Horror movies based on real occurances

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
White Noise has real EVPs.

There's another Ghost movie that was based on a real case.

'The Return of the Living Dead' was based on a real case. Damn it! I wanna breathe in that Trioxin!

dean7879
exorcist was based on a real case
nightmare on elm street was based on a child who died in his sleep(i think)

dean7879
was it? confused

MildPossession
Craven got the idea for Nightmare on Elm Street from some news he read:

"Wes Craven claimed to have drawn inspiration for this movie from a series of news stories that involved a group of young Samoans who died from a horrific nightmare. The story goes first these young, healthy people would have a nightmare refuse to sleep for as long as they could, then when they finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion they awoke with a scream, and died from a heart failure."

SlipknoT
Killer Klowns From Outer space.

BlackC@t
Yup, Dean, it was.

Slipknot, if that was a joke it really wasn't funny...

SlipknoT
thumb up

KidRock
..when the hell were there zombies walking the earth?

BackFire
Return of the Living Dead is not based on real events. laughing out loud

SlipknoT
Oh you didnt hear about that?It was all over the news roll eyes (sarcastic)

KidRock
hahaha

BlackC@t
Hey, I'm just saying what I heard. And I'm not talking about what it said at the start whistle

BlackC@t
Ignore this, just editing it.

BackFire
And what did you hear?

BlackC@t
That it was real no expression...

SaTsuJiN
lol.. lets all be zombies~... no wait.. I actually enjoy my un-rotting flesh.. blink

SlipknoT
....and you believed it? no expression

KidRock
your joking right?

BackFire
Where did you hear this?

Wolfie
He also heard on the news about a kid afraid of his/her nightmares so much, he/she cut his/her eyelids off.

Yeah, I remember the news report. The reporter said that you can kill the zombie by "removing the head or destroying the brain". laughing out loud

Cinemaddiction
I'm surprised nobody has brought up "Open Water", which ended up being more or less a complete ****ing sham.

BlackC@t
Apparently the events of ROTLD took place in Kentukey, I'll have to research the subject a bit more.

I'll be back soon!

Zilverz
just a tip for another ROTLD fan, it is spelled Trioxen..

BackFire
Not really a horror movie. More of a drama then anything.

BlackC@t
No, it's 'Trioxin.'

It says so on the canister.

Snipes
it would be neat if on halloween, the News broadcasts played footage of zombies, and how to kill em. Like on Dawn Of The Dead (04) special Features.

give the lil ones a fright.

MildPossession
Do we want to remember Open Water, urgh.

BREN
lmao if some1 tells u something surely ur own mind tells u its pure unadulterated bullshit,maybe ur so in to rotld u wanted to beleive it?
but beleive me john russo the guy who wrote the book rotld did not draw this story frtom fact,russo worked with romero on notld,and also did the 2 midnight movies,ive read the book rotld,and the movie does say that it happened in pitsburgh etc but just sayin bout notld,its just fiction so which ever person was tellin u its true have em drink some trioxin 245,lmao smile

Napalm
The Texas chainsaw massecer was based on real events frome the sireal killer ed gein.

However said that return of the living dead is real is smoking pot

eggmayo
Napalm... Leatherface is not based on Ed Gein.
And about ROTLD being real, it is actually about the chemical Trioxin... its a real chemical used as a morticians restorative, to repair cells and maintain the corpses contours after postmortem tissue constriction.

BREN
eggmayo leatherface was inspired by ed gein so was norman bates in psycho leatherface because he dressed in ppls skin as ed gein did and norman batses cos he was as crazy as a shithouse rat as gein was,lol,and because robert bloch the author of psycho was inspired to write the book by the gein murders/case

Napalm
Correct

eggmayo
How much of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is based on the real life murderer Ed Gein?

