Batman vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
So Batman may be a much better fighter but Wolverine has the upperhand with the adamantium.

uQifg2WV
Magnet. On to the next thread.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, Batman is a master of tactics, stratagy and has all those remarkable gizmos, but Wolverine is a hunter, would Batman be able to hid in the Shadows?

jinzin
if by hide in the shadows,you mean get his ass gutted than yes I suppose he could.

Havoc470
................... laughing laughing laughing

who?-kid
This has been discussed already. Wolverine still wins, Batman has not enough power to hurt Wolverine.

(Do I hear somebody whisper preptime ? I sure don't hope so...)

uQifg2WV
My god, all me needs is a giant frickin magnet. Game over.

Havoc470
thats probably the stupidest prep-time idea i've ever heard in a batman battle topic....because you know in a random battle batman always has a huge 2 ton magnet in his utility belt.......

who?-kid
Lol laughing

Cosmo Kramer
he has everything in that belt.

mr.smiley
wolverine if they just happened to meet.
if batman could plan for it then batman.

Cosmo Kramer
DD beat Wolverine! (without preptime)

Havoc470
when was that?

...damn that 2 ton magnet idea is still lingering in my mind

Mainstream
Batman could take him. Wolverine is somewhat overrated.

jinzin
Overwritten is more like it. But seriously he'd waist batman so fast.

Mainstream
C'mon jinzin! Batman smarter and more skilled! If Batman gets even half a chance Logan is finished dude!

Mr_Famous
If DD could beat him, then Bats can too.

jinzin
yeah well bane can beat bats' reaper beat bats, ninjas have given bats more than a run for his money, as well as killer croc. Wolverine would've killed batman or bane as soon as look at them, he Beats hordes and hordes of ninjas on a regular basis, and he has defeated killer croc without so much as a wound.
Batman is tough, he's one of my favorite comic book characters and "with enough prep time" he could probably beat more than 60 to 70% of the entire hero/villian population, but even people who go hunting for wolverine knowing full well what he's capable of and what abilities he possesses get messed up when wolverine gets pissed off. batman can't beat him in a straight up fight, everyone agrees that wolverine would rock cap if he didn't have his sheild and that's just what batman doesn't have. Since batman and cap are basically equal in abilities etc,,,,then one would assume that wolverine would mop the floor with him. So what if batman's one of the best hand to hand fighters ever, so is sheng chi in his respective universe and wolverine bested him in about 4 moves 9forgot which comic that was, but it definitely happened). DD beat wolverine, good for him, but you gotta be out of your mind if you think dd can do that on a regualr basis, for all intents and purposes he's just a normal guy and has no defense from being gutted like a fish. same as batman. Claiming that bats s more skilled really isn't a good argument either, if he is move for move with the cap than wolverine isn't far behind him, Wolverine is basically in the league that the caps is at, not entirely, but his adamantium, claws, and healing factor more than level the playing field here.
The truth of the matter is this, the fight's totally circumstantial. If bats has prep time (a lot of it) he'll probably take logan down no problem, but if they meet in an een semi-straight up brawl,,,,,,,he...won't....win.
end of story.

srankmissingnin
Deadpool doesn't have a single sound win over Wolverine (there was that one time when he had a team), the opposite isn't true. Wolverine is a step above Batman in every way, excluding intelligence but not combat skill or experience.

uQifg2WV
He could get a giant frickin magnet with the amount of money spent on his dinner each day. He more than likely has one just incase someone covered inmetal comes around. He is always prepared.

uQifg2WV
But he does suck. Also how many times has he pulled out a new invention from his ass.

Cipher
This is a tough one but I think Batman would figure out something if he had any room to act.....

Imperial_Samura
Yes, if Batman was given the slightest bit of time to prepare he could come up with something to deal with Wolverine, who, despite being tough, is fare from invincible.

Havoc470
i hate all these prep time discussions, i consider all battles as random battles, not wolvie calling up batman and saying "hey im gonna come over, crack open my file and come to try and kick my ass.....how does 7pm tomorrow sound?"

............ill give you that he may have a magnet to pull a knife away from some bum or something, but having some sort of huge magnet in his utility belt strong enough to pull wolvie at the magnet is just stupid, not to mention that he'll have a maniac with indestructible claws coming at him at a pretty high speed

juggernaut74
How many times has Wolverine won fights he shouldnt have?

srankmissingnin
Not very often, I'd say he loses more fights to characters that can't compete... the Punisher comes to mind.

Havoc470
when did he lose to punisher? in that crappy garth ennis comic, where they both get "tired" of fighting

come on dude, first appearance was him fighting hulk

srankmissingnin
... The point of my post is that Wolverine fighting on even terms with the likes of the Punisher is crap, opposed to Wolverine fighting the Hulk being crap.

Heres the deal Wolverine is stronger, faster, more durable and arguably a better fighter the Batman. Since Bats has nothing on him normally that would even slow Wolverine down he loses.

Havoc470
oh okay i understand your post now, sorry i took it the wrong way

but yeah, wolvie would win this imo

juggernaut74
Batman has a powerful Magnet deal he carries with him that he can turn on and off I think. If this is true its a huge factor.

theflyxx
None of this prep time crap.

In a straight out meeting, Wolverine would eviscerate Brucie.

Havoc470
......okay so he could pull wolverine towards him?............what does that prove for batman, a quicker death?

juggernaut74
No he could throw it off a cliff and let him fall into a river or something and let him drown to death. Gotta be hard to swim with all of that steele in your body.

Havoc470
wolverine has adamantium in his body, i can assure he can swim, he has enhanced strength, and drowning cant kill him

bah, youre confusing me man lol

deathclock
Wolverine has enhanced healing and senses, not strength, nor speed.

