The Dark side is......British

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand Moff Gav
yup its true the dark side is british,well the empire is anyway and the rebels are american its a bit odd though, was Tarkin from britian i know veers,pieet and the rest were, big grin

But anyway there you go we Brits are evil im( scottish by the way not that it matters) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corran
What about OBI-WAN - he was British!

Ushgarak
And Qui-Gon might have been Irish, but he spoke with the British accent all the way... Obi-Wan seems to have been Englishified Scottery in his early days... meanwhile, Vader was British in stature, Yank in voice, and very much yank in his past...

But yes, the Empire was British- wouldn't have worked any other way!

yerssot
funny how the evil empire is now the states...
what is yoda then? chinese?

smoker4
Yoda is Austrailian

Brits Evil? How dare you big grin

yerssot
and Chuwie french

Grand Moff Gav
the empire is brittish so deal with it

Jackie Malfoy
Very cool deathstar!Where did you get it from?JM

Grand Moff Gav
that my friend is my little secret.

Exile
Actually Frank Oz is British the voice of Yoda but you probably know that.

Red X
...Bloody Bloke!

Chewbaka is French.
Empire is British
The Rebels are American
The Gungans are Russian.

Sadako of Girth
Frank Oz is blatantly American......!!!

Darth_Janus
You're all wrong. It's so obvious...

The Empire is German. They all look like little Nazis. Nazis had troops called Stormtroopers. Plus, they all wear grey uniforms and have a high mortality rate among officers caused by Darth Vader (a name GL got from the German words for dark father, no less. Hmm..) The only reason all the imps talk British-like is because England's closer to Germany and they tend to pick up on that accent before the Amerikaner one.

The Rebels are Americans. They are poorly organized, casual in appearance, and outright rebellious. (And before someone shouts out, I'm an American. Sue me.)

Chewbacca is too brave and too loyal to be French. That might hurt some feelings, but history supports my thesis.

Yoda is definately Cajun. Why else would he talk funny and live in the swamp?

The Gunguns are something... else. I refuse to think more of them.

smoker4
Gungans are italians

ARC Trooper 117
Dirty wops! laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
Hold up...!! Are you equating the war-era Brits with the war era Nazis?

The truth is as Eddie Izzard put it once, that the reason that Brits were
portrayed for like forever in American cinema as the evil figure has its roots in the Civil war and the resentment for the English then....
Which is why the French were portrayed as more of an enlighted, quasi-esoteric sidekick because of the Frances role in assisting the Yankee efforts to get the Brits out of the then colony...However that'll have changed now won't it... wink Stormtroopers had American accents incidently.
Ironically, if anyone nowadays actually are the rebels flying in the face of a new empire then the French now are those rebels...!!!
"'Project For The New American Century' anyone...?"
"Screw that" says Jacques to Claude....
Vaders accent is more US than British... Check out Dave Prowse's admittidly southern-regional English accent hearable in the"Empire of Dreams" feature on the OT DVD...
But I guess this was all pettily judged on govermental policies of each Country.....
I guess all over the world the PEOPLE under whatever government's rule
mostly identify with the rebels....But the governments dont like that now do they.....

Grand Moff Gav
Irvan Kershner casted the empire as brits on purpose the Empire is British and the Rebals are American but that doesnt mean that all goodies must be American and all baddies as Brits its just the way it is

Darth_Janus
I think British people make better badguys anyways. People hear a British accent and they think "Oh, arrogant tea-sipping imperialists..."

Grand Moff Gav
how dare u you you oh my i droped my teabag,,,HEAVENS

im from scotland so do i count as having that english accent

Darth_Janus
Nope. Scottish people don't instill the arrogance that the British have mastered over the years.

Sadako of Girth
Sure the pompous aloof arrogance of the "upper" class.... sick
Try talking to/hearing the actual, real, average voice of anyone else in the place..... Like some one from the UK equivalant of Flint.....Which'd probably be Dagenham or Basildon.... You guys ever seen 'Eastenders' over there.......? Now You guys don't all sound like Bush with the Texan drawl now do you.....? And of course. Theres never ever been and arrogant Yank has there....? stick out tongue smile The sound of arrogance is rife everywhere and its not exclusive to our royal family...Or more so:
Tony Blair... If we all spoke like that, I'd be on the first plane to New York... As I EVEN find that particular way of talking to be the same way you see it.... And I hate it I tells ya.....! wink

Peace.....

