TV British v. American. . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

*Danii*
British television rules, I mean, Little Britain, Fawlty Towers, Never Mind the Buzzcocks. . .

Martial_artist
British comedy allll the way dude! Not all this 'Friends' foolishness, ugh!

Only Fools & Horses, Steptoe, Fawlty Towers, Thin Blue Line, Mr. Bean, all that, it's good tv

Hey, I'm the first person to post, weeee!

Alpha Centauri
"I'm Alan Partridge" and "The Office" over any American Comedy besides "Family Guy".

-AC

BackFire
South Park owns all.

eggmayo
british

Bardock42
OK Comedy wise I like :
American:
Southa Park
Simpsons
Futurama
South Park
some more.

British
Smack the Pony
Coupling
The league of Gentlemen
Black Adder
I don'T know the nes stuff though embarrasment

British humour is funnier though. Action Tv, well, America all the way.

LordKerrigor
all im gonna say about british tv is "rainbow"

dean7879
i created a thread on the tv forum

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=291549&highlight=british

american tv i like the simpsons, tom green show, jackass, south park

british tv i like: the office, men behaving badly, phoenix nights, only fools and horses, the royal family, red dwarf, dirt sanchez

The Tired Hiker
Those British accents get sooooooooo annoying after a while. stick out tongue

dean7879
which british accents?
there are loads lol
us brits have to put up with american accents all the time...think how we feel
lol

Bardock42
Aren't you irish or something? What the f**k?

The Tired Hiker
which american accents?
there are loads as well lol
stick out tongue

The Tired Hiker
Benny Hill was the best though. It was the only show on tv that showed boobs when I was a kid!

dean7879
yeah..what gave it away? the england flag?

The Tired Hiker
I'm part Irish. eek!

dean7879
lol

the list of britsh accents
Brummie accent, (my accent smile (birmingham) - ozzy!
Geordie accent, (newcastle)
scouser accent, (liverpool
somerset accent,
norfolk accent
cockney accent(london)

The Tired Hiker
The list of American accents:

Southwest Twang - the John Wayne Accent
New York - Travolta in 'Saturday Night Fever'
California - Dude
Latino Accent - Wusssup, essay???
Ebonics - embarrasment
Boonville - Old White Trash accent from Nor Cal.
New Jersey - Toxic Avenger.
San Francisco - Hey big boy.

dean7879
ive got the worst accent of them all....brummie
sad

The Tired Hiker
Nah, I've heard worse. Go to Texas. wink

dean7879
im gonna come to america one day...dunno where to go though
new york is probably where i would go

SlipknoT
British TV has nothing on American Tv.

dean7879
how many british shows u saw?? i see lots of american tv...its not all that great..mostly trash
i bet i could name 10 terrific british tv programmes and i bet u aint saw none of em

Alpha Centauri
"British TV has nothing on American Tv."

Your location says New Jersey, if this is true then you can't really judge British TV.

It's much harder for you to judge our TV than it is the other way. Purely because of the fact that British TV is largely (always has been) American imports. When I was a kid I was raised on M.A.S.K, Transformers, Marvel etc. American movies and TV shows. American TV is a big part of our lives growing up, it's a huge influence. So we have a possibly better knowledge of American TV than of our own.

You on the other hand, most likely were not raised watching English movies, Faulty Towers, Only Fools and Horses or a myriad of other British shows. I have a better understanding of British TV than you to, British humour also. So it's fair to say I have a near equal view of American TV to you plus a higher knowledge of British. You on the other hand, may have a higher knowledge of US TV, but your knowledge of British TV won't match mine or someone elses from Britain, most likely.

My point: You aren't in a position to say British TV cannot touch American.

-AC

dean7879
exactly
i could say ..have u saw only fools and horses...or little britain etc
the answer would be no...he's probably never saw a british show in his life

Alpha Centauri
"he's probably never saw a british show in his life"

Bit of a big assumption.