In my view, batman is far superior in fighting ability, and as wolverine has lost time and again to superior martial artists...I'd give this to batman.

The whole magnet thing is a pretty funny thought though.

jinzin
Wolverine does have slightly above average strength, it's not superhuman granted, but it is enhanced. His speed may not be superhuman but he is one of the quickest non super humans in the MU, I think it's because he can constantly move at his pinicle pace longer than humans can due to his healing factor, but he is indeed very,very, fast. Wolverine loses to martial artists sure, but he learns from his battles to and the results seldom go the same way twice.

Cosmo Kramer
There was a Batman comic where he flung a tazer out of his belt. Wouldnt that paralyze Logan?

Havoc470
it wouldnt do much, just give him a shock and...well.....thats about it lol

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1160

how is batman far superior in fighting ability, wolverine takes out hundreds of hand ninja's every few story arcs, not to mention the hundreds of other enemies that completely out-class him, he's fought zaran, who is a step below shang chi, and won WHILE poisoned....theres no fact that proves batman has better fighting skill than wolvie, maybe in dc he has a strong fighting skill, but it looks like kindergarten crap in marvel

muffin man
sobatmanvs oh damn i haven't got a wolverine one
well I pick woverine

srankmissingnin
Listen to Havok470, he knows what he is talking about.

Cipher
I wasn't suggesting that Batman needed time to do research before the fight, just that if he had some breathing and a few seconds to think, he'd think of something........

Cipher
breathing room

Mainstream
Daredevil beat Wolverine? Where the F##K was I win this happened?

Mainstream
When did DD beat Logan dude?

srankmissingnin
The only time I can think of was when he hit Wolverine in the neck and down him for a few seconds (they weren't even fighting); that was in an Ennis book so....

Havoc470
yeah, it happened in a comic and theres no denying that, but ennis harasses wolverine and doesnt give the character any justice at all....not to mention daredevil's "ego" writers in SOME of his comics

srankmissingnin
Then,in the same story arc, Wolverine get punched across state lines by the Hulk... and he isn't even knocked out. Talk about two totally different ends of the spectrum.

BobbyD
Let's face it guys, these 2 are among the coolest heroes to root for, but I can't help but think what would happen to Bats WHEN Wolvie gets in close....and it would happen. Even if Bats could evade, kick, punch, pull something out of that utility belt...even if it was the proverbial "kitchen sink", and keep Wolvie off of him time and time again, he can't do that forever. Even Bats has to run out of toys to throw at him sometime. Wolvie needs just that one window, and "Oh no! I just killed Bats? Crap, he was one of the good guys. Oh well".

The only thing I could think of is if Bats has some sleeping gas or something that Wolvie could inhale that would knock him out? Does Bats carry that? If so, would Wolvie be resistant?

Rurounikeitaro
You guys are dumb. It's obvious that Batman would win. Wolverine isn't some 500 IQ smart guy with a bunch of money to do anything with. Batman could do some wacky thing like find Wolf boy's weak ness and whup his but like he would do to super. He could also magnatize his claws and beat him up, he could throw some deadly acid on him from his basement, he could do a bunch of things. Wolverine is a dumbass and Batman isn't. Oh by the way, Bat almost never gets beaten while I've seen wolfy get his but kicked lots of time in X evolution "against that fat guy too!!"

FujiFuu
I think is already established that this is a meeting of coincidence, and batman has no prep time to "magnatize his claws and beat him up." even say batman had some acid to throw at him from his basement(???) wtf will that do? wolverine can take punches from the hulk, he has probably been shot well over 1000 times, wtf is acid gonna do? burn his skin so it can heal in 20 seconds?

In a fight with no prep time, wolverine would killl batman, he is equal to if not above batman in fighting skill, and with healing powers, an indesctructable body. anything that batman throws at him, wolverine could take x100 with ease

theflyxx
What Bane did to Batman is nothing compared to what Logan would do.

Nathaniel Grey
Though Wolverine is without a doubt more over exposed these days than pervious days he's still underestimated. The man has a resume of hand to hand combat and training that stretches for well over half of a century! For those of you that don't know what a century is...that's 100 years. I mean the man has skills that would make Captain America blush at times. He's been in more wars and battles than any living X-Man and would more than likely dust Batman without a concious effort. His healing factor and indestructable Adamantium skeleton would more than likely assure him a victory. Batman's punches would be like little girl hits tapping at a 2 inch thick metal plate. So unless he gasses Wolverine with a VERY heavy toxin of some sort -- then he's just not going to make it.

Cosmo Kramer
Alright...thank you all for your interesting saggestions but thats all they are. I am going to finesh this fight off once and for all. Batman...he has no healing factor. Wolverine does... and has been shot several times where it would be fatal for most people. Therefore Wolverine should have died a long time ago. Now Batman on the otherhand obviosly has never been clumsy enough to get shot fatally while Wolverine has. That means that if Wolverine didnt have a healing factor or adamantium skeleton he'd just be another one of the 30 other dubm henchmen that dont even have a nametag that the superheroes always beat down with one punch before they face the actual villain. nuff said

Batman vs Wolverine= Wolverine
Batman vs. Logan= Batman

FujiFuu
dumbest thing I have ever heard, ur taking away wolverines powers thats the same as saying batman vs clark kent.... batman vs bruce banner.... batman vs hal jordan...
and btw, batman vs. logan, I would still give it to logan, cause he is equal and probably better then batman in skill. The only reason he has been shot so many times, is that he doesnt give a shit about being hit, and batman has been shot before also but he has some armor or some shit.... U can't take away someones powers to make the other guy win

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. The only chance Batman has is to evade Wolverine long enough to formulate some manner of plan... and really, Batman should be able to avoid him. If he lets Wolverine get close, then it would be all over bar the stitches... still, he does have a lot of chemicals in his belt that might make Wolvie woosy of maybe even render him unconscious for a time... alternatively he could just throw Robin at him in the hope Wolverine would fall into some power lines or something...