Despite being heavily touted as "inspired by a true story," both Tobe Hooper's original 1974 film and the 2003 Marcus Nispel remake are only lightly based on the real-life murderer Ed Gein, who is suspected to have taken several victims between 1954 and 1957. Perhaps the most recognizable similarity is the film's house, whose gruesome content was similar to that found in Ed Gein's home (above right) in 1957.
Did the real Ed Gein ever wear a human's face as a mask like Leatherface did in the film?
The real Ed Gein did wear a human's scalp and face. The real Ed Gein did this however, to help quell his desire to be a woman, not because of a skin disease as with Leatherface in the film. Also included in his uniform, Ed Gein wore a vest of skin complete with breasts and female genitalia strapped above his own. -carpenoctem.tv

Did the real Ed Gein use a chainsaw to kill his victims?

No, both of Ed Gein's identified victims, Mary Hogan and Bernice Worden, were shot with a pistol. In November of 1957, police found Bernice Worden hanging from the rafters in a shed behind Gein's house. Her body had been gutted like that of a deer, and the head had been removed. Ed Gein was also the suspect in several other missing persons. The element of the chainsaw that was added for the film's story once again emphasizes the loose connection of the film to Gein. -carpenoctem.tv

Zilverz
in the movie documentation it is spelled Trioxen

eggmayo
Congrats on the Event Horizon avy man.

BREN
eggmayo nobody said gein used a chainsaw,i said gein was the insperation for tcm which he was,if u actually watch tcm it says it really happened which we all know it did not there was no leatherface,tcm is a work of fiction which once again we all know i would say that the main inspiration in tcm was the obvious skin mask,gein was a necrophile leatherface is an a sexual character we know him to be male but nothing more,gein experimented sexually with the thought of being a woman read this book by dr helen morrison m.d. ,my life with the serial killers in which she interviews gein aswell as other infamous serial killers smile

RavenNightstar
Return of the Living Dead
It was based on actual events, however they weren't really zombies! The Trioxen (true name, changed for movie) leaked from the canisters that were being kept in an old morgue. It leaked into the air ducts & such. Trioxen just (as eggmayo said) restores cell life, causing them to fire up! So, when this happened, the corpses in the morgue began to move about, and a few actually got up from the tables, but only took a few steps.
The Trioxen made it's way to the shallow graves that were behind the morgue. Because the people were buried so shallow, the constant moving of their bodies created the effect that they were pushing out of the ground! happy Did a project on it in school!

Amytiville Horror
This is also based on reality! Just the first one, mind you! They have tried time & time again to clear the house of demons, to destroy the house by burning it, even bulldozing it to the ground... It can't be cleared, it wouldn't burn down, and the men driving the bulldozers couldn't get themselves to destroy it! Creepy! messed

Leatherface
He is based on Ed Gein, but not to the exact point! If he were, then they would have just called the movie "Ed Gein", and leave it at that! You have to tweak a few things!

SlipknoT
Thats ****ing awsome

eggmayo
Sometimes, when dead bodies release gases, they sit up... my mum saw this happen when she was a nurse

DaneBramage
1). PSYCHO was the first movie based on Ed Gein

2). ROTLD is NOT true. It was a joke by Dan O'Bannon.

3). Amityville Horror was proved to be fabricated by the people who lived there and wrote the book for $$$$$$$$.

BlackC@t
That is ****ing awsome!

If they made the chemical stronger do you think it could actually bring the dead back to life.

Did the chemical make the people who breathed it in crazy?

BlackC@t
Told you it was based on a true case! mad

SlipknoT
So do they come back to life or just sit up

SlipknoT
Well the world wasnt over run with man eating zombies, just some gases making dead bodies move.

BlackC@t
That's why I said it was BASED on a true case.

Not an exact inactment of it.

Zilverz
that ROTLD story is straight fabrication .. was interesting read... let me take a hit of whatever you had that night typing it (:

BlackC@t
Oh, don't be so sketical.

papabeard
The Toolbox Murders is based on real life events

Silence of the Lambs was also inspired by Ed Gein's activities with buffalo bill making the skin suit.

and of course the Blair Witch Project

"it puts the lotion in the basket"

RavenNightstar
You can believe it if you want to, or not! The choice is yours! Of course the cops, or government, or whomever, would say it was made-up, because if something like that were found to be true, there'd be a sh*t load of questions to answer! But, I'm not pushing anyone to believe, and I'm just making conversation!

