Double entry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corran
Does anyone know anything about double entry accounting/book-keeping?

I have recently been dealing with a problem we have and I struggled to understand fully about how double entry works, any help would be most appreciated.

Mane
Yeah hookers usually charge double for that kind of thing.

Gisele
I hope this helpsMGS 1301: Elements of Book-keeping (3 credits)
This course is designed to introduce students with little or no background in accounting to the elementary principles. Topics to be covered include, the nature and scope of accounting; concepts and convention, the nature of business transactions, and the preparation of petty cash book and the two-and three column cash books. Preparation of the subsidiary books of entry (i.e. the journals); posting to ledger accounts and extraction of a simple trial balance would also be taught, the preparations of trading and profit and loss accounts and balance sheet Not involving adjustments and more complex items.

MGS 1302: Principles of Accounting (3 credits)
The Nature of Business transactions. Definition of Accounting; the scope and function of Financial Accounting, Book-keeping, Types of business organisations. The accounting equation, the theory of double entry book-keeping based, on the accounting equation, Journalising postings and nature of Accounts, Balancing and Trial Balance. Unadjusted Profit and Loss Account and Balance sheet. Adjustments, prepayments, accruals, correction of errors etc. Adjusted P. & I. and Adjusted Balance Sheet. Subsidiary books of account. Cash book and bank reconciliation statement, sales Day and Purchases Day Book. Receipts and payments Expenditure and Income Account. Single Entry. Nature of partnership and Legal aspects. The adjustments in partnership Accounts, interest of capital, interests on drawings and partners salaries. Admission of new partners. Removal/Retirement of partners. Dissolution of partnership.

Korri
these threads are getting worse roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corran
Gisele understands me, not my fault the rest of you don't

Arachnoidfreak
Oh Corran, you twisted, twisted man.

Kosta
Goldfish

The Tired Hiker
Accounting is soooooooo boring. erm

Corran
confused cry

Corran
That's possibly why I find it hard to understand.

Korri
bite me evil face

Corran
Sure, where?

shellie
hug time ?

badboy2004
double entry is that where both entries must balance at the end because if they don't it means u have an error somewhere and u have to go back through it and correct it or is it an account where theres a debit u always have a credit

Corran
Cool, thanks, I see your accounting knowledge is far superior to your English grammar stick out tongue

Corran
thanks hug

badboy2004
thanx i just done an exam on it a couple of weeks ago so i know i thought it would come in handy

shellie
hug anytime sexy

Corran
See, it is worth listening to the teachers afterall.

Korri
im not telling you smile

Corran
Then I shan't comply with your request.

Korri
cry

Corran
How can I if I know not where?

Korri
the choice is yours pimp

Corran
evil face righty-ho!

nitro-swicked
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.