Sicky666
Did you know that there is an army in Russia which is called: the Galactic Empire. What it is? I dunno.

Ushgarak
"caused by Darth Vader (a name GL got from the German words for dark father, no less. Hmm..)"

Myth!

Darth_Janus
I'm not gonna protest it's validity, but do you have some kinda proof? You know, as opposed to just shouting that out?

Red X
You know why I hate British? THey say the word Bloody too much!

Bloody Hell!
Bloody Bastard!
BLoody Bloke!

Sicky666
Subject: Article for the JRL: Author of bin Laden's "Galactic Empire" Russian-born?

A couple of weeks ago I asked a friend of mine, Russian writer and Afghan war veteran Vladimir Grigoriev to find out if "The Foundation", a 1951 sci-fi bestseller by Isaac Asimov, a well-known American author and scientist, was translated and published in Arabic, and if so, under what title? Yesterday, I learned that my friend contacted his former professor Olga Frolova, currently the Chair of the Arab Philology Department, School of Oriental Languages, St. Petersburg State University, and she confirmed that the book was published in Arabic as "Al Qaeda", the title matching the name of the international terrorist network founded and headed by Osama bin Laden. (The Western media usually translates "Al Qaeda" back as "The Base", as if a base of terrorists were been referred to.)

This peculiar coincidence would be of little interest if not for abundant parallels between the plot of Asimov's book and the events unfolding now. The central character of "The Foundation" named Seldon, the pioneer of a new scientific discipline called "psychohistory", predicts that the Galactic Empire is about to fall. While the process of disintegration cannot not be stopped, Seldon decides to send an expedition to a remote place on the outskirts of the Galaxy and establish The Foundation, which is to become the nucleus of the next Empire. Even though the Old Empire tries to destroy The Foundation with its superior military might, Seldon's plan eventually works despite many predicted difficulties and occasional random hiccups. Seldon does not live long enough to see the triumph of his cause, but he leaves videotaped messages at a machine timed to broadcast them to his followers and instruct them at the turning points of The Foundation's history, as his forecasts are coming true.

I think the public would be relieved to realize that the internationally feared Terrorist No. 1 is trying to mimic a scenario from his favorite science fiction novel. I also believe that the study of "The Foundation" (along with its sequels and prequels) can help the decision makers around the globe to better understand what they're up against and what the ultimate objectives of Osama bin Laden are, much in the same way a study of "Mein Kampf" would have benefited Adolf Hitler's counterparts a great deal if they bothered to read the book and paid attention to what it said.

Isaac Asimov, a famous Jewish-American author and researcher, was born January 2, 1920, in Petrovichi, Russia, on the territory of the present day Belarus. He died April 6, 1992, in New York, New York, several months before the first attack struck the World Trade Center on February 26, 1993.

Sadako of Girth
Only Bloody hell... The other combos don't really fit. With the exception of the second....Which seems to have be adopted by a few Indian families I know... And 'bloody hell' not nearly as used as you'd think anymore....
Our swearing vocabs are WAY more advanced than that.
We are able to swear like no-others in the world....on an almost minutely
basis.....!
Check out OUR usages of F**k,F***ing, C***, W***er, C**k, Pr**k, Shit, and of course..... Bollocks....!! The verge on the Proliffic..
We ARE the home of the Profound Proffanity....!! Don't believe....?!?

I suggest checking out the following listening material for further evidence/reference...

