X-Play

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robo-Chocobo
Anyone here watch X-play?

If not, it's on the channel g4techtv.

its a show about video games where they review video games.

the host are Adam Sessler and Morrigan Web.

SaTsuJiN
T.V.?... whats that? stick out tongue

I've only seen it a few times.. they do fairly decent reviews... they get a lil too enthusiastic though lol... but they do trash the games that deserve trashing

Robo-Chocobo
I remember their review of budokai 3. they actually liked it....but not hte first 2.

"dbz fans are the scariest fans"
"last budokai game we reviewed, I had to start wearing kevlar to work."
"yes , now go back to worshipping your big headed anime gods"

SaTsuJiN
I remember their review of ghost in the shell for ps2.. they said her stupid matrix kick was all you saw through the whole game.. and it knocked out people in one hit even though it didnt touch em

Smasandian
X-Play is funny as hell, and me being a heterosexual male, I find Morgan Webb quite pleasing.
As for the reviews, thier funny and show really good points of why to like or hate the game, but I find the reviews catering towards uneducated or the stupid crowd instead of the gaming crowd.
But then again, this is TV media and not Print or the net so i guess they would have to do it like that.

Electronic Playground/Reviews of the Run/Judgement Day I find that some games they do, i have no idea what they gave it 9.5 or higher. But they do reviews game on thier personal tastes and not on the merit of the game, which I find biased as hell.

forumcrew
they review games way to late you can find more detailed ones online way before hand makes the show pretty pointless for me

dave123
*glances over at the TV forum.... but keeps this here* happy

I've never seen this show.... must be an American thing

Mainstream
watch and love it..I think Judgement day is slightly better though.

WindDancer
When the first was first launch Adam was a pretty good host. Now he acts like a total clown. He isn't even funny! And Morgan sucks at reviewing. She is a total babe.....but sucks at reviews.

JKozzy
Morgan droolio

http://www.fhmus.com/images/girls/webb/1med.jpg

http://www.fhmus.com/girls/covergirls/295/ yes

Mainstream
Morgan is quite hot...how long has Xplay been on the air..and I think Adam is mildly amusing.

ARC Trooper 117
She looks scary in those pictures....scared

JKozzy
She looks a few things... but not scary no2

dave123
meh, nowt special stick out tongue

JKozzy
Oh yes she is droolio

dave123
don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no.... but there's better by far yes

Silver Stardust
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I watch X-Play occasionally, but I like Judgment Day better.

JKozzy
That review video games on your television?

WindDancer
She looks great! What a babe! big grin

Havoc470
the only thing i dont like about some g4tv shows is that hype is basically the ruling factor in most of the games, for example halo2 would get amazing praise and no one would dare mention one flaw, which imo it had quite a few of

that laura chick from g4tv.com is pretty hot, hehe roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robo-Chocobo
*SHUN*
-----------------------------------------
I like watching X-play. it isn't so much a show you watch to tell you so much about the game and a review factor you will bet your life on, but more of a comedic show, where you are told about games you might have missed, and games you werent sure about.

I love it when they review japanese games. Those episodes are the funniest. The games are so messed up.

also, whenever they go to Japan to review said japanese video games, Morrigan Webb always sneaks into play pachinko.

remember the game where you roll everything into a ball?
that review was funny as hell.

"who are the king of space and the prince? if you replay the game and roll up everything possible into a big ball, and then when the king ask if you want to make another moon, say you want stardust.
"the king just made another moon, and then scattered it up. rich people are different."

YES RICH PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT!! THATS THE MEANING OF THE GAME!!

I like watching judgment day for more evened out reviews on games. if they didn't have opinions, it would be a bore.

besides, when ever ANYTHING tron related, or coincidentally has a tron reference or similiar name, Tommy always goes..
"tomas dillinger...like Ed Dillinger the villian...from the movie..
TRO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON" AND runs around in the backround.

Smasandian
The shows are generally funny. Especially X-Play, but for news and reviews of videogames, i take it as a grain of salt.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I really like X play Adam is Funny as shit.But I love the ones when they're in Japan and when Adam dress up like a girl and walk around in Japan.

SaTsuJiN
I like when they ask supposed japanese gamers their feelings on certain games.. and you know japanese have no idea what the hell they just said... and then Xplay makes up their own translation for it

Robo-Chocobo
ditto. it's funny in Japan.

I remember when Adam reviewd a copy of "sexy beach 2"

"this is in no way provocative. she just happens to be rubbing herself on a horizontal palm tree."

and then the condom shop in the backround...he thought it was a hotdog place stick out tongue

and then their is Morrigan's addiction to pachinko

ARC Trooper 117
laughing
That one was funny.....stick out tongue

RoyMC
wach it all the time

TheOne101
I agree with the Koz man 1000%. Morgan is HOT. that's the main reason i watch the show. That and if you listen closely to some reviews they make some funny racist/sexist/homo jokes and its hilarious. They must be paying Adam alot just to not start humping Morgan's leg on air. I know i'd have to be paid alot.

