Immigration in Canada

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
It appears that they are over 20% immigrants in Canada out of 32 million. The only problem is that government is accepting the bad immigrants now. Don't call me racist because i am a son of a immigrant who in ten years went from 20$ to everything he wanted. I have seen in the 80d's and 90ds 99% of all immigrants were people who came here and worked but as the government is now being to lax on it's rules. Now a lot of the criminals are getting in or the people who want to live of welfare, however 85% are regular people. I think our government should reduce immigration and let the immigrants already here expand. There are about 1 million Chinese people with almost 500,000 Punjabi's or 1.4 million of south Asian. I think we should now increase the rules and let the groups already here expand. Most that are born here are much more educated and are more like average Canadians.

KidRock
IF canada legalized marijuana Canada will be a hell hole within 15 years.

manny321
Lol i am not talking about that. LOL when Trudeau said we will be a just society, poeple said canada would be taken over by other people in ten years. LOL its been almost 35 years,

Afro Cheese
Did I miss something.. what does legalizing pot have to do with anything?

Morning_Glory
i want to move to Toronto - its kind of a cool city

manny321
Toronto is a unique city. Half of the city is immigrants but the crime rate is actually still the same since 1990's. City of 3 million with 60 murders.THe polic just have to stop gang warfare and Toronto is easily one of the safest cities in North America. Toronto is a city with over 100 types of people living it. There are over 350,000 punjabis, 300,000 muslims and over 250,000 tamils living in Toronto alone. However i think Immigrants make a lot of more money if they live in smaller cities or in Subarbs.

Afro Cheese
60 murders a year? Wow that is really low. Not that 60 murders is no big deal or anything but thats a hell of a lot safer than any American city that size.

ARC Trooper 117
No you don't. no
They only ever publicize the "good parts" of Toronto-more than half of it is a hell-hole that looks like it was built back in 1937. I live in Toronto. sad

Aku
Ha come visit the UK then. (Not trying to be racist or anything but...) It's the second India.

(I apoligize again to any insult I may have inflicted on anyone of an eastern race.)

But theyre not bad people. Half of my best mates are of different race or ethnic origin.

Afro Cheese
My friend went to visit her relatives in Toronto and she said they went to the 'bad part' of town and it wasn't that bad at all. Or at least not anywhere near as bad as most American ghettos are.

manny321
lol the so called ghetto in toronto would be a regualar neighbourhood in any american city. Jane and Finch is our so called getto.its just a place with a tad bit more crime then ususal. However i seriousily think Toronto has a lower murder rate then the other Canadian cities. Praire cities are seeing a lot more crime then usual. Anyways the shocking thing is that so many different people in laarge numbers can live beside each other without causing so much violence.

I think Detroit is the size of Toronto. How many murders happen there.

WindDancer
I'm not calling you a racist. But what do you classify as a bad immigrant? Immigrants usually are looking for work permits from government to work and earn wages. They don't migrate to join the local crime syndicate or to become thiefs. People portraying immigrants as bad news shouldn't be so darn judgmental.

manny321
WTF only 911,000 people live in detroit and they still have 156 murders??????? That's highest was 80 murders in Toronto in 91 and every one got scared.

Here data for 2003
Sixty-five people have been murdered in Toronto so far this year, compared with 42 in Montreal and 20 in Vancouver. For crying out loud 1.125 million immigrants live in toronto. So why aren't there are like 150 murders then??? ANother odd note, 5.7 million live in Toronto and Area and the total number of murders for 2003 was around 95-100. Whats going on?, why does Toronto and mostly Canadian cities have such lower murder rates.

manny321
I'm not calling you a racist. But what do you classify as a bad immigrant? Immigrants usually are looking for work permits from government to work and earn wages. They don't migrate to join the local crime syndicate or to become thiefs. People portraying immigrants as bad news shouldn't be so darn judgmental.

NO in the past almost all immigrants were people who wanted to earn money, however the government is now not looking at people properly. I agree most immigrants are great for the econmey , however the Governemnt should be careful because one bad act can change public opinion on immigrants. I would hate to see that happen. I am not being judgmental, we should look at people more closely and its quite easy to tell who will work and pay taxes or be a pain in the ass. Only 3-5 % are a pain. That is much lower then the Canadain average. Its like 10-15% are pain in the ass.

Afro Cheese
Detroit has some serious problems.. there used to be like 2 million people there but now it's practically a ghost town. Cities like New York and LA have up around 500 murders a year, so yes Toronto has a very low murder rate. My city is pretty small by itself, only around 80,000 people, and has around 26 murders a year. Almost half of Toronto's, a city of 3 million. That's just amazing to me.

Honestly I have no clue why it is that way. Can't really say poverty.. they have poverty in Canada. Can't say drugs... they have drugs in Canada. If you haven't already watched Bowling for Columbine maybe you should, Moore touches this subject in that film. Most of it is about why America has such a problem with gun crimes though.

manny321
lol bowling for columbine was really funny in that scene where he went to Toronto. He asked Americans why you think there are less murders in Canada "people say they have no guns or everyone's white up there." Hell no!!!! People have guns and no there are alot of different kinds of people here. I think the reason may be that the different groups are able to to tolerate each other up here. I think the main problem may be is that if you create ghetto's people would more resort to violence. So if we can stop those it will keep crime down. Its working as crime rate has been almost unchanged for almost 30 years.

Holy crap!!! That a lot. That's more murders then VANCOUVER!!! Question which town is it plus what is the make up of your town. Our city of Brampton only had 4 murders and it has about 350,000 people plus its a very multicultural city. 4 murders and our city was devastated. However it is a city which is mostly new homes and most are pretty well of people. More shocking our region (county) has a million plus people and had only 17 murders also note this region is full of old houses and new houses everywhere and is one the fastest growing communties. I hope Toronto stays safe.

Afro Cheese
I live city that's semi-famous even though it's small. West palm beach, Fl. It's notorious for being a resort for seniors and also for screwing up the 2000 election. The make up? Well there is an extremely rich section, I'm talking million dollar homes, and then on the north side of town there is a huge poor black neighborhood, and on the south west side of town theres a big hispanic neighborhood. Most middle class families live outside the city rather than in it. Even though there's only 80,000 people in the city theres like 1 million in the county.

manny321
oh i see

finti
thought all canadians except the American natives were immigrants, so what is all this aboot

A4E
lol but piligrims did mix they're race with natives

KharmaDog
Without immigration nobody but the first nations would be here. Although I wish Canada would make some better choices about their immigration policies, I'm not going to blame immigrants for the country's problems. That's a slippery slope best left avoided.

I live outside of Toronto, and to those who live there and think it's a complete hole, I reccomend thast you travel around the world abit and see how clean and safe of a city it actually is.

manny321
there are alot of good immigrant familes where i live.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.