Auidoslave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robincooper
I ehar these guys are in the proses of making a new album smile but haven't hered anything in a while, any1 got any info or anything on this? Cheers big grin Happy Dance

Korri
love them alot. Like a Stone is an amazing song.

Deathblow
I hope this ones good, I really do. It's beyond me how such an amazingly talented group of people have made such generic music in the past.

Korri
yeah me too sorry i got too excited and didnt read your post embarrasment

robincooper
lol yeah audioslave are the dank, h8ted themw ehn they came out of course coz loved rage and h8ted soundgarden... But come on Show me how to live - pure anthem - like a stone - helped me thru sum times.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think anything about Audioslave is "generic". When you consider how they came from two drastically different bands with two drastically different approaches, I think they gelled extremely well on the debut, although not completely.

The new album should be awesome. Can't wait.

-AC

Deathblow
To me they just sound like a toothless version of RATM mushed up into an easy to swallow form. Plus they all seem to be a little up their own asses half the time, and there's not enough innovation or complexity. And with the kind of line-up Audioslave have, there's no excuse for that.

I could go on, but the NME review pretty much sums up what I think of them http://www.nme.com/reviews/11072.htm

Still, I have high hopes for the new album. Anything which includes Chris Cornell and Tom Morello is worth looking forward to.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but NME think that The Bravery are good. So I've written off anything they say. Especially since they blatantly posted a misinterpretation of something PJ Harvey said on stage and re-arranged it to make it seem like she said she was retiring.

I think when you're a band, as you said, with a line-up like Audioslave. You can't help but be a little conceded. I think they just needed to gel, although I still love the album. I don't think it resembled Rage at all. Other than the guitar effects, the guitar was vastly different and so was the bass used.

-AC

Bierbommetje
Yeah, Audioslave are a good band, the album's got some great songs on it. The songs just sound a bit samey most of the time, the riffs sometimes sounding like altered versions of one another, and its a bit too long imo.

Alpha Centauri
"and its a bit too long imo."

I don't like short albums. Unless it's by a "songs" band, like Green Day. I can overlook their albums being short.

Audioslave make longer albums coz it's more of a journey, like most albums by great bands.

-AC

Silver Stardust
I like Audioslave a lot...I can't wait to hear their new album. Should definitely be good.

Aku
DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2003 HEADLINERS

F**king brilliant. One of the best live acts i've ever seen!

Deathblow
I wouldn't know, I don't follow NME, I just found that review randomly.

There were times when the riffs themselves sounded like bloated Rage. I'll admit, I probably haven't listened to them enough to pass judgment, but I really do find them dull.

DaRk Lotus
When are they coming out a new one?

Victor Von Doom
The day I find any of my musical opinions converging with those of the NME, I shall give up listening to music.

ElectricBugaloo
I thought their first album was nothing special, but live they are very good. They know how to entertain.

Deathblow
And the day I say something as pig-headed as that I'll shoot myself.

Alpha Centauri
"And the day I say something as pig-headed as that I'll shoot myself."

Do you actually read NME, Def?

They say things much worse than that. I agree with Victor.

The day I see myself agreeing with those pseudo-indie loving, Oasis boot polishing morons, is the day I wash my hands of music.

-AC

Deathblow
Nope. Aside from that page I posted up there, I'd never read any NME before in my life.

And I still agree with that article, so I guess that means I should go burn my record collection now huh.

Moosooman
yup anyone know when abouts?

Alpha Centauri
"And I still agree with that article, so I guess that means I should go burn my record collection now huh."

If you want to.

The fact that I think their musical opinion is complete and utter falsified tripe most of the time, is the reason I would be ashamed in agreeing with them.

You have free will, if you agree with them, so be it.

-AC

Darth Revan
The fact that the majority of what a particular site or publication contains is not reason to disagree with absolutely everything they say just because you don't like most of it. Spin is a load of crap and 90% of the time I disagree with what they say, but that doesn't mean I won't occasionally agree with something in it. Honestly if you automatically disagree with everything some site or magazine says just because you don't like most of it, you're being a moron.

That being said, I do like Audioslave. wink

SlipknoT
I dont Like Audioslave at all.

Alpha Centauri
"Honestly if you automatically disagree with everything some site or magazine says just because you don't like most of it, you're being a moron."

Based off the fact that they openly post lies in their publication, blatant, rumour mongering lies, is enough reason for me not to like them.

If they like an album I like, of course. I'm not gonna dislike an album I love coz they like it. However on opinions ABOUT music and such, I don't ever see myself agreeing with them.

-AC

Darth Revan
I never said you couldn't dislike it because of what they write, what I meant was that it sounds like you and whoever originally made that point disagree with everything they write automatically. (ie, "if I ever find myself agreeing with NME..."wink In other words there's nothing wrong with disliking a publication in general, it's just that you sounded like you were saying you disagreed with everything in it, which is quite impossible.

Alpha Centauri
Well everything in it so far that I have happened to read, I disagree with.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Would be a drastic step.

I despise the NME, why is that a problem for someone else?

GABRIEL05
Ya know I liked them better when they were just the rhythm section

Victor Von Doom
It was an exaggeration, Jesus. Has everyone had an infusion of literalness or something.

Alpha Centauri
Seems that way, across the board.

-AC

Sex_kitten
Mmmm...Chris Cornell... love love

A4E
like 'em better now schmoll

SnakeEyes
Ignoring everything that's been said, I'm bumping this thread because in my opinion, Audioslave is an awesome band.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
'Shadow Of The Sun' is a tune and a half. Chris Cornell's voice sounds like it is projecting past the horizon...

I love this verse:

"Shapes of every size
Move behind my eyes
Doors inside my head
Bolted from within
Every drop of flame
Lights a candle in
Memory of the one
Who lived inside my skin"

...It makes you want to drive really fast to the top of a mountain, then start flying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.