Shaun of the Dead vs Return of the Living Dead 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
I can't believe you actually want to buy that piece of crap film...

Snipes
Shaun of the dead is an excellent film, but i guess some people dont like british humor. I didnt think it had that much british humor anyway.

but back to the topic, im afraid i cant help you.

papabeard
This is a great film, but is based on a very british sense of humour, I just think you did not understand the humour or expected something different.

dean7879
you have the nerve to say shaun of the dead is crap while brandishing a return of the living dead 3 sig roll eyes (sarcastic)

JKozzy
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Snipes
good one dean yes

Solo
Very nice one thumb up

BlackC@t
Not really.

Return of the Living Dead 3 was a unique, orginal zombie film, it wasn't about a bunch of zombie escaping from their graves trying to eat people like most zombie films.

The plot was strong, not to slow paced and not to fast paced, and the gore level was very satisfying.

What's so great about Shaun of the Dead? it takes at least half-an hour for anything REMOTELY interesting to happen and it had one funny thing in it. Oh, yeah, really brilliant roll eyes (sarcastic)

Back on topic, it's probably sold out being a limited edition...

dean7879
shaun of the dead is unique as well because it is set in britain,,,the story is still the same but the overlal feel of the movie is different because of the characters and what they do in the situation
rotld 3 is unique but i dont dig that kind of zombie movie....i prefer the bunch of zombies escaping from their graves type of story....thats the best type of zombie flick

BackFire
Plot for Return of the Living Dead 3:

"Colonel Reynolds and his group of government scientists continue their work on re-animating the dead for military use. His son Curt and his girlfriend Julie use Dad's security pass to sneak in and watch the proceedings. Later when father and son have a disagreement, Curt and Julie take off on a motorcycle and Julie is killed in an accident. Grief-stricken, Curt takes her body to the lab and brings her back to life. Curt must help Julie deal with her new existence as military agents and local gang members try to find them."

Yeah, that's really unique, though I think there's another movie about something being brought to life in a lab, what's it called? Oh yeah, Frankenstein.

Shaun of the Dead is pure gold, it's use of comedy, outstanding gore that isn't over used, and interesting characters is extremely refreshing and very very unique.

dean7879
thumb up

BREN
ok well in my view only the first return of the living dead is good very good mind you i thought part 2 was a complete rehash of 1,part 3 is better than 2 tho smile
and for an english movie shaun rocks smile

Jennifer_Tilly
I havent seen Shaun of the Dead yet cause everytime I go to rent it, it's always checked out but I think it will be way better then ROTLD 3.

dean7879
it is.....way better..way way way way better
way way way way way way..u get my point?

The Inkeeper
Shaun of the dead, i JUST finished watching that. Brilliant stuff

BlackC@t
Did Frankenstein eat brains? No roll eyes (sarcastic)

Was Frankenstein bought back by Trioxin? No roll eyes (sarcastic)

Was Frankenstein a love story? No roll eyes (sarcastic) (Apart from Bride of Frankenstein)

Did Frankenstein use pain to stop the hunger? No roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did Frankenstein pierce himself with shards of glass and metal to stop the hunger? No. Oh, yeah, exactly the same huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You can't call Shaun of the Dead orginal simply because it was set in Britain. But you can call it crap because it was slow, boring, and NOT FUNNY.

dean7879
not exactly the same no...but still the same general idea
not funny? shaun of the dead? have u got a sense of humour?
slow? have u got an attention span?
your outnumbered..everyone loves shaun of the dead
maybe you should watch it again...it took c-dic a few viewings to get used to the humour ...try watching it again..then comment

BlackC@t
One bit I did love was when the guys group crossed paths with a group that was exactly the same as thier group laughing

dean7879
whassup niggas!
that bit cracked me up

i didnt find the film hilarious...it has some funny moments
but overall it is different than most zombie films in terms of the characters and setting...thats why i enjoyed it so much

BackFire
"Did Frankenstein eat brains? No Was Frankenstein bought back by Trioxin? No "

Return of the Living Dead 3 was not the first movie to involve eating brains. Nor was it the first movie that involved dead people coming back to life because of a chemical, heck, ROTLD did that first. Thus, 3 is not unique.

"Was Frankenstein a love story? No (Apart from Bride of Frankenstein)"

Granted, no love story in Frankenstien, but as you already pointed out, there was a love story in Bride. Which means the love story aspect has already been done. Thus making that aspect of ROTLD3 not unique in anyway. Good work on destroying your own argument.