Shouldn't assume things like that.

-AC

dean7879
i know that he has saw british shows...i was under exaggerating
i just meant that unless u see programmes like only fools and horses, phoenix nights, harry enfield, the royal family, men behaving badly, steptoe and son, which is unlikely i think....then u cant come on the thread and say british tv has nothin on american tv smile

Morning_Glory
I have cable but i dont get british tv cry

SlipknoT
I've seen Little Britan, Men Behaving Badly, Mr. Bean, And a tons of stuff on BBC, most of it I dont really like. Mr. Bean is kinda funny though.

dean7879
men behaving badly comes on bbc america? cool
i dont like mr bean either
u should watch only fools and horses and phoenix nights...great stuff

Alpha Centauri
You probably won't like "Only Fools and Horses" unless you are from London and have an appreciation of the shit that surrounds the place. Which I don't and therefore think it's tripe.

Check out "I'm Alan Partridge".

-AC

dean7879
woo woo woo alpha!
ofah is the offical no 1 brit sitcom eva mad

Alpha Centauri
To you.

"I'm Alan Partridge" is much more intelligent British comedy. As is "The Office."

O.F.A.H is just Delboy Trotter strolling around getting himself into funny situations like a modern day Laurel and Hardy. Something I think has been dead since then.

-AC

Libertine
Dont forget a mackem accent... thats what ive got its like a geordies but not as strong and more clear.

dean7879
ofah rules!
alan partridge is great too...but not as good as the office
i can watch the office all day
do you watch phoenix nights?

Libertine
Er excuse me, i come from Sunderland, in the North east, no where near London and i love Only fools and horses. Its one of my fave sitcoms ever. ANd the rason that its a sitcom about Del boy screwing up is because its called a 'Classic' sitcom, which means they have rules. Rules such as, men always fail, women are the most bossy, and the men are like children.

Libertine
And you also say he always gets himself into funny situations, well DUH! Its called a situation comedy, hense the phrase SITCOM!

Alpha Centauri
"alan partridge is great too...but not as good as the office"

In intelligent humour, "The Office" rules.

"Its one of my fave sitcoms ever. ANd the rason that its a sitcom about Del boy screwing up is because its called a 'Classic' sitcom, which means they have rules. Rules such as, men always fail, women are the most bossy, and the men are like children."

My point exactly. I think all that is rather shit.

"And you also say he always gets himself into funny situations, well DUH! Its called a situation comedy, hense the phrase SITCOM!"

In terms of a shady salesman type situations. I am aware of the meaning thanks.

-AC

dean7879
ofah is the best

Martial_artist
You can't get any better than Only Fools & Horses and Little Britain - OFAH & LB ALL THE WAY!!!! rolling on floor laughing

The only American comedy I like is... umm.... umm... ummm.... err, just wait, let me think! Don't know really... Simpsons is not bad but not that good either and I hardly ever watch that, can't remember the last time I watched it and that was only because nothing better was on tv...

Exactly, I don't like the American accent, well, not how George Bush talks and some others too but I don't know what any American accents sound like

Hey, I love our accent... nobody knows where I live, you'll probably never heard of it... sad

smoker4
You forgot manchester accent (mine) Oasis

Alpha Centauri
O.F.A.H aint the best, you schmoes.

-AC

*Danii*
I personally dont like Only Fools and Horses. . . My humoursmore like Little Britian, Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Have I got News for You. Alistair McGowans Big Impression as well!

HOWEVER I do like a lot of USA tv too. . . anything from America's Finest on Five (CSI, CSI:Miami, Law and Order etc.) rules, and Friends is without a doubt the funniest sitcom I've ever seen.

Libertine
Northner accents are so cool.

