R & B and HIP HOP!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iluvpippin
the best music! whats ur fav bands that are r&b and hip hop?
i lurve destiny's child, 2pac mainly! i luv more but i luv lotsa theeir songs! and i cant memba aythin else!

total metalhead
i hate r&b.

some hip hop i like, mostly Mobb Deep, Xzibit, X-Ecutioners and Mos Def.

HockeyHorror
there is no best music...

and underground hip hop i like big grin

not R&B sad

Darth Revan
R&B is, as I like to put it, pure unadulturated crap. Where it got its name, I don't know. It is NOT blues.

I like some hip hop... As long as it's not that mainstream "hip-hop" yes

VallejoKid707
Kayne West!

iluvpippin
yeah i dunno where rythm and blues came from, but i dont see why yous dont like it! especially if you like hip hop! have you heard destiny's child, kelly rowland, beyonce, city high, alicia keys!?! youre saying all of that you hate??? kelis? (i only like .... actually i love it, her new song trick me!

madsci
modern r&b has sucked since the early eighties. the only modern r&b that is listenable is alicia keys because she has a great voice and can actually play an instrument, two things that are lacking in today's music. not to mention, she's not too hard on the eyes either.

underground and just beneath surface hip hop, as opposed to mtv/radio rap, is my favorite.

madsci
hip hop purist

iluvpippin
yeah i like alicia keys! smile

iluvpippin
doesnt any1 like r&b and hip hop?? before i came on here i was yet to meet someone who didnt like at least one of them!!!!...wait...yeah!

cookies2006
I love r&b its my favorite type of muzic..i dont agree with ppl onhere at all. im only 16 so maybe it makes alil difference. yea hihop is tyte too.my favs are kanye west, twista,2pac 4 hip hop. rnb would b joe, marques houston, jagged edge, ruben studdard,and alot of others i cant even think of.

iluvpippin
2pac...drooool!

El_Barto
I used to like Eminem ...... I kinda still do ..... but I dont listen to him any more.

El_Barto
Oh yeah, I can't forget VANILLA ICE!

Yo V.I.P

laughing out loud laughing out loud

ElectricBugaloo
modern R&B sucks. it's sucked since Motown stopped being popular.

and modern mainstream rap sucks.

punkkaveman
I LOVE rap. Most of aftermath, DMX, Nas, Most of ROC, ect

HockeyHorror
Aftermath= wack
DMX= wack (had one good song i think)
Nas= after Illmatic he fell. Stillmatic was alright
RoC= wack...but Kanye West has some good production. M.O.P is pretty good.

Darth Revan
The reasons I dislike modern R&B and mainstream rap/hip hop are as follows:

1. Many of these artists are not talented at all. I will admit that a lot of R&B artists can sing, and a handfull of them play instruments. But they can't write lyrics worth crap, as explained in #2.
2. Gangster rap is rather ridiculous. What's so cool about going around shooting people, and driving around in your pimped out SUV, and f*ckin' your ho's? I don't get it, nor do I understand why they play this stuff on the radio and TV and this is ok but bands like Marilyn Manson and (sometimes) Korn are not because they swear too much and are "demonic". (ok, I admit, I can understand why they don't play Marilyn Manson videos on TV... But really, if they don't play his stuff, they shouldn't play gangster rap, now should they? The only difference is that his music is rock and he looks scarier.)
3. R&B lyrics are mostly the same. R&B videos are mostly the same. There are many R&B videos that I honestly could not tell apart if you showed them to me on separate occasions.
4. Getting shot is not fun, nor is it cool. Trust me on that.
5. As I mentioned before, R&B has done an excellent job of tainting the good name of blues. I love blues, I believe it is (or was once) one of the "purest" genres out there. Plus, blues is what rock evolved from. wink

SeptemberRain
the only hip-hop or R&B artist i like is Kanye West

iluvpippin
i dont really like dmx...i like good girls, bad guys an thats bout all! but i fugured, eminem sota sings pop hip hop...like the tunes are...poppy...which is manly why little kids like him!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.