Derek and Clive: 'Derek and Clive live'.
Derek and Clive: 'Ad Nauseam'.
Derek and Clive: 'Come again'.
Any live Billy Connelly....
The D&C stuff in itself is WAY more offensive than every episode of South Park combined with the Sopranos.... yes

We hardly use bloody(Except possibly our Royal family and the 'Upper'classes and when we are being polite in from of a vicar or small children......)But Hey...The 'Bloody'thing- It's an outdated stereotype along with bowler hats and umbrellas.... Man... Don't get ALL your cultural info from Monty Python... laughing
Besides...We never penalised YOU for over use of "Damned"...!! wink

King Burger
I must agree with Darth Janus. The Empire was meant
to, if not represent then atleast remind the audience
of, the Nazis.

The casting of the British was obvious, they couldn't
bring actors with german accents, that would have been
to obvious, and too provocative (too Germans that is).
The british accents were sufficient to convey military
discipline and decorum.

I don't think the rebels represent just americans, but
also british. Maybe Luke is suppose to be the "british"
one (all trim and proper), and Hans Solo is american
(wild, reckless, devil-may-care attitude).

Remember, the American Revolution against the British
Empire didn't destroy the empire (nor did it seek to do
so), just expelled it from the land.

The fight against the Nazi empire was, however, about
destroying it.

King Burger
Originally posted by Sicky666
Subject: Article for the JRL: Author of bin Laden's "Galactic Empire" Russian-born?

A couple of weeks ago I asked a friend of mine, Russian writer and Afghan war veteran Vladimir Grigoriev to find out if "The Foundation", a 1951 sci-fi bestseller by Isaac Asimov, a well-known American author and scientist, was translated and published in Arabic, and if so, under what title? Yesterday, I learned that my friend contacted his former professor Olga Frolova, currently the Chair of the Arab Philology Department, School of Oriental Languages, St. Petersburg State University, and she confirmed that the book was published in Arabic as "Al Qaeda", the title matching the name of the international terrorist network founded and headed by Osama bin Laden. (The Western media usually translates "Al Qaeda" back as "The Base", as if a base of terrorists were been referred to.)

This peculiar coincidence would be of little interest if not for abundant parallels between the plot of Asimov's book and the events unfolding now. The central character of "The Foundation" named Seldon, the pioneer of a new scientific discipline called "psychohistory", predicts that the Galactic Empire is about to fall. While the process of disintegration cannot not be stopped, Seldon decides to send an expedition to a remote place on the outskirts of the Galaxy and establish The Foundation, which is to become the nucleus of the next Empire. Even though the Old Empire tries to destroy The Foundation with its superior military might, Seldon's plan eventually works despite many predicted difficulties and occasional random hiccups. Seldon does not live long enough to see the triumph of his cause, but he leaves videotaped messages at a machine timed to broadcast them to his followers and instruct them at the turning points of The Foundation's history, as his forecasts are coming true.

I think the public would be relieved to realize that the internationally feared Terrorist No. 1 is trying to mimic a scenario from his favorite science fiction novel. I also believe that the study of "The Foundation" (along with its sequels and prequels) can help the decision makers around the globe to better understand what they're up against and what the ultimate objectives of Osama bin Laden are, much in the same way a study of "Mein Kampf" would have benefited Adolf Hitler's counterparts a great deal if they bothered to read the book and paid attention to what it said.

Isaac Asimov, a famous Jewish-American author and researcher, was born January 2, 1920, in Petrovichi, Russia, on the territory of the present day Belarus. He died April 6, 1992, in New York, New York, several months before the first attack struck the World Trade Center on February 26, 1993.

Actrually "Al Qaida" could mean either "the base" or "the foundation".

I don't think that Al Qaida is imitating that novel. That scenario is
too universal.

Padmé Amidala
Originally posted by Ushgarak
"caused by Darth Vader (a name GL got from the German words for dark father, no less. Hmm..)"

Myth!

Actually, the word Vader is Dutch for Father

Darth_Janus
Dunkel vater doesn't equate Darth Vader, really, but I'd heard the the name was -derived- from such a term. So naturally, I threw it out there.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Myth!

actually, George said he got darth vader form a phrase meaning "dark worrior".......watch the bonus disc.........

Uber_God
I think its just to say that europe is evil

Darth = Dutch for Dark
All the empire officers wear grey = just like the germans WWII
All empire officers = british accent

Uber_God
To add to my above list

Stormtroopers = Nazi Stormtroopers

King Burger
Or maybe, given Lucas' obsession with the Far East, the
Empire is the West, with the good guys being the
East Asian nations.

