Most Interesting Country

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
What country is the most interesting? I have always found Albania very interesting. How it is distant for Europe and other countries. Its not that anymore, probably, but still, it is interesting.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/flags/al-flag.gif

And it has the coolest flag.

I myself live in Finland.

We almost kicked the Soviet Union's asses. laughing out loud

What countries are the most interesting to you?

Jackie Malfoy
I would say Italy because I was born there!JM

KharmaDog
Okay let's ignore the entire history of the roman empire. The renaissance and all the genius and art of the time. Let's ignore a large chunk of European history all together.

What makes Italy interesting is that Jackie was born there?

wacko What the f**k? huh messed no

Corran
Hey, the question was 'What countries are most interesting to you?'. Jackie chose Italy AND gave a reason, she answered the question - just because the answer was not to your liking does not mean you should post a derogatory post.

KharmaDog
Sorry Corran, maybe I got a little carried away, but it's still a lame answer. Why does being born there make it interesting? That might be an interesting post, or at least would make sense.

Corran
Maybe it's interesting to her because she was born there but raised elsewhere - she could be keen to know more of the place of her birth, or she could find it interesting because of the Roman Empire, we should not be quick to dismiss people and their posts if we know not the reasons for them.

Clovie
you mean like the most interesting history?
or the most interesting politics
or the most interesting=nice ppl
or nice views..

or what? huh

dean7879
britain is the most interesting country! cos of our interesting history smile

manny321
EGYPT!!!

WindDancer
I'd go with Japan. Very technological nation and interesting culture.

yerssot
tell me when it got interesting laughing out loud

Napalm
America is a compostic of all cultures

KharmaDog
What the heck is a compostic?

PVS
compostic: intolerant laughing out loud

Evy_O
well, we have albanian immigrants here in Greece and, even though I'm not a racist, I have to say that the majority or lots of them are annoying... they spend their day hitting on every female living being that is not from Albania... and in a quite vulgar way no expression

no offense, some are really nice and all, just wouldn't vote it as the most interesting country messed

yerssot
that's why they left albania; not interesting enough to them wink

ZomBiE_HunTER
Same here and I hope one day I would be able visit or maybe live there.

KharmaDog
As much as I love the country in which I was born and now live, any country that currently isn't under 3 feet of snow is looking pretty damn interesting.

Evy_O
they are generally not very goodlooking people *ashamed to say that* embarrasment

yerssot
even more reason for the guys to leave laughing out loud

Afro Cheese
I think it'd be cool to visit Spain, but as far as living goes.. I wouldn't want to live in another country.

KidRock
Japan seems interesting.. cant wait to go there one day

Cid
Japan looks awesome with all the Tech stuff etc

dean7879
read it up..if u aint got no knowledge of anythin
anyway..britains probably more intersting than the place your from cool

Lord_Andres
I want to go see Italy or Scotland, castles and stuff big grin

yerssot
I believe the only fun thing is Henry wanting more wifes stick out tongue

dean7879
i think the only reason he wanted so many wives is so he could kill em ..the fat git

yerssot
you would have thought he learned that they are nothing but a pain after the third time

baracustastic
I reckon Scotland, I'm biassed but screw it.

Before there was even a Scotland we were giving the Romans a good fight, then the Norsemen, then partly thanks to England being greedy we became Scotland when we kicked their arse for centuries.

One of the earliest forms of the people choosing a King (rather than the other way round) documented in the Declaration of Independence (this was also used in the drafting of the American constitution).

The James VI bible.

The failed attempt at a colony located where the Panama canal is now. The colonists were going to provide a trade route over the short strip of land. Good Idea. The English screwed the colonists.

The Jacobite risings and the Clearances. Where kilts bagpipes and gaelic culture in general was banned and large numbers of highlanders were shipped to the colonies to be repaced by sheep.

The Scottish Enlightenment when Edinburgh and Glasgow were the centres of learning in Europe.

All our inventions essential to modern life. Phone, TV, Penicillin, tarmac, tyres, bikes, etc.....

Kilts, bagpipes, hogmanay, halloween, Burns, Castles, Irn Bru, loads of other cheesy yet cool stuff.

