If you were Anakin, would you fall to the Dark Side?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
Of course!

Sorry if this has been done before but the search came up with nothing.

Arsenal
Probably not, but I would be a little moody and violent alot.

ReallyBad
I like being good, but as my name suggests it is much more fun being ReallyBad - so yes I would turn dark if I were Anakin cool smokin'

Ushgarak
Bit of a circular question that. If you WERE Anakin, then of course you would fall, because Anakin DID.

You could ask 'if you were in Anakin's position, would you fall?', but the problem with that is that if you are not Anakin, you almost certainly wouldn't get yourself into the position he is in.

The plot and the events of that plot are so tied in to who Anakin is that it does not make sense any more if you apply different motivations.

ReallyBad
I think you thought too much into this Ushgarak - although you are correct in what you say.

Red Superfly
Yeah, I know I would turn to the darkside.

I'd also find it hard to be celibate - no wonder he gets frustrated with being a Jedi.

If I came to a point in my life and reflected upon my life, realising:

- The Jedi kidnapped me
- I lost my mother because I wasn't there
- I was conscripted to fight in a war because I was a Jedi
- I wanted a family but the Jedi wouldn't allow it

I'd walk up to Sidious and say "Where do I sign?"

punkkaveman
I would turn for those same reasons^^^

guiro72
is the title of this thread, like, the best geek pick-up line ever, or what?....

Boris
Yes.... Yes I would

BAILY
If I was Anakin, I would never leave Padme's bedroom.... yes and neither would she.... eek!

Happy Dance Happy Dance

BAILY
Seriously though, Ani cant help that everyone is using him for their own purposes..... he is confused and doesnt know what to do... Palpy offers him "answers" he wants... so he goes to the Dark Side..... and so would I.

Red Superfly
Also, what was so damn wrong with the Empire?

Palpatine wants to rule the galaxy? So what? Nothing changes, the Empire wants order, not chaos. And they are badass.

I'd turn in an instant, seriously. In fact I don't even see The Empire as evil. It's not like Palpatine is nasty to Vader - he seems like a good friend.

I mean, you're down at the bar, someone accuses you of looking at his girlfriend, who would you rather have; Yoda or Darth freaking Sidious backing you up?

The Jedi had to die because they are too stupid and narrow minded, and would rather sit on their comfy little cushions and talk all day instead of kicking ass. TEAM EMPIRE F*CK YEAH!!!!!!

You can hire Bounty Hunters and everything!

TheFilmProphet
True, lol

XX Emperor XX
would I turn to the dark side? <----------my user name says it all evil face

TheFilmProphet
My avatar and sig speak for me as well.

smoker4
No i would have bumped watto off and taken over his business, cornering the market in second hand nubian parts

Creechuur
I'd have to be overly-analytical here like Ush, and say of course I would since thats how Lucas wrote the story.

Besides, apparently, the only way to bring balance to the Force is to turn bad, kill off most of the good, but have kids that will eventually punk my sugar daddy and forgive me for all the evil I did.

NoFate007
I'd like to say I would stay true, but if anger and fear lead to the dark side, and if I thought that the powers could help people since I'm big on that, yes I'd turn. I'd fall to the dark side, probably not quickly, and idk if I'd be a murderous person, but I'd end up using the dark side and I'd get the freaky eyes lol.

lucasfilm
DUDE!!! i would totally go to the darkside! i eman think about the benefits!!!!

DenKi
I wouldnt like to stay good and boring all my life, thats just no fun, i would just die of bordness.

jjwil76
you bet i'd join the sith and watto would be the first little rat bastard on my s#itlist!

NoFate007
jjwil, you bring up a good point. I retract my comment about not being murderous, I'd kill Watto. And Jar Jar....ruthlessly.

mtryder
Fall to the Dark Side? Nah. Forsake the Jedi Order? Definitely. If I were the most powerful Force user in history, I wouldn't answer to any would-be superior. I would act for good, but by my own definition.

Lobo
The Darkside you say? Sounds like fun.

JediMasterLuke
Exactly bump the darkside, I am the Chosen One i build my own empire. I dont wait until someone else sets the rules. Anakin shouldve knocked Sidious off when he had a chance.

Ben-Kenobi
Id probly fall but as obi-wan i wouldnt of let him fall to the dark side

JediMasterLuke
Superfly I know you didnt just mean that, what did Sidious tell Luke in ROTJ, kill your father and take his place by my side that doesnt seem like a friend to me. Sids has never liked Vader just used the dumb fool for his own means until Luke stepped in the picture. Also chaos continued even when the empire was established.
Also I dont believe all of the jedi are stupid and narrow minded, heck their reign lasted for 1000 years that saying a lot. Also if they were stupid, then why would they bother finding a way to save their punk traitor friend Vader in the form of a force ghost. I'll take a friend like that anyday than one that tells my own son to kill me. wink

JediMasterLuke
True but maybe Obi tried the best he could but with someone as headstrong as Anakin it would be quite difficult. I mean this young fool gave up everything for this woman and in the end because of his evil ways killed her. I am like you dummy you, whats the point of going to the darkside if you cant keep your woman. LOL laughing

evil_anakin
no .....if i had a choice i would choose the light....but if i went through wat ani went through then yes i would choose the dark....in a way his fall 2 the dark side is justified....from a certain point of view

JediMasterLuke
Yeah but what did Anakin exactly go through. I mean he had the potential to become the greatest jedi ever and to be a good husband and a great father and he threw it all away and based upon what? The jedi not allowing him to have love for Padme. sad

zavin
If only the jedi could change their training rules....

JediMasterLuke
Well they probably couldve had the Sith not wiped out their order but hey Luke is the new so maybe a new training started with him.

mtryder
So? He can reject the jedi. Doesn't mean he has to fall to the darkside though, still

Bardock42
**** yes I would. But if I was anakin with ten I would kill myself.

Red Superfly
What is it with my sarcasm and its flying-over-poeples-heads?

To hell with friends you can hire Teh Bobba Fetz!!!!!!!one!!1!!1!!!

And you can have fun with Stormtroopers, commanding them to jump into the nearest Sarlecc pit and play Intergalactic Lemmings. Such fun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.