Df02
2 Pints of lager and a packet of crisps
Coupling
Blackadder I, II, III
Im Alan Partridge
The Office
Fawlty Towers
Monty Python's flying circus
Little Britain

personally i think Only Fools and Horses is awful, boring and not in the least bit funny.
but that being said, theyre all top quality programs...only American programs ive seen even come close are Family Guy and Futurama.
British humour is either overtly stupid or very subtle...cos 1line catchphrases and most American humour is soo force-fed its boring

dean7879
its official...live with it
stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
"personally i think Only Fools and Horses is awful, boring and not in the least bit funny."

Wheeeeeeeey.

-AC

Df02
nothing's official until i agree with it cool

dean7879
its definetly official son
no 1 sitcom of all time big grin

Df02
not imo, not by a looong shot

Alpha Centauri
Yep.

Considering the fact that The Simpsons is a sitcom.

If it comes down to Delboy and Rodney Vs Homer and Bart then there's only one winner...s...

-AC

dean7879
rodney and del would win cos they are real....not cartoon characters
the simpsons is a cartoon

dean7879
http://www.sitcom-guide.co.uk/bbc2_show.shtml
well deserved indeed

ofah is pure comedy gold

Alpha Centauri
"rodney and del would win cos they are real....not cartoon characters
the simpsons is a cartoon"

Animation doesn't equate to being a cartoon.

Tom and Jerry is a cartoon. The satire, humour and comedy in The Simpsons is more intelligent and funnier than anything in O.F.A.H, ever.

So are the characters. The Simpsons is recognised by critics and fans alike, as an established sitcom.

Oh and seeing as you're posting awards and poll winnings, Homer Simpson has been labelled the greatest TV character of all time by multiple papers. Guardian, Daily Mail and The Mirror I believe. Infact, in the Daily Mail Dellboy was 2nd, to Homer.

-AC

dean7879
the simpsons can be more funnier because it is animated
how can you expect a normal non animated sitcom to be as brilliant and whacky as the simpsons?
i love the simpsons too ya know, its brilliant.....but its unfair to compare the two programs...they are two different types of comedy
and both are superb

Alpha Centauri
"the simpsons can be more funnier because it is animated
how can you expect a normal non animated sitcom to be as brilliant and whacky as the simpsons?"

The fact that it's animated has no connection to the humour used. The political, social and cultural humour and jokes contained in The Simpsons would be funny regardless of who is saying them. They work on multiple levels. O.F.A.H couldn't ever do that because none of the characters have the capacity or ability.

"i love the simpsons too ya know, its brilliant.....but its unfair to compare the two programs...they are two different types of comedy
and both are superb"

I don't think O.F.A.H is superb. I think it's shit, but regardless of that. The two are comparable and have been compared many times. The Simpsons have always taken it and will do so against almost any sitcom they are placed against. If The Simpsons don't, Family Guy will.

-AC

Deathblow
Well ever since I moved over here, the only British shows that have got my attention are/were Ali G, The Office and Nevermind The Buzzcocks.

Shows like The Sopranos, Oz, Without A Trace, Scrubs, The Simpsons, Futurama and South Park are where it's really at.

American for me happy

dean7879
ofah is superb
it doesnt get official no 1 british sitcom of all time for nothin
the simpsons is superb too. i know this. so why bring the simpsons into the argument in the first place?
theres no point in comparing two great shows....i love em both
if u say the simpsons is better..then fair enough..im not gonna argue with that cos it probably is better....but try and understand why i love ofah... and try and figure out why it is no 1 brit sitcom

Korri
i dont watch TV anymore cry

Alpha Centauri
"ofah is superb
it doesnt get official no 1 british sitcom of all time for nothin"

Britney Spears was "officially" world's sexiest woman. Just because she won it, doesn't make it true nor does it mean I have to agree with it. It just means that out of everyone who voted, more of them voted for her. In this case, more of them voted for O.F.A.H. If everyone in Britain had voted I doubt it would have won.

"try and understand why i love ofah... and try and figure out why it is no 1 brit sitcom"

I understand why but it isn't the number one British Sitcom to me. To you, maybe. To me it isn't. To me it isn't even in the top 5.