Paola
Sorry to interrupt you people but remember, respect others opinions, don't call anyone names.
Thank you.

Nathaniel, I love your sig! thumbsup

Cosmo Kramer
without his healing factor hes nothing

Punkyhermy
Batman will cream Wolvie.Wolvie has the strength but Bats got the moves.

srankmissingnin
Like 70 percent of the time healing factors of Marvel characters are on the fritz... they all seem to manage.

This is just a random Wolverine feat I like. Logan was teaching Kitty some eastern martial arts in the danger room. He was holding a cigar in each hand, he let them go, destroyed two robots with his bare hands and caught both cigars before they hand a chance to descend.

EDIT: Batman has moves all right but better then Wolverine? Doubtfull at best.

Cosmo Kramer
So true

Nathaniel Grey
Thanks, Paola. I'm diggin' yours too girl. wink

who?-kid
Has Batman enough power to take out Wolverine in a fist fight ? I doubt it... I think when it comes down to fighting, they're about equal (yes they are, Batman fans !. You can't throw away the decades of experience of Wolverine because you like Batman more),

Batman is of course more intelligent. True. But Wolverine is cunning too, he can do more than say "bub" and smoke cigars.

The best thing Batman can do, is fight Wolverine from a distance, and then he has a good chance of winning (nothing more). But when he comes too close... it will hurt... a lot.

Bardock42
batman is beyond pain he is the MAN, but Wolvie is sooooo harted to kill.

SarKastic_OJ
Hmmm...In a one on one all-out-brawl Wolverine is loads more durable and agile..Besides he has adamantium claws, healing factor, and animalistic speeds and attributes...He'd win the brawl for sure BUT going against Batman takes more than physical abilities, you have to have the intelligence to back it up...

One thing people seem to "overlook" about Bruce is his keen, clever, genius intelligence..Batman is not your "average" smart-guy, Batman is geniusly sociopathically "smart"..So manipulative when compared to a wild, rash, out-of-control wolverine..Wolverine is more of your attack first ask questions later kind of guy and often goes in way over his head without thinking out his enemies abilities..

Batman is more calm, passive, and calculate and "always" looks for weak points and tiny grains of a glitch in your armor..Batman in the end is just to intelligent for Logan to compete with(Not saying it won't be a good battle) but in the end we all know that logan won't just go ballistic and gut one of dc's flagship characters, it would be a good thought out battle and Batman's clever battle tactics would deem him the winner in my book...

srankmissingnin
Wolverine's berserker rage is compared to some one preforming a old medal Olympic routine while beating 2 super computers at chess simultaneously.

There is a difference between intelligence and battle tactics people, and it's not like Batman is fighting the Scorpion or anything.

ebosian
First of all, I'd like to apologize to the batman fanatics.
I think batman has amazing fighting ability but once again he is outclassed by someone with superability/power.

Batman is just your modern day MacGyver. Give him a paper clip and some string and I am sure someone will find a way for him to beat Juggernaut.

Cosmo Kramer
no way but I am sure Bullseye would

Punkyhermy
I don't know Wolverine inside out like I do Batman, so I may get some things wrong here.From my knowledge of Wolvie, and all this I gathered during a one time viewing of the X-men movies, Wolverine IS smart. But Batman is just SMARTER.Not to mention the fact that he knows atleast a hundred more methods to knowck someone out as compared to Wolverine, who's knowledge on the subject probably doesn't exceed beyond the standard 'push the metal protruding from my fists into the opponents flesh', something Batman would imeadiately notice and characteristically exploit. Also, since Wolvie doesn't do such a good job of keeping his temper at bay, Batman would just ignite that, so much to the point where Wolvie may even roar and tear uncoherently.
Batman wins.

theflyxx
Without his utility belt and indepth knowledge of various fighting styles, so is Batman.

Superman's nothing without his powers.

What's your point?

Rurounikeitaro
Hey, Batman is pratically undefeatable in hand to hand combat. Saying Login is equal or better to him is like saying Team Rocket can catch Pikachu.

Did you ask Login if he doesn't care about being hit by bullets? No wait, you can't. and he never even said that in the show so don't make up stuff.

FujiFuu
If batman and captian america are equal in hand to hand combat, then so is wolverine, and the "show" um..... what are u even talking about?
and punky hermy, wolverine in the movies isnt a skilled martial artist, unlike in the comics where someone stated earlier that he is routinely beating down tonnes of ninjas

Havoc470
yeah, the martial arts wolverine has portrayed against hundreds of ninjas (in so many story arcs) makes batmans martial arts look like 6 year old karate class

theres no fact that batman has superior martial arts skills, after all he has problems against two or three ninjas and wolvie has fought about 8 hand ninjas at the same time without a problem, then still having to slice his way through a hundred more

now people are suggesting to take away wolvies healing factor? i dont really want to read everything posted before the last few posts

Havoc470
he showed pretty decent tactics in the second movie, but its just stupid to base this on movie wolvie and all-around batman, just goes to show how the bat-fans want him to win......what next xmen evolution wolvie versus micheal turner/jeph loeb batman with handicaps?

dont get me wrong, i've actually been reading more and more batman and i've liked a select few comics (hush, as the crow flies, war drums), from what i've seen of these two characters wolverine definitely takes it with superior martial arts skills and tactics (imo)

Rurounikeitaro
Hey, who said Captain america was equal with batman. We know Wolfy's backround, we don't know much about Captain though. Captain could be Bruce Lee for all I know. "What do you mean "the show", where else can you find Wolf boy besides the comic smart guy?"

