Rogue vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
I think it could be quite a fight...though very short.

eleveninches
do you realise that wonder woman is meant to be almost as powerful as superman?

Mainstream
but in close combat, could Rogue still some of that power?

lightaxe
no

muffin man
wonderwoman doesn't wear alot and rogue takes off the gloves and
AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
rogue wins.

Mainstream
That that I was thinking Muffin Man. I agree with what you say about muffins to man.

muffin man
yeah that line on the bottom of my sig is great.
but what I said is what would happen.

supessucks
Wonderwoman is not as strong as Superman. Rouge can take her abilities, just as she has taken anyone else's (with the exeption of the Phoenix Force and Galactus, simply because they are cosmic beings.) Wonder Woman is an Amazon Warrior Princess. Rouge would have no problem stealing Wonder Woman's abilities.

Mainstream
Supessucks...i...................you think Rogue could beat WW ass?

supessucks
Yes. As I mentioned in the other thread, Wonder Woman has no invulnerability. Rouge has all of her abilities, plus invulnerability and the power to drain her abilities.

Mainstream
Ok but Wonder skin is harder than a mere mortal though...I read it in a book.

supessucks
Wonder Woman would get too weak, too slow, and too tired.

Mainstream
Rogue wins Sugahs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supessucks
You may very well be correct, however, if her skin is so hard why can't it deflect bullets?

muffin man
ok.
but rogue will still remove wonderwomans powers

supessucks
Yes, I agree.

Mainstream
I said her skin is hard ..not hard enough to deflect bullets...rocks or stones mabye ...but bullets heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supessucks
skin to skin contact, no matter how tough or invulnerable that skin is, will result in power transferrance. She can't even touch collossuses steel form without draining him.

supessucks
My point exactly; Rouge's punches are stronger and faster than bullets. Without her powers, Wonder Woman will fall easily to Rouge.

BobbyD
Could WW just throw her lasso around Rogue's neck and choke her to death?

Mainstream
Not true rogue kissed the metal man without stealing his powers once.

supessucks
Rouge would break that stupid lasso, or use it to get closer to Wonder Woman so she could steal her power.

supessucks
Rouge is a little too strong to be choked to death.

supessucks
When mainstream? Collossus and Rouge never had an intimate relationship.

BobbyD
Ok, but WW possesses flight. I could be wrong, but once it's around her neck and she takes off, wouldn't that strangle Rogue a little? If not, she could like throw her around like a rag doll if she has her by the neck...into trees, and buildings.

supessucks
The only people Rouge can kiss without damaging them are Iceman (because of his sub-zero body temperature and ice sheathing,) and (Gambit, because his constant biokinetec energy discharge can negate her energy absorption.)

supessucks
Rouge can fly too, Bobby.

Mainstream
Yes they did supessucks...they weren't dating but he kissed her on a spaceship..it was in a storyline a few years back. I doubt they would ever become the next Cyclopes and jean though

supessucks
And no, you could not strangle Rouge with her own body weight. She is much too strong for that to happen.

supessucks
I must have missed this... Maybe you're right mainstream, perhaps the metal is a natural armor, not skin...

Mainstream
I swear on the comic book gods they kissed onced. I'm Glad Gambit didn't find out.

BobbyD
Ok, Supesucks...maybe I'm not getting my point across (visually/vividly)

Try to picture this: WW (98-100 ton strength level I believe) twirling her lasso up in the air around her head like she's going in for a calf riding a horse at the rodeo. Now....take WW off the horse, and put Rogue's neck in the rope. Rogue may be strong, but she is not winning any strength feats against Diana anytime soon. Once the rope is on, good-night, I think. I could be wrong.

Can't you picture WW with Rogue's neck in the rope twirling her at superspeeds and smashing her up against mountains, building, cars, trees, etc.?

supessucks
Wonder Woman is outgunned; she is a hand to hand combatant. If she touches Rouge, she will only hurt herself. And if Rouge grabs her, Wonder Woman could be in a coma for days.

BobbyD
Supessucks, I am aware of these facts that you illustrate. Maybe I'm addressing the ONLY way WW can win this?

supessucks
The lasso tricks would not work; Rouge would be able to break it. Wonderwoman's exact strength is undefined, but it is significantly less than Superman's. Rouge can lift 50 tons.

radioboy121
The lasso Wonder Woman has is the Lasso of Truth that was mainly to "open the eyes" of her opponents to have them see the errors of their ways. I suppose she could try stangulation, but that might be hard to do with Rogue. Rogue is also not heavier because of her durability; she is still human in basic terms and doesn't change in scale as gods like Asgardians and Olympians do (i.e. Enchantress is about 600+ lbs?).

On Rogue's absorbtion, she also has some trouble when her opponent has a stronger resistence that allows them to react (i.e. Impossible Man, Wolverine), or their power either cancels her's out (i.e. Scrambler, Leech) or is too much for her (i.e. Death's Head).