-AC

Canadian Moose
What is OFAH? And what do you like?

dean7879
whats in your top 5

dean7879
yeah but how many women are in the world?
comparing women with sitcoms is pointless

Punk Tiger
They are real, it's realistic and it's their daily life of thing flogging toaster and what have ya... lol, it's great and it makes me laugh laugh laugh!

Why not? Been banned?

Del and Rodney because they rock! It's because they are real and very funny - but I said that already

I agree big grin

dean7879
thumb up thumb up finally someone with sense smile

Punk Tiger
Oh, I forgot, I was also going to say that if whole of Britain voted and all America voted it wouldn't be fair because Britain is small, I'm quite proud of this point I've made but don't you agree?

dean7879
why do u think that?

Alpha Centauri
"Del and Rodney because they rock! It's because they are real and very funny - but I said that already"

Funny how the ones that are really aren't anywhere as funny as the one's that aren't. Not down to being real or not, but down to ability to be funny. The Simpsons are funnier in the humour they use, not because of the fact that they are animated.

"Oh, I forgot, I was also going to say that if whole of Britain voted and all America voted it wouldn't be fair because Britain is small, I'm quite proud of this point I've made but don't you agree?"

Who said it would be fair? I said if all of Britain voted in that poll I doubt O.F.A.H would have won.

"eah but how many women are in the world?
comparing women with sitcoms is pointless"

I was making a point about how "officiality" isn't everything. She was "officially", just like to you O.F.A.H is "officially" the best.

-AC

dean7879
good point

dean7879
i think it would still have won...i know loads of people who love ofah..and didnt vote....nothin in britian is better than ofah...and certainly not alan partridge!

Punk Tiger
Thanks Dean happy

Alpha Centauri
"nothin in britian is better than ofah...and certainly not alan partridge!"

It has more intelligent and multi-level humour than O.F.A.H, which had 1 dimensional humour.

Nothing in Britain is better than O.F.A.H? If you ARE being serious, you need to get real.

No wonder the country is in such a state if people are gonna start placing mediocre TV shows at the peak of Britain's achievements.

-AC

Punk Tiger
shuriken homer

Punk Tiger
No... rifle homer ----> me clap

dean7879
so alan partridge deserves to be above ofah?!
thats bullshit...alan partridge was 42 in the list of 100 top brit sit coms..
and ofah came top....doesnt that tell you something?
what a 42 carot plonker you really are alpha!

The show is chock full of family values, practical morality and workaday virtues. Family and friends, loyalty and decency, curry and chips. It handles the heavy stuff - thwarted dreams, miscarriage and even death. But can still turn this unpromising material into comedy gold sometimes in a single sentence".
how can u like alan partiedge over the trotters? its an insult to think that
jeez

Alpha Centauri
"so alan partridge deserves to be above ofah?!
thats bullshit...alan partridge was 42 in the list of 100 top brit sit coms..
and ofah came top....doesnt that tell you something?"

Yeah. It tells me that in that poll the people who voted like those shows more than "I'm Alan Partridge". What? That doesn't mean anything. They liked other shows more, it doesn't mean that I.A.P isn't more intelligent than O.F.A.H, because it is.

People always love what doesn't take effort to get into. Hence why The Office wasn't like at first by many.

"The show is chock full of family values, practical morality and workaday virtues. Family and friends, loyalty and decency, curry and chips. It handles the heavy stuff - thwarted dreams, miscarriage and even death."

Eastenders deals with all that, doesn't erase the fact that it's a shit show. Situational Comedies should deal with situations that are UNCOMMON. Why do I wanna sit down and watch something that I can go and see outside everyday?

"how can u like alan partiedge over the trotters? its an insult to think that"

Because he's better and funnier. Simple. That's how I can like him.