And you shouldn't smoke joints, that's not right! I find a bong works better! laughing Sorry, had to add that in!

papabeard
Dont belive the words of fools. question everything!

Dont smoke bongs suck the adrenaline directly out of someones gland.

RavenNightstar
papabeard - laughing Yes, you're right, question everything, and right out of the glands is better than anything!

Napalm
Allright listin kids ed gein had movies "Scilence of the lambs" "Psycho" and "The texas chainsaw massecer" done after him also there was a flick called "Ed Gein" based on him

RavenNightstar
Exactly!

eggmayo
Just sit up, or move one arm or something. Its either when the gas moves with such force that it moves the body or the brain sends one last electronical impulse to the body.

Napalm
Id probally crap myself if I saw that happen

eggmayo
yes

Napalm
I would probally think it was a zombie and run off

eggmayo
Or hit/stab it in the head with the nearest object

RavenNightstar
laughing I would have loved to have seen the mortician's face when it happened!

BlackC@t
Did anybody inhale the Trioxen?

BREN
yeah me yesterday was ok but nasty after taste,lmao
can some 1 show me confirmation that is not complete bullshit please e.g a web site ?

tpaquin
The Grudge was based on the life of Michael Jackson.

BREN
hahahahaha lmao i take it he was the ghost?

papabeard
what does iamo mean?

BlackC@t
Laughing My Ass Off.

Did anybody inhale the Trioxen? what happened to them?

RavenNightstar
I'm not really sure, to tell you the honest truth! I'd have to check that out! If I find anything, I'll definitly let you know!

papabeard
10 Rillington Place, was based on real events.

papabeard
RavenNightStar your sig looks and moves like my butthole after a particularly hot curry laughing laughing laughing

RavenNightstar
papabeard - What? My Star? laughing I haven't heard that one yet, and I've heard alot of weird things about it! Maybe I should change it!

What's 10 Rillington Place about?

BREN
10 rillington place is a true story about john reginald christie a british murderer in london,based post war christie played here by Richard Attenborough,was a serial killer and an opertunist 1 at that the film is quite haunting,disturbing in parts but well worth watching smile

RavenNightstar
Wow, I'm going to check that out! Thanks, you guys!

eggmayo
Is that the guy that hid bodies in the walls?

dean7879
yeah...ive saw this movie..its quite chilling

tabby999
John Wayne Gacey hid bodies in the walls too

dean7879
didnt he hide them in the floor?

tabby999
a little from coloum A a little from coloum b

RavenNightstar
eek Being buried alive is my second worst fear! To die buried in a wall or the floor...death

Those poor people! rip

Wolfman127
Originally posted by BlackC@t
White Noise has real EVPs.

There's another Ghost movie that was based on a real case.

'The Return of the Living Dead' was based on a real case. Damn it! I wanna breathe in that Trioxin!

Dioxin is DDT. Trioxin would be a derivative of dioxin, except that the third molecule won't stick, therefore trioxin could never exist. Yeah biology majors

Wolfman127
Originally posted by RavenNightstar
Return of the Living Dead
It was based on actual events, however they weren't really zombies! The Trioxen (true name, changed for movie) leaked from the canisters that were being kept in an old morgue. It leaked into the air ducts & such. Trioxen just (as eggmayo said) restores cell life, causing them to fire up! So, when this happened, the corpses in the morgue began to move about, and a few actually got up from the tables, but only took a few steps.
The Trioxen made it's way to the shallow graves that were behind the morgue. Because the people were buried so shallow, the constant moving of their bodies created the effect that they were pushing out of the ground! happy Did a project on it in school!

You're a horrible horrible liar

BlackC@t
Nope.