I do not know how Wonder Woman was made so powerful here to be a competition with Superman. Unless my material is extremely dated and she has morphed to a frightfully more powerful character in the past few years, Rogue could take her. People discredit the fight between Wonder Woman and Storm, but I still see Storm winning in that fight.

supessucks
Oh,

Now I understand your arguement Bobby. It is possible for Wonder Woman to win. But it is more likely that Rouge would win.

Mainstream
(Rogue is holding WW neck..draining her powers in the air)

Rogue: I got ya now sugah! Yall should'na nat f##k with me!

Wonder Woman:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh please...by the gods I should not
have fought...

(Rogue throws WW on the ground and flies off as Wonder Rogue!)

supessucks
I agree with you radioboy. The Wonder Woman shown in the Justice League comics and animation would have alot of trouble dealing with Rouge.

sbo
Wonder Woman won't win this fight. They could trade blows for a while,(assuming WW never punches Rogue in the face) but Rogue's absorbtion power would make her the victor without a doubt.

And there's no way Rogue would just allow herself to be dragged through the air by that lasso.

supessucks
I agree sbo.

Mainstream
Me too.

Draco69

Mainstream
Nah Rogue would win "Sugah".

supessucks
Finally Draco returns!

You fail to understand the fact that while Rouge posesses Wonder Woman's powers, Wonder Woman does not possess her powers. No matter how good her warrior training is, she would be too weak to affect Rouge. By the way, invulnerability usually negates nerve strikes.

Draco69
No she wouldn't "Sugah"

Draco69
To Supessucks: This is not true. A man named Vargas with limited superhuman strength knocked out Rogue with a nerve strike. (Xtreme X-Men #3

lightaxe
if this were all true you guys realize wonder woman wouldnt even be a decent comic book charater right?, shes in teh JLA im sure she can take getting punched by rogue without being killed, this is in regard to supessucks post.

supessucks
After Rouge touched Wonder Woman, she no longer possessed superhuman strength. It would be the attack of a weakened ordinary woman.

supessucks
THAT would not knock out Rouge.

supessucks
lightaxe, I didn't say she couldn't take a punch from Rouge.

supessucks
Draco you are a logical guy, so please listen to logic. Rouge knows nothing about Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman kows nothing about Rouge. Where do you think Wonder Woman would aim her first super speed attack? At Rouge's face, of course. Rouge will allow this knowing that the punch will hurt Wonder Woman more than it would hurt her. Wonder Woman would lose her power the instant she touched Rouge's face. Rouge would gain that power, and defeat Wonder Woman.

Draco69
I extremely doubt that Rogue would be able to even absorb Diana's powers. Diana's powers are not even her own to begin. They were granted by the Greek God Pantheon. I reread her history and I found that her powers cannot be stolen. The only way Diana can lose her strength is if something happens to the Greek Gods. In past arc, the Greek Gods were taken out by Zeus's father. With the Greek Gods disposed of, Diana lost all of her powers. When Diana finally defeated Zeus's father, Diana received all of her powers back. Zeus himself said that as long as they existed Diana's power will never fade or be taken from her. Rogue absorbs powers at a genetic level. WW's powers are not genetic, but magically endowed. Rogue cannot absorb any of her powers because they were granted to, and only, Diana. The work of the gods cannot be tampered with.

BobbyD
Very interesting points, Supessucks and Drac. Maybe it will come down to the writer?

sbo
Rogue has the advantage in this fight. Even if WW is stronger she's going to lose that edge as soon as she touches Rogue's skin.
Even IF she's not knocked out immediately, a weakened WW will stand no chance against a supercharged Rogue and will be quickly and easily defeated.

Draco69
To sbo: Her powers cannot be stolen. Read previous post.

supessucks
That is pure bullshit, Draco.
I've seen justice leauge more than a few times. The original version of Wonder Woman did not derive her powers from the Greek gods. Instead they were apparently innate to all Amazonsall she need do was concentrate.

Secondly, the gods are unable to intervene, so whether it is their will or not, Rouge could take her abilities.

Rouge was able to absorb some of the Phoenix force from Jean. Why would Wonder Woman, who is much weaker, pose a problem?

supessucks
the power need not be genetic.

supessucks
In the very least, Rouge would take her amazon powers, and add them to her own, making her much more powerful than Wonder Woman.

sbo
Rogue was also able to absorb some of juggernaut's power. His powers are magical as are WW's and he's definitely stronger than WW.

WW is goin down in this fight.

supessucks
Thank you sbo.

sbo
You're welcome

Draco69
To Supessucks: Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman was not given any powers from the gods. All the Amazons had natural superhuman strength, speed, etc. Post-Crisis Wonder Woman is entirely different animal.