Maybe Lucas came up with the plot shortly after the
Vietnam War, yes?

Uber_God
um obsession with the far east?
how is that shown in the movies?

King Burger
I meant the "Force".

I have seen in interviews he did, like the one with Bill Moyars,
that he was deeply influenced, when creating the Star Wars
mythology, by East Asian religions, like Zen (?) and Buddhism.

Ofcourse, I may have been hallucinating. That's always a very
strong possibilty with me.

Uber_God
the force was used by the sith as well as the jedi

King Burger
Yes. I guess.

But the point is, the Force is shown purer and stronger in
the good guys, than in the bad.

The Force is shown an a, element of goodness, one which
was corrupted by some evil members.

But anyway, it was only guess. Maybe the Empire is the
German (as I said earlier) afterall.

Here is a link that talks of the Zen in the movies:

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/guest_editorials/drdave_zen.htm

Uber_God
Originally posted by King Burger

But the point is, the Force is shown purer and stronger in
the good guys, than in the bad.

The Force is shown an a, element of goodness

Maybe the Empire is the
German (as I said earlier) afterall.

Its shown purer with the jedi
and stronger with the sith

force = neutral in the movies as its used by both

and i said that before stick out tongue

King Burger
The point is, it is often seen that East Asia is spiritually
purer, while the West has become spiritually corrupt.

The West has religion, but its religion has become
hallow, a tool used by power-hungry elites. But in the
East (or so it goes), as well as in India, religion and
mysticism is alive and well. People there are still "in
tune" with their spirituality and their inner...stuff...

Bulls***? Sure it is! But that's a popular view.

All I'm saying, is that Lucas may have been influenced
by that view when creating the general profile of the
"rebels".

And as for Vietnam, well like Vietnam, you had a very
powerful nation, with highly-destructive weapons, going
against less well-armed forced. Something that comes
across especially in "Return of the jedi" with the Endore
battles.

Uber_God

so this has what to do with the movies again?

King Burger
Originally posted by Uber_God
so this has what to do with the movies again?

What the hell?????

This thread is a discussion about what the Empire may
represent, British Empire, Nazu german Empire, current
American Empire, etc...

I simply proposed that Lucas maybe was thinking
abou the Vietnam War, and that the Empire represents
the high-tech US, while the rebels represent the more
"spiritually pure" East Asia, especially given Lucas'
interest in East Asian spirituality, and the influence it
had on the film.

Maybe you should re-read the last seven posts to re-fresh
you memory of the progress of the thread.

Uber_God
Try looking at the thread name buddy
it says British
not american or vietnemese

i pointed out that gl might have been showing the euros to be evil not just the british
(look up to my posts)

King Burger
Yes, Grand Moff Gav started the thread to express his view that
the Empire was British. Like all threads in this website, it prompted
responses from both people who agree, and people who disagree
and who gave alternate views.

If the point of Forums was to state an opinion and then have
everyone who reponds completely agree, then there would be any
Forums, just a whole bunch of diary blogs.

Uber_God
um
i didnt agree
i agrred in part but not fully
i did give an alternative view

King Burger
So be it.

I disagreed, and merely presented a possible different
view, is all.

Uber_God
back to topic now?

King Burger
Sure.

So as I was saying, Zen Buddhism is....I kid.

So maybe Vietnam was no influence over Star Wars, maybe
only over the Endore battles.

Otherwise, I would stick with my earlier contention that the
Empire was Nazi Germany, with it's Stormtroopers, and
advanced technology. The rebels being the Anglo-American
allies.

Much like Cobra in G.I.Joe.

Sesse
Actually the Empire had some communistic features in it.

Emperor: "Rise my friend..."
Emperor: "Patience, my friend."

"comrade" = "My firend" ?

Uber_God
good point sesse
communism is mainly linked with russians in alot of peoples minds

do you think of the russians as euros or asians?