And this is why I only like anime, they don't have different people creating and drawing the stories 50 million times! There should only be one creator for every show!

Nightwing24
link boy above have no idea what hes talking about.wolverine could do a kamehameha at batman and take the win

Cosmo Kramer
Im just saying Batman has to actually avoid the bullets or hed die, while Wolverine has been hit where he should already. That makes Batman a much better fighter. So if anything Logans healing factor shows just how much worse he truly is than any other comic book character. Happy Dance

theflyxx
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.

Nathaniel Grey
ROFLMAO!! Agreed.

FujiFuu
Who says Captian america is equal with batman? The most recent JLA/avengers cross over, where they fight and batman says to captian america how they are even in battle. Also, I still don't understand why your saying show, if by show you mean comic, then I understand, but where I come from (Canada) show means television. Also, one other side fact "wolf boy" is improper, wolverines name is from wolf, its from the animal wolverine.....

Punkyhermy
Also...what exactly is the definition of victory here?Surely, for Batman, killing Wolverine or any of his opponents would not equal to anything close to the term victory. Wolverine, on the other hand is the kind of guy who wons by killing.They are two polar personalities, both with a different state of mind about victory.

So if Batman gets away unscathed, defeating Wolverine WITHOUT killing him, which Batman ofcourse is capable enough to do,Batman wins. And since Batman will get away without getting himself killed by Wolverine,Wolvie looses, while for Batman, it may be victory.

FujiFuu
If batman can incapacitate him long enough for wolverine not to get up 10 seconds later run him down and chop his head off, then sure he wins... this isnt if batman can run away before wolverine kills him then he wins... I still think wolverine would take it with or without claws.

Cosmo Kramer
No he wouldnt he would get knocked out in a second and then Batman would go take out fifty more henchmen just like him. Because without his powers he is not even wourthy to fight anyone from DC...those rich snobby bastards!

FujiFuu
Why are you refusing to accept that wolverine is probably more skilled in combat then batman, with or without his powers. It is obvious that you don't care how skilled wolverine is, or the very high likelyhood that he would beat batman, you're just trying to find ways that batman would beat him, because you don't look at facts, you only consider what you want.

Asian Hulk
Stop doing ths buster

BobbyD
Wow...so much angst in this thread. I think Punky said it best. Bats getting away unscathed would be a victory, and it is probably what WOULD happen SINCE THE WRITER wouldn't let the dark knight die. But writer interference notwithstanding, Bats would be the meat, tomato, or tin can on your next Ginsu commercial. I like Bats as much as the next guy because he is refreshingly human, not a suped up alien from out of this world, or some mutant.

Now to the real topic, and all you Bat lovin' wanne be drivin in his passenger seat of his bat mobile car: shut up!! You guys make me puke when you defend him from the most insane places of your brain.

The fight simply comes down to this: All Wolvie needs is that one window of opportunity before Bats pulls something out of his belt that would sudbue him (IFFFFF there's anything in there that could), or before Bats flees.

Yes, let us not forget that supreme intelligence also means you may flee to fight your opponent better another day, which Bats would probably do here, and makes the writer save face doing so too.

Someone please educate me about what Bats has in his belt that could slow or stop Wolvie.

DarkCrawler
Bah, Batman would just drive over Wolverine with his Batmobile until he would be unconscious.

BobbyD
Good on, Crawler. wink

who?-kid
Batman has taken so many bullets, hits, punches... you name it, that it's a miracle he's still able to walk. I'm beginning to wonder who the real mutant is...

And didn't it ever occur to you that from the moment some comic-hero gets himself a healing factor, you can bet your life that in the next comic he will be shred to pieces, or blown to pieces, only to heal himself in a spectacular manner (ask Hulk, or Juggernaut, or Lobo, or Wolverine, or Deadpool, or even Spider-Man).

Do you really think if Batman would have a healing factor like Wolverines', writers would still make him dodge bullets ? Hah, think again !

Havoc470
so if batman RETREATS, he wins....???? last time i checked that means running away from battle

for batman to retreat unscathed would mean for him to be at a rediculous distance and throw a snowball at wolvie....thats about as far as batmans fight would go before he retreats and ups the ante to a rock

BobbyD
Havoc, I know...sounds silly. But, there in essence sums up the fight in my opinion. Bats could flee and it would still be considered a victory? While someone like Wolvie would need a kill for it to be considered a victory? I think that says it all, and thus why most would say Wolvie should be able to carve up Bats like a Thanksgiving turkey. There's the proof!!

Again, Punky said all of this before me....gotta give my props where they're due.

I don't necessarily agree with this (the victorous outcomes), but I could see it this way. All the more futher, what if Wolvie flees? Which we all know would NEEEEEVVERRRRR happen. Why would he be considered the loser then? That's all the more ammo in this argument that says Wolvie should kill Bats. Yes, I mean homicide, murder, kill him.

Next, we will hear Batman fanboys say he can kill Thanos.

who?-kid
Wolverine isn't some psycho. He won't kill Batman, unless provoked, but otherwise, he won't go for the kill. He's a ferocious fighter with a strong killer instinct, but he's no bloodthirsty animal.

He's a very good fighter without his claws too.

srankmissingnin
When Wolverine's healing factor was on the fritz he dodged a great many of bullets because he could no longer afford to take them. But why wast your time dodging bullets, swords and thinks of the like if you don't have to. Superman could easily dodge all the bullets and missiles he's been hit with but it's a waste of time, so he doesn't.