Many millenniums ago, a woman named Hipplotya and her tribe of Amazons went to war with Hercules and his army. Hipplotya bested Hercules in armed combat and thusly won the war. Hercules was invited by the Amazons to a celebration promoting peace. Hercules drugged the Amazons and they were enslaved. Hipplotya prayed to Athena, who created the Amazons earlier on, to release them. Athena was angry at the Amazons for being so gullible so she released them for a price. The Amazons overcame their captors and Athena sentenced the Amazons to an remote island containing the worst monsters in the world underneath it. Centuries later, Hipplotya yearned for a child. She prayed to the gods for one. They granted her request. She was told to go to the shores of Themyscira and sculpt a infant from clay. The sculpture was given life by the Gods and granted her their powers:

The strength of Gaea (literally the entire Earth) that which is stronger than Hercules (i.e. strength that exceeds 100 tons)

The swiftness of Hermes that which bests a woman's warrior cry (i.e. faster than the speed of sound)

The beauty and love of Aphrodite

Artemis' affinity with animals and the moon's eye (i.e she can talk to animals and she can see really well)

Athena's wisdom

And Zeus's power (i.e. her invulnerability)

Diana's powers aren't hers. Her powers are the gods'. Zeus said that as long as they existed, their powers would be hers. Rogue can't absorb them because they were granted to, and only, Diana. The gods gave their powers to her, and her, only. Anyone who tries to take them would leave empty-handed. It's like Thor's hammer. Only someone worthy can lift. However the Greek Gods gave their power to Diana. Not Rogue. So she wouldn't get anything. The gods don't need to intervene, their word is unbreakable.

I don't recall Rogue ever absorbing the Phoenix force from Jean. But the Phoenix Force is a cosmic entity bound by the laws of science. Diana's powers are god-given and is magic.

supessucks
Wonder Woman is not invulnerable, Damnit.

And if her power's belong to the gods, she is powerless in this universe, as the god's do not exist in this universe.

During the Phoenix saga she did, but was unable to control it.
Juggernaut's power is magical, yet she drained him.

Where did you get this information?

http://www.cvalley.net/~canote/ww.html

Draco69
To Supessucks:

Rogue joined the X-Men AFTER the Phoenix Saga. Jean was already dead and buried. Scott left the team to be a fisherman. And Storm got a mohawk. You got it confused with the cartoon or something.

Who said that Diana and Rogue were fighting in the Marvel Universe? Diana's been to different universes before and she still had her powers.

Juggernaut is mystical not godly. His power is his own. Diana's powers are godly. For example, Rogue could not absorb Loki because he was a god.

I got it from the hardcover WW Guide at Barnes & Noble. And a Wonder Woman Secret File comic back in 1998

BobbyD
Must I separate you two? Don't let Paola get between you 2.

sbo
Rogue has taken power from magical beings before. Juggernaut's powers were magical. She's also taken Thor's power and he's a god himself so WW should be no problem for her.

I know that the cartoons don't always follow the comics but, in JLU Parasite drained WW's strength until she passed out and his powers are very similar to Rogue's.

Joker1237
The Losso can not be broken. It has magic.

Draco69
To Sbo: As I said before Juggs is mystical, not god-granted. True Thor's powers were taken because his powers are not magical. He was born a god. His powers are atypical of any other Asgardian. So at some level his powers are genetic. WW's powers are not genetic. The gods gave her their powers and at any time they can take it away. Diana is in actuality the soul of a stillborn child, Hipployta once had. Diana was a normal human being until the gods granted her their powers. Their word is bound. As long as Diana fights for peace. Their power is hers.

The cartoon (nice to know you still watch cartoons) WW is vastly inferior to the comic WW. As is everyone else in the JLA. They're amateurs compared to the comic. And the Parasite is energy-drainer not a power stealer.

sbo
Since when was Rogue limited to stealing powers from those who were born with them. God granted, mystical or magical, whatever you want to call them,they were powers given to WW, juggs, Thor by some other entity. Rogue has taken magical powers before from others and so WW is no different. The power level of the person that she's trying to absorb is what makes the difference.

I saw bizarro break WW's lasso in one story and then proceed to beat Wonder woman to a pulp. I didn't read the issue so I don't know the details behind it. But Bizarro is stronger than Rogue, so even if he could break it Rogue shouldn't be able to.

supessucks
In the Wonder Woman comic's, the god's are not supreme spiritual beings as "God" would be, and are rather superpowered man-like beings, who could be defeated by a mortal. They are not that powerful, and niether is Wonder Woman.

supessucks
The Golden Lasso was never said to be indestructable. It only compels the victim to tell the truth. Rouge would probably confess her bisexuality, then snap the lasso in two.

radioboy121
Wonder Woman's power is apparently terribly inconcise when reading the post in the Wonder Woman vs. Hulk thread. The first Wonder Woman would be roadkill in this fight. The current Wonder Woman has been pitted against gods (i.e. Shazam in War of the Gods), but likewise had a decent workout with Deathstroke (only enhanced human) in a normal fight. Who can figure this one?

