Will a women ever be the President

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Ok for some reason in my lecture today we were talking about American politics, and it got me thinking will there ever be a women President in my lifetime wink

I am talking about the good old US here, i mean in England we have had a women leader and she was great yes.
Even in places such as Sri Lanka and India have had women leaders.

Also would the Ameircans accept a women as there leader?

Far as i know Hillary Clinton could make a excellent President smile

OK people please try to keep this thread nice and clean or one of the mods might close it

Jeff_Atello
I think Hillary Clinton is a psycho, but then again, I haven't heard much of her politics. And I am under the impression that she was running the country for Bill, and if so, I definitely support her. When you think about it, we haven't had a woman president, but Eleanor Roosevelt was pretty much the same thing. FDR relied on her so much, and she was the inspiration for much of his New Deal legislature. But I believe that there will be a woman president at some point. I sure hope so, because I believe it would be great for this country, and I think a woman could run the country better than a man.

rusky
I think women should have no problem in becoming president...except for the regular convincing the whol population sort ofc..

Then again there's this weird thinking that a woman couldn't handle it which is very dumb...

ChinaNiki
It would be great to see a woman become President. I think it is exceptionally sad that we don't have more women in Congress and the Senate now. Other countries make an effort to encourage women to run for political office, but if one runs here the news media doesn't just talk about what issues she stands for, but how she's dressed, how many guys she dated in college, whether or not she had a nanny help raise her kids, and all sorts of other B.S. that has nothing to do with politics. I could care less about whether someone's shoes matches their dress as long as they are looking out for the little guy and not the rich oil companies, unlike a certain President I could name.

Asami
Margarat Thatcher was not great I'm afraid. She was a man in a skirt. It took a man to make it law for it to be a crime for a husband to rape his wife.

-Not that its dubious that a woman would make a great president.

Fire
I think it'll take a while but yea

Linkalicious
^ yup

punkyhermy
why not!?!
i'm aall for it!

The One Part 2
It will be many years before a woman can ascend to the Presidency. Despite powerful women like Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro, the discrimination against women in powerful positions is still strong. I would even go as far as to say that an African-American will become President long before a woman ever does. Not what I want to see, but the rich WASP males tend to rule politics in the US.

Gregory
In todays political climate? Probably not. But there was a time when it would have been absurd to believe a Roman Catholic could ever become president.

Asami, I'm a little confused by your post. You think a husband should be allowed to rape his wife? Or am I misreading you? And don't you think that when you describe someone as "a man in a skirt," you're being guilty of stereotyping?

Not hostile, just curious.

finti
Well Island has already had a female President and she served a long time too.
The question that should been asked was
Will a women ever be the President of USA.

ash007
yeah hopefully in the near future there will be a women President i hope its in my lifetime.

Also Margarat Thatcher was a great Primeminster she did great things for our counttry

Linkalicious
a good question would be:

if a black person or a woman were vice president....do you think that the president would get assassinated?

The One Part 2
I don't think that has anything to do with it. A President will be assassinated either by a political enemy or a crazy person. It doesn't have anything to do with who his or her Vice President is.

Linkalicious
so are you saying that a crazy person can't be a supporter of a black or female president enough to kill the current president? I think that having it would have a lot to do with it...

Asami
Lol! No no no!

As a woman, she should have used her power to help women more as this is undenyably still a patriarchy society, women do indeed still get paid less than men. Rahter than having to wait John Major to make that the law, she should have made that law a long time ago.

I don't label every woman a man in a skirt, its not stereotyping. I'm stigmatizing Margrat Thatcher a man in a skirt. She doesn't represent all women!

crickey77
I definitely think a woman will be pres-who do you guys think other than Hil???

eleveninches
Maybe. But you have to remember how many people would be against it. On the other hand, it was not so long ago when there was a woman Prime Minister in the UK.

Mr Parker
Uh Hillary is one psycho evil woman.That would be the worst thing to happen to america is to have hillary become President.There are a lot of books out there about Hillary I suggest you read them.

eleveninches
And what about all of the books about George Bush. He is'nt exactly the sanest president ever.