-AC

dean7879
well maybe u should of voted for alan partridge...and maybe it could of got to 41 smile

eggmayo
Lol, i dont either, its all shite, and the movies are cut and full of adverts

Alpha Centauri
"well maybe u should of voted for alan partridge...and maybe it could of got to 41 "

I don't need a random placing in a poll result set to know that I like the show.

Regardless of if it came first, last or anywhere in between, I'd think the same.

-AC

dean7879
i respect your opinion...but ofah is not crap
i dont like alan partridge...but im not gonna say its crap...its just not my cup of tea........

Punk Tiger
RIGHT! LET'S STOP! TO SHUT YOU ALL UP SHALL I CREATE A POLL TO SEE IF EITHER OFAH OR THAT OTHER ONE IS BETTER OR NOT... I never watched Alan Partridge

Punk Tiger
Curry and chips is right and yeah, "what a 4..." wait, isn't it "what a 24 carrot plonker you really are"?

dean7879
im sure he says 42 carot...lol

Punk Tiger
Oh, okay, I thought it was 24... nevermind...

dean7879
its probably both

Filth
british tv kicks ass

Libertine
Im so sick of the only fools and horses talk. There are other sitcoms to talk about aswell. Oh and by the way the only reason that the Americans keep coming back with the simpsons and other Matt groening related shows is because thats they only good comedy they have. And Matt groening said himself that he always likes to add Brittish humour to the simpsons cos its the most funniest humour.

Punk Tiger
*yawn yawn*.... so what's ya point...?

OFAH is the best!

And yeah, I think it's both but he says 9 carrot too, that's what I heard

*Danii*
Ok , so maybe you guys should just agree to disagree. . . ? wink

Punk Tiger
I will not agree to disagree! I don't side with someone if I don't want to, I stick to what I believe and that's that

Aku
Spaced And Black Books are the best comedy sitcoms ever made easily. British TV will rule all. British films are better aswell.

Alpha Centauri
"Oh and by the way the only reason that the Americans keep coming back with the simpsons and other Matt groening related shows is because thats they only good comedy they have."

The fact that the only American comedies I love are Family Guy and The Simpsons, doesn't change the fact that those two are better than most, if not all British comedies. IN TERMS of levels of humour, no comedy from England besides The Office works on such vast levels of humour. I.A.P does but not on The Office levels. Honourable mention to Rock Profile and Little Britain.

-AC

dean7879
i love the office
ricky gervais is on channel 4 tonight doing his stand up show ''animals''

Punk Tiger
British films are better, not stuff like American Pie or whatever

Libertine
Yeah i watched that. ****ing hilarious.

dark1365
I hate stand up comedy with a passion.

Libertine
I love it.

badboy2004
i think british

Libertine
me too.

badboy2004
great

Libertine
Little Britain is totally the best.

badboy2004
yeah it is

Libertine
and the young ones.

badboy2004
they're cool

Libertine
very

badboy2004
they're the best

Punk Tiger
i used to watch the young ones but it don't show anymore... sad

hey, spyro happy

and little britain rules but ofah better

dean7879
much better

Punk Tiger
happy

Alpha Centauri
Haha O.F.A.H better than Little Britain.

Exasperated Sigh...

-AC

sexy*fairy
i wish i knew what British t.v was like, but i don't, sorry

dean7879
little britain is just a sketch show that repeats itself constantly
how many times can u laugh at the lou and andy scenes....he wants somethin and then changes his mind...this happens repeatedly and becomes repetitive...most the sketches are like that..they do the same joke over and over again ....i like little britain but to say that its better than ofah is stupid...real stupid...people who say this obviously havent got a clue
half the sketches in little britain are borin
only fools and horse = offical number one sitcom
why compare a sketch show with a sitcom like ofah anway?

dean7879
thats your loss

Alpha Centauri
"only fools and horse = offical number one sitcom
why compare a sketch show with a sitcom like ofah anway?"