ZomBiE_HunTER
lol

Royal Knight
Originally posted by dave123
*glances over at the TV forum.... but keeps this here* happy

I've never seen this show.... must be an American thing

hehe

TheOne101
I like your avatar Knight. Mike Shinoda Kicks ass as does LP but i wont get into that here smile

st41k3r
Originally posted by Robo-Chocobo
Anyone here watch X-play?

If not, it's on the channel g4techtv.

its a show about video games where they review video games.

the hosts are Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. <- (had to correct grammer)

yea, i watched the whole thing!
i know all about the X-BOX 360, PS3, Nintendo Revolution, And GBA Mini!
got a Q? i got an A! come on, ask me anything abot one of the above. come on! ask! even about halo 2, i know glitches, skulls, tactics,clans, u name it!
(wuz on E3 '05 Live)

TwisterGameX
X Play has gotten so much better from the past it's not even funny. Now they have reviews on there web site(the accual video so if you missed it you could play it)

mattador
Originally posted by JKozzy
Morgan droolio

http://www.fhmus.com/images/girls/webb/1med.jpg

http://www.fhmus.com/girls/covergirls/295/ yes

droolio

TwisterGameX
laughing out loud you guys.

Tru_Slice
It's the Apathy that makes it funny.

Apathy is totally an American thing.

Wolf Dog
I hate G4. Sell outs to the max. G-Phoria, ew, no thank you. I remember when television shows about gaming were rare and only found on your local television stations at an obscure time. Those were the days. But this G4, its ew. The only show worth watching is Electronic Playground. Everything else is so dumbed down and corny its not even funny. And buying The Man Show and Fastlane because they think it appeals to the interests of gamers is just an insult. Down with G4, Tech TV forever.

TwisterGameX
I like Xplay playground, judgement day and anime unleased.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
I hate G4. Sell outs to the max. G-Phoria, ew, no thank you. I remember when television shows about gaming were rare and only found on your local television stations at an obscure time. Those were the days. But this G4, its ew. The only show worth watching is Electronic Playground. Everything else is so dumbed down and corny its not even funny. And buying The Man Show and Fastlane because they think it appeals to the interests of gamers is just an insult. Down with G4, Tech TV forever.

That's gotta be the most dumbest thing I've heared?

How does a channel sell-out?

It's a ****ing TV station, it's meant to be paid for.

Is it a sell-out for showing the Man Show and Fastlane?
No, its a business, and it might attract more people, or keep people entertained. I'm sorry to say, but you cant show X-Play 8 times a day.
You talk about being dumbed down and corny and you say Electronic Playground is the best?
That's gotta be the most dumbed down show in the history of Tech TV, and its not even funny.

Insult to gamers. Yeah, I'm really insulted that a tv station decided to put on show about cars. Who ****ing cares.

Lana
I watched - and like - the first G-Phoria. Why? FFX-2 clips, and the cosplay segment. I'm a cosplayer, and my friend and I were really wishing we lived LA so we could have been on it. Too bad Chicago's just a little too far. At any rate, I still knew people who were on it. Pity they didn't do the cosplay bit again.

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by Smasandian
That's gotta be the most dumbest thing I've heared?

How does a channel sell-out?

It's a ****ing TV station, it's meant to be paid for.

Is it a sell-out for showing the Man Show and Fastlane?
No, its a business, and it might attract more people, or keep people entertained. I'm sorry to say, but you cant show X-Play 8 times a day.
You talk about being dumbed down and corny and you say Electronic Playground is the best?
That's gotta be the most dumbed down show in the history of Tech TV, and its not even funny.

Insult to gamers. Yeah, I'm really insulted that a tv station decided to put on show about cars. Who ****ing cares.

Well, G4 bought TechTV. TechTV was really hardcore tech television. And now they've turned it into this dumbed down MTV type crap channel. I recall them showing some stupid show about hottest girls in gaming and some other stupid specials on stuff like that and thats just not what most techies with a brain want to watch. They've turned Screen Savers from a hardcore tech show to AOTS witch i guess they want to appeal more to the youth demographic but they focus less on hardcore tech news and more on "It Came From Ebay" and "Gems of the Internet" crap. They have Musical Guest for gods sake, thats...just wow. So in a sense they've "sold out" in that they no longer appeal to hardcore techies.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Smasandian
X-Play is funny as hell, and me being a heterosexual male, I find Morgan Webb quite pleasing.
As for the reviews, thier funny and show really good points of why to like or hate the game, but I find the reviews catering towards uneducated or the stupid crowd instead of the gaming crowd.
But then again, this is TV media and not Print or the net so i guess they would have to do it like that.