Wonder Woman is an amazon, which apparently specified here is endowed by the power of the gods, but she is not a god herself. If it was proven that Rogue couldn't absorb Wonder Woman's powers, she would probably at least have a chance in taking her consciousness (al la Carol Danvers).

Draco69
The Greek Gods ARE supreme spiritual beings. They created the earth with the help of other gods like the Hindu and Egyptian Pantheon. They possess infinite powers and rend time/space/and reality. Read Greek Mythology. Everything they did in our mythology, they did in Diana's world. They could create life. They had power over death. They could do anything. No mere mortal could stand before them. Zeus's son, a demigod, supported the entire earth on his shoulders to pass a rite of passage into godhood. DC's GOD is the Source. The Source is in everything and everyone. The Source gave birth to any other god in the DC Universe. The Greek Gods are phenomenally powerful and so is Wonder Woman.

Hestia's Golden Lasso of Truth is completely and utterly indestructible, unbreakable, and immutable. This has been said countless times in the DC comics. Doomsday, Superman, and Captain Marvel could break the lasso. Darkseid couldn't break the lasso. Rogue doesn't have hope in heaven of breaking it.

Supessucks, as anyone can plainly see from reading your previous threads, you don't know anything about Wonder Woman. Please research before making such unfound statements.

Draco69
Radioboy121, I'm not even going to respond to someone who believes that Storm could beat Wonder Woman.

radioboy121
First, why does Rogue need to break the lasso in the first place? The bigger question is whether the lasso can affect Rogue "mentally" in the fight. She is after all, part alien. If Wonder Woman is indeed enhanced by this specified power of the gods, it doesn't necessarily mean it protects her from her mortal qualities (i.e. her mind). Otherwise, she would be realtered as Silver Surfer was to Galactus.

And as to the Storm comment, apparently you underestimate her abilities.

Draco69
Rogue is partly Kree after absorbing Carol Danvers. Rogue cannot absorb her powers but her mind is another issue. Rogue could absorb Wonder Woman's psyche rendering her comatose, IF Rogue's mind is stronger than Wonder Woman. They are many people who have overcome Rogue's psyche (i.e. Mystique, the Brood Queen, the Thing) Rogue's psyche has to battle WW's psyche for control. It depends who has more willpower. My money's on Wonder Woman.

supessucks
I'm not talking about greek mythology Draco, I'm talking about the Wonder Woman comics. The gods have nothing to do with this fight. And if Superman, Bizzaro, Doomsday, and Captain Marvel can break it, its not "unbreakable."

And Radioboy presents a very valid point, Draco. Why wouldn't she be rendered unconcious by prolonged contact with rouge. Her personality would be absorbed, and she would remain unconcious for sixty times te length of time she touched Wonder Woman.

I think your fanatical ignorance (no offense) is clouding your logic.

supessucks
It has nothing to do with the mind power, as her ability is not telepathic, and is instead bio-chemical.

supessucks
You cannot say that Rouge cannot absorb Wonder Woman's power, as han't been proven, Rouge's energy absorption has not been shown to be limited by mystical, genetic, or "godly" means.

supessucks
If her only power source is the Greek Pantheon, Wonder Woman would possess no power in their absence.

supessucks
Mystique has never overcame Rouge's power absorption, nor has Thing. and actually Rouge doesn't have Rouge's personality she has Carol Danver's personality. (aka Ms. Marvel, aka Binary, who would kick Wonder Woman's ass.)

Draco69
To Supessucks: I'm SO sorry. When I referred to Doomsday, Superman, and Captain Marvel. I meant to say they COULDN'T break the lasso. Sorry! I had lapse of bad grammar.

When Rogue absorbs someone, she absorbs their powers and their consciousness, their being, their proverbial soul. Even if its temporary, she still has their residue psyche in her head. When Rogue absorbs someone of very stong will, they undergo a battle of domination. Carol Danvers' psyche was absorbed by Rogue. Carol Danvers' psyche overcame Rogue's numerous times. That's why she joined the X-Men in the first place, so she could gain control over Carol. Professor Charles Xavier helped block Carol Danvers' control over Rogue with his telepathic powers. However when Carol Danvers broke free again, a year later. When Rogue absorbs someone, their mind is in her mind. They occupy the same space. Mystique, when absorbed, overcame Rogue's psyche and took possession of her body. As did Carol Danvers, the Brood Queen and countless others. If Rogue rendered Wonder Woman unconcious with her absorption powers, Wonder Woman's psyche would gain dominance and she would control Rogue's body. She'd then wait for Martian Manhunter to arrive and put her mind back into her body.

Draco69
To Supessucks:

Yes, Mystique did overcome Rogue's mind. (you're a penchant for punishment aren't you) During the Joe Kelly arc, back in 1999, after Gambit was left behind in Antarctica. Rogue signed up for this faux miracle cure that would make her human. She almost went through the procedure if Mystique didn't stop her. Rogue absorbed Mystique. Mystique overcame her psyche, and went ballistic on the the people who made the cure in Rogue's body.

