don't already? roll eyes (sarcastic)

KharmaDog
I'm sure the mistake wasn't intentional, but that doesn't make it any less innapropriate on his part.

However, I agree that the press are overblowing this to sell more papers.

Draco69
Harry made a stupid and completely irresponsible mistake. That's all it is.

silver_tears
On that I agree yes

I think people are too involved in the lives of celebrities to start with today, I mean why would you even care sometimes confused, it's not like you're affected in anyway if say Johnny Depp walked his dog in his boxers, or briefs, whatever the case may be stick out tongue

Aku
Funk The Nazi's And Funk Harrys Costume. It didnt mean Jack Shite. All it meant was that he could go to the party as a normal guy funk the royal family.

Syren
Aku, once again you have completely blown my mind with your amazingly poignant and intellectual post roll eyes (sarcastic)

{sarcasm}

And Irene, I'm more than aware that this probably won't mean a thing to you, but I'm impressed with your views. Absolutely thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Just voicing something:

"I think it's more about the insensitivity and naivete he showed by choosing to wear such an item."

He didn't stroll out and alert all the papers, press and paparazzi to the fact that he was going to his friends party. Just like any other press, they made it their business to hunt him down and take a picture, paste it on the paper and then say "Look, we're showing you that Harry went out in public with this on. Therefore he's spiting you."

No, he went to a friends party. You followed him and took pics. Big difference. If I wave a piece of cheese around and someone who's allergic comes and shoves their face into it, doesn't mean I'm tempting their allergy, just means their a moron looking for something to complain about. Paparazzi dedicate their lives to documenting other peoples. If they had something better and more creative to do with their time than spy on people, you'd never have heard about the costume and this thread wouldn't exist. When he kills, tortures, maims a jew or literally antagonises war veterans, then complain.

I don't love or hate him, he's out of my care. Couldn't actually care any less than I do. Just voicing that little tidbit.

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>