At the Drive-In/The Mars Volta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
I know EB is a fan, you have guessed (or should have) that I am.

Anyone else? Favourite song? Album?

-AC

pr1983
they're pretty decent imo...

son et lumiere is my favourite track i suppose... havent heard enough of teh albums to decide which ones i prefer...

Tirekicker
I absolutely love both mars volta and at the drive in, saw mars volta twice. Favorite song from mars volta is Eriatarka probably, though Televators is cool. I love almost everything by ATDI but I guess my favorite song is Ebroglio.

Deathblow
I like The Mars Volta a lot, but I was never into ATDI.

I have a thing with TMV, it's not the individual songs that I like, it's the album as a whole. Same goes for Dredg and My Bloody Valentine.

De-Loused In The Comatorium is a masterpiece. I can't listen to it very often because its just too difficult, almost gruelling kinda, but in a way thats a good thing, because it'll still sound pretty fresh for years to come.

Victor Von Doom
I don't think it's 'gruelling'.

The next album will make or break them though.

ElectricBugaloo
And Sparta. I like Sparta too.

Favorite track is from ATDI: Arcarsenal. The second best opening track to an album ever (Baba O'Riley is the best)

Alpha Centauri
I don't think "Arc Arsenal" is the anywhere near the best, it is pretty awesome for an opener.

"Sleepwalk Capsules", "Alpha Centauri" or "Star Slight" are my fav songs. Others off "Relationship of Command" also.

As for The Mars Volta, I think it's a really solid album, "De-Loused..." I mean. From what I've heard of the new album, it INSTANTLY sounded better than ANYTHING I had heard on either "Tremulant" or "De-Loused".

-AC

Reckoning
The Mars Volta is definitely better than Sparta. At The Drive-In were a pertinent band.

SeptemberRain
I really like At the Drive-In. I never got into Mars Volta.

MildPossession
I am a big big fan of At The Drive In, Mars Volta are amazing, and I enjoy listening to Sparta also!

Mane
I have De-Loused in the Comatorium and I like it alot.

Afro Cheese
They're ok.

Morgoths_Wrath

Wolf Dog
I'm really getting into their pre-Relationship of Command stuff and It's like a whole new band. Acrobatic Tenement is really growing on me, just started listening to it couple of weeks ago and i can't believe what i've been missing. All the songs are solid on it."Ticklish", "Paid Vacation Time", and "Porfrio Diaz" are my favorites. Check those out now!

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't think "Arc Arsenal" is the anywhere near the best, it is pretty awesome for an opener.

"Sleepwalk Capsules", "Alpha Centauri" or "Star Slight" are my fav songs. Others off "Relationship of Command" also.

As for The Mars Volta, I think it's a really solid album, "De-Loused..." I mean. From what I've heard of the new album, it INSTANTLY sounded better than ANYTHING I had heard on either "Tremulant" or "De-Loused".

-AC

Wow, really? Could be true since "Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus" is one of their best songs ever but that's weird how you INSTANTLY found it better, different tastes i guess. I just started listening to the Tremulant EP and "Concertina" is....wow, can't explain the love i have for that song. The song, to me at least, sounds like a mix of A.T.D.I and Mars Volta. Sounds like it should've been on Relationship of Command.

el_barto
I love them both, but I prefer ATDI.

The True Fear
tmv is good. i like televators and intergalatic esp

el_barto
Do you mean Intertiatic ESP?

Alpha Centauri
Of course he does. There's no song relating to either band called Intergalactic E.S.P is there?

-AC

The True Fear
yeah.sry for the mispelling

el_barto
I had to check the spelling also, so I dont blame you wacko

The True Fear
tmv and their choice of odd song titles

StinkFist462
yea their song titles are a little odd but somewhat go along with the "story" of each of their CDs.

Lana
I dunno, but TMV and ATDI are both bands where I have to be in a certain mood to listen to them, or they just grate on me.

Alpha Centauri
They have a lot of shit song titles, even more horrible lyrics.

Great music though.

-AC

StinkFist462
give an example of bad lyrics and song title (not trying to argue, just wanting an opinion)

Alpha Centauri
More or less any song, for bad lyrics.

Title: Drunkship of Lanterns, Eunuch Provocateur. The Mars Volta don't have many songs. Although there's a bunch on Scabdates.

At the Drive-In have horrid titles most of the time.

-AC

StinkFist462
i havent listened to ATDI that much, but a few of their song titles are pretty horrid.

Wolf Dog
Anyone heard of De Facto? It was made up from most of the guys of A.T.D.I, they made like weird electronic dub music. I could only find a collection random songs from them cos the albums are impossible to find. It is pretty good. One or two songs were good but i could never get into their whole vibe.

Also, anyone hear the Omar Rodriguez solo album?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.