Witch was better Alien or predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Napalm
Ive been thinking about this for a long time so witch do you think was a better movie

ragesRemorse
Alien had a better atmosphere and story.

WindDancer
For me both films had a great storylines and both characters are very original. Now if you're referring to AVP....nothing was good in that lame film.

MildPossession
I love both films, but Alien to me is the better film.

Dr. Strangelove
Alien

OB1-adobe
I like Alien more. Though Predator, I think, was denied. They could have done a lot more than what they did. Could have exploered it a lot more. Made more movies. Intead they made 2, which are more or less carbon copies of each other.

Mane
Alien was a better all around movie, but I like Predators more.

Mr Parker
Though Alien was a good movie it relied too much on cheap scares and the looks of the monster to frighten the audience so I got to go with Predator.

eggmayo
Predator f***ing kicks ass.

MildPossession
"Though Alien was a good movie it relied too much on cheap scares and the looks of the monster to frighten the audience"

No it didn't, they hardly let you see the creature in the first film.

Tex
They're both great classic sci/fi masterpieces!
But I'd have to say Alien. love

Cinemaddiction
The alien in "Alien" was rarely seen in the original. Furthurmore, the movie was sold on tension, fear of the unknown, and crew members being picked off one by one, leading into a series of horrific cases of isolation/abandonment. You may want to watch it again sometime.

Personally, I don't feel as if they can be compared, seeing as how they are two totally different movies. I felt as if "Predator" was a fun movie, where as "Alien" was a well put together, intelligent space horror.

eggmayo
Predator isnt a horror IMO... has Arnie in.

Dazzler619
Hard to choose b/c both Alien and Predator are scary films

Myth
1. Aliens
2. Alien
3. Predator
4. Alien Resurrection
5. Alien 3
6. Predator 2
7. Alien vs Predator

Jennifer_Tilly
I like both movies but I like Predator better.

SlipknoT
Alien for me.

ragesRemorse
See, this is why Alien is such a classic, because it did just the opposite of relying on cheap scares and monster effects. Though it had both, the story went deep, as did the suspense. The atmosphere of the film was more or less the monster of the film, the alien environments and the closed quarters left you feeling paranoid and enclosed. Aliens did a great job on elaborating on the atmosphere and the creature effects, but took a totally different direction in the execution of the story. aliens went from being a sci-fi horror flick to a sci-fi action flick that had horror tendencies.

Predator did a good job with anticipation and suspense, though i love both films nearly equally in a fanatic manner. I have to say that Predator is less engaged. Bottom line is that both of these movies are essentially the same movie. they bot have the exact same premise. It is just in Predator you dont have the enclosed atmosphere, but not being able to see the enemy does give you a sense of claustrophobia. They really are the same film. One is set in the jungle and one is set in a space ship. Alien just delved abit deeper into the story and techniques of how it was presented.

SaTsuJiN
1st Alien pwnz...I mean the atmosphere was killer.. they hardly showed you much outside the nostromo, but it was sortof mystifying.. like that deceased lifeform that was piloting the ship before the chest burster killed it. Made me wonder about how that creature came to be the host
(heres the H.R. Giger drawing of it)
http://barrett.hp.infoseek.co.jp/YAPOO/yapoo/etc/pilot.jpg

(heres the movie version)
http://www.thecinematicverses.com/Pictures/spacejockey.jpg

The musical score also gave you that empty echoing feeling of being alone in the darkness with something carefully watching you... I've undoubtedly watched Alien more than I've probably watched any movie lol..

I liked the predator character too.. I liked that they gave you a glimpse of the spacecraft and the possibility that they've either time traveled or have been around for ages (the 16 or 1800's gun that he threw at danny glover at the end)

MildPossession
H.R Giger is fantastic, love his work.

BREN
predator is a quality movie i prefer it to alien but in all honesty ALIENS kicks the crap outta both of em smile

Jason420
^ agree yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.