An example of EU gone bad..............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
So tonight Im sitting here reading ROTJ. And Im at the part where Luke is talking to Obi-Wan right after Yoda died. Now get the part in red which will definitely be wrong when Revenge of the Sith comes out.

To set this up, this is right after Ben says "Your insight serves you well. Bury your feelings deep down Luke, They do you credit but they could be made to serve the Emperor."

Now here comes the hinky part messed

Ben continued his narrative, "When your father left, he didnt know your mother was pregnant. Your mother and I knew he would find out eventually, but we wanted to keep you both as safe as possible, for as long as possible. So I took you to live with my brother Owen, on Tatooine...and your mother took Leia to live as the daughter of Senator Organa, on Alderaan."

Now Im like blink wtf is this??? and hysterical at Owen & Obi-Wan being brothers!

More evidence that the EU needs to be taken with a BLOCK of salt. laughing out loud

yerssot
yes, that's already established that that part is wrong.

That's why the novels are semi-canon: they are canon besides the parts that contradict the movie

Ushgarak
The novels are not EU, JP, so that is just an example of novels going bad, not the EU.

But yes- not the only contradiction that exists.

PVS
correct. im sure at one point GL planned on making this canon.
its in the original script i believe

Jedi Priestess
WHOA?! Really??? I didn't know that! I thought literally everything that wasn't the movies was EU? confused

Ushgarak
Nope! It's all in the canon thread.

EU is a specific line of works, in which the novels are not included.

Bardock42
They are a little bit though aren'T they, like the kids of Han and Leia.

Anyway JP why do you hate the EU so much? Its at times better than the movies.

Arsenal
I agree. I think George Lucas should work with the writers of the books before making a movie because they always make longer battles.

Ushgarak
Sorry? No such kids in the novels. Don't confuse the EU books with the film novelisations.

Bardock42
Oh I get it now, sorry Ush.

Jedi Priestess
Not a chance pal.

ARC Trooper 117
Owen being Ben's brother was in the script for a LONGO time, and was taken out at the last minute, when Sir Alec Guiness came up to do his lines-unfortunately, Khan had already put the Obi-Wan+Owen paternal link in.
Cf. SW: Insider #67, p. 24: "#4: Owen Kenobi? Following Yoda's death in the shooting script, Obi-Wan has a much longer conversation with Luke in which he explains that he entrusted his brother Owen with raising Luke as an adopted "nephew." The dialogue remained in the novelization, and the Obi-Wan/Owen fraternal link was part of official Star Wars lore for years. Episode II established that Owen was, in fact, Anakin Skywalker's stepbrother."
big grin

yerssot
that's what I already said in my post no expression

Jedi Priestess
I know you said it......I said I didnt believe ya! stick out tongue no really Im just saying that I wasnt aware of that. Dont get your underwear in a bunch.

yerssot
who says I'm wearing any? shifty

JKozzy
Oh my.

Jedi Priestess
eek! Yerssi goin commando????

yerssot
for you baby, I'll even go secret agent wink

Bardock42
What do you know aboot the EU?

Jedi Priestess
Bardock, word of warning, it's not wise to yank my chain. evil face

yerssot
that depends on your point of view wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.