A) It's not official if not everyone agrees with it. I don't. Bush isn't "officially" the person people want in office just coz he got voted in is he? Well then.

B) It's a British TV/American TV thread. Don't see where sitcom only was specified.

"i like little britain but to say that its better than ofah is stupid...real stupid...people who say this obviously havent got a clue"

People who say that obviously haven't got respect for opinions. I respect that you like O.F.A.H the most, I disagree though. I also believe there is proof to show that it's not the best. You yourself have given me such proof. As I'll show next. I'm not stupid for liking Little Britain more. It's a cleverer show, so if anything I'm smarter. Sorry Dean, but "You plonker" doesn't impress me.

"little britain is just a sketch show that repeats itself constantly
how many times can u laugh at the lou and andy scenes....he wants somethin and then changes his mind...this happens repeatedly and becomes repetitive...most the sketches are like that..they do the same joke over and over again ...."

Yeah coz hearing "Rodney you plonker" in every episode, "During the war..." in every episode and Delboy's various other catchphrases in every episode isn't repetitive is it? Yes, it is. Infact, they are more famous for the catchphrases and repetitive jokes than the humour you seem to think is in there. The characters are more famous than the show itself. That's not the case with show such as Little Britain. The comedy in the show is forefront. You can rarely pic a favourite character in I.A.P, Brass Eye or The Day Today. Purely because EVERY character plays their part of a whole. It's not one character carrying the show with a catchphrase.

-AC

dean7879
''A) It's not official if not everyone agrees with it. I don't. Bush isn't "officially" the person people want in office just coz he got voted in is he? Well then.

B) It's a British TV/American TV thread. Don't see where sitcom only was specified.''

im just sayin ..why compare a sitcom with a sketch show
the comedy is different

'People who say that obviously haven't got respect for opinions. I respect that you like O.F.A.H the most, I disagree though. I also believe there is proof to show that it's not the best. You yourself have given me such proof. As I'll show next. I'm not stupid for liking Little Britain more. It's a cleverer show, so if anything I'm smarter. Sorry Dean, but "You plonker" doesn't impress me.'

i have got respect for you opinion....if u said u liked fawlty towers better than ofah..then i can respect that cos they are both classic shows....but sayin LB is better than OFAH, in my opinion, its unfair.
u say ofah is crap...its not crap...its just not your cup of tea
u like little britain more...fair enough...its not better than ofah
i hate monty python...i like little britain more.....but if someone said to me that monty python is better than little britain...then i cant argue...i dont like monty python humour..its not my thing...but in a weird way i can say that monty python is better...
little britain is nothin new
(im tryin to get a message across but i think im talkin through my ass lol)
do u understant what im gettin at?

a better argument would be...whats better...the office or ofah
id respect you if u chose the office...but little britain? comon

Alpha Centauri
"u say ofah is crap...its not crap...its just not your cup of tea"

I think it's crap. It's not my cup of tea because it's crap. If you believe otherwise, rock on. That's your choice.

"u like little britain more...fair enough...its not better than ofah"

You are claiming it as a fact. IN YOUR OPINION it's not better. It has cleverer humour, that much is undeniable. After that it's all down to what you like.

"i hate monty python...i like little britain more.....but if someone said to me that monty python is better than little britain...then i cant argue...i dont like monty python humour..its not my thing...but in a weird way i can say that monty python is better..."

That's because you would be going by reputation. Monty Python is viewed as like a piece of heritage. That kinda bullshit doesn't affect me, so therefore I'd stand up and say Little Britain, The Office, Brass Eye or I.A.P are all better.

"a better argument would be...whats better...the office or ofah
id respect you if u chose the office...but little britain? comon"

Don't respect me, that's your choice. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. If O.F.A.H was a new show without all the history and traditional praise it's got, it'd get absolutely nowhere purely because the humour is absolutely nothing special. The characters are more famous than the show itself and in TODAY'S world, catchphrases alone get you nowhere. Hence why there are no more O.F.A.H style shows.