MERCILOUS
Batman's too smart for this crap. First a few batarangs in all the wrong places (for wolvie) just to make him breath the gas harder and never see the flash bang grenade coming. Then Bats returns to squash wolvering under that giant coin he keeps in the cave.

Cosmo Kramer
Wouldnt you try to dodge harpoons even if you had a healing factor? Come on so what if your gonna heal you will still have to feel that horrible aganizing pain. I would really try hard to avoid yanking an arrow or dart out of my groin.

Nathaniel Grey
Wolverine is a veritable killing machine. His body and mind have been conditioned to be such by the CIA, Weapon X, Team X...etc. Why are we questioning his skill? Wolverine fought through the Spanish American War, World War I & II, Vietnam. He's been battle active for well over half a century and has had more training and battle experience than Captain America. If Batman could keep Wolverine at bay I could see the man having a chance at winning. But once Wolverine got in close enough -- it'd be over. I'm assuming as I do with all these fights that it's a random one on one meeting and that each is fighting with the tools and skills on hand. In that case I still say Wolverine. You can only keep him at arms length for so long and sometimes even a second is TOO long.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine as said more then once he likes pain... he is a wierdo

Max Spidey 24
woloverine got tooken out 5000 times in the comic by a couple knock out gas and batman has that in his belt the marjarity of the time

who?-kid
Most gasses don't work against Wolverine thanks to his healing factor, plain and simple. Only the strong stuff will have some effect.

I even saw Wolverine using teargas as a deodorant once.

Wynndar
Wolverine likes Beer too...maybe thats why i think he's so cool

snoopdogg
Well if they ever fought it wouldnt take Batsy long to figure out James Howlett. Once his claws pop out Batman will change his fight plan you guys know this. Thats what he does. Im pretty sure hell figure out he has a healing factor cause of metal popping out of his knuckles. I think I would anyways. Batman and him are equal in fighitng and I know this is dabatable but its really close. Batman is way smarter than James and the smarter fighter wins most of the time. Batman is smart enough to stay away from his claws. Im sure he has some kind of gadget to make quick work of James. I guess now you boys are gonna take me apart for posting my opinion now. Well bring it on.

The Flash
I'm going with Wolverine because I don't see anyway of Batman knocking Wolverine down.

goku-vs-superma
i'd have to say wolverine after the toughest battle in his life

Cosmo Kramer
Nah, id say a tougher fight is Wolverine vs. Lobo= Wolverine big grin

srankmissingnin
Or pick any random one of Wolverine's villains for a tougher fight, sheesh!

BobbyD
Mercilous, thank you....someone finally brought something up that I could see as evidence of a victory in Batman's favor.

But again, even if he did use some sort of gas, would Wolvie be resistant or no?

Joker1237
Maybe knock out Gas, I guessing Wolvie only heals when injure, Knockout gas puts you out, but does not hurt you.

crazyspinz
wolvie wins hands down, hes got way more experiance, just as god or better fighter, adimantium claws, and i highly doubt bats could even hurt wolvie

srankmissingnin
Wolverine has taken enough tranquilisers to put down 2 T-Rex... and he wasn't out for to long. If Batman had a gas on him that could take down Wolverine, it would kill most of his villians if he ever used it...

MERCILOUS
That's simply not true. Sounds like you need to read up.

Zahit
let's not forget: Wolverine is the most powerful character of all time
because his powers increase in direct proportion to his sales figures
and popularity.

radioboy121
Not true. His mortality has been somewhat integral for his popularity. Too powerful of characters sometimes tend to be less interesting.

Zahit
i'm being somewhat sarcastic.....Wolvie keeps getting more and more
overwritten the more "popular" he gets. Just because he's cool and
a lot of people love him is no reason to write a story where he beats
anyone....this is happening way too often. He can't beat people
with ungodly strength and durability like Hulk, Thing, Hercules, yet
he's always doing so lately....makes no sense.
example:
in the latest issue of Wolverine, he attacks the FF and put's The Thing down with ONE HIT.
Thing has consistently gone toe-to-toe with the Hulk.
The Thing can lift 85 tons.
Yet, Wolverine drops him with ONE SHOT.
C'mon.....that's just plain stupid.

Zahit
is anyone else here aware of how many times Wolverine has been
"amped-up" over the years?
his strength, healing, powers, have been consistently increased with
the sales and popularity of x-men.
it's really a shame, cause in my opinion, it ruins a really cool character.
marvel needs to stop beefing up characters based on fan-boy popularity.
i like comics for the writing, not popularity contests.
it was alluded that wolverine once beat hercules. totally stupid.
there was an issue of amazing spiderman where spidey beats up on
firelord. as much as a i LOVE spiderman, that's ridiculous.
under no circumstances can spidey beat a herald of galactus.
see what i mean.....

srankmissingnin
MERCILOUS, when Deadpool was hired to take down Wolverine with a bunch of of goons he shot Wolverine a bunch of times with tranqs that were said to be able to drop a T-Rex.

juggernaut74
This may sound stupid but once Batman finds out Wolvie has adamantium in his body I think he is smart enough to take advantage of the metal in his body. I dont know about you but if I was fighting Batman I dont think having metal would be a good idea. Remember Batsy has alot of toys and I think he might have something that can manipulate Magnetism.

Cosmo Kramer
Wolverine really isnt as powerful as you people think. Batman is an actual hero and fights off tons of super villains at a time, saves inocent people and is super rich. I like that Wolverine likes to kill though.

