Ironman and Venom vs Steel and Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ironman
Igot this from my marvel vs dc cards it was ironman vs steel venom vs lobo. I onestly think Iroman and Venom win this one, what are your thoughts. Steel supes and the main man lobo vs shellhead and a neutral symbiote.

MightyAchillies
Did everybody forget Lobo Tha Main Man can't be killed Heaven wont take him and Hells afraid he'll take over (been kicked outa both). No matter how many times they "get rid of him" he'll find a new and inventive way to dispose of any who oppose, not even an issue.

Khellendros
Meh, asuming it's just a contest to see who can get the first knockout/kill, I'd say Ironman and Venom. Steel is pretty badass, but I'm not optomistic about his fight with IM. I think Venom just wins over Lobo because he's too friggin hard to hit.

MERCILOUS
Venom's the weakest link here, even though Steel is generally inexpeirenced. Iron man would have to pull out some honest to goodness ingenuity. If he tried that Hulkbuster crap on Lobo he'd find himself going down fast.

K3VIL
Venom would be deleted and killed from Superman's heat vision.Lobo would murder Iron Man when Tony is dealing with Steel, Lobo would leap on IM's back and pull of his head then use it to play foot-ball with the Man Of Steel, end of debate.This is a battle the marvel guys can't win.Venom can't win over Lobo, Lobo can make Supes feeling pain, Lobo would murder Venom.And really bad, also Steel is underrated here's a list of his armor's abilities:

Enhanced Strength: As noted, Steel is a normal human being who is in excellent physical condition, and who engages in intensive, regular exercise. Without his armor he can lift approximately 650 pounds. With his powered armor increasing his strength as much as 15 times, Steel's enhanced strength is quite considerable. He has been seen to lift and throw for short distances objects weighing as much as 5 tons. It would seem that greater strength would be possible, but would require re-engineering the support structures of the suit. As it is, the servo-motor systems that power the suit seem to be able to function at peak efficiency for approximately 2-3 days without any need for recharge. The current source of power is also unknown, but believed to already be patented by Dr. Irons.

Resistance to Injury: The suit's ability to impart a resistance to physical injury was quite considerable before the addition of the inertial dampening field. It is, theoretically, composed of molynbeum steel-titanium alloy infrastructure, overlayed with ridges of plated steel to reinforce vital areas. Small arms fire was generally not a threat but larger firearms could prove dangerous. All of the suits have performed admirably considering the opponents. These include the Cyborg Superman and Metallo, both considered to be highly dangerous opponents, even for Superman.

Magno-Gravimetric Flight Capability: With what are probably his greatest creations, the flight protocols for his armor are every engineers dream. His flight is made possible by two means. The creation of a limited anti-graviton/magno-repulsion field, the source for this field is currently unknown. This field polarizes him against the Earth's gravitational pull. This field is not enough, however to allow flight but does allow for the thrusters housed in his boots to give him the semblance of flight. (And perhaps under the right conditions to leap farther than normal). The distance that can be travelled before refueling is unknown but Steel has made a documented trip of at least 1,500 miles before touching down again. It has been determined, by observation, that Steel can reach speeds just short of the speed of sound, which is 700+ miles per hour. Since the power source for his suit is currently unknown, STAR Labs cannot further determine how the suit's flight capabilities function at a detailed level. Further analysis will continue.

External Weapon: Voice Activated/Controllable Hammer: Steel's original hammer was just a physical extension of his strength, to which, he did use to great effect. In recent battles, Steel has found himself outclassed by his metahuman opponents and decided to increase the technology found in his hammer. His current hammer has the ability to increase it's kinetic energy the further away it is thrown. At a distance up to 20 yards, it can stop a car, 30 yards, a truck, 60 yards, a tank, at distances greater than 60 yards, its destructive capacity rivals that of Superman for damage dealing capabilities. The hammer is also voice controlled and its flight is programmable.

Inertial Damage Field with Hammer: This hammer can also store the energy it has gathered along its flight path within the kinetic field and release it on contact with a target, even if its flight is interrupted by a command. It is unknown how long this device can store such energy. This device appears to have the ability to temporarily disrupt temporal/kinetic energy in a localized field and manipulated it for limited effects such as energy transfer based on a linear distance travelled. We suspect that such technology is alien in origin and its owner and manufacturer bear watching because of it. Its power source is also unknown.