-AC

Libertine
But little Britain isnt a sitcom like you said its a sketch show, they are completely different genres. Comparing them would be pointless, and saying one of them is better than the other would be unfair.

badboy2004
thats right

Libertine
Thank you

badboy2004
yur welcome anytime

Libertine
cheers

Punk Tiger
Little Britain is repeatative but something about it is really funny - Anne, Daffyd & Andy

dean7879
*sigh*

Punk Tiger
no one's posting anymore sad

Alpha Centauri
Because it was only me and Dean, and we're done.

-AC

Df02
because OFAH is crap stick out tongue

*rekindles the fire*

Punk Tiger
OFAH is good and okay, it was just you 2 and me sometimes

dean7879
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

dean7879
yeah no more arguments on whats better.........
ofah is better though big grin stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Nah.

You are quite an Aitch Tee Dubb, Dean.

Funny though haha smile.

-AC

dean7879
aitch tee dubb?...i ay got a clue what u mean there.but cheers lol

Draco69
I don't need to see British T.V. to know that it is better. ANYTHING has to be better than the reality-tv show crap we have in America.

dean7879
we have reality tv in britain too..unfortunetly

Alpha Centauri
"I don't need to see British T.V. to know that it is better."

Hahaha.

You really shouldn't keep believing random things just because they sound good to you.

-AC

Draco69
????? I didn't ask for a lecture from you.

Libertine
Yeah leave Draco alone, if he wants to believe that he can.

Shadow Dragon
British.

I love that show called Red Drawf.

BENITO
the only thing that ruin brittish TV is F*(kin big brother

Deano
red dwarf is brilliant
best british sitcoms are... only fools and horses, men behaving badly, the royal family(not the one u are thinking of), bottom , and the office

sk8stuff09
i dont really watch british shows, so i dont really know if they are good or not...

Lydia_J
Some British Tv is absolute rubbish - i mean i dont like Only fools and horses, Little Britain or The Office, but then some of it is brilliant like Red Dwarf and Bottom.
American programmes are all kinda similar to each other but I've gotta say that the good ones are amazing, and i do watch an extortionate amount of it.

Blue Dragon
British sooo rocks!? What do you watch Americans, Freinds!? It's not humour, little thing & the audience laughs.........................???????
No offence but American comedy is C-R-A-P!!!

OFAH
Little Britain
Fawlty Towers
Some Mother's Do Have 'Em is OK (my mum likes it more)
Shooting Stars
It's Only TV But I Like It
Nevermind the Buzzcocks
and MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Libertine
Bottom is great, ive been watching the repeats on uk gold 2, i love it.

misha
Originally posted by *Danii*
British television rules, I mean, Little Britain, Fawlty Towers, Never Mind the Buzzcocks. . .

about your poll ... im not sure about the rest of the world, but here in aussie land, whether you have cable or not, 75% of the shows are american, 15% english and the other 10% (maybe even less) is aussie stick out tongue

Libertine
Yes well... er... im glad i never started that poll.

Alpha Centauri
The only British comedy I deal with is The Office, I'm Alan Partridge, Brass Eye (not around anymore), Bottom and Little Britain.

Family Guy and The Simpsons more than covers both of them and NO they're not cartoons. They're animated entrants into the catagory of sitcom.

-AC

Libertine
Does it matter anyway... it can be any programme not jst sitcoms.

Does America have a comic relief?

Mighty Yoda
i don't know

Libertine
Hmm, i wonder.

syko freak
wel i live in uk n they have some really nang programmes. but i jus luv american tv shows

jaden101
in comedy the british have it sewn up...old and new...from only fools and horses through to the new stuff...nathan barley, pheonix nights, league of gentlemen,

but in terms of drama i think the yanks have it...the sopranos, the shield, 24, west wing...not to mention the big budget stuff like band of brothers and angels in america

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>