I asked my science teacher about the chemical. He said there was a chemical like that and there was a chemical spill a few years back.

It would be so cool if there was a Trioxen chemical which bought the dead back. I'd love to inhale it and become a zombie.

Sure, they'd be a few hours of pain but scarifices must be made cool

KilledForLove
"The Silence Of The Lamps"
"Psycho"
"Texas Chainsaw Massacre"
.......................................Inspired By Ed Gein ..

"Natural Born Killer"
.......................................Inpired By Charles Starkweather and Caril Fugate in the late 1950's

"Hannibal"
......................................Dr. Hannibal Lecter is based on Albert Fish

Basicly "Almost" Every Horror Film Is Based On Serial Killers ...

Ps : "The Blair Witch Project " Was not inspired by real occurances . Stop saying that . The Blair Witch Project Was Inspired by Cannibal Holocaust .. a 1980 Cannibal Movie ..."Cannibal Holocaust is the story of a film crew that disappeared in the jungles of South America while shooting a documentary on tribal cannibalism. One year later, their footage was found and brought back to America. Sound Familiar ? .. All The "Based On A True Story" lies is for publicity ..

Wolfman127
Nope.

I asked my science teacher about the chemical. He said there was a chemical like that and there was a chemical spill a few years back.

It would be so cool if there was a Trioxen chemical which bought the dead back. I'd love to inhale it and become a zombie.

Sure, they'd be a few hours of pain but scarifices must be made cool

And you are a lying idiot

Azrael01
To make a zombie requires:

* one freshly, almost dead, person (see below)
* some human bone and flesh
* several varieties of exotic plants
* a few reptiles
* one type of worm
* a centipede
* a special type of spider
* a puffer fish
there BlackC@t now you can become a zombie if you go to Hati or somewhere where they practice voodoo

skurge
something tells me there might be some truth behind the meaning of the movie Phantasm...the TALL MAN lives!

Darth Odious
That it was real no expression... Of course it is. I can't count how many zombies I see walking around, going through the motions, Talking on their cell phones, they're everywhere. Hell I'm one of them.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Wolfman127
And you are a lying idiot

You better watch your tongue, boy. You better watch it!

phoenix87
Another Film Based on Truths is "When a Stranger Calls" but is is pretty crap. and of course "ted Bundy" thats a good one i reccon.

Wolfman127
You better watch your tongue, boy. You better watch it!

You make up unbelievable lies. I did nothing but state a fact.

Ketchuptome
Texas Chainsaw Masscre was based on a true event.

LifeIsKillingMe
From Hell is based on a real occurance. so is TCM

PRO-PAIN
Gremlins
Basket Case
Bride Of Chucky
Friday The 13th Part 8 Jason Takes Manhattan
Freddy VS Jason
The Ring
Scary Movie 1,2,3
Scream 1,2,3
It
Underworld
Wishmaster

And if you believe that like some of the other gullible people in this thread, I have some underwater pressurised cabins on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean for sale....Only $2000 a piece, that's a steal.
whistle

wazz
SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT ZOMBIES PLEASE PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!sad

Morbid4Daniel
wazz, hush.
The Amityville Horror, and I believe its true.

ladygrim
Originally posted by LifeIsKillingMe
From Hell is based on a real occurance. so is TCM

From heel is minyed ....but i think putting a face to the killer is wrong.... well its nota face more than a theory

freddyisalive
zombification is real but its voodoo i saw it it makes you dead for like hours and then you come back not craving blood or any thing but in africa they do that so some like witch people do that to people and like hours later go to there grave and un dig it and make them there slaves its true it has some thing to do with the puffer fish i know that that makes you have all the syptoms of a dead person for like some hours!

el barto_1
henry: portrait of a serial killer

papabeard
Has anyone said that this Return of the Living Dead being true is B"llsh!t, or is this Blackcat character joking,or is she trying to start some kind of internet rumour,I cant be arsed to read anymore.