Swanky-Tuna
Not that great of a suit Steel has. Compared to Ironman that is.

K3VIL
But sufficient to wipe the floor with Venom.

Swanky-Tuna
Well, Venom's got him beat in physical strength and probably wouldn't be getting hit by too many laser beams with his spider sense. Steel's suit is open face isn't it?

Tron
Okay, why do people continue to think that Venom's competition for any hard-ass 100+ bricks?

And is that wrathofachilles in the second post?

And Swank, where in the green hell have you been?

IRTMU-Dragon
And if were talking about the new lobo whose immune to all psychic attacks and can grow copies of himself with every drop of blood... Lobo would win all of this.

Swanky-Tuna
Like every hell but kind of green.

I've been dead.

IRTMU-Dragon
Uhh? Whats that suppose to mean.

jinzin
well, current venom is a monsterous form and for all we know may be as strong and durable as two venom's (as the story would suggest) so he may not be as outclassed here as most would like him to be.

MERCILOUS
Outclassed by Steel, not too much, but Steel does have all the right gizmos. But maybe all these three guys versus Lobo would be more fair.

K3VIL
Steel's physical strenght was sufficient to hurt General Eiling, that possess the body of Shaggy Man, it means invulnerability near to Superman's level.Also Venom's spider sense is MORE under that of Spider-Man, maybe around 30%, cause he got hit in lacks of attention so much times that if i starts to make a list it would have no end.
Venom's is not a powerhouse.He's a poor Class 11/12 Tons of strenght.
I have fun when i see guys on this forum arguing he can give troubles to the Juggernaut with brute strenght, cause Cain Marko IS a heavyweight, a grandaddy in terms of brute force.Venom is just a sociopath with a symbiote.
Steel's armor isn't open in face, it has same resistance in all the points, and can grant him to survive in space.Steel's hammer thrown at distances greater than 60 yards, its destructive capacity rivals that of Superman for damage dealing capabilities. The hammer is also voice controlled and its flight is programmable.
That means Venom is powned.
Venom is overrated on this boards.

Swanky-Tuna
Well excuuuse me. Except for the mysterious duribility and the hammer, the way you described Steel's suit made it sound like a piece of crap.

Maxing out at 5 tons AND being able to hurt Superman level characters with his fists makes no sense and I don't like Steel nearly enough to be bothered to double check. Five tons is a drop in the bucket for Hulk and Superman fans will still say Hulk won't dent him.

K3VIL
A sociopath poor ex-journalist wearing symbiot alien that likes chocolate and has a white spider on the costume sounds crap too.
You cannot just accept Venom is outmatched.And Steel is capable of more than Class 5 Strenght, he's not just the brick guy that always go head to head with the enemies, he's smart, a great ingegneer and tactician, one of the greatest of DC Earth.For going fist to fist JLA possess Supes, WW, Captain Marvel(Shazam), Orion etc.

Swanky-Tuna
Guy, I don't even like Venom. Throwing 5 ton objects a short distance is very unimpressive. He must rely on hammerthrowing a lot to do damage to Superman level villians.

K3VIL
Anyway he's over Venom, he's over Class 5 strenght, and it was showed in many JLA comics, so what's the matter?

IRTMU-Dragon
I wouldnt dobut the new Venom could take out Steel, easily at that.

But you put lobo in this thread? *sigh*

Swanky-Tuna
I knew he was *supposed* to be pretty up there but that 5 ton max thing was just blaring at me.

And I'm still not looking up Steel's stats and nobody can make me!

Ironman
steel isnt that strong

IRTMU-Dragon
Ya, steel isnt near as powerful as the new venom.

K3VIL
New Venom, Old Venom, in this fight there is Superman, so Steel just needs to let Supes fry venom with a burst of heat vision at 12'000 Farheneit degrees and Venom's out.

jinzin
wait I thought the thread was a two on two battle. Steel-superman, not steel, and superman.

Tron
Let me make sure I'm right; is it Steel Superman and Lobo, or is it Steel, Superman, and Lobo?

Ironman
steel superman why are people retarted is says steel superman and lobo vs ironman and venom sorry tron not to offend but k3vil is an idiot.

Tron
So, to make sure we're clear, you mean Steel Superman as just "Steel", right? Cause I can understand the confusion.

And, keep the insulting comments to yourself.

Draco69
Yep.