Antillies
well my english is a bit poor but i will give it a try......well the empire got some thing inspired from different places like SESSE had a point there but also those who sais nazis cause o dont know if it matters but DARTH VADERS helmet got the same shape as the nazis soldiers had(but vaders is slightly overdone) also different ppl in the empire use those helmets.

Grand Moff Gav
well this certainly branched out but vaders helmet came from the ancient samuri

Antillies
ooh yes now that i think of it so....

Grand Moff Gav
well thats what Ralph Maquire said he was trying to accomplish when he drew Vader

Grand Moff Gav

All I'm saying, is that Lucas may have been influenced
by that view when creating the general profile of the
"rebels".

And as for Vietnam, well like Vietnam, you had a very
powerful nation, with highly-destructive weapons, going
against less well-armed forced. Something that comes
across especially in "Return of the jedi" with the Endore
battles.

who are you you you dont dis the all powerful west or the empire If im corrupt then im glad after all being British is to be disliked.or feared

Grand Moff Gav
i will put your mind at rest king burger.

the empire was british because the actors in it were from Britain they are similar to britain because they used an overwhelming naval power to gain and maintain an empire.

They are not like americans because they re not a republic they are like Japan becuse the officer uniforms are very similar to the japaneeses ones during WWII and they are like nazis because the weaseld they re way in and took complete control and where very anti alien,nazis anti jew,

as for the communisim connection no because people are not treated as equals it is very segregated with threr high human culture,

ahhh there you go that was easy but feel free to disagree if you wish thats the point of this post.

Oh and Uber God i thought you didnt like me (least fav sw character) yet here you agreeing with me thats abit odd.

Darth_Janus
Interesting points, but the idea that they are British because the actors are British is like saying all Vaapad practicing Jedi are black with purple lightsabers. Not really logic, just personal opinion.

As for being communist, I think one person (Forgive me for not scrolling up and finding your name) is mistranslating "friend" into "comrade". I could be wrong. But yeah, in English we tend not to use comrade and friend as meaning the same thing. Usually comrade is a brotherly bond-type word used to describe fellow men-at-arms.

Second, I don't think it's a proper tie-in to say the Empire is Nazi-like simply because they are prejudice. Every major society including Japan, Britain, France, and whatnot has had a stint in their past where they were very prejudice and most even committed forms of genocide. That being said, I think Nazis only come to mind because they have gotten more media coverage, and prejudice massacres and intolerance such as the Massacre of Sand Creek, or King Leopold's Congo seem to elude history books.

I will say, however, that the tie-in with Imperial naval power and British naval power was a very good one. I hadn't thought of it like that, really, and I think it makes sense.

As for Vietnam, I might have something interesting to say about that... when I dig my textbook out of my car, later on. In my history textbook, there is a small excerpt which compares the feelings of cold war America and the times of the Vietnam conflict to Star Wars trilogy. I'm not even kidding. It's there... Somebody with a degree believes theres some kinda connection. I guess it's not too shabby a reflection, now is it?

Grand Moff Gav
thanks for that little complement about the naval power im quite chuffed.

as for the Nazi thing i unerstand what u mean but when i refer them as nazis i dont mean to imply that the Nazis where the only prejudice country in the world i just use them as an example because as you say they are the best known for example if i meantion concentration camps people think of Nazis even though they where used by the Brits in the Boer war or the americans prisoner of war camp in cuba could also be seen as a concentration camp but people still think of Nazis its as you say because theyre more in the common pulic domain,

Darth_Janus
Right. It comes to mind when you say 'Nazi', people have a better idea. You say Boer war and most are like "Huh?"

Fishy
So by that logic isn't it more likely that Lucas created the Empire based on the Nazi's then anything else? Afterall they are the most known and feared in these days...

Of course he based it on more then just that. But the nazi's probably had a pretty big inlfueince in his story because it was the most known at that time, the one that still lived in the minds and hearts of the people and the one with most media coverag, so the message could be brought across a lot easier.

You try making a movie about an evil empire where people dress like people dressed in American. Where the army's have uniformas like the normal American uniforms with somethign resembling the American flag on it. And then to top it all have them destory a peaceful society.