Trioxin is the name used for the chemical in the film and the story Blackcat is espousing is the story of the film, but it is not based on true events...its written by Dan OBannon ask him!
hysterical

bluesfan
i cant think of the name of the movie right now i'm having a brain fart but it stars matthew mcconaughey who hears voices as goes around and kills people the irony is the people he killed are all bad people he says god told him to do it- anyway one of the writers or directors dont remember which one was cleaning out his attic and found old newspaper clippings of "gods hand killer" so they made a movie based on true events if i remember the name of the movie i will post for you but it was a great movie

papabeard
No way ......, it was called Frailty and I was just about to post that it was based on true events........freaky eek!

Thoma5
Originally posted by eggmayo
How much of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is based on the real life murderer Ed Gein?

Despite being heavily touted as "inspired by a true story," both Tobe Hooper's original 1974 film and the 2003 Marcus Nispel remake are only lightly based on the real-life murderer Ed Gein, who is suspected to have taken several victims between 1954 and 1957. Perhaps the most recognizable similarity is the film's house, whose gruesome content was similar to that found in Ed Gein's home (above right) in 1957.
Did the real Ed Gein ever wear a human's face as a mask like Leatherface did in the film?
The real Ed Gein did wear a human's scalp and face. The real Ed Gein did this however, to help quell his desire to be a woman, not because of a skin disease as with Leatherface in the film. Also included in his uniform, Ed Gein wore a vest of skin complete with breasts and female genitalia strapped above his own. -carpenoctem.tv

Did the real Ed Gein use a chainsaw to kill his victims?

No, both of Ed Gein's identified victims, Mary Hogan and Bernice Worden, were shot with a pistol. In November of 1957, police found Bernice Worden hanging from the rafters in a shed behind Gein's house. Her body had been gutted like that of a deer, and the head had been removed. Ed Gein was also the suspect in several other missing persons. The element of the chainsaw that was added for the film's story once again emphasizes the loose connection of the film to Gein. -carpenoctem.tv

I tink Ed Gein is a pervert and a sick man....

BaronOBeefDip
What's wrong with being a pervert?

Thoma5
Lol

japanesey_bee
Reguarding Zombies & Trioxin:
(I found this from google-ing return of the living dead wikipedia)

Trioxin (aka 2,4,5-trioxin) is a fictional nerve agent featured in the Return of the Living Dead movies. It is shown as a greenish or whitish vapor, typically stored under pressure in large steel drums. It was originally created by the United States military as an herbicide to destroy marijuana plants; however, the Army was quite surprised when the gas also restored life to cadavers, dismembered body parts, and even dead animals and insects. Moreover, trioxin appears to be toxic, and a single exposure can both kill a person and revive him again.

"Zombies" created by exposure to trioxin retain all of their former intelligence and abilities, including the abilities to speak, run, and reason. Like normal cadavers, they suffer the effects of rigor mortis, which they naturally find extremely painful. They also crave human brain; one zombie explains that they require endorphins found in the brain to stave off the pain of being decomposing cadavers. Trioxin zombies cannot be killed by normal means or by damage to the brain. The only known ways to destroy zombies created by trioxin are by incineration or electrocution.

Though a volatile gas, 2,4,5-trioxin is fairly stable, and can withstand temperatures in the thousands of degrees. Attempts to cremate trioxin-spawned zombies typically release trioxin gas into the air, where it may contaminate rainclouds and fall to the ground. If the contaminated rainwater falls over a cemetery, it can potentially reanimate every corpse interred there.

According to the Return of the Living Dead series, trioxin was the cause of an incident on which the "fiction" movie Night of the Living Dead was based. Since the zombies created by trioxin could not be killed with a shot to the head, unlike the zombies in the film, they were stored in sealed drums for two decades. In Return of the Living Dead III, it is revealed that the U.S. military is deliberately experimenting with trioxin in an effort to create zombie supersoldiers.