Scotland is ace.

dean7879
kicked our arse...my arse
we invented football, william fox talbot gave us photography,
the hovercraft was invented in england, the kniting machine, the steam engine, all the scottish inventions are great too....makes u proud to be british

baracustastic
British *cough, splutter, vomit*. No thank you.

Repeated Military attempts by the English to subjugate Scotland failed. Miserably.

Steam power was invented by James Watt, a Scotsman.

dean7879
steam engine - Thomas Newcomen 1705

baracustastic
Okey dokey Dean. My mistake, it seems Watt made drastic and fundamental improvements to the Steam Engine invented by yon English bloke.

Love s bit of Scots vs English, good for a giggle

Tex
JAPAN raver

dean7879
yeah lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1235000/images/_1235948_gazz150.jpg
ring any bells? big grin

baracustastic
far too many bells Dean, far too many.

Disturbingly difficult to find any pictures opposite to that one of the fat, elbow-swinging, head-butting Geordie.

Ach well 1999, Wembley. Hutchison header, 1-0 us. A hollow victory but it was so close, so bloody close. Glorious failure, what I wouldn't give to fail gloriously once more.

Still can always laugh at England hyping, hyping, hyping.......*POP* (that was the bubble bursting in Mexico, Germany, Italy, Sweden, England, France, Holland/Belgium, Jap/Kor and last but not least Portugal)

Imperial_Samura
Ah, a good question. I have always been thoroughly fascinated by Japan and China, in terms of history and culture, great stuff, and nice people I have found as well. Also Turkey simply for Istanbul, the city that was once the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire - Constantinople. *sighs longingly.

silver_tears
Most of Europe really erm
Greece for example, and Italy, Britain, and Germany, basically all the oldest "nations" in the world love

finti
he made it in 1712, but to be technichal Denis Papin a french huguenot made a model of a pston steam engine qround 1680 and Thomas Savery patented an steam engine in 1698, Savery later teamed up with Newcomen and they developed an improved version of it in 1712.

jsut to be a bit technically the area as we know as Germany today aint all that old, it was made up of a load of a load of smaller states( and wasnt unified as a modern nation state before 1871. The only really old nation you mentioned are Greece big grin. The areas on the other hands have a load of ancient history though.

silver_tears
I know, I didn't want to go into how they were joined and blah blah blah big grin

Circadian Rythm
Djibouti, Africa

DarkCrawler
I've never been to Djibouti. What is cool in there? Are you from Djibouti?

Evy_O
I second Greece. That's the spirit stick out tongue

KharmaDog
Actually I'd put egypt and the assyrian and babylonian nations as among the oldest, maybe ancient greece too.

But Italy, Germany and Britain were just a hodge-podge of tribes when these other cultures were establishing civilizations

finti
yeah but where are they now besides being more or less back woods countries

KharmaDog
Where there are now has no bearing on how long they been around. I'm just saying that they are older is all.

yerssot
same goes for greece though, they just formed a united country when they were under attack and later under Phillipos II and Alexander the Great, all the other time they were just polis-cities

Evy_O
true that, but there was the idea of the Greek nation, just not a country officially. And no friendship between those cities either messed

Ushgarak
I assumed she meant longest-lasting, not earliest created. I doubt she was angling to find Sumeria the most interesting place on Earth.

yerssot
I have the idea of a pink elephant with red dots in my mind, doesn't mean it exists stick out tongue

Evy_O
it's not the same, smarthead stick out tongue

they knew that they were greeks like people that live in NY know that they are americans, thankyouverymuch raver

yerssot
is that what you think or is that actually written down somewhere, professor? stick out tongue

Evy_O
written down in my history books stick out tongue there smart

yerssot
and they are always right laughing out loud

Evy_O
do I sense some sarcasm mister? detective

The Omega

yerssot
your powers of observation do you credit

DarkCrawler
Anybody seen Rammstein's "Amerika"? The music video. An muslim praying in Nike shoes, Buddhist monks eating cheese-burgers, African tribes ordering pizza....

Its funny.

phinney6
I would love to see Australia!!!

Corran
Been there, done that, Greece, Kenya, Canada, England Belgium and Norway are sooo much better

ARC Trooper 117
Canada was mentioned! eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.