Fire
make sure this doesnt become a bashing politicians thread guys

BarmyBrummie
We had a woman prime minister and america should have a woman president. Margaret Thatcher was a great prime minister

Linkalicious
That reasoning is pretty terrible. The Germans had Hitler....and so should America!!!!!

I think the best person, male or female, for the job should get it. So far i've seen plenty of women who are intelligent enough to be president, but none of them have shown to be capable leaders.

BarmyBrummie
stick out tongue shut up, im tired. Anyway, hitler wasn't a woman. I am comparing the great women leaders, not nazi maniacs stick out tongue

Linkalicious
i was just playing Barmy, but for the record...that 'nazi maniac' was one of the greatest leaders in the world. His whole country was going through hyperinflation because of WW1, and he brought them out of that. Unfortuneatly, he put them right back there with some of his decisions...

BarmyBrummie
he wanted to kill everyone who didn't have pure blonde hair and blue eyes! nah, he ain't no maniac stick out tongue

Jeff_Atello
I'm not sure if Hillary is a psycho, but then again, I haven't heard much of her politics. And I am under the impression that she was running the country for Bill, and if so, I definitely support her. When you think about it, we haven't had a woman president, but Eleanor Roosevelt was pretty much the same thing. FDR relied on her so much, and she was the inspiration for much of his New Deal legislature. But I believe that there will be a woman president at some point. I sure hope so, because I believe it would be great for this country, and I think a woman could run the country better than a man.

Hitler was a maniac, yes, but he was also one of the greatest political leaders of all time. He may have had some issues, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was a great leader. Anyway, it's out(America's) fault that Hitler even came to power. We shouldn't have forced them to admit all responsibility, we shouldn't have made them pay reparations, and we shouldn't have said that they couldn't have any arms. And on top of all that, we didn't even stay in the country to make sure that they did that.

Linkalicious
Yup! I agree completely.

SK88728
sooner or later there wil be

Mr Parker
By no means do I like Bush as a president either.It was a terrible thing for the country for us to get stuck with him as a president.I'm just saying Mrs Clinton would not be much of an improvement over Bush.I am all for a woman president but Hillary would be a horrible choice.

Jeff_Atello
Tell me why. Was Bill a horrible president? Definitely not, and it's been said that Hillary was working behind the scenes, and was actually running the country.

Mr Parker
Uh Bill Clinton is the most corrupted president there ever was.Its a close race between him and Nixon.Did you know he has had a lot of people who knew about his dirty dealings in arkansas as governor killed off? Yes he hires operatives to kill off people who knew too much about his evil doings.Apparently you have never seen that documented video the Clinton Chronicles.If not,then you need to check it out,its available at your local library.Or read THE SECRET LIFE OF BILL CLINTON great well documented book.

Korri
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1274672

Storm
be careful with the politics guys

BackFire
Eventually I'm sure there will be. Not anytime soon though I don't think.

kalantiaw
imagine if the world's leaders are women. there will be no more war, only the silent treatment.

pres: hey, everyone... iraq wouldn't let our inspectors in, so nobody talk to them for like a year okay?

BackFire
There will be wars, especially when the pres enters PMS

The Force
man when's there gonna be a black president? stick out tongue cool

Martin Luther King Jr. would be an awesome candidate rock

Xena fan
Im keeping my fingers crossed big grin

If there ever is a woman candidate SHE HAS MY VOTE! Im pretty sure a woman predient would be more effecient than any other US president in the last 50 years. It will be a triumh for woman to have a president!

Britain had Margareth Tacher so the U.S. ougtha have woman in command.

smile

HockeyHorror
*no comment*

i dont think the American government is balanced in the first place.

Xena fan
It would be if the senate would allow more women in the senate. there should be more women governators and senators.

JKozzy
Not necessarily. If they're suited for the jobs, then be my guest. It should be whoever does the job best, and if some men do it better than some women, let the better (wo)man take the job. We're not here to discriminate against either sex, we're here to get the job done right, and differences in sex shouldn't factor into anything at all.

Jeff_Atello
Clinton was a great president. So he wanted a blowjob...so what? He's a man, he wanted a little pleasure. do not delve into this man's personal life. I understand that he lied to the country about it, but it was none of their concern to begin with. George H.W. Bush had this country in shambles, and Clinton put it back together, and now George W. Bush is ruining it again. Like father, like son.