Rogue absorbed the Thing during an X-Men/FF4 crossover. Eventually the Thing gained dominance and began attacking the X-Men in Rogue's body

Carol Danvers as Binary would definitely beat WW. Unfortunately she lost her Binary powers and just has has enhanced strength, flight, and energy blasts. (She calls herself Warbird now) WW would kick her ass.

supessucks
Bizzaro broke the lasso, Draco.

And I wasn't reffering to Rouge's personality, that Mystique or Thing could easily overcome, but Carol Danver's personality that dominates Rouge. The Carol Danvers personality does not and did not think that it was Carol in Rouge's body. Rouge believed it was her natural personality. Wonder Woman would also have a hell of alot of competition in Rouge's mind, as she has touched Wolverine, Sabertooth, Gambit, and plenty of other powerful personalities. (Wonder Woman's a pacifist. I doubt her personality is stronger than Wolverine's.) You have no proof of Wonder Woman's allegedly "Class 100" strength. I can prove Rouge's strength level. Ultimately, Rouge is much more likely to win than Wonder Woman, and I think most would agree.

Draco69
To supessucks: I think you're referring to the "Trinity" series when Bizarro pummeled Wonder Woman. That's Elseworld story arc (i.e alternate dimension like Kingdom Come). In mainstream DC, it never happened and it never will. Doomsday couldn't break it, Superman couldn't break, even Darkseid couldn't break it. And Rogue is not anywhere as near as powerful as Bizarro.

The "competition" in Rogue's mind are just psyche residues from previous people she has absorbed. When Rogue absorbs someone, their consciousness enters her mind and proverbially shares the same brain as Rogue's consciousness. Rogue's past absorbees are under lock and key in her unconscious courtesy of Charles Xavier. Carol Danvers personality took control of Rogues body and even made her dress her in her old Ms. Marvel outfit. There was no "natural personality". Carol Danvers and Rogue were inhabiting the same body. Wonder Woman is a pacifist. But she is a Amazon warrior first. If she is left with no choice, and violence is the only option, then Diana unleashes a very temperamental personality. Those who know her best know she is extremely compassionate and peaceful, but those who know her better never forgets the fire that burns within. An Amazon warrior bred to kill and maim in dozen different languages since the day she was born. She knows warfare more than she knows peace. She has an incredible sense of willpower and would overcome Rogue's psyche.

Give it up, supessucks. You're backed into to a proverbial corner. I have refuted every argument you have given. You said that Wonder Woman wasn't granted powers by the gods. I proved she was. You said that the magic lasso is breakable. I proved it wasn't. You said Rogue could absorb Wonder Woman's powers. I proved she couldn't Ultimately, Wonder Woman would defeat Rogue. She's vastly superior in strength, speed, invulnerability, and fighting skills. Centuries of experience, an unbreakable lasso, a pair of unbreakable silver gauntlets, magically endowed armour. The Southern Belle would get kicked back to the swamp-ridden, redneck, Mississippi town she belongs in. Case closed.

talon00x
Juggernaut claims to be a "god" the being cyttorak who gave juggernaut his powers has been claimed to be a "demon" or a "god."

His strength and duriblility is supernatural these are qualities of at least a "demi god"

Khellendros
Rogue takes this. Sorry scooter, but Juggernaut's power comes from the God Cyttorak, through the crimson gem. It IS god-given and Rouge has absorbed it.

The other personalities USED to be under lock and key. In recent times, the psyches of all the evil people Rogue has absorbed have escaped, and it's only by manifesting the personalities of people like her friends and heroes like Captain America to help that she's been able to lock them away. I seriously doubt Wonder Woman's mind could stand up tot he likes of Captain America and Wolverine.

Lets get down to physical abilities. Sure, Wonder Woman is stronger, but she has to use her bracelets to deflect BULLETS for craps sake! Rogue can fly while being hit with heavy artillery and rockets and still be smart mouthing the people shooting at her. On speed, I think they're the same with WW taking perhaps a small advantage. Fighting isn't as far apart as you think. Rogue could draw on the fighting styles of Psylocke or Wolverine or any other fighter she's touched. Plus, on her own, rogue isn't exactly a slouch at fighting either.

I'm not saying she has it easy, but Rogue CAN steal WW's powers temporarily and take more damage while doing so.

Draco69
Khellendros, please read the previous posts. You'll find I've already refuted everyone of your arguments. (I'm not typing the same information again and again, my hands are cramped! smile

talon00x
Good she needs to absorb it especialy if she fights juggernaut, reminds me of when juggernaut beat down rogue and colossus at a fraction of his strength, and didnt i just say it was given to him by cyttorak? hmmmm strange. (he is more a demon then a god juggernauts power is evil in nature, thats why he likes to blow up stuff wink )

Khellendros
Draco, I read the thread. I'm refuting your arguments. Talon, I've only ever seen Cyttorak called a god. I don't care how he ACTS, people like Doctor Strange call him a god so that's good enough for me.

