Death From Above 1979

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Df02
ok, going for it...
anyone heard/like them? 2-man band, Bassist and Drummer, with synth aswell i think.

Touring UK atm, just released their album ' You're a woman i'm a machine ' and have released 2 singles 'Blood on our hands' and 'Romantic Rights'

if you havent heard them theyre well well well worth a listen, very experimental and very refreshing musically... hard to describe the music tho

http://www.deathfromabove1979.com/
the website has a few tracks u can listen to on it... gettin tickets to their london gig aswell i hope thumb up

all in all...9/10 haha

Alpha Centauri
I like the odd song. "Do It", "Romantic Rights", "Sexy Results".

But besides that I think they're a bit of a novelty coz they sound different. Hopefully not. I think they should develop their sound more in an album or two, I'll probably like em a bit more then.

Sometimes I just can't find anything to get into. Jesse needs to lay off the bass distortion pedal, uses it too much.

-AC

Df02
yea, the bass distortion is overused sumtimes, but to be fair u'd need to use it alot to get the variation in sound that u otherwise would look for by having different instruments. he needs to find a decent balance, it is the first public release album i think as far as i know...so still loads of time to develop the sound, aswell as find that perfect balance.

a very unique and pretty decent (talentwise) release...also providing some very good songs...my favourites are:

-Turn it out
-Romantic Rights
-Blood on our hands
-Going Steady
-Sexy Results

Wolf Dog
Wow i thought i was the only one

Alpha Centauri
Such a weird (visually, and when you say it) title.

"Sexy Results".

Just an unusual pairing of words.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Tis a crap band name.

Alpha Centauri
I believe they added they year on the end because someone who's name I forget, from LCD Soundsystem, also has a band called DFA which stands for the same thing.

Still isn't very good.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Not 'still'. That is the reason, you Alan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.