2,4,5-trioxin is based in part on Agent Orange, a real-life defoliant used by the Army during the Vietnam War. The two chemicals share a number of similarities: both were used against plants by the United States Army during the 1960s, and both proved to have horrifying side effects. One of the two chemicals used to produce Agent Orange is called 2,4,5-Trichlorophenoxyacetic acid. Agent Orange also contained chemicals known as dioxins.

2,4,5-trioxin should not be mistaken for the real chemical trioxin, which is used by morticians to repair cells and maintain a corpse's contours after postmortem tissue constriction.

Also, Amityville Horror is not based on a true story (someone else wrote this previously!) It is completely fictional and was created by the author and the family as a way to bring in some cash!

Happy Dance

Kelly_LS
Apparently the events of ROTLD took place in Kentukey, I'll have to research the subject a bit more.

I'll be back soon!
Kentukey?

....Kentucky..

Leathergien

danebramage i think you should look more into your facts!

first. parts of ROTLD are real, the government worked on and still are trying to make it better, a chemical that restarts the body, and makes it twitch and move but not as euquipted as a living human.

Second. The amittyville horror was real!!....it was in the news paper!! and people are able to be possessed....and you cant disagree with facts! Actually! In This book written about the house in it says that a fire started inside the house and it went out it self the guy inside was phoning the police and by the time he was going to hang up it went out! and in the news paper! it says that there was a family and it got killed by the dad/brother or w.e and they actually had the bodies of the family in the morgue! no paper would lie about a family dieing they would have to know and see the facts!!

but you are right about the first movie made about him "psycho"

Th3 Jok3r
Actually amittyville was based on actual events and as far as sites go to prove these findings all you have to do is check wickepedia if something is found to be not true they take it off

more movies based on actualities are the vanishing,the entity,polterghiest (i know it was cheesy and crap but none the less loosly based on actual events),zodiac,helter skelter not horror but scary to think those people could be your neighbors there is another ghost movie about a guy who hits this girl and she passes out....yada yada..he puts he in a car and pushes it in the water...yada yada she wasnt dead but comes back yrs later to haunt him and the buddies that helped him it is loosley based on actual events and yes the guys were haunted for real but never hurt

BackFire
Amittyville was based on a lie. It's been admitted.

Impediment
Yup. George and Kathy Lutz admitted that they made it all up.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Napalm
Allright listin kids ed gein had movies "Scilence of the lambs" "Psycho" and "The texas chainsaw massecer" done after him also there was a flick called "Ed Gein" based on him

Not only those films, but two others....

"Deranged" was also based on Ed Gein. The character's name in the film is Ezra Cobb, but is very closely based on Gein. Excellent film by the way...well worth tracking down.

Also, a film called "Three on a Meathook" was also based on Ed Gein.

Faith27
The Amityville Horror was also based on real story..I was rally scared with Ryan Reynolds character.

General G
Originally posted by BackFire
Amittyville was based on a lie. It's been admitted.

danigirl9170
Ok...The Amityville Horror is based on the actual murders of the DeFeo family by their oldest son, Ronald Joseph "Butch" DeFeo Jr, who on November 13, 1974, shot and killed both parents and his four siblings. DeFeo then ran into a local bar screaming for someone to help him....he thinks that his mother and father had been shot. He attempted to blame a mob hit-man named Louis Falini for the murders but confessed after inconsistencies in his story came out.

George and Kathy Lutz are the names of the characters in the Amityville Horror movie...who were portrayed by James Brolin (George Lutz) and Margot Kidder (Kathy Lutz)..the priest was Rod Steiger who played Father Delany.

I was able to see this house and meet the previous owners in the late 80's while on vacation with my family. We were visiting family in upstate New York and were taken on a tour of local haunts by an elder male cousin, who grew up about 40 miles from Amityville.

There were NO voices, NO spectral visits, NO demonic forces, NO blood oozing from the walls, and NO portal to Hell in the basement.

