Just saw X-Men 2 movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
I never seen the movie at the cinema, yesterday i rent the DVD, and it was not a good experience.
Here is it how it works for me:
They keep dressing up X-Men with those black suits, they are the worst costume i ever seen on a hero, Spidey wears his classic costume with only 1change, DareDevil wears a near similar costume, Hulk, uh he wears pants, he only wears pants.
The X-Men looks like they are going to a sadomaso party with those leather suits.The movie should be called Wolverine: Return to Weapon X.
In the first, he joined the X-Men to save Rogue, in the second he come back just to become the center of the movie, they all reach Weapon X cause it's the leader of the project, Stryker that force Nightcrawler to attack the President of U.S.A.
Cyclops is still the same actor, that looks like a 19years old guy, he's not tall, he's not muscular like Scott Summers, and the only good thing about him is the optic blast CGI effect.
Storm, that unleash two tornadoes against the army jets, and don't unleash a lightning?She could simple give the commands of the X-Jet to
They introduce:
Pyro:
At last, one if not the better in the movie, he blast the Police car, and put some action in a boring scene where Logan was just staying in front of the house without defending himself against the Police.
Colossus:
Throw two soldiers through a wall, then Logan sends him helping the young students.It was the good occasion to introduce a strong and loved character but they missed it.The metal body transformation CGI was good anyway.
Lady DeathStrike:
She was beating the living crap out of Logan, that's crap.He fought like a poor idiot, when against high trained soldiers in X-Mansion he fought like an expert warrior that knows how to slice and kill people.
Syrin:
She only shout for a few before she gets put to sleep by the soldiers
The "Old Characters"
Nightcrawler
Transformed into a fanatic cristian mutant, that dress up like a homeless and has no flur on his body, he also is full of slash.He cut himself cause he hate himself.They transform him into a psycho with teleport powers.
Magneto
Probably the worst of all the characters in the movie.
Ian McKellen is a very good actor, but he can't be Magneto.
In comics Magneto is over 6feet tall, he's muscular, he looks more young, and his powers can be seen.In comics when he use magnetic powers the drawers draw the energy effect of the powers.In the movie Magneto's powers looks like telekinesis, if you're not a Marvel reader you don't know how he can do this until they told you.

IceMan
Bobby Drake just talk in a "bravado way" with Pyro, and blast a guy with some ice, and thats all.

Rogue
She just stays around without doing anything, except for kissing IceMan or dressing up with the uniform.Why did they put her in the original X-Men formation?WHY?

Mystique
RRR is a nice woman, but the make up of her Mystique is not what is supposed to be "based" on the comic book.Mystique skin is smooth, she hasn't got spikes and other things.
About the interpretation, RRR is good in both combat scenes and dialogues scenes, she's one of the few that put up a decent interpretation.

Jean Grey
Like Magneto, no visual effects for her powers, except for the shield she use to block Cyclop's attack.She get possessed from the Phoenix Force with no explanation, and if you don't read X-Men comics you can't know why her eyes are glowing you'll just ask youself, what is happening here?Why her eyes are glowing and why there's the shadow of a bird under the BlackBird?

Wolverine
Hugh Jackman is not the perfect Wolverine, but he pull out the character in a good manner.But they let Logan fight like a killing machine against soldiers, like an enraged beast against LD.

Storm
In the first movie she's used like a punching ball from Toad, then she finally blast him with a lightning and thats all.The only good thing about Halle Berry acting are his breasts.In the second movie, she cause the X-Jet to get hitted by missiles, when they could simple let her give the commands to Jean and go out blasting the missiles or the Army's jets.

Professor Xavier
The scene in which he blocks the minds of the humans in the general store is good, but they don't let him says i block the people here to let us go away without problems.You have to understand it on your own if you don't know who is Prof X.

Finally i give the movie a 6+ just cause it was fun to take me busy for 2hours or less, but i hope they do a more better work with the 3rd.

Jason Horan
Ok thats too much for me to read so ill just take a stab at what your talking about laughing out loud the movie was good, hmm yes the dark phoniex should be in X3...nuff said big grin

ReallyBad
X2 kicked ass - the best beginning to a movie since Star Wars 1977.

pr1983
ok... i agree with most of that...

but a couple of things...

the reason they draw magnetism and t.k. in comics is that there is no motion, its 2d and flat, in the movies you can see the effects of his powers...

and i thought mckellan physically was wrong, but character and personality wise i thought he nailed the character...

i thought jackmans was a good wolverine... he went from nutcase killer to military man the same way comic logan did... i thought the deathstrike fight was good...

and i liked nightcrawler, i know he was different but imagine how hard fur would have been to do...

