Human Torch versus Iceman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
This is the battle that introduced me to comics as a kid. My friend liked Torch i liked Iceman. When i was a little kid i just used to look at the pics but when i learned to read i had saved all the books and read them. When i found out about the android torch i liked him better than iceman.
Originally Human Torch would have destroyed Iceman even though back then i wouldn't have admitted it. Today however, they are almost equal it their control of power. Iceman does molecualrly when torch can do to the environment. I think torch can superheat more air than ice can freeze so i think Johnny Storm wins but is sorry for it.

Linkalicious
Torch could go supernova and melt iceman...even if Iceman had the drop on him I think Johnny could kick his ass.

ScarletSpider
Iceman can reform from being melted. I think it's a pretty even fight, I don't know who'd win.

Linkalicious
Ever seen Torch go Supernova? He'd do more than evaporate Iceman...

Austinzilla
he could definitely beat iceman...johhny's too strong for bobby stick out tongue

Never
I like Iceman for this reason:

"According to the laws of physics, cold is defined as the absence of heat, and therefore there is actually no such thing as "cold." If this is the case, >>>>Iceman cannot emanate cold, but rather must absorb or dispel heat.<<<< Since heat is energy, Iceman's power then becomes a pseudo-psionic ability to manipulate energy."

norrin radd
tough choice i must say, one thing about the cold is that it has a limit you cannot pass from 0 kelvins, but with the heat there are no limits. but these are just references neither bobby or johnny have the power to be at such levels of cold and heat, i think.

Wynndar
u know Johnny can freeze stuff too....but not on the same level as Bobby...he used this tactic against Graviton, absorbed all his warmth...these guys r friends, they shouldnt be fighting...but if they did fight, i would go with the Torch...Ice Man can survive being melted, but Torch's nova flame is a Fusion reaction, water in the presence of nuclear fusion temperature would denature...idk if Iceman can survive molecular denaturization

Linkalicious
I've already used the Nova flame as my arguement earlier, so i think everyone knows my opinion on this.

But i just wanted to know if Iceman had anything similar that he would be able to do in order to decimate Torch.

Oh and last time i checked....Flying was a lot faster than sliding on an ice platform.

Wynndar
Iceman's powers have actually been dramatically increased so that he can control all the water in a person's body i think...however i dont know if he could use this trick on torch, maybe the torch could protect himself from Iceman's "ice rays" with his flame...but i think the torch would roast him first anyway

norrin radd

Spawnie
Aren't these 2 supposed to be evenly matched or something?

But if the human torch can go supernova, I really don't know how iceman could survive that one.

manjaro
one would readily think that they are evenly matched but the supernova thing trumps any card iceman has to play. i read in a marvel encyclopedia, and on marvel directory.com that Johnny can generate heat up to 1,000,000F. and bobby can lower his temp. to-175F. I dont know the exact ratio but -175 sure seems a far way from 1,000,000.

ScarletSpider
Bobby could take a cheap way out and freeze the blood in Torch's veins. Torch is only covered in a layer of fire, so I would think that his innards would be susceptable to attack. Especially when all Bobby has to do is think and will it to happen.

Bojangles
im still putting my money down on johnny

ScarletSpider
Yeah, that does seem to be the safe bet.

Never
Human Torch does not instantly go Super Nova. He has to power up (in the past, anyway). Current full potential Iceman is muuuuch more powerful.

Wynndar
more powerful or more deadly?

Never
Well they are both superheroes, so is the question "who is more deadly" really applicable in this particular instance...?

I would say Iceman is "more deadly" considering his latest mutation. He is soooo much more versatile than Johnny could ever hope of being.

papablkbear
ya i agree but like they say play with fire u will get burned. I think if u push human torch he just might make steam out of iceman. But i'm backing iceman based on his new mutation also

mordamor22
Can Iceman freeze things telepathically?

Arachnoidfreak
Yep.

vu_Quang
Human torch would win. although i think ice man's definitly cooler. heheh get it "cooler".

i think ICeman needs his own comic he brings so much potential for few good writers imho. if there is already an iceman comic scratch this.

Never
Replies such as these are so...*sigh*

Why do you think the Human Torch would win?

vu_Quang
ouch Never , i actually thought this was no contest but if you want a reason here goes.

It's nothing more than what's been said before. human torch can reach much futher into the depth of heat than it's is possible to reach coldness. the ratio as pointed out by a member is favored to the human torch. (infinite potential limit of heat/ kelvin) and although iceman would have a better chance of defending himself to the intensity of johnny's nova blast than say your average human he would probaly evaporate . now i dont imagine that you can simply reform from a gas as he would from water. and if he could it would take him much longer .

but you're right i do need to be clearer in my responsees from now on, sorry about that

but now that i think about it the gathering of power for a super nova absorbs heat from the vincinity and thus greatly giving ice the chilly home court advantage during the charge-up. that and the time advantage gives iceman the time to freeze johnny's blood (a worthy feat considering this is the human torch we're talking about). then again human torch could be doing this from a flying location. (although ice can beam himself up there it would take him longer than torch) but if we were near the outer rim of earth's greenhouse this would change the climate to below freezing levels. returning iceman the advantage. *mental note:they both can't survive without oxygen so the battle wouldn't excalate to space*.

but what i said in the previous post was true i do believe iceman needs his own comic if this isn't so already.

