Spider-Man and DC question (please see if you can answer, it's been killing me)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quick Freeze
in the first scene of Marvel vs DC #1 Spider-man gets teleported from manhattan to gotham where he meets the joker. in this scene at one point joker says something along the lines of "spider-man i presume, but you have changed tailors since we last tangoed."
then in All Access #1 superman mentions meeting spider-man in his symbiote costume as well. i can't find what they're talking about anywhere! does anybody know when spider-man met either superman or the joker in his symbiote costume??? or if you have any idea what they're talking about? confused

manjaro
the thing is these two have met on so many occasions that it is highly logical that they have met while spidey was in symbiote form. its just a matter of finding that isse big grin for eg. here's one from '76 i believe this was b4 the hulk thing. but hey b4 you get excited it was after doc ock zapped him with a red sun radiation ray(dont know if thats whats its called)

Quick Freeze
thats the first superman vs spider-man from 76. but spider-man isn't in his symbiote costume and joker isnt in it. in all access #1 supes says it happened when their universes met, but it definately wasn't Marvel vs DC because it starts off with joker referring to it so it must have been before it, and spidey isnt in his black costume in any dc crossover i can remember

Scoobless
joker's reference - he's not talking about his symbiote costume, he's talking about the ben reilly spiderman outfit from the spider-man & batman V's joker & carnage crossover
superman's reference - again the reilly costume from the marvel dc vote in crossover this time

radioboy121
This was brought up in the Spiderman thread (which this post should be) before and I don't think it was ever specified what exactly Joker meant.

The problem with referring to crossovers is that they can't exactly mean one crossover will truly be relevent towards another. When Spiderman and Superman paired up against Doctor Octopus and Lex Luther, all characters treated as if they lived in the same universe. The crossover you specified treated their universes as separate.

Scoobless
joker was talking about the ben reilly spidey....... do i seem untrustworthy or something *slowly pulls out revolver*

Quick Freeze
and so that's why spider-man didn't recognize the joker in marvel vs dc aswell, right? awww, i was kind of hoping i missed out on a whole other epic with marvel and dc. . . but i guess it was just ron marz's confusing references. thanks scoobes. btw the only difference are the metal bracelets right?

Scoobless
no, ben's chest spider stretched over the shoulders, didn't have the red with web down the arms, only 2 or 3 fingers of his glove were red and the "sock part was red to the outside and dark to the inside....... spider on back matched front as the red went all round........ and the webshooters were on the outside...........

plus he fired impact webbing and stingers........ pete should have kept the impact webbing

http://users.uniserve.com/~bryant/reilly/

there's a couple of pics here (as i don't yet know how to add pics straight to message board)

Tron
Moving...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.