Electronic Playground/Reviews of the Run/Judgement Day I find that some games they do, i have no idea what they gave it 9.5 or higher. But they do reviews game on thier personal tastes and not on the merit of the game, which I find biased as hell.

It doesn't make since, to me anyway, when you say it caters to an uneducated crowd.

You say the show is good but then you say that. I can't really say much more because I really don't understand these, what i'm guessing,are two contradicting things you are saying.

I watch it and i am certainly not uneducated.

SaTsuJiN
I think some of their crazy style of reviewing keeps it fresh instead of just hearing a monotone voice read off the teleprompter

Smasandian
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
It doesn't make since, to me anyway, when you say it caters to an uneducated crowd.

You say the show is good but then you say that. I can't really say much more because I really don't understand these, what i'm guessing,are two contradicting things you are saying.

I watch it and i am certainly not uneducated.

I'm not sure on what I was thinking at the time, so I cant really argue about it.

But I still never take their reviews with a grain of salt.
And, I hate thier rating system. To score someting out of 5 doesnt really mean much.
For example,
they gave FEAR 4 out 5 (80%) while giving some other game, which isnt as good the same score. I just think they should add a decimal point to actually give a more accurate score.

TwisterGameX
No they say the honest stuff about the game and are very good at it. 1 is in the garbage range 2. is eh rent it once for 5 minutes of fun. 3. is the average games where most fall so you could rent for a good amount oftime or buy it if your a fan but 4 is hell yeah, get the game range with some flase and finally 5/5 is near perfect and is game of the year material and if you check other sites a 10 or 9 is in the range of greatness anyway. they also go in detail so you could decide for yourself.

WindDancer
The show is getting rather dull lately. Too much pointless comedy and bad acting. I'm sure it will pick up once the new generations consoles are released. They can't rely on the next E3 forever.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by WindDancer
The show is getting rather dull lately. Too much pointless comedy and bad acting. I'm sure it will pick up once the new generations consoles are released. They can't rely on the next E3 forever.

The recent ones are funny as ever but the reviews been the same and is good. Go to the xplay site because they have reviews now tha you could click and watch it.

Stan Lee laughing out loud

Smasandian
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
No they say the honest stuff about the game and are very good at it. 1 is in the garbage range 2. is eh rent it once for 5 minutes of fun. 3. is the average games where most fall so you could rent for a good amount oftime or buy it if your a fan but 4 is hell yeah, get the game range with some flase and finally 5/5 is near perfect and is game of the year material and if you check other sites a 10 or 9 is in the range of greatness anyway. they also go in detail so you could decide for yourself.

I know that.
But my point.
Is the should rate the games with a decimal point. To have it out of 5 is too basic. If you do the percentage, 4-5 is 80 per cent. FEAR got that score, it deserved somewhere in the 8.8 to 9.0 range.

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by WindDancer

Don't worry. The 360 is coming out this month.

They'll have more to talk about soon.

AC/DC'S_LVR
okay there's this show on g4tv called X-Play and i love it it's what kept me sane during my time in the dining room after my surgery adam sessler is so awesomeshifty but i don't like morgan webb so well
they might be mean sometimes but they're hilarious kudos (?) to you guys i love you anyone else seen it?tv_happy

powerfulone1987
i like this show too, but this should have been done in the games forum, which there's already a X-Play thread done.

lowrider370
yea x-play rocks

BartmanX
I love that show.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
i like this show too, but this should have been done in the games forum, which there's already a X-Play thread done.
oh ididnt know that...i don't go there well anyway now there's one here
haha

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
okay there's this show on g4tv called X-Play and i love it it's what kept me sane during my time in the dining room after my surgery adam sessler is so awesomeshifty but i don't like morgan webb so well
they might be mean sometimes but they're hilarious kudos (?) to you guys i love you anyone else seen it?tv_happy I love the show too...

AC/DC'S_LVR
i guess no one gets the whole shifty eye movement after saying adam sessler is awesome

BartmanX
i love that show, but sometimes adam standler does some things that are just plain stupid.

AC/DC'S_LVR
it's sessler you dolt

Bloigen
Is it american?

Isredel
Yes.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Isredel
Yes.

Say something funny.

JesuseyGoodness
.....PIE!

AC/DC'S_LVR
http://www.g4tv.com/mediaplayer/index.aspx?video_key=10667
http://www.g4tv.com/mediaplayer/index.aspx?video_key=6874

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.