Funny sporting comments

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
We must have had 99% of the game. It was the other three per cent that cost us the match.' - Ruud Gullit

We didn't underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought"

Well, Clive, it's all about the two M's. Movement and positioning" - ron atkinson (football commentator)

There are two ways of getting the ball. One is from your own team-mates, and that's the only way"

big grin

Dr. Strangelove
In response to a quote by Jeremy Roenick.

"I didn't hear what Jeremy said, because I had my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears" Patrick Roy

baracustastic
For those of you watching in black and white, spurs are in yellow.

T.M
Ian Rush said "moving from Wales to Italy is like moving to a different country"

blink

dean7879
ian rush also said ''I couldn't settle in Italy, it was like living in a foreign country.'

dean7879
Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry

I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

We lost because we didn't win.' - Ronaldo

'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona.' - Mark Draper

I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right.' - Lee Hendrie

T.M
lol

baracustastic
"a little of the head of Maradona, a little of the hand of God." - Diego Maradona.

Very funny man that bloke

Myth
I don't remember the exact quote but PJ Carlisimo's first national game that he was in the booth was a Knick game. At half time, he said, "Sprewell is just strangling the other team out there."

dean7879
A game is not won until it is lost" - david pleat

Winning isn't the end of the world" - david pleat

dean7879
What will you do when you leave football, Jack - will you stay in football?"
(STUART HALL, Radio 5 Live)

I would not say he is the best left winger in the Premiership, but there are none better."
(RON AKTINSON in a TV interview)

I never make predictions, and I never will."
(PAUL GASCOIGNE)

dean7879
If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again."
(TERRY VENABLES)

Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve."
(JOHN GREIG)

It's headed away by John Clark, using his head."
(DEREK RAE)

You have got to miss them to score sometimes."
(DAVE BASSETT)

dean7879
Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer

I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat."
(RON ATKINSON)

The minute's silence was immaculate, I have never heard a minute's silence like that."
(GLENN HODDLE)

Dr. Strangelove
"put a jersey on... put a jersey on, or win some more games" Warren Sapp shouted at Green Bay Packers coach Mike Sherman after Sherman got pissed off at Sapp for a cheap hit on a Packer player.

ElectricBugaloo
None of you quoted Yogi Berra? For shame.

"This is like deja vu all over again."

"You can observe a lot just by watching."

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."

"90% of the putts that are short don't go in."

"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."

"I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."

"It's never happened in the World Series competition, and it still hasn't."

"I'd say he's done more than that." -- When asked if first baseman Don Mattingly had exceeded expectations for the current season.

T.M
i would write some of the great Sid Waddell's but unfortuanatly i don't have a clue what he talks about most of the time lol

one he said was "He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave."

to see more click here

Joker1237
Ezzard Charles winning the title by 15 round points vs Jersey Joe Wallcott

Reporter,

So Ezzard, When did you think you had the fight won???

Chalres

When the bell rang, and the judges award the fight in my favor. lol

Myth
Just post quotes from sports figures or about sports:

"The opera ain't over until the fat lady sings" - Dick Motta (Grandpa of a close friend of mine)

Deano
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322653&highlight=comments

beat ya to itbig grin

Dexx
that's right, he did..merging

Myth
Damn, no wonder searching for "quotes" didn't work, it was under "comments."

Deano
so what quotes out of the ones posted did u find the funniest?

Myth
I still love PJ saying that Sprewell was strangling the opponents.

Deano
There are two ways of getting the ball. One is from your own team-mates, and that's the only way"

laughing

Dexx
Originally posted by Myth
Damn, no wonder searching for "quotes" didn't work, it was under "comments."
medal of honor for trying, though stick out tongue

whirlysplat
Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Atlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana!!! Maggie Thatcher. Can you hear me Maggie Thatcher? Your boys took one hell of a beating. Your boys took one hell of a beating."

"Norwegian football commentator made after Norway's unexpected victory against England in September 1981."

You can hear it for yourself at http://www.btinternet.com/~alexc/chelsea.htm

whirlysplat
Cricket

"The bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey" attributed to BBC commentator Brian Johnston.

perhaps one of the best pieces of commentary of all time ;D .........

" A cricket pitch is much like a mini-skirt. Tempting what it shows, but vital what it conceals. "

- indian cricket commentator (name escapes me). said during the india tour to NZ about a year and a half ago.

whirlysplat
Motty at Euro '96 just after Germany had subbed thier strikers said "I wonder if this new pairing will do any better, Kuntz." ;D ;D ;D

He's so happy - he looks like a dog who's just won a year's supply of Bonio!" - Sid Waddell

"And where were the germans? but frankly, who cares?" - Barry Davies

And because it's topical...

"OOH! That was a reacher! he's got his Spotter's badge!" - Big Ron

more quality Sid waddell comments:-

"Bristow reasons... Bristow quickens... aaah, Bristow." ;D

"Even Hypotenuse would have trouble working out these angles"

"Shumachers on his 198th race, so in two races time he'll be on his about 200th" - Martin Brundle

Martin Brudle is God! Here is a website decicated to his great one liners: - http://www.brundle.free-online.co.uk/

Myth
Barkley at All-Star 2004 after Beyonce performed, "I have nothing against gay people, but after seeing Beyonce, who would want to be gay?"

DanZeke25
This isnt really a sporting comment, but it has to do with sports. Its from Connan O Brian

"Yeah, George Steinbrenner has a horse in the Kentucky Derby this year. Yeah. Apperently he's expected to lose and blame it on pitching."

laughing

Deano
Tell the Kraut to get his ass up front. We don't pay a million for a guy to hang around in defence."
NY Cosmos executive, on Beckenbauer's positioning.
(beckenbauer is a defender btw)

laughing fukin priceless

typical yankstick out tongue

JacopeX
Wait wut did Mike tyson say about him bein the toughest man in the world and he'll eat youre kids

Myth
"I'll eat your children." laughing

JacopeX
http://tabmok99-2.mortalkombatonline.com/kombat_pavilion.html

The mike tyson MK fight. at the end he makes his infamous speech laughing LMAO

Myth
That site is great! Although I haven't found the Tyson one yet.

GCG
'It's headed away by John Clark, using his head.' - Derek Rae

'If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.' - David Coleman

'And with just 4 minutes gone, the score is already 0-0.' - Ian Darke

'McCarthy shakes his head in agreement with the referee.' - Martin Tyler

'Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer.' - David Acfield

'Sporting Lisbon in their green and white hoops, looking like a team of zebras.' - Peter Jones

'Forest have now lost six matches without winning.' - David Coleman

Interviewer: 'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionally on the left side.'

'I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet.' - David Beckham

'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' - David Beckham

'One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best.'
- Alan Shearer

'I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona.' - Mark Draper

'Winning doesn't really matter as long as you win.' - Vinny Jones

"We'll have more football in a minute, but first we have highlights of the Scottish League Cup final."
- Gary Newbon, the question is - was it intentional?

JacopeX
"I was gonna rip his heart out. Im the best eva, im the most brutal, most vicous, and most ruthless champion that theres eva been. Theres no one that could stop me. Im Alexander, hes no alexander im the best eva, there nobody who eva been this ruthless. Im that sensitive that no one than santa claus. Theres no one that can match me, My style is impetious and my defence is impregnible, Im jus furocious, I wanna eat ya heart, I wanna eat ya children."

MIKE TYSON

laughing laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.