FrothByte
as much as i don't like bats (i almost never take his side in vs. fights), id give this fight to him. he's just a better fighter than wolvi, and logan fights too much of a berserker so he's gonna be dogfood for batman's brains.

Darth Subjekt
The first time that little rick boy tried to come close to Wolvie, he'd cut is bat loving ass in threes. He got shot in the head and got up....hes a mutant and Batman is mere mortal.By the time he figured out how to play with his adamantium, Wolverine would already have killed him.....my vote is Wolvie, obviously

jinzin
Wolverine would tear batman limb from limb like your annoying 2 year old cousin going to town on your "favorite, most collectible" action figure. Batman got beat by the reaper who was for all intents and purposes a very very old man. No powers whatsoever, just an old school ass kicking machine that took it to the bats, Wolverine is older and still in his prime! So obviously Wolverine would put bats through the ringer. Does that even make sense?!?!?! NO WAY! but this does.....
Wolverine is every bit as good a fighter as batman, if not better. Batman CAN beat wolverine, but in a chance encounter it's not likely. I don't think batman has ever encountered anyone or anything like wolverine before, so it's not like he would have a plan from the get go, he wouldn't even be able to tell logan had ahealing factor without straight up "WASTING" some of his tools to do so. As far as the metal in Wolverine,,,,,,short of the claws, well how the hell would bats know that wolverine's entire skeleton is laced with the stuff, it's not like he has x-ray vision, hell even if wolverine started monolauging about it, batman doesn't know what adamantium is, he would probably think logan was refering to some sort of disease. The reaper carved batman up like turkey and he was nowhere near the strength or speed of wolverine, he was a senior citizen for christ's sake. Sorry but if the batman puts up a fuss against a couple of ninjas or gangsters, I don't see how wolverine--------who takes on hundreds of both parties at any given time-- wouldn't beat him.
chack and mate,,,,,,mate.

Darth Subjekt
THANK YOU.....beautifully put.......Wolverine.

MERCILOUS
And they know this because they tried it on a T-Rex right? Didn't think so.

One loon reads one Batman comic and all of a sudden his opinion is valid? Here's that same screwey logic back at that guy.

Wolverine got his ass handed to him by Punisher, a guy who doesn't even have half of Batman's skill, so Wolverine should be no problem for him.

radioboy121
I don't remember that scene, but this might be just an elaboration, such as "this could take down an elephant" (as said by Warbird when he invaded the mansion and took down Jean with a dart tranquilizer). Also on the T-Rex, there are plenty in the Savage Lands. The quoter might not have been there, but just wanted to mention that.

Likewise, Punisher gave Spiderman trouble. Tell me this logic? Anyway, Wolverine has had his fair share of conquest against Punisher (one in a recent issue - Wolverine 170's), but why mention this fight anyhow? Punisher and Batman are not alike, so this is not a credible argument.

jinzin
it's true, oh and just for the record--- mericilous,,,,you're an ass. What the hell have I ever done that qualfies me as a loon hmmm?

Anyway, it's not screwy logic it makes sense. Don't get me wrong. out of all of batman's villains the REAPER is definitely in my top 5 (maybe top 3) and I'm fully aware that he's a straight up badass. But common, have you ever met any old men who got faster, stronger, as they aged? reaper beat him while he wasn't at his peak, and then cut him up, without much effort (or as much skill as wolvie for that matter). Once again, batman is one of my favorite super heroes, (I used to dress up like the guy on a daily basis when I was little) but unless he gets lucky, and i do mean lucky, against logan, he is severly outclassed. not as a fighter but as an overall human.
I will however, agree that given any useful information on wolverines' data, and ,,,hell, even 8 minutes prep time, we're talking about an entirely different kind of fight alltogether.

Cosmic Cube
Damn you Batman fans...

Batman would lose. Wolverine has better fighting skills. How, you say? Batman has lived the life of luxury, and taken a few karate lessons. Wolverine is over 100 years old, and has trained as a samurai, fought in several wars, and has senses to alert him of attack. No way in hell he would lose to batman. I read the magnet arguement, WTF? Where does Batman get a big ass magnet? How does he even know that Wolverine has a metal skeleton!? According to Marvel (though I personally disagree,) Wolverine is in the same strength class as Spiderman (maybe they're talking about his skeleton's durability.) Spiderman can lift several tons. I've never seen Wolverine lift a car, but he is surely stronger, faster, a better fighter, and more durable than Batman. He has the accelerated healing factor. Batman loses. Again.

Draco69
What Cosmic Cube said. And I don't even like Wolverine that much.

MERCILOUS
Of course it was an elaboration. Who would seriously dose a tranquilizer to take down a dinosaur.

If you hadn't cut out part of my qoute you would see the sentence that says something like "here's your screwey logic back out you." Please cast aside your speed reading techniques and note the entire post.

Besides, the arguement does hold some merit. Punisher is an unenhanced human, who puts the hurt on Wolvie. So where's his superior strength speed and fighting there (although the fighting part simply isn't true.) And I hold the Dark Knight could take the wallcrawler as well, so you only reinforce my statement.

MERCILOUS
Your looniness makes any answer i could give you incomprehensible, so i won't waste our time.

I think you are underestimating Batman's resourcefullness, adapability, and overall intellegence. That suprises me since you claim to be a fan of the Bat. I personally prefer Frank Miller, who interestingly enough has defined both these characters. What I mean to say is, if Wolvie wasn't written by 5 year olds and fanboys then i'd probably like his character more.

leonheartmm
in strength and senses wolverine is better than batman but he is inferior in fighting techniques, battle tactics, concentration and spirit, however his healing factor and adamantium would give him a BIG advantage in this battle.