K3VIL
ROTFL, did i ever say that Steel, Superman and Lobo weren't on a team in this thread?And tell me why i'm an idiot, cause in this fight the poor Venom is gonna having the living crap beaten out of his symbiote?

Tron
No, he said Steel and Lobo were on a team. He refered to Steel as "Steel Superman". In fact, I'm changing the title so no one else gets confused.

Ironmanpower
In marvel vs dc lobo was defeated by wolverine. IM can easily deal with lobo. And i dont know Steel so...

K3VIL
Is still someone that pull out the example of Marvel VS DC?
In Marvel VS Spider-Man defeats Superboy, do i need to say more?
Wolverine especially with bone claws don't stand a chance in hell with Lobo.He won cause the fans decide it.It was FAN VOTED.

Ironmanpower
That didn't make Lobo stronger than IM if that fight was Fan voted or not.

Swanky-Tuna
On his own, Lobo can and has roughed up Superman. Nobody knew who he was or liked Wolverine more so they voted for him. On top of that, Lobo's character is a joke on characters like Wolverine and Hulk as a "badass" character with ungodly strength and can heal from anything.

K3VIL
Lobo would walk over IM and use his helmet to put in in rests of cigars.He's superman's class of strenght, durability etc.

Tron
And Hulk was beaten by Batman in the same series, with a kick to the gut. Do you really wanna use that in your debate?

Draco69
He was?! Good Lord, just when I thought the story couldn't get any worse!

Scoobless
i don't remember hulk being beaten by batman, you sure you aint confused? if not which number of the series did it happen in?
why do people keep putting lobo in these threads when it's pretty evident he can pulverise almost anyone below supes or hulk level? and everyone else in this certainly fall into that catagory........ i don't really know anything about new venom but old venom kicked ass. although i read a lot of the stories which featured him and collected most of his limited series i don't ever recall it mentioning he had any sort of spider sense.
if the symbiote is working similarly now as it did when with a host (it is hostless isn't it?) then physical attacks wouldn't seem to do much good as any part that got cut off can rejoin and it absorbs impact easily

p.s. can it really still be called a "symbiote" if it doesn't need or use a secondary organism for survival/enhancement?

K3VIL
Venom has been knocked out, there's a limit to the impact absortion ability of the symbiotes, and a punch from Lobo is over that limit.

jinzin
yeah I actually thought the batman hulk thing was pretty cool, Batman dropped a knock out gas grenade and kicked hulk at the perfect moment with the perfect surgical presicion that caused hulk to gasp for a slight bit of air thus inhaling the KO gas, thus knocking his ass out. It was cool.
but anyway's new venom is rebonded with eddie brock and another venom, which somewhat gained it's own sentience in a way (long....confusing story). The end result was a venom that was the size of a small house, so basically venom x2.......Also the new venom is nowhere near as fragile to fire and sonics has he used to be.
i've never known venom to get KOed via physical force so please do tell me where that occured.
And the new venom did need a host body, but only as a vesil to supress it's appetite, and you're right physical assaults on that venom incarnation are about as effective as fighting air.

Scoobless
he's taken punches from juggernaut before the change and i've been informed he's morepowerful now

jinzin
Yeah the juggernaught battle happened before his "upgrade" with the mercury virus in the same mini and venom basically retained some of that extra-strength afterwards, hence how he backed down juggs in the third volume. But yeah the new venom is way stronger and way more durable and capable. It's ridiculous how much he's evolved, but cool non the less. Like I said he's basically venom times two. that's a whole lotta venom.

IRTMU-Dragon
It doesnt matter.
So long as Lobo is in this battle hed obliterate Venom and crush Ironman, then hed get bored and kill Steel too.

jinzin
Well he can't do too much if anything to the venom symbiote which can opperate on it's own accord now, so I guess he'd have a really tough time obliterating, venom.

Scoobless
couldn't the new venom bond with him and become reallllly powerful?or eat him?

jinzin
yes to the bonding, and i don't know about the eating, since without a host it's anyone's guess how physically strong venom's jaws can be, but i assume yes to that too.

IRTMU-Dragon
Uhh? No he wouldnt have any problem with Venom...

Lobo is freaking immortal, and hes immune to all psychic attacks because he decided to have his favorite rock song implaneted into his brain for all eternity, imagine a song playing over and over for all eternity in your mind!

And just what would Venom do to a class 100 strength, virtually invincible immortal super being, who can survive as a head on the ground? And when lobo bleeds, it makes copies of him... lobo is unstoppable.