David Duchovony
WW has limited invulnerability.
Limited Invulnerability: Her resistance to injury is not quite as great as any of the above mentioned metahumans. She has withstood considerable bludgeoning damage in the form of hand to hand combat with metahuman opponents (such as Superman and Captain Marvel) and physical damage (as seen when she is knocked back through two multi-story office buildings and then buried beneath them). She seems more vulnerable to energy attacks but she deflects most ranged attacks when she can. She has considerable resistance to human weaponries, although there are inconsistancies in her ability to resist injury, the variances are probably due to discrepancies in observation. Perhaps her ability varies with some as for yet unknown condition that strengthens or weakens her in relationship to her Pantheon of patron dieties. Source www.
starnet-database.com

Draco69
To Khellendros:

If you've read my threads, you'll know that Rogue can't absorb WW's powers by the argument I presented. (If you disagree, create a rebuttal). Rogue is nowhere near as fast as Wonder Woman. Rogue can fly at Mach 3. WW can move, think and act faster than the speed of sound. Rogue can't access anything (i.e Psylocke's fighting abilities or Wolverine's military experience) consciously without the "upgrade" Sage gave her. That since then has dissipated. Rogue's a good fighter with a half a decade of experience. Diana's an exceptional fighter with thousands of years of experience. Rogue can lift 50 to 75 tons max, Diana can lift an excess amount of 100 tons. The previous personalities are gone from Rogue's mind. This was mentioned during the last few issues of X-treme X-Men. There's nothing for Diana to up against if her conciousness is absorbed. If Mystique, the Brood Queen, or Carol Danvers could overwhelm Rogue and take control of her body. Then Wonder Woman mostly certainly could.

Draco69
To David Duchovony: This completely accurate. I still don't know why she can take a hit from Doomsday and shrug if off but a few bullets can be lethal to her. Stupid DC continuity

supessucks
Draco, you are exaggerating again. Wonder Woman's speed, thought, nor her reaction time is faster than the speed of sound; her profile does not say so. If that were the case, she could dodge bullets, not block them. Niether have you disproved my arguement. AND FOR THE LAST TIME YOU HAVE NOT PROVEN THAT WONDER WOMAN HAS CLASS 100 STRENGTH.

supremthor
dud have you ever read any WW comic

supessucks
Yes. I have read very few however, and it was quite a while ago, as this sort of comic bores me.

talon00x
its funny that you say that her reaction isnt as great or she would dodge bullets yet it seems blocking them would be harder, and would need a better reaction time than to dodge them.

why would it matter if she was in 100 class rogue isnt in 100 class.

supessucks
I didn't say her reaction wasn't great talon, I said it wasn't supersonic.

Blocking takes better reaction than dodging? I think it takes more speed and reaction to recognize an attack and move out of the way, than it does to block it. (By the way, She has those metal bracelets for blocking bullets, so it really isn't that hard.) Bullets wouldn't even harm Rouge.

supessucks
I know Rouge doesn't have class 100 strength, but Draco claimed that Wonder Woman has class 100 strength, a fact that he cannot prove, as there are no DC strength level charts.

supessucks
If Wonder Woman is in class 50 or less, Rouge is stronger.

vaya_the_elf
I'd vote for Rouge. Not sure if she really would win, but I like her more.

Draco69
Thank you supremthor and talon00x. I've given up arguing with supessucks. No matter how much information, facts and data I throw at him, he responds with a question I just answered alwhile ago. I been repeating information constantly.Supessucks admitted to not reading WW comic for quite sometime. Proving he knows next nothing about the current Wonder Woman. He even believed that the other Amazons had powers like she does. Which would be true. 50 years ago. Apparently She-Hulk and Warbird are both capable of beating Wonder Woman. I given reasons for why this was not possible. He never responded to them. I've given proof for why Wonder Woman is class 100 several times. He never rebutted them. Instead he asked for proof again. I've given proof that Wonder Woman is faster than the speed of sound. He asked for proof again. Supessucks believes that Diana was not granted powers by the gods and that gods are weak superhumans that can be beaten by mortals. I've proven that Diana was granted powers by the gods and that the gods were supreme celestial beings with infinite powers. He never rebutted this. He believes that Wonder Woman's lasso is breakable. I've proven it isn't. He never rebutted this. Supessucks knows absolutely nothing about Wonder Woman. Just reread the any posts he made during this thread. The guy walked in here blind. Supessucks, I given a very good argument if I say so myself. I've given facts, history, comic book issues for evidence, and some good old fashion common sense. You've given nothing but whiney assumptions. Convincing the pope that Jesus was a alien would be easier. I've seen stubborn people, but this takes the cake. I give up, supessucks. Believe whatever you want. Ignorance is bliss. Your fanatical anti-DC bias is readily apparent in every thread you post. The only advice I can give is open your mind.

supessucks
You only throw unsupported claims Draco, not "facts." When I asked you, how do you know Wonder Woman has class 100 strength? You replied that she has lifted an alien spacecraft. When I asked how you know how much the spacecraft weighed, you never responded. You say that she runs and moves at (or faster than) the speed of sound.
This website says otherwise.

www.starnet-database.com

You have not and cannot prove that Wonder Woman is stronger than Rogue. I have told you all of Rogue's abilities, and have answered all of your questions. You disproved none of my arguments, as your theory of Wonder Woman controlling Rouge is questionable indeed, And so is your claim that Wonder Woman's "god given" abilities cannot be absorbed.