MERCILOUS
Advantages i beleive the Batman could overcome.

jinzin
my looniness huh? well whatever.....

well, I'm one of those fans that believes in the whole prep-time theory, batman has been shown on multiple occasions, to get his ass kicked, or bested in some way when he doesn't know what he's up against. I don't underestimate batman's anything bt that doesn't change the fact that he's a normal guy, perhaps THE normal guy, but a normal guy nontheless.

OtterVomit
Batman already fights a villian many times older than Wolverine named Ras Al Ghul, who is also trained in various martial arts. So the argument that Logan's advanced experience gives him an edge is moot. Batman is a master of over a dozen martial arts. However, hand to hand fighting won't do him much good against Logan. In a chance meeting hand-to-hand fight where Logan got close to Bats....it wouldn't be pretty for Batman. It would be a mistake for Batman to try and match Logan's savagery, and that's something Batman would realize right off.

What will help Batman, is his mastery of deception and his keen mind. Logan doesn't seem to strategize much when he fights (he normally doesn't have to). He is simply too savage for most of his opponents. This is the type of opponent Batman, however, can toy with like a cat toys with a ball of yarn. He will use smoke screens, nerve gas ampules, his cape and his wits to deceive and avoid Logan, all the while studying him. My personal beleif is that Logan would become enraged by this cat & mouse game and lose focus.

I'm not really sure, though, how Batman could beat Logan on the spot. If he were to study him and then get away to return later, it would be simple (hell, the guy's beaten Superman repeatedly with minimal effort simply by studying him). On the spot, I think the best Batman could hope for is to obtain knowledge, retreat, and then return prepared. This is how he deals with many opponents that are more powerful than he is. Hopefully he could escape without Wolverine tracking him all the way back to the Batcave...

It's really a match up I would like to see.

Cosmo Kramer
Batman is so gay anyways...i mean what exactly is he doing in that cave with the old man, teenage girl and boy anways? confused

Draco69
I've always suspected that Batman was a bit of a pedophile. He did make Dick Grayson wear a green bikini to fight crime in. He's a regular Michael Jackson.

stick out tongue Just Joking!

leonheartmm
its gonna be hard for bat to overcome the advantages wolverine has over him, but he can still do it.

Cosmo Kramer
oh I agree DC can do anything they want if they get Stan Lee drunk.

roadhog95
Hey all. Im new to this thread and I have to say it was a complete riot! You guys are great (all of you) while some of you may be out there a little bit. So I thought id throw in my 2 cents. All IN MY OPINION

First, this kind of battle has to be taken from as non a biased a perspective as possible, so here is the abilities tally on these characters:

BATMAN:
Superior Tactical Ability.
Superior Fighting Technique (he's traveled learning the martial arts of the WORLD)
Weaponry: The ****en arsenal in his utlitiy belt (Only what he carries in his belt at any given time. Nothing More)

WOLVERINE:
Superior Experience (Damn near 100 years old, been throw hell multiple times. He's seen it all before Bats was even born)
Superior Fighting Technique (perhaps not quite as knowledgeable as bats, but he has rocked with the best of them. And again, he has superior fighting experience)
Stamina and Endurance (Healing, regeneration)
Weaponry: Adamantiaum Claws and Skeleton

First of all, as posted before, preptime is beside the point. Either of them can find out how to defeat the other given enough r&d (perhaps topic for another thread) but for the likes of my argument, their encounter is completely random. (Not to take a shot at anyone in particular, but that magnet shit is rediculous)

Second, the method in which they encounter is extremely important. Each character has to be put in a situation in which their natural defenses are in 100% alert mode and DOESNT take away from their established likeness (character profile). So for the sake of my argument, i give the following (somehwat cliche) scenario:

Encounter:

Wolverine has been ordered by Prof X to prevent an artifact of great power from being stolen by Apacolypse, Magneto or some other super villian with plans to use it for something twisted (Like turning Michael Jackson to Stone and rebuilding never never land in their image).
Batman is also on alert to protect this item, and has no prior knowledge of Wolverine. We now have enough tension and suspiciousness in both characters to spawn a fair random first meeting without taking away from eithers likeness (ie, batman goes rogue, wolverine under mind control etc)

Act 1
Wolverine breaks in but immediatley encounters batman. Wolvie's first reaction is a quick takedown so he is likely NOT to use his claws and not to use any particularly effective fighting technique (arguably, it is common for Wolverines character to build up his fighting style as necessary throughout a fight). Batman easily counters any attack having been underestimated and counterattacks with his own flooring wolverine. We give Act 1 to Batman because of Superior Tactical ability and the fact that it is common to Batmans fighting technique to be on the defensive in an encounter.

Act 2
Wolverine recovers quickly and obviosuly understands he has to step it up a notch. Claws are unsheathed and the battle is on.

I am going to stop here and point out a couple of things. 1st, over the years logan's experience has given him the ability to develop a fighting technique unique to his own natural (enhanced abilities) and since acquiring his claws, he has had to change his fighting technique accordingly to make the best use of them. In short, he fights differentyl using the claws than not using them. I chose not to delay him using them here (ie putting on more of a fight WITHOUT them which we all agree he could easily do. THey are hardly his last resort) but a) I dont want to be accused of beating around the bush with what are arguably one of his greatest assets, and b) Wolverine has a goal that is not to fight batman for the sake of fighting him. He sees batman as an obstacle to be removed so he will obviously chose the most efficient way possible. This reaction steps up wolverines fighting style to its optimum.

Continuing: Wolverine with claws unsheathed attacks batman without a seconds hesitiation. Batman now has to adjust his fighting technique, compensate for full recogonition of Wolvie's strength and speed, and avoid getting gutted like thanksgiving dinner. In other words wolvie has the upper hand. Act 2 is given to Wolverine with Batman on the defensive to restrategize.