Like said before the voices are only british because the movie was made in England... I doubt it had any bigger meaning, and that Lucas wanted it to go like that. Maybe he liked it the way it turned out, but i doubt it was the reason for what happened.

Oh and Darth isn't dutch for dark... Darth has no meaning in dutch at all.

Grand Moff Gav
lucas does refer to them as nazis but the actors were british ON PURPOPSE says Irvan Kershner

SithSpy
I just watched ANH the other day and I must say I dont care about their true nationality but i LOVVVEEEE those sideburns, unmatched by anything

Red Superfly
I demand more sideburns in Episode III.

Sideburns are back in now - they would look perfectly normal in Episode III. We need consistency.

Darth_Janus
Well, since 70s haircuts are in, it would only make sense.

We also need helmets with chinstraps, standard issue riding boots to all fighters, lots of green computer screens, and beads. Don't ask why about the beads. Just... beads. I think I should go eat now or something. I'm out of it.

SithSpy
thats one thing thats not consistent, if you look at vaders helmet it looks like others seen in ANH like in the detention center and hell even the rebels on the tantive, but shouldnt they be around in the PT if this is what vader gets? ORRRR maybe he sets the trend............id like the "vader" please, allrighty coming right up but yes def MORE sideburns

Red Superfly
We need to see those Rebel soldiers from the opening scenes of ANH aboard the Tantive IV, complete with chinstraps.

We need more big blinking lights too. Too many flashy computer screens, and not enough blocky flashing lights.

And we need more old school sound effects - like the sounds the computers made, and the little retro touches like it.

Darth_Janus
Retro is good. I agree.

Beep, boop and all that.

AntniEllison
well i'm from england and i sound nothing like the upper class english people i'm a manc you see, but i think us brits play better bad guys because i dunno what it is but our accent can seem cold at times also we seem to have a glare or look somtimes when were annoyed.....i think i'm chatting bulls**t lol

Darth_Janus
British people are just cooler. Americans sound goofy trying to be evil, unless they're trying to be Bruce Willis in the Jackal.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by AntniEllison
well i'm from england and i sound nothing like the upper class english people i'm a manc you see, but i think us brits play better bad guys because i dunno what it is but our accent can seem cold at times also we seem to have a glare or look somtimes when were annoyed.....i think i'm chatting bulls**t lol

noone said you did oh and whats with the fashion chat

Ogami Itto
hey theres to impy yanks in ANH

"there goes another one"

"hold your fire there no life forms..."

"holding her is dangerous blah blah"

ha

Grand Moff Gav
WHAT

Ogami Itto
Sorry is that a bit vague? the quotes are all from the first five minutes of ANH aboard Vaders star destroyer/Tantive IV! the lines are spoken in an american accent and they are uttered by Imperials!

Lord Banshee
The emperor is english... stick out tongue

Ogami Itto
Ah yes of course when he wasn't on curascant he ruled the galaxy with an iron fist from...10 Downing Street!!!! stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Oh Veers just had the best accent!! Super English...posh English.

Its one of the reasons Dark side is better - they all speak with a classy accents stick out tongue

Darth_Janus
Hey now... Obi Wan had an accent, as did Qui Gon.

Red Superfly
And Threepio.

Wasn't the original Boba Fett voice American? And so is Darth Vader, when done right, American can sound very fearsome.

Boba Fetts american slur sounded so much more convincing than his new Jango Fett "shrimp on the barbie mate" accent.

DCLXVI
I agree, Red Superfly....

BTW> Don't know if this has been stated, but the Dark Side isn't really British - just the Empire....

moviejunkie23
lots of interesting ideas.
did anyone think that the tuskan raiders came across like they were a bad sterio type of american indians or muslims?
They were out in the boonies and they would shoot at anything that moved and they would scream at the top of their lungs while they shaked their primtive weapons in the air. Not to mention they lived in teepees!!!

.:Space Opera:.
the darkside is british.....and nazified

Grand Moff Gav
the sand people where indians I KNEW IT!!!

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by DCLXVI
I agree, Red Superfly....