This was an act of unmeasurable horror during the 70's that was the work of one disturbed young man who suffered from an antisocial personality disorder and abused Heroin and LSD. DeFeo is currently serving 6 consecutive sentences of 25 to life at Green Haven Correctional Facility in Beekman, NY...a maximum security prison.

His DIN number with the New York State Department of Correctional Services is 75A4053.

danigirl9170
This is the mug shot of Ronald Joseph DeFeo, Jr. when he was booked on the murders of his family members. This is who the Amityville Horror is based on.

Kelly_Bean
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was based off of a man named Edward Gein (or however you spell it). This has probably already been discussed but I am not going through all 6 pages. stick out tongue

BackFire
It's been discussed before, if not in this thread than in others.

There's barely any basis in TCM from that guy. Like, the only thing is some furniture made from skeletons and body parts, and the mask of human flesh.

He's also the 'basis' for Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs and Norman Bates in Psycho, both very loosely.

Röland
I got in an argument with a kid at my school because he kept insisting TCM was an actual event. I tried to tell him that the movie was based off of Ed Gein's murders and acts, but he wouldn't listen. *sigh*

BackFire
It happens regularly.

Partly the fault of many little word-of-mouth urban legends. You often hear someone say "My dad's friend's brother's second cousin works with someone who knows someone who met someone who works at the insane asylum where they're keeping leatherface". And you go "Nah, it's not real". Best to just laugh it off and make sure they know that they're idiots.

Kelly_Bean

Espantada23
cold

BackFire
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yeah, it was really loosely based. Ed Gein basically just f*cked dead corpses and stuff like that. He reminds me of BackFire. stick out tongue

My dick is bigger, though.

nessa4life
Rose red was actually based on some true events but its not really called rose red its call Winchester Mansion. its a big tour attraction in San Jose Cali, But there are still some rooms that they do not allow people in...bc those are the rooms with the most ghost interaction for the safety of the ppl.....the winchesters only has 1 child a daughter annie but she died a few weeks after she was born....She went to a physic and the physic did say you will die when you say the house is completed...But when she finally died the house was still never finished and even as of today the house is still unfinish.

deathbycorn
Stuart Gordon's Stuck - Based on the true story of a drugged-out medical worker running down a homeless man and keeping him stuck through her car windshield, bleeding to death, in her garage.

The Alphabet Killer - The new film from the director of Wrong Turn is based on the true story of the double initial killings in Rochester, NY.

Ils aka Them - The true story in which the film was based upon involved an Austrian couple that was murdered by three teenagers in their vacation home in The Czech Republic.

The Strangers - Based on the same true story as Ils.

A l'interieur aka Inside - Based on several cases where babies have been stolen out of their mothers stomaches.

Other ones include; Open Water, Sweeny Todd, From Hell, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

BackFire
I believe The Strangers is very loosely based on the Manson killings.

A Dose Of Vraya
I recently watched the devil's rejects and was wondering if it is based on a true story. It seemed very real to me.

tylerTOXICITY
Originally posted by KilledForLove

"Natural Born Killer"
.......................................Inpired By Charles Starkweather and Caril Fugate in the late 1950's

Yeah.
I remember the movie Starkweather.
Was a good one.
And! true.

tylerTOXICITY
And A Dose Of Vraya
No, It wasn't.
But the first one "House of thousand corpses" was based on events in Ohio.

Where a truck stop owner took people on a ride.
Brutally murdered them inside.
Them buried them.

deathbycorn
If House of 1000 Corpses is based on a true story, I must be Elvis.

That shit would just never happen. Dr Satan? Fishboy? No way.

alicia-marie
The Strangers - Very loosely based on the extremely famous Manson murders.
Plus I just have to say that some of things I have read here are so outlandish that I'm not surprised that certain people were taken in by them. But seriously........

oztionsuxs
"story behind the movie Rose Red. The first part of the six-hour mini series shows how Stephen King came to attention of creating the movie. It told us that Stephen King was inspired by Rose Red mansion's past after Dr. Joyce Reardon from Beaumontuniversity found the diary of Ellen Rimbauer. We all know that the ghost story isn't true but what story actually told us was that "Stephen King inspired the Rose Red mansion and lead to the making of the movie" leaving numerous viewers to believe that Rose Red mansion actually exist in Seattle."