Napalm
Lobo

Scoobless
i don't mean "eat" like people eat i mean "eat" like as in envelope and absorb

jinzin
venom can take him over.

DarkCrawler
No he cant.

jinzin
why the hell not?

MERCILOUS
Lobo's insanity might be a problem for the symbiote. It might not even be able to handle the music. It has a pretty strong ego of it's own now so it might not want to have someone as strong willed as Lobo (who has a will on par with Hal Jordan.) So unless someone know more about Venom I doubt an "absorbtion" could or would occur.

All of you are also forgetting Lobo's ability to size up his opponent's weakness at a glance. One look and he'd be flaming and sonic attacking Vemon (as if he needed to.) And Stark would be EMPed or something.

jinzin
lobo can do that? so if lobo was fighting the old GL without ever meeting him before he would know all he had to so was put on a yellow raincoat? that's bizzare to give a character a power like that,,,,,,anywho, I don't think crazy is a bad environment for a symbiote especially since a lot of symbiotes bonded with cletus and he's as crazy as they come. But the symbiote can basically send nightmares and hillucinations in it's hosts head, Silver Surfer might have suffered the same fate were there not circumstances,,,and that was from a weaker symbiote than the present venom one. i really have no doubt in my mind that venom can't take over lobo, especially since there's really no evidence to prove otherwise. if willpower was that great of a factor for the new venom, the symbiote would never have been able to take over wolverine, he's got as much will power as anyone.....ever.

MERCILOUS
But remember it might be incompatibale. And Wolvie does not have as much willpower as anyone, he doesn't need it. He can as has been mind controlled and knocked out by a psi-knife, (something that Psylocke much later admitted that she could never hope doing to magneto.) Nightmares and hallucinations? Lobo'd probably just thing he got high. As for the Surfer, well, I'm not getting into that, it really seems like crap to me (writers make mistakes you know.)

As for the rain coat, yeah, that or he might just take the ring off. Either way most people don't know he has that ability because he doesn't bother using it. If you had his kind of power would you? It's alot more fun to make the blood fly the hard way. I think the last time he displayed this ability was in Lobo #50, when he killed every super hero on earth in a what-if kinda story.

Ironmanpower
Iron man most recent armor have 6 head seeking missile of 500 megatons TNT powers.
Want an example the power of 500,000 tons of TNT

An asteroid of 1.7 km = 200,000 tons of TNT = a crater of 30 km

Effect on earth:
Land impacts affect climate, global destruction of ozone, tsunamis destroy coastal communities...

Draco69
This at first glance LOOKS pretty powerful. But this does not account for the asteroid's speed, velocity and momentum. So a 500,000 TNT missile would not cause the world to end. Did the atomic bombing of Japan end the world?

Ironmanpower
Hiroshima bomber was 'Tall Boy' 15 kT (15,000 tons of TNT) so 6 missiles of 33 times the power of the Hiroshima bomber let you imagine the consequence.

Draco69
I stand corrected. Although Lobo would be aokay after such a blast. Son of gun would flip the bird to a blabbergasted Iron Man after the blast.

Ironmanpower
How he can be OK after that. A simple gun make is body rip apart... If he can regenerate from THAT that will take him 100 years to find all is pieces in a exploded area of 14km.

Draco69
Lobo has Superman durability AND Regnerative powers that would make the Hulk look like a first-aid kit. He'd be fine.

Scoobless
yeah, you're right............ lobo is a stupid character......... that's what you were getting at ........ right?

Draco69
No. Lobo would win this battle by himself. Iron Man is out of his league. And yes Lobo is not the best character to be created.

jinzin
I still say veno takes him over. there's no reason why he couldn't unless lobo does that weird analysis thing and sonics venom to death.

Draco69
Precisely.

Ironmanpower
Lobo is not durable as Superman like you think. A simple gun have don this.

long pig
i dunno if you all really understand lobo...he is a joke..a middle finger to "superheros" and some of their over zealous fans he was written to be able to annoy the piss out of anyone who looks at comics too closely....basically lobo is anti fanboy...

MERCILOUS
You are misinformed. That wound was recieved on a highly advanced planet where the weaponry was likely advanced as well. How advanced? Inconceivably advanced. Lobo books are comic books for a reason, you know "comic." Still he can survive the hottest sun or coldest space and even black holes.

You are right about one thing, he is not as durable as Superman, he is many times more durable.