K3VIL
about Wolvie and the berserker rage you're right pr, but the flur thing about Nightcrawler, if they can make the CGI of an airplane, and of an optic blast, they can do it for the flur.
I think that give a "soul" of for better understand a an energy visual effect to telekinesis and magnetism would rend it better, but it's just my own opinion.

pr1983
about the fur, i think cg is easy to do for say an action sequence, but an emotional scene, one where hes just sitting there talking, i think it'd be incredibly difficult to do, i dont think technology is quite there yet...

about the t.k. and magnetism, how do you think they could look? like beams? or waves? just curious...

K3VIL
Like waves when they lift/move something or Magneto rips apart and manipulate metals, when Jean emits a telekinetic blast or magneto an electrical blast or something related to electromagnetic spectrum like beams.The creation of the fur on the body in dialogue or emotional scenes can be made, it has been do in other movies, i can be do with X-Men movies it's not so hard, maybe the ILM or Digital Dimension can pull out it.

pr1983
maybe, but fur like kurt's is almost skin tight... its more like fur on a cat... i'd love to see it though...

Paola
oh yeah!! Nightcrawler's scene kicked ass!! rock

Mainstream
It was above average.

pr1983
the scene or the movie?

Mainstream
the scene...and the movie I guess..X2 was kinda lacking...but it was good. I give it a B+ to an A- one of them I'm not sure which.

pr1983
christ... i'd fail it if it werent for kelly hu and colossus...

Mainstream
Did she even speak in the movie...I wish they'd use a different cast of Xmen...mabye keep Wolverine and Rogue..provided..Rogue gets "MissMarvelized" Storm, Scott, Jean, Iceman and the others get captured by someone. Xavier has to recurit Archangel, Psylocke, Gambit, Beast, Collosus to help Logan and Rogue against Juggerant or something...hmmmm that might work...

pr1983
she had like two lines... i had no problem with that...

cyclops went missing for the last movie, it better not happen again...

Mainstream
yeah...he was bearly in it...you realize Banshee girl was in X2...mabye an Xforce movie is in the works....someday.

pr1983
unless the comic booms in sales i dont think so...

Mainstream
ironically....I love Xforce but since the relauch I haven't bought an issue..I gotta go support my second favorite Xman team...I'll do it later...mabye.

Evolution-cubed
Look at the X Men movies like this:

For those that do not know the history of the Xmen and the Marvel Universe, certain additions in the movie will not make sense. Just like the with the X men cartoon that aired on the WB, it is a different approach to introduce these characters to a new and younger audience. Marvel existed before most of us were even born. However, those of us who have older siblings that collected comics, we had the history at our finger tips. We know the how many times this character died, the resurrections the issues of what ifs, the story lines, the cross-overs, marriages, break-ups, all of that. But try explaining how Mystique, Nightcrawler, and Rouge are related to someone who has never picked up a comic book. While seeing the whole X-Universe would please a whole lot of viewers, it would confuse a whole lot more.

pr1983
true, but we're not asking for confusing storylines, just a decent adapation of the characters we all know and love...

Evolution-cubed
When you say we, you're still talking about the ones who know the history. I saw it with some friends that have no idea about X Men, but they are fans of the movie. This is not just about the Marvel fans, it's about movie goers that like to see a well made movie.

pr1983
i know, but its for us as much as the movie going public who aren't fans...

i did the same and my friends loved it...

roguegirl15
Originally posted by Evolution-cubed
When you say we, you're still talking about the ones who know the history. I saw it with some friends that have no idea about X Men, but they are fans of the movie. This is not just about the Marvel fans, it's about movie goers that like to see a well made movie.
Didn't really know much about it either till after the movie but I became a fan and loved it!It is a well made movie that people need to watch out for other things besides the obvious.Yeah the costumes need more but i'd suggest watchin it more than once .tv_happy

Lady_Jade
I like the first one better but part 2 was pretty good. It ticks me off that they underuse Storm in the X-Men movies though.

OmegaStorm
Don't worry. Storm should be getting more use in X3. She complained to the makers and they should be giving her more screentime. She said in one interview that they are going to let her make use of her cape (wink wink).

pr1983
Yeah, but she'll still be halle berry, and still shit...

munkiesarus
Originally posted by OmegaStorm
Don't worry. Storm should be getting more use in X3. She complained to the makers and they should be giving her more screentime. She said in one interview that they are going to let her make use of her cape (wink wink).

Ech. She "used" her cape in the first film when the gigantic off-screen fan was blasting at her in the Statue of Liberty. Of course, it was tied to her wrists or something so it just had a parachute effect.

I don't think they should go onto flying so much in the films. I mean, it works in the comics because when you've got to show six X-Men together in five inches, some floor room is saved when we can have Storm or Rogue up in the air. But the films, you've got the largest set in Vancouver, so everyone can walk around fine. Flying will be done cheaply and pathetically...so meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.