Re-Writing Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
OK, if I had the chance, I would LOVE to re-write Superman. He's one character I think has some amazing potential, but is rediculously overpowerred and therefore wasted.

I'd make him a definitive Superman. I liked his original origin where he could leap buildings but not fly. Kryptonians would live in a harsher environment and a heavier gravity than humans, so I would base his character off of that.

Super-durability/stamina/toughness: Normal bullets won't harm him, a fall or a building crushing him will cut him but he'll be fine.

Healing: Not Wolverine-like, but close. He'd have to stop fighting for a few minutes.

Super strength and speed: Faster than the speed of sound, but he ACCELERATES up to that point i.e. he can't instantly go from 0 to 60 in a split second.

No-flying: Super jump like the Hulk would make more sense.

Amazing eyesight: Can see in the dark like Riddick, can't see through walls or fire lazers - that's so lame. Seeing in the dark is what a Super-MAN could do, but since when does eye lazers fall into a Super-MAN ideal?

Super-hearring: On par with Daredevil

Vocal-scream: He'd have super vocal chords that would allow him to scream and shatter things.

In fact, Wolverine has more in common with a SuperMAN than Superman does. Wierd.

Anyone got any ideas? Or do you like him how he is?

Draco69
Superman is fine the way he is. Superman can be beaten. Thor on the hand is ridiculously powerful...

Mr Parker
I agree with Draco.

Bardock42
No actually Supes is an iddiot to rewrite him would be good

crazy
I don't like how he's so overpowered either =/

Draco69
Superman isn't overpowered. He can be beaten. If we lessen Superman than Thor, Silver Surfer and Spawn should be too.

ash007
indeed and Superman should fly thats the main power that actually defines him. You ask any person out on the street and they will say that the most recognised power of superman is his flying Ability.

Tron
Some people don't know this, but Stan Lee did a project with DC a few years ago, called "Just Imagine...", where he remade some of DC's top characters such as Superman, Batman, and others in his image.

pr1983
i saw that tron, batman was like an actual bat... it was really weird...

Draco69
I liked the Humming Bird Flash girl. The others were completely ridiculous. The Aquaman was okay

Tron
I have yet to read or learn much about it yet. I only found out about it like a few weeks ago. How did Stan do Superman?

Draco69
He turned him into a arrogant, unlikable intergalactic space policeman.

Tron
Doesn't surprise me.

Mainstream
Batman was Black and proud!!!!!! in stan Lee's just imagine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.