Rose Red is the first script that horror master Stephen King worked on after the devastating car accident that nearly ended his life. As King worked on the script, he saw an opportunity to craft it into a miniseries, allowing him to explore in greater depth the story of the mysterious house, its former inhabitants and the disparate group assembled to investigate the house's powers. The result is a three-part, six-hour miniseries created directly for television and brought to you by the same team that made the popular Storm of the Century two years ago."

This is from Beaumont University website. misleading people as if the diary really exist. It does, but many people don't know that the whole diary was a hoax. Many copies of the book "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer, My life at Rose Red" were sold, with majority of buyers believing that Ellen Rimbauer was the one who wrote it.

Beaumont University doesn't even exist. Who put the website there and why? The website looks legitimate and there are many people out there who cannot distingush credible information from a website.

Is this all the work and art of the one person named "Stephen King"? Did he actually think that by telling people "this movie is based on some true facts", although not a single thing was true, would entertain people?

Many people were lost and wondering, some very curious to find the mansion and some even went to Seattle to find the mansion.
This website also tried to explain and as you'll see that there are many wondering emails asking the truth about Rose Red and the family of Ellen Rimbauer.

as far as im aware if king wrote it , its fiction
i dont know if its real or not ,i just found this online

but as for house with a 1000 corpses ,the second part of this series is awesome
"the devils rejects" ,100x's better than 1000 corpses
scary if it is based on real life (reportedly based on real events)

anyone seen wolf creek ,its supposed to be based on real life events

Evil Dead
1. there was a discussion about bodies sitting up on a previous page. This isn't caused by gasses. The only thing caused by internal gas is the bloating of the corpse. Bodies twitch and move do to rigor, the tightening of the muscles (and therefore tendons). This is how you volountarily move your body, you intentially tighten and loosen muscles to acheive the desired movement. same thing.

2. Danigirl.....the Amityville Horror is not based on the Defeo murders. It is based on the later admitted to be fabricated story of the Lutz' who owned the house later. As a matter of fact, DeFeo murders happen in Amityville 2. Perhaps you are getting your movies mixed up. If you want to say that Amityville Horror 2 is based on a true story, ok........but the Amityville Horror is based on a book about the Lutz' who later admitted to fabricating the entire thing.

3. I am not a dead corpse and must agree that Backfire's dick is bigger. He's packin' a hog on him.

jinXed by JaNx
Exorcism of Emily Rose

oh yeah, can't forget about Blair witch Project.

liebe911
I love these types of movies too, They are just awesome to watch. Evil Dead was the first horror movie which took my brains out.

Kazenji
The events of Evil Dead actually happen ?

jinXed by JaNx
no, but the place they filmed the movie is actually haunted, supposedly.

Mantug61
There are a lot of Horror movies that are out there that are based on real occurances. I think that this ends up making it that much scary to the audience. It is somethign that could actually happen to them.

My Good Old Life

BADGALcharlie26
The exorcism of emily rose,
Texas chainsaw massacre,
The atmitville horror,the exorcist
Just a name a few that am based on true events.

Mindset
Originally posted by BADGALcharlie26
The exorcism of emily rose,
Texas chainsaw massacre,
The atmitville horror,the exorcist
Just a name a few that am based on true events. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is fake

Micky Ess 09
The Entity

Dont think ive seen that mentioned so far
The Entity was based on the true story of Carla Moran who was apparently raped and sexually abused over and over by a crazed ghost

Blinky
Originally posted by Mindset
Texas Chainsaw Massacre is fake

Yeah but it's BASED on the wonderful things Mr. Gein did.

wicker_man
Some Kind of Monster by Metallica

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.