BTW> Don't know if this has been stated, but the Dark Side isn't really British - just the Empire....

thats what i ment

Grand Moff Gav
bad choice of words and dark side has a better impact

exanda kane
LOL America! What a joke of a nation. They invade a few eastern countries and think they ave history. They eat trash, make trash and live in trash. At last Europe has regular sized doors where everybody's girth fits through. The American accent is the demoralisation of the English Language! And what's wrong with their TV
Hadn't it struck people that the reason the empire is apparently full of aristicratic brits is that they're the best actors in the world and can easily portray an empire (afterall we did take over the world without the help of nuclear blackmail!).

Darth Mantis
Your arrogance proceeds you...

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by exanda kane
LOL America! What a joke of a nation. They invade a few eastern countries and think they ave history. They eat trash, make trash and live in trash. At last Europe has regular sized doors where everybody's girth fits through. The American accent is the demoralisation of the English Language! And what's wrong with their TV
Hadn't it struck people that the reason the empire is apparently full of aristicratic brits is that they're the best actors in the world and can easily portray an empire (afterall we did take over the world without the help of nuclear blackmail!).

While I won't defend America for being economically spoiled, young, and lacking in history and authentic culture, I will attack you for blatant stupidity.

As for eating trash, making trash, and living in trash, just keep in mind who's the number one country in the world for technological innovation, higher living, and oh yeah, loaning to every European country, of which only Finnland ever repaid us.

As for the American accent being the demoralisation of the English language, I'm gonna wager a guess and bet you're British. And if you are, you have a lot of reasons to be angry. For one, all the streets in your country are too small to turn around in, yellow teeth is more common than yellow hair, and you guys have Pikeys. And the Irish blowing up your cars. Hell, while I'm at it, why don't I bash everyone. Isn't that mature? Ah, no, it's not. It's assinine. You're a fool, and as worldly as a backwoods redneck.

And lastly, as for taking over the world withoout the aid of "nuclear blackmail" (Which is, surprisingly, something every major power has done, and then there's North Korea) no, the British just invaded every place, basically enslaved the locals, forced them to suffer indignities under colonialism which has left wounds that endure even until today, and then left, leaving a vaccuum where their overbearing presence had been. It's why we have Palestine and India and Pakistan, and a whole list of other places. Good job, guys.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
While I won't defend America for being economically spoiled, young, and lacking in history and authentic culture, I will attack you for blatant stupidity.
As for eating trash, making trash, and living in trash, just keep in mind who's the number one country in the world for technological innovation, higher living, and oh yeah, loaning to every European country, of which only Finnland ever repaid us.
As for the American accent being the demoralisation of the English language, I'm gonna wager a guess and bet you're British. And if you are, you have a lot of reasons to be angry. For one, all the streets in your country are too small to turn around in, yellow teeth is more common than yellow hair, and you guys have Pikeys. And the Irish blowing up your cars. Hell, while I'm at it, why don't I bash everyone. Isn't that mature? Ah, no, it's not. It's assinine. You're a fool, and as worldly as a backwoods redneck.

yellow teeth funny blowing up cars not so, its a disgrace how dare you Janus unfair and not funny people have lost lives and you want to laugh at them do we make jokes about 9/11 no but want to hear some bet not as for the loans the americans took advantage of their "friends" theydestroyed the pound and as for that pic it is why the US is pahaps the most hated country in the world and i like america,bt i do acknowlodge the problem's with the empire but the IRA joke was out of order "WELL DONE"

exanda kane
Haha. At least the British Empire taught lessons to most of the other countries about how if you enslave a continent the problem is they won't forgive you! And I just laugh at your arrogant, capitalist ways. Irish blowing up cars? Only happened because the yanks started giving them the lots of guns.
And dare I say it . . . Israel.
And dare I say it . . . HAHA your country is completly fat and full of cheap food.
And dare I say it . . . I really hate that annoying american accent, especially the whiny female one.