Act 3
With wolverine full on the offensive, Batman has to dodge parry, use his mastery of Aikido to stay ahead of him. If you note, with wolverine on the offensive, he is using his superior knowledge of offensive fighting techniques to take batman down. Batman is using his knoweledge of defensive techniques to stay alive and for a time we are at a paradox (superior defensive vs superior offence). Batman decides to pull out a trick and tosses an electrified batarang to wolvie which wolvie easily bats away (no pun intended.. also it has no effect because I lean towards the fact that the batarang has to be in contact with the victim for at least a few seconds before it has its full effect). Batman has to setup a trap to use his electro shock weapons on wolverine AND manage to stay alive.

At this point, the battle can go either way. We know what batman is capable of and this is IMO the only advantage batman would have against wolverine in a random chance encounter. Electrocution takes effect almost immediatly and dont forget, wolvie is laced with a highly conductive metal. This would be sufficient enough to render him either unconcious or slow him down enough for Batman to get the artifact and get the hell out of there. Act 3 goes to Batman for using up his one trump card.

ON THE OTHERHAND

Wolverine is a fast berzerking crazy sumbitch AND he's smart. Im hesitant to put him in full beat down mode for a couple of reasons. A) Wolvie only goes berserker when he loses control or is under serious threat. Thats hardly the case here. He isnt fighting 20 ninjas. He is fighting one man. B) Wolverine is here to dispatch with batman not kill him. He is also a strategist and knows his advantage is in his speed. Strength is irrelevent. If wolverine can CATCH batman, he'll easily be able to knock him out with a single blow. Act 3: Goes to wolverine for being able to catch him. but we have to all agree, in this encounter he is NOT likely to kill him. Its not his goal. (and not in his likeness in this scenario)

So when it comes down to it, I am effectively pitting both characters tactical, strategic ability and effectiveness during a fight.

Conclusion: First encounter goes to Batman. His tactical abilities as well as natural preperdness gives him an edge. No prep time, no fancy magnets, no volatile chemicals. We all know he keeps electrocutive weapons in his belt all the time.

Why I gave this to batman: IMO I kept both characters true to their writing and likeness. Wolverine's superior experience and inherent abilities makes him the ultimate soldier. Batmans fighting ability doesnt come close and is therefore NOT a soldier. He is a tactician. Even if the roles were reveresed, it is within batmans likeness and character profile to fight in this way. You would never see batman brawling with someone who's abilities surpass his own. He's MO is to disable. Wolverine on the otherhand is also a master strategist and experiend fied soldier. After this first encounter he knows what to watch out for. Ive never seen wolverine get beaten by the same enemy twice. Next time around, I would DEFINATLY give the battle to wolverine as there is (in accordance with the majority of writing for the Batman character) a 60% chance that batman would use similiar tactics on wolverine that wolvie would be ready for. Bats would likely use the same techniques with different implementation because he's already used them in success. However, they would NOT be different enough to overcome wolverines preperation. (wolvie can change fighting style to be more defensive, he could be wearing a distribution rod to absorb the effects of an electrical attack. he could bring a partner.).... Also, wolverinenow knows how the Bat thinks and sets up any number of contingency plans for himself.. He is a soldier after all. and more than that.. a survivor. The survival factor is something core to wolverine's on being (ie his abilitiy to regenerate).

That about closes my rant. I cant wait for the flaming to begin but I think ive been fairly non biased enough to portray the MOST LIKELY encounter between 2 of the some of the greatest titans of their respective universes.

If you got this far, thanks for reading
-=The Roadhog

who?-kid
Hey Roadhog95, thanks for your post, you're one of the few people who actually think about a vs battle instead of just saying "Batman is da man" or "Wolverine is the best at what he does".

IRTMU-Dragon
The ONLY REASON I give this to wolverine is because the fact he doesnt have to rely on Gadgets to help him, hes got all his powers and weapons already inside him, and they dont run out either.

DarkCrawler
No he made him wear bright clothes and bikini so the enemies would spot him from the shadows and shoot him instead of Batman.

Clever bastard. big grin

roadhog95
But batmans gadgets are just as much a part of his character as wolverine's regenerative ability or his adamantiaum talons, or his years of experience. Saying "Wolverine would beat batman without his gadgets" is the same as saying "Batman would beat wolverine if he didnt have his speed and senses"....

-=Roadhog

IRTMU-Dragon
What I meant is eventually batman is gonna run out of gadgets from them either being used up, destroyed, or just left behind during a chase or something.

Draco69
This already happened. Wizard Magazine made a "Last Man standing" battle regarding them. Wolverine won.

IRTMU-Dragon
Never doubted it.

Alienman24

who?-kid
I didn't know Batman had a healing factor wink. Good for him, he'll need it.

grey fox
he doesnn't

who?-kid
No shit wink

grey fox
grrrrrrrrr (starts throttleing who-kid)

RobWolf27
Batman is a detective and A Martial Artist and a scientest and a millionare has great tecnology . Wolverine is A mutant with a healing Factor and also with Admantium Bones and claws.Also because the healing factor no one really know how old hes is.Actually I do according to marvel comics he's 120 years old but the healing factor makes him appear to be in his mid 30's or actually he ages slower than the normal man . He fought in world war II alongside Cap,He also is survialist ,martial artist ,has bad memory,train soldier,and is a berseker,who has good endurance.

So Batman vs Wolverine who will be the Victor?

Lord-of-Dreams
Allright, so let me set my gage... ok! So that 200000000 times this fight has appeared... I made the same mistake on several occasions...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>