Mr Parker
If Hillary Clinton was president,trust me there will be wars.

finti
US will be at war regardless who is Prez

Mr Parker
You seem to be forgetting that Clinton like Nixon,started a war just to get the attention away from his sex scandels. roll eyes (sarcastic) You also ignoreed my last post completely.Please no Hillary for president.

Mr Parker
Thats a pretty much given.Unless we had somebody like Martin Luther King as president,but the military will always make sure somebody like him wont ever get elected.

Jeff_Atello
What war did Clinton start? For 3 years, all anybody talked about was the Clinton sex scandal. Clinton didn't start any war.

I don't believe anything produced by the media about anybody. The media is too damn biased, and you can't take anything they say completely seriously. So what if he did have people killed off. JFK had Marilyn Monroe murdered, and he is still, in my opinion, the greatest president of all time, with FDR a close second.

It's impossible to be a politician without being somewhat corrupted.

finti
Nixon didnt start a war either

Fire
Same here I don't remember which War Clinton started, I think the biggest militairy action he underake (viewing from what I can remember from the media here in belgium) was Firing some Cruise missiles at Al-Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan after Al-Qaeda bombed the US ambassy in Nairobi and Dar-Es-Saalam (SP)

Nixon? didnt he just continue the Vietnam Conflict which Kennedy started?

ash007
guys please keep this cool or this thread will be closed sad

The Force
*cough*

Jeff_Atello
Kennedy didn't start anything. Kennedy wasn't even going to go into Vietnam. Then he was killed, and LBJ decided to go into Vietnam, and we all know what happened then.

finti
They were already involved in Vietnam while Kennedy was Prez, Johnson escelated the US involvement in the allready ongoing conflict

lil bitchiness
Well...yeah sure. It could well happen that woman will be a president, but i agree with finti - US will be at war regardless who is the prsident.

Also, just like men, some women may be suited for a job, and others may not be. Just look at Margaret Thatcher, she was a nasty piece of work.

Mr Parker
Yeah thats right. Kennedy never started Vietnam.He inherited Vietnam.Eisenhower was the one who originally got us involved in Vietnam.Kennedy was indeed trying to pull out if vietnam,thats documented.But once Jfk was murdered by the CIA for trying to do that,LBJ reversed JFK's vietnam war policy and continued on the course where Eisenhower originally started us on.Nixon esculated the war even further tripling the cusualtys by going into Cambodia which we had not been involved in prior to Nixon because like I said,he wanted to take the medias attention away from his watergate scandel he was involved in.Well I can some people here have been asleep at the wheel the last few years and were not aware of the wars that Clinton got us in like the one in Somolia, so I wont be posting on this thread since some people are not aware of the war that Clinton got us in to keep the media focused on that instead of his sex escapades.

finti
Please Mr Parker dont go rambling on with loose conspiracy theorys that holds no ground at all
Somalia was a UN effort not US, and the war Clinton got you into to keep media away from his sex escapades would be what war? Please dont say the Kosovo conflict cause that was a combined NATO effort agreed on by ALL THE MEMBERING countries of NATO.

Clinton is one of the few US presidents that actually was populare over here in Europe

Linkalicious
shame on you Europeans...shame on you!

Just kidding...Clinton was great!

Jeff_Atello
Yes, Clinton was awesome. His sex escapades have nothing to do with his ability as a president, and his ability as a president was great. Like I said, he's a guy, he did nothing wrong.

Lord Soth
Will a woman ever be President? Not if the male-dominated over-religious sexist government has its way.

I say over-religious in this context b/c the bible is incredibly sexist, say that women have a place, and that they should never be in power

yerssot
there were others? laughing out loud

finti
nah just didnt want the yanks to feel bad about their lousy job of picking a leader thats likeable

Xena fan
I think that Hillary would be a suitable female president. UK should get a female Prime minister in the next 20 years. it would be great to see two women in charge of the worlds 2 greatest economical nations. yes

mikeysgothicgur
Someday probably.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.