Possibly the reason for Vader and Anakin being american is that they have too much power and they don't want to share it, so they cripple the galaxy with cheap, grease filled fast food outlets run by fat americans with annoying accents, holding guns at each other. Somewhat allegroical I think.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by exanda kane
Haha. At least the British Empire taught lessons to most of the other countries about how if you enslave a continent the problem is they won't forgive you! And I just laugh at your arrogant, capitalist ways. Irish blowing up cars? Only happened because the yanks started giving them the lots of guns.
And dare I say it . . . Israel.
And dare I say it . . . HAHA your country is completly fat and full of cheap food.
And dare I say it . . . I really hate that annoying american accent, especially the whiny female one.

Possibly the reason for Vader and Anakin being american is that they have too much power and they don't want to share it, so they cripple the galaxy with cheap, grease filled fast food outlets run by fat americans with annoying accents, holding guns at each other. Somewhat allegroical I think.

Palestine was your **** up, as was Pakitan and India. Uh, we didn't spawn two hostile nuclear powers because of our half-assed approach to colonialism, but you did. So thanks for teaching the world the sophisticated art of leaving ticking timebombs.

America is a risk for plumpness, no getting around that. Wow, hardly a point. It used to be an aspect of affluent living to be thick, hence all the heavier people in old paintings. Thin people were poor and often malnutrished. But I'm sure you knew that, didn't you?

And if the lowest thing I said was in regards to the IRA, while you're carrying on about the 9-11 incident were a few thousand people died at once, civilians who never knew their enemy, you are just a kettle calling the teapot black. The IRA is nothing to joke about, to be true, but then again neither is bigotry, which is exactly what this fool is proposing. And I don't see you attacking him. You're both fools.

Darth_Janus
Since someone decided to PM me with basically the same thing, I'll post my reply here. I think it gets my point across well.

yellow teeth funny blowing up cars not so, its a disgrace how dare you Janus unfair and not funny people have lost lives and you want to laugh at them do we make jokes about 9/11 no but want to hear some bet not as for the loans the americans took advantage of their "friends" theydestroyed the pound and as for that pic it is why the US is pahaps the most hated country in the world and i like america,bt i do acknowlodge the problem's with the empire but the IRA joke was out of order "WELL DONE"

Oh your great country is the Fatest one and becoming the most stupid and these are not opinions they're fact.

And why do you attack Britain when one person from it's country attacks yours, and then there's youur war on terrorism what a joke wasnt it the US who funded terrorist organisations before 9/11 (the IRA)

not cool man sad

One, don't mistake me for a patriot. I'm only stepping in to defend America because this other fool is being clearly prejudice, but you didn't bother to correct him, only me. That is -not cool, man-.

Two, We're not the most stupid. We're number eleven in world education, which is inexcuseable, but considering we're mostly a nation of various ethnicities, that's to be expected.

Three, I bashed England a few times. The whole world makes jokes about the US and our leader and our ways.... and then all want to come here and reap the benefits of our affluent society or are all too willing to take handouts and whatnot that we offer. We're spiraling in debt right now and yet we've shelled out billions of dollars to help other nations after WWII. I don't know of ANY SINGLE NATION that has done such a thing. For all America's problems and flaws, and despite my own personal reservations of the country, I refuse to sit back and allow a bunch of ill-educated foreigners mock my country when I know damn well they're watching our movies, eating our styles of food, wearing t-shirts and Levi jeans, and they know the theme song to the Titanic.

Four,if English people aside from that blabbering fool have a problem with my bashes, well, that was not the intent. But I don't see your name on the post and I don't see your concerns anywhere to be seen, so I would suggest that you reconsider your stance in this little war and find some ground to stand on while you're badmouthing the country that probably made the operating system you're running the internet on, in a forum for the movie that was made by Americans.

DCLXVI
That map made me laugh....stick out tongue

Grand Moff Gav
lol

exanda kane
the titanic was one bad movie.

exanda kane
America LOL

exanda kane
plus im not even patriotic

Grand Moff Gav
tell me what made you unleash a stupid and unnecessary attack on America

exanda kane
boredom and the state of middle east . . . and titanic

Ushgarak
What the bloody hell happened here?

No more threads going like this- perpetrators will be warned.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.