My teacher...True or not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BarmyBrummie
My english teacher said today that there is gonna be a nucleur war in 2006 and we are all gonna die. She said it really seriously too. Is this really gonna happen or was it a really horrible joke she used to keep us quiet? Its been bugging me all day. Im too young to diesad

Orlando Bloom03
Lieing B!tch!!!

silver_tears
you never know erm

Orlando Bloom03
..........I vote no war soo

LIEING B!TCH!!!!!!!!!!

WindDancer
When I was a kid, teachers would always said that the USSR and the US were gonna nuke each other out. Some even predicted that by 1989 both countries were going to fire nukes at each other.

We made it to 2004 and we are still alive. To make this short.....don't listen to teachers opinions......just listen to the lectures.

SK88728
if Bush is re-electer as president of the US, it most likely will.....

Orlando Bloom03
^Poo you!!

Linkalicious
I bet N. Korea will be the next to drop the bomb. I hope those guys at Northrop Gruman have that laser turret that shoots down missles from miles away perfected when that day comes...

*gets shovel and starts digging a bomb shelter*

Kaleanae
is like the Y2K "thing"... nothing happened

Fire
almost no country in the world will use a nuke not even the US

only under VERY VERY VERY grave circumstances will they ever do it.

I don't see it happening in the near future certainly not before 2006

Linkalicious
well like it or not...there will be another nuclear explosion on this planet, if not several.

But i don't think it will have to do with war. I think nuclear explosions will occur while men learn to harness its power to do things like power spaceships and what not. I'm more likely than not, wrong, but it's a nutty theory i have.

Lord Soth
I wouldn't rule out the possiblilty

eleveninches
If any country did do it, the UN would send all the rest of the worlds military against the country that did it, so I doubt that any country would dare start a nuclear war. GW Bushh might be dumb enough to want to do it, but I doubt he would have the nerve to use nuclear weapons against another country

eleveninches
Yeah, right.
If she can tell the future, then she should win the lottery every week instead of continuing her job on a teachers salery. smokin'

SK88728
laughing out loud

DemonicGambit-2
It was just her opinion that we're all going to be nuked, so I wouldn't listen to a word of it. Besides like most teachers I've met, they're all crazy

BackFire
How the hell would she know? No one knows what's going to happen in the future. She's full of it if she was serious, if she was joking then...well, she's still an idiot.

SK88728
all/most teachers are idiots!

Darth Revan
she is a dirty lying b!tch yes

My second grade teacher told us that in a few years Mount Rainier was going to erupt and there was going to be a horrible mud slide in which all of Eugene/Springfield was giong to be wiped out. As it turns out, said mountain is waaaay up north of us in Washington state. That was a mean joke sad

Crash Overload
I hope they don't start showing thoes "Lucky The Turtle, Drop and Cover your head" thing all over again...

That is a bunch of B.S. There is nothing to proove it.

Darth Revan
the "Star Wars" idea is simply impossible and will never be accomplished, at least not in the forseeable future. The reason being that a) you don't shoot a single missile, you shoot several hundred, and b) such a device would have to be impossibly accurate to be able to shoot down a 30 foot long missile waaaay up in the atmosphere as they are

Raventheonly
Dude the laser has already been developed all they gotta do is developed the targeting system
Unfortunately a ground based nu ke in the back of a truck will be the delivery vehicle probably... no ones stupid enough to launch one. We could bloody detect them fueling and smash the pu nk into the ground.

Darth Revan
I'm not saying the laser is impossible I'm saying it's impossible to simultaneously target several hundred moving objects probably no more than 50 feet long way up there in the atmosphere--just hitting one would be tough, but as many as they would have to shoot down for it to be at all useful makes it pretty much impossible

BarmyBrummie
stupid loser teacher, what a horrible joke mad I hate her now more than before

rusky
Actually DR, I think the laser would not only have to hit the 30-50 ft missile, but hit it in a specific location..even harder at that, let alone the HUGE amounts of power necesary to propagate a coherent beam of light, for miles and miles into the atmosphere, and still be coherent enough to cause some damage to the electrical systems of the missile...

Even if they used up all the power the us produces, they'd have to find a way to focus it, perhaps the most pure crystal in the world, IF that's enough..

I'm not saying it's impossible...for all I know it might allready exist, I just wouldn't put much stock in public declarations..

mechmoggy
What's the teachers name Barmy?

rusky
Don't tell me u think u know him/her ?

mechmoggy
May do, may not.

I had a loony English teacher when I was at school too; and we live in the same area.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.