Will there ever in your lifetime be a Black President/Primeminster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Ok i know we were talking about women being President, now the question i want to ask you can a black or asian person be the President of the USA.

I belive sadly that it won't happen it my time because there are still alot of people out there who are 'racist' and they would want to see a black President.

Sometimes i think we are going forwards in are technolgical advances but we are also going backwords on how we are becoming as people sad

What are views i have put a poll to see what moest people think

And remember please keep this clean and try not to insult anyone we are discussing are views.

§pearhead
I'd love to see a black president: however, I believe the chances of there being one in the coming future is slim to none.

ash007
yeah but there are still some people out there who dont like anyone but whites

SlickRick69
I think politics, at least as much as anything else, if not, in fact, moreso than most things, is rarely about the Black and White, in more ways than one.

It's like the 'President' isn't really running things any way, it all goes to committee and special interests and dirty dealing back room and under the table type things, flip-flop compromises, all the president's men running the 'big show' while he just makes all their speeches, reads all their words, nods or shrugs or shakes head and shakes hands with them, for them, and pretends to be 'KING' or something... the color of the guy/girl's skin seems quite irrelevant, really...

it's just politics any way, nothing ever changes, regardless who's 'in charge' (or at least what color or shape of ass polishes the cushy chair in the Oval Office, if not actually 'runs the show'...

just my opinion

WindDancer
Same here I really want to see an African American president!!! Or any other ethnic group as long as it breaks the current chain of Presidents. To be honest as long as the president helps the state is fine by me.

eleveninches
I think there should be a black president/prime minister eventually, and I am not racist, but the sad fact of the matter is that a lot of people are racist, or at least prejudice against coloured people. So, I can't really see it happening within my lifetime.

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
i dont see it happening but as long as its not al sharpton.. i dont care personally i think it wil help the american culture grow...

BarmyBrummie
well here in birmingham, they just elected the first black bishop of birmingham big grin one small step but hey, its something right? big grin

Jeff_Atello
I really think there will be one, just as I really think we will soon have a woman president. It may be asking too much of White Americans to forget about their sexist and racist biases, but I truly believe we will have a black president in my lifetime.

steely balls
i would like one but realistically it won't happen, there is sad chance if it does happen that the president will most likely be assassinated

SK88728
sooner or later there will be

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.