I don't have to read all of Wonder Woman's comics to understand her powers, we have the benefit of the internet and character profiles. You say Wonder Woman has abilities that do not appear on her profile and she has never been proven to posses. I am inclined to believe that you are merely a Justice League fanboy, who can't imagine seeing his favorite superhero lose.

Paola
chill out guys...

what about a cool Rogue VS WonderWoman pic? big grin

supremthor
dud you just proved WW is class 100+ www.starnet-database.com = http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/analyses/appendices/ratings2.html#strength

supessucks
I won't comment on the supersonic speed or class 100 strength claim.

Long before Sage met Rouge, she could access the memories and abilities of those she touched. Carol's personality is dominant because she held on to Carol so long. I'm sure she does have some help from Professor X. Any fighting experience or skill Wonder Woman had gained would become Rouge's once she touched her.

Then again maybe the god's wouldnt let her take Wonder Woman's abilities and memories either.

Maybe the gods would come down from Olympus and hold Rouge down while Wonder Woman kicked her ass. You never know. Most of your claims are just that fantastic.

supessucks
What in God's name are you talking about? It does not say her strength is class 100.

supessucks
Please don't make ridiculous comments, supremthor.

sbo
In the xtreme x-men annual rogue's mind allowed her to overcome the control of the Shadow king. If she can do that, then she could certainly overcome WW's willpower. Initially Carol danvers took over rogue's mind after Rogue allowed her to do so. Then they traded on and off for a while, whenever one got knocked unconscious the other could take over. Since rogue has had alot more experience battling other personalities in her headthan WW, and has overcome opponents with stronger wills than WW, i think it's only logical to conclude that Rogue would take control in a battle of wills.
As far as a slugfest even if WW is stronger, Rogue has Ms marvel's 6th sense which alerts her to danger and will keep her a step ahead. Rogue has also been seen to CATCH bullets fired at her from a machine gun, so her reaction time is as fast and probably faster than WW who would get her hands blown off if she tried to catch a bullet.
Face it Draco, WW is outclassed in almost evey way. Rogue would beat Wonder Woman's ass in one way or another and wouldn't have to break a sweat.

supessucks
I would appreciate it if you would support your all of your claims with facts Draco as I try to. But I will admit when I am wrong, and perhaps I could open my mind a bit, but you could as well.

supremthor
ok supessucks what DO YOU THINK WW STENGTH LEVEL IS

supessucks
I cannot say but it is certainly less than superman, whose strength level is around class 100. DC character's don't have a strength level chart.

supremthor
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/wonder_woman.htm = Wonder Woman
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/rogue.htm = Rogue

supessucks
niether of the two are DC sites.

supessucks
You are the definition of a fanboy supremthor, look at your name. I dispise your kind.

supessucks
Yet another superb arguement sbo.

supremthor
and if Ww is not class 100 ton she cant get lower then 95tons

supessucks
fanboy supremthor has actually provided evidence supporting Draco's claims. Although she is not proven to possess supersonic speed or "class 100" strength, she is shown to outclass rouge in every category. It is still possible for Rouge to take her abilities, (it says nothing about resistance to power drain) and win the fight.

supremthor
so what i like thor but i can see him being defeated by dc characters like superman,martain manhunter,hal(green lantern) and list goes on.Imo thors te coolest characeter and Im a fanboy.but I m not so blind as to think every marvel character can defeat every dc charater EX hulk defeat superman,hulk defeat pre-crisis superman,rogue defeat WW,salveg hulk defeat the The Kryptonian

supessucks
BUT! X-treme Rouge is much stronger and faster than normal Rouge (though still not stronger or faster than Wonder Woman,) and could use any of her past absorbed powers. Draco, Sages gift has not dissapated, at least according to recent X-treme Comics.

supessucks
As a matter of fact, Sage only recently gave her the ability.

supessucks
Thor would kick Superman's ass, supremthor. And no incarnation of Hulk would beat the Kryptonian. Ever.

supessucks
I do not think every marvel character could beat every DC character. Thor could fry Superman using his magic. But Superman, Wonder Woman, or Martian Manhunter could possibly beat Hulk.

supessucks
However, Silver Surfer could beat most of the Justice League.