Jvenom
I doubt Steel can take on Iron Man. He might be stronger then five tons but his coustume is still weaker then Iron Man's and has less weapons on the same level.

The Venom symbiote would have no problem taking over Lobo. It has taken over Hulk and Thor in the past and the Carnage symbiote took over the Silver Surfer who is far more powerful then Lobo and by the way Thor is also more powerful then Lobo. Lobo is durable but the symbiote would be to much for him if it was to much for SS and Thor.

As for Steel everyone that says he can lift more then five tons because the comics have shown him too should recall that Venom is also alot stronger then his bio claims. He has gone toe to toe with the Hulk, made Juggernaut run away, beat Superman in a fight, knocked out Badrock and thrown She-Hulk around like a toy. He has taken their punches and gotten up. Both are clearly more powerful then their bio's.

Last why is everyones defence that Lobo cannot die. Why does the fight have to be to the death? You could beat someone with killing them.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Jvenom
I doubt Steel can take on Iron Man. He might be stronger then five tons but his coustume is still weaker then Iron Man's and has less weapons on the same level.

The Venom symbiote would have no problem taking over Lobo. It has taken over Hulk and Thor in the past and the Carnage symbiote took over the Silver Surfer who is far more powerful then Lobo and by the way Thor is also more powerful then Lobo. Lobo is durable but the symbiote would be to much for him if it was to much for SS and Thor.

As for Steel everyone that says he can lift more then five tons because the comics have shown him too should recall that Venom is also alot stronger then his bio claims. He has gone toe to toe with the Hulk, made Juggernaut run away, beat Superman in a fight, knocked out Badrock and thrown She-Hulk around like a toy. He has taken their punches and gotten up. Both are clearly more powerful then their bio's.

Last why is everyones defence that Lobo cannot die. Why does the fight have to be to the death? You could beat someone with killing them.

I'm not sure taking over Lobo is a victory either...Does the victims will have anything to do with it?

And the symbiot on SS, come on now, you know that's crap, SS doesn't even have a physiological anatomy, and I doubt Thor does either. One day she's realing from hellfire and the next she's not effected because she doesn't have a soul, someone should get there crap right at marvel.

And it seems pretty obvious that you forgot (right...forgot) lobo can analyze anyone's weekness at a glance, and symbiotes having more than one are in a world of trouble.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Ironman
Igot this from my marvel vs dc cards it was ironman vs steel venom vs lobo. I onestly think Iroman and Venom win this one, what are your thoughts. Steel supes and the main man lobo vs shellhead and a neutral symbiote.

This is a joke right. Lobo kills steel off, knowing that he will be a liability in this matchup and then proceeds to take down both Tony and Eddie Brock with Relative ease. No contest.

Jvenom
The point is still the same the symbiote has taken over both thor and SS. You may think it is crap but you cannot argue it has happened so Lobo would be easy to take over. Will power does not matter. The symbiote species takes over entire planets. They all took over Earth once and all the heros fell.

leonidas
<<Outclassed by Steel, not too much, but Steel does have all the right gizmos. But maybe all these three guys versus Lobo would be more fair.>>

this MAY be the first time i've ever agreed with merc . . .

lightaxe
Lobo alone could kill Iron Man and Venom. Steel is basically a non-factor.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Jvenom
The point is still the same the symbiote has taken over both thor and SS. You may think it is crap but you cannot argue it has happened so Lobo would be easy to take over. Will power does not matter. The symbiote species takes over entire planets. They all took over Earth once and all the heros fell.

That still doesn't account for the fact that lobo only needs to look at venom to discern his weakness. And even if he wasn't carrying the weaponry he could rip it off either Iron man or Steel.

Wynndar
I dont think Ironman's going to try to go against Lobo blow for blow once he realizes he has incalculable regenerative properties. He will probably try to figure out a way to contain him or suspend him. I could see Doom infecting Lobo with a bio attack that would neutralize his healing ability. Tony's not that smart though. Lobo's pretty smart himself too though. Steel is a non factor....Venom would quickly decimate him. LObo and Steel have more power than Ironman and Venom, but the Marvel guys are more versatile and dynamic. Too close for me to choose a side.

long pig
Lobo tore open a friggin tesseract with his bare hands, Ironman's armor would be like tin foil.

Venom gets taken out by a sonic clap.

Steel runs away after seeing the bloodshed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.