Hit"Em"Up
i swear to god people make the stupidest sh*t ever.

i dont even read the comics and i know who would win.

of course ice man will win.

Linkalicious
ok....got a question.

What significant heroes or villains has Bobby been able to sucessfully freeze the molecules of? or whatever people are claiming?

That being said. Have any of those people been a human fireball like Human Torch?

Also, i've got a comic where Johnny goes Nova...and it's not like he's freaking Goku or Vegeta powering up for 1/2 a DBZ episode. Johnny basically flies into the air...flips out...and roasts everything in site.

How is Torch supposed to magically get frozen in mid air while he's flying around? Is hitting a moving target getting THAT easy now adays?

papablkbear
laughing Half a dbz episode man they did take forever on that show just to powerup didn't they. Then it took them forever to start fighting(but thats another thread)

Never
Thanks - I personally enjoy reading another's opinion on why a character would win moreso than simply who would win. In the event their understanding of the character's abilities is not quite sound, it would most likely surface there.

There is one thing smile

Why do you think that Torch's potential for heat is infinite? Not true.

"The Torch can release all of his body's stored energy in one intense, omni-directional "nova-burst," which can reach about 1,000,000 F, and which is similar to the heat-pulse of a nuclear warhead detonation, with an are of total devastation of about 900 feet in diameter."

vu_Quang
Well i didnt think so much of johnny's ability persay i did think in scientific terms .

in science there exists a hypothsis stating that heat can is infinite in terms of getting hotter. (of course you can never prove or disprove infinite speculation)

but science also has come to a firmer conclusion that cold has a limit, this they've measured. 0 degrees kelvin = -sumthin celsius.

of course you may know this or now you do. but you're absolutely right that johnny has personaly limitations on his power.

and for the record i think i'm gonna bump up iceman as my favorite comic character. but i still love the green man. it's tight between these two.

Wynndar
for a time the Torch's power was increased but then he couldnt turn back to normal...which ice-man currently suffers from....in this state he was constantly at Nova flame and could fly through planets and even survive in space...however he didnt like it and eventually Reed found a way to turn him back to normal

Lord-of-Dreams
I have been pondering this one for a while. Tworival elemants. Logically, Torch should just melt anything Iceman throws at him. But if this was how it worked, Iceman wouldn't be the overrated star he is, would he (JK LOL!)? None the less, I'm for Torch.

norrin radd
go here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297603&highlight=iceman+vs+human+torch

Tron
Merging.

And next time, use the search engine to make sure you're not making a thread that's been done already.

Placidity
Since the other thread was closed, I did some searches and found this. Although its been claimed to been done to death, I couldn't find any other threads that wasn't closed after two pages...

Lord Feron
Like I said in the thread that was closed.... (by the way why isnt this closed?) Anyway there is nothing Torch can do to permantly down Iceman. There are far too many ways for Iceman too win. Simple.

Placidity
You're probably right, but I always thought Torch's Super Nova would be quite formidable...

Kris Blaze
Fuego failed, so I don't see how Torch can possibly do it.

xJLxKing
Iceman is stronger. He can rearrange the molecules in a persons body. Something like freezing them. Human Torch can't win.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Placidity
You're probably right, but I always thought Torch's Super Nova would be quite formidable...

Not a bad move but the Nova blast, but Iceman will just keep on coming back and there is a scan somewhere where he can control the temperature right around his body.. so literally heat does not bother him anymore.

It was a scan with mystic, a truck just exploded and IM is standing in the flames and Mystic is shocked that he doesn't even feel it. Pretty sweet.

GO BOBBY!!!

SuperiorTech
http://e.imagehost.org/t/0619/Xmen_Manifest_03009.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0018/Xmen_Manifest_03010.jpg

Placidity
Ok guys, what about Torch with the power cosmic?

SIAFON
ANYBODY AWARE OF THE FACT THAT BOBBY IS AN OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT; JUST LIKE JEAN GREY. I VOTE ICEMAN.

jrodslam
Iceman wins.

Vanlore
The people talking about 1,000,000 vs -175F or if he can put more heat then cold. I think that is the wrong way to compare this. It has nothing to do with who puts out more number wise. Iceman powers dont work that way. Even if he had a limit to how cold he can make something does not mean he could not slow the molecular level of a 1,000,000 F to below Zero...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
http://e.imagehost.org/t/0619/Xmen_Manifest_03009.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0018/Xmen_Manifest_03010.jpg

Thank you good sir and that is why Bobby will win everyday of the week.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Iceman every single time, effortessly. He is beyond the Human Torch etc.

He can control chemical reactions etc. Johny cannot even flame on if Iceman felt like it.

Sunfire is an excellent example. He couldn't power up because Iceman didn't allow him to.

Anyone who thinks Johny Storm has some sembleance of a chance doesn't know a lot about Bobby Drake.

guy222
Bobby

Mekrob
If anyone has played Pokemon (everyone I suspect), fire is super effective.

h1a8
A bucket of water ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.