Draco69

Draco69
P.S. Sage's upgrade to Rogue is gone. She lost that potential when she was almost killed by Vargas. The X-treme X-Men comic ended. Rogue lived a normal life with Gambit for awhile, because her powers were overexterted and she lost them. In Uncanny X-Men Rogue now only has the power of absorption. She lost all of her absorbed personalities and powers. She no longer has superhuman strength or flight.

Draco69
And chill out supremthor and supessucks. It's just a comic book, for christ's sake!

supessucks
Well, God Damn.

You have presented a very strong argument Draco. It has been proven to me that Wonder Woman is stronger, faster, a better fighter, and smarter than Rouge. However, if Wonder Woman was to hit Rouge, say in the face, with her bare fist, she would be instantaneously be robbed of her power for at least one minute. If Wonder Woman is anywhere near as powerful as you claim she is, Rouge endowed with all of Wonder Woman's knowledge and abilities in addition to her own strength, would be able to beat Wonder Woman and anyone else in the Justice League.

Being that the spacecraft was not from earth, but from heaven, and may not be composed of earthly elements, the weight of the spacecraft is incalculable.

supessucks
Well all this time, I've been talking about Rouge of the X-Men. (I didn't know about X-treme Rouge's abilities). It would only be fair if Rouge and Wonder Woman were both at optimal power levels, without weapons (except for WW's Bracelets and Lasso of course.)

Draco69
The ultimate fact is that it's indeterminable as to whether Rogue can or can not absorb Diana's power. I've given a pretty strong thesis as to why she cannot. (i.e. see previous threads). Rogue's been unable to absorb magical beings, aliens and other unusual people in the past, so this bolsters my argument. But we can never truly know whether it would happen or not, unless they meet in a crossover or something. It's all up in the air.

Draco69
Chuck Austen made Rogue into a wimp unfortunately.

supessucks
Rouge has absorbed Juggernaut's power before, but as you said, we can never truly know. If Rouge could take her power she would almost be insured victory, If she couldn't she would almost certainly lose.

supessucks
Wonder Woman out-classes Rouge. Her only hope is to take Wonder Woman's ability. Imagine that, Rouge with Wonder Woman's abilities, She'd kick almost anyone's ass.

Miss_Faye
Hm I'm going to butt in and have to say that Rogue will easily kick WW ass in a second! Rogue only has to touch her skin and BOOM! she wins...besides Rogue has the strength of Marvel Women..(comic book gotta love them) therefore the same strength....hmmm it'll be a kick ass girl fight...without the claws would be very fun yep yep but nonetheless my money is on Rogue

BobbyD
I leave for a few minutes and this is what happens? Wow...that was entertaining and very fact finding.

Kudos to Drac and Supessecks for putting up a great debate w/o almost getting personal. wink

Mainstream
I think she could suck WW powers dry and the lasso can be broken...but it takes like a super strong or super magical means I think

supessucks
Thank you, Bobby D.

muffin man
x-treme x-men is in the normal marvel universe.
she temporarily had her powers boosted but thats not the point.
ultimate x-men is a different universe.
KAY! dudes and girls.

Mainstream
The ultimate Rogue is like the Rogue in the movies..I refer to her as"Rogue Lite"

radioboy121
Well, it seems Draco69 is apparently the most familiar with the pages of Wonder Woman than most here who aren't in terms with her current incarnation (I'm more familiar with her pre-crisis version).

However, her durability has not been entirely addressed. Perhaps it is due to the rejuvenation of her character after the Crisis of Infinite Earths that her durability has fluctated, since she has since the beginning been associated with her bracelets.

I'm not sure why speed, the durability of the lasso, and possibly strength has been brought up in the match. Unlike Flash, she doesn't go in blazing speeds when shown in one-on-one fights (to my knowledge). This tactic is also not applied to most other characters who go at superhuman speeds. Silver Surfer for instance, despite his speed, doesn't necessarily run into characters as if to splatter them.

Wonder Woman's lasso is part of her arsenal, but she seems to use her fighting skills primarily and the lasso to "disinfect" a character of a chaos in a person. Strength would be more key if the character had less variety for them than these two combatants, or if we were anticipating a wrestling match or weight lifting contest. After a certain figure, the number is irrelevent.

As to Rogue losing her power, it should be fair to at least give her the benefit of the doubt that she has at least her "Marvel Girl" powers as in this thread, people have been pitting characters who either dead or cancelled off in writing.

supessucks
You have a very valid argument radioboy, and it is very significant in my opinion.

Mainstream
I must agree.

RobWolf27
Ok who wins this one? all opinons count.

vaya_the_elf
Wonderwoman, but I would rather see rogue win

pr1983
wonderwoman... this has been done before i'm sure of it... where the hell is draco???

vaya_the_elf
Not sure

srankmissingnin
If it wasn't for WW's speed advantage Rogue would win... and some incarnations can win even dispite that.

Tron
Rob, next time use search before repeating a thread, especially a pretty current one.

Merging

o.g. slaughter
rogue with ability toi fly superstrength, etc. vs wonderwoman. who wins?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>