"Did Frankenstein use pain to stop the hunger? No

Did Frankenstein pierce himself with shards of glass and metal to stop the hunger? No. Oh, yeah, exactly the same huh? "

Those two things don't make the movie as a whole unique, the premise of ROTLD3 is a poor rehash of Bride of frankenstien/Frankenstien.

"You can't call Shaun of the Dead orginal simply because it was set in Britain. But you can call it crap because it was slow, boring, and NOT FUNNY."

And you can't call ROTD3 original becyase it involves piercing someone with glass, nor can you call it original because it is exactly the same as Bride of Frankenstien.

You CAN call Shaun of the Dead original for it's use of humor, however. It's use of romance and it's great characters that are the last type of characters you'd normally expect from a zombie film. Also, you're in the minority of thinking Shaun of the Dead is NOt funny, it's pretty much recognized as having some of the best humor ever to grace a horror film. Obviously, you're also in the minority of thinking that a crappy, unoriginal, cheesy sequel to a sequel is better then one of the most highly regaurded horror films released in recent years.

BlackC@t
Shaun of the Dead was orginal because of it's humor and romance?

Scary Movie had those too.

SlipknoT
There werent any Zombies in Scary Movie

Mane
I think she meant that Scary Movie also had humor and romance.

BlackC@t
^ Bingo.

BackFire
Of course scary movie wasn't a horror film, it was a comedy. Shaun of the Dead meshes good horror, good comedy, and good characters in such a way I have never seen.

Cinemaddiction
Romance? Bullshit. "SOTD" had humor the likes of which you either have to be a fan of British humor to enjoy, where as "Scary Movie", you just have to be in grade school.

SaTsuJiN
o_O british humor is in it?.. *contemplates a rental*

Cinemaddiction
I don't even know why it's referred to as "British Humor", that is unless the British invented sarcasm and outrageous situational irony. Anywho, it's there, and "Shaun" is the new king of it.

BlackC@t
Ah, so British humor means 'Humor that is lame.'

BlackC@t
Sorry, that was too far. I find some British humor rather amusing.

Zilverz
Maybe its the Adult humor and Adult situations that is throwing her off

BlackC@t
You call being surrounded by a group of zombies an adult sitiuation?

I advise you to watch a lot more zombie films before you say that.

But I agree with the adult humor thing, not really a teenagers movie...

dean7879
britain probably did invent sarcasm and irony big grin

dean7879
it is a teenagers movie though....every one i know over here in britain likes the humour........i can see why american teenagers may not like it.....in usa if you dont get a laugh every 10 seconds then its considered borin...this dont apply to every person though
usa comedy is more outrageous and silly...and thats why when a brit comedy comes along, some people cant handle it

BREN
You call being surrounded by a group of zombies an adult sitiuation?

I advise you to watch a lot more zombie films before you say that
please explain cos every zombie movie i have seen is rated R or uk 18
18+adult where i come from?????

BlackC@t
I'm talking about the fact that teenagers are the main characters...

Or in ROTLD 2's case, a 10-12 year-old boy.

And Dean, I'm not american erm

dean7879
never said u was big grin

BlackC@t
Seemed like you were implying it.

dean7879
nah smile

Darth_Big_Boy
"Shaun" is 1000 times better then "ROTLD3". There's no comparing the 2.

stingray005
Ok, ROTLD3 basically sucked. The plot was crappy and the acting was terrible. SOTD in my opinion was better but it still had some bad parts to it. The first 30 minutes was completely boring, then in the middle of the movie it picked up the pace and became funny, and then the end just became way too serious and dramatic.

BlackC@t
Acting was terrible!?
Pffft! rolleyes1

The cast was great!
Melinda Clarke and J. Trevor Edmond was fabulous.

stingray005
Ok Fine. The acting wasn't that bad but you have to admit that the plot seriously lowered my IQ level.

ComeGetSum!
Shean of the dead Kicked Ass!

PRO-PAIN
No comparison at all, Shaun Of The Dead was an excellent made and written movie with great acting, action, and comedy scenes...

While as Return Of The living Dead 3 was pure crap, with a half assed written story, and sub par acting on all levels.

Wendigo
Originally posted by Deano
you have the nerve to say shaun of the dead is crap while brandishing a return of the living dead 3 sig roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think shaun of the dead was crap 2 smile

Rignite
Well then, any of you who think Shaun of the Dead is stupid must have not thought the scene with the records was funny. You know what that means right...?

laughing You guys are unconformist idiots, hahaha! laughing

Not to mention your level of sophistication is quite poor...maybe you should just stick to Scary Movie and the like... laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.