Reasons why to stay from Region 4 DVDs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
Some of them have NO special features.

They only have Directors Cuts on them for the movies made with them.
The Region 4 'The Butterfly Effect' DVD only had the Directors Cut. Luckily I bought the infinifilm off Amazon.

That's why I buy most of them off Amazon because they're good Region 1 DVDs'.

MildPossession
The region 4 dvds I have contain plenty of extras, especially the Rocky Horror Picture Show dvd, so did the Undead dvd.

Humm, those are the only region 4 dvds I have lol.

I mostly get region 2 and region 3.

Mane
I only buy Region 1. smile

Red Superfly
There's a region 4? What the f**k?

dean7879
i buy region 2 mostly...but ive got a few region 1's

The Inkeeper
sombody explain this 'region' thing?

dean7879
region 1 dvds will only play in the United States of America, Canada
region 2 - Europe, Japan, the Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland
Region 3 - Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong
Region 4 - Mexico, South America, Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Caribbean
Region 5 - Russia (okay, former Russia), Eastern Europe, India, most of Africa, North Korea, Mongolia
Region 6 - China

discs manufactured in one region will usually only play on players that were manufactured in that same region - this means that discs bought or imported from Japan will not play on U.S. players, and vice versa, unless u have a multiregional dvd player, then you can play dvds of all regions.

Snipes
im australian and only a handful of my dvds dont have special features.

MildPossession
And they are beautiful things smile

dean7879
they truely are

Solo
Do these region hack codes actually work?

Mane
Mine didn't. erm

BlackC@t
My DVD player's multi region, it plays every region smokin'

SlipknoT
I only have region 1

BlackC@t
For some reason they don't make multi-region DVD players in the states. But when you think about it, there's not point for you guys because I have yet to see a bad Region 1.

SlipknoT
WHats the point to having regions on DVD's?

Mane
3 words: James Bond Boxset. As of now its only in Region 2. sad

BlackC@t
We have a Region 4 James Bond boxed set too.

dean7879
region 2 shaun of the dead is better than the region 1 release
most region 2's are better

MildPossession

Red Superfly
Yeah, Region 2's are better.

We may have to wait a bit longer but I like Region 2 DVD's better.

HOWEVER! I am utterly disgusted that I shall have to import a Region 1 version of the Batman: Animated Series because there IS NO REGION 2 VERSION!

My PC and DVD player is multi-region, plus you can get Region X for your PS2 which lets you play any DVD on your PS2.

MildPossession
I have a dvd player on my PC, but I have three more options until it locks on one region, know anything I can use to use any region any number of times?

You can buy Batman Animated Series on region 2 dvd, well volume one and two, legends begins, tales of the dark knight. Don't know if that is what you are on about.

Mane
I ordered Batman: TAS Volume 1 on DVD not too long ago. I think it's coming in tomnorrow.

dean7879
its according what dvd player you have
the code worked for my dvd player

Red Superfly
No, those are the crappy "fake" boxsets. They aren't the ENTIRE series' even though they are a similar price.

The Region 2 Batman TAS DVDs are just Series One, divided into three separate box sets - with a lot of episodes missing. We don't even get any of Series 2.

Region 1 now has the ENTIRE series 1 boxset AND the Entire Series 2 boxset. Lucky SOBs.

Don't get the Region 2 Batman DVD's they are a rip-off.

MildPossession
I wasn't going to buy them lol.

BlackC@t
Region 2 'Return of the Living Dead 3' has the full uncut version, region 1 has the cut version and I don't think region 4 has it, so I bought region 2 uncut happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.