Devil May Cry 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ryugen
I just heard that Capcom's making the third installment of their kick ass DMC games. What I know is that it's a prequel with a heavy emphasis on the attitude and style that somehow dissapeared from the average Devil May Cry 2. There's going to be four distinct fighting styles. Gunslinger, Swordmaster, Trickster (Acrobatic skills used) and royal Guard (Fists, feet and hopefully grapples). Not to mention the flawless fighting and challengeing boss fights that made the original such a masterpiece. So anyone else excited, or have any other info?

TheOne101
yea i heard about it a while back. try looking in the EGM magazine and PSM from like maybe a month ago or two. they have a whole big thing o it. it looks tight but they made dante look kinda hetero. lol

Lord Ryugen
He does look a bit young but hey it's a prequel. And whats wrong with looking hetro.

TheOne101
lol nothing i didnt know it was a prequel thats awsome. he does look younger though. maybe he should put a shirt on lol.

Lord Ryugen
What! and risk not letting the minions of the underworld see his young pecs! Not happening man.

TheOne101
lol laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

Lord Ryugen
Out of intrest if anyone can find any pics or screen shots of Dante or his fodder I'd much appriciate it.

Lord Ryugen
http://www.devilmaycry2.com/news.asp?ID=105

Check out link for twenty two facts on DMC3

TheOne101
are there pics on that site though? hmm guess not i will look for some for ya.

TheOne101
ok i found some in0game pics and sorta out game pics. lol sorta both
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/640/640426/imgs_1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/devilmaycry3/screenindex.html

Lord Ryugen
Thanks man. And there were a few screenshots on the site I posted but the quality's not great.

TheOne101
ooo ok i didint look around too much

Lord Ryugen
Don't worry, you didn't miss much.

TheOne101
lol i looked at those ones though that i posted...lookin good dante lol

Lord Ryugen
Hey is it just me or are we the only Devil may cry fans on the forum?

TheOne101
i hope not lol....

Lord Ryugen
I know, it'd be a shame for other people to miss this game's pure owanage.

TheOne101
lol i love that word ownage lol. i think archangle might be a fan but i dont know.

Lord Ryugen
If he is a fan why does he not post?

SpikeSpiegel
DMC3 is going to be sweet, especially after the (IMO) dissapointing DMC2

TheOne101
lol it wsnt that dissapointing. i still liked it .

SaTsuJiN
thing thats annoying about capcom games is thier characters have to go through at least 20 games to actually get older... ala street fighter, wow omg ryu got like 3 face stubs (SF3).. -_- I'd prefer to see dante more mature, and inheriting his fathers powers even further.

Lord Ryugen
Alright more fans. big grin

TheOne101
lol fantastic

coolboarder98
I can't wait for this to be released. It looks sweet. The trailer at Gamespot was awesome!

VENOMfan
It looks awsome, the light effects used to emphasize the fighting sounds like a good idea.....but Dante's attire is a tad strange

TheOne101
lol axactly what i said. put a shirt on for christ sake

VENOMfan
just so everyone has a Idea of what were talking about........

I dont think ditching the Black over vest for what seem's to be.....a nipple gaurd? was a smooth move

TheOne101
hey i dont blame him. i wouldnt want any demons biting off my nipples

Lord Ryugen
Nipples are really sensitive, it's common sense to wear some form of a guard. Anyway does any one have a release date for this cause I'm drooling over the idea of stepping back into Dante's boots and kicking some rightous ass.

Steel Dragon
anyone know where to find a bigger version of the PSM pic?

coolboarder98
The first just kicked, I didn't get a chance to play the 2nd one. Maybe I'll pick it up for cheap at EB later on. But this one (IMO) will our opinion of the Devil May Cry games out of the water.

ragesRemorse
how many times can you play the same thing over and over again?

Lord Ryugen
Strangely DMC 1 is a game you keep coming back to no matter how many times you complete it or how hard it gets. I'm Dante must die mode and I love it...I die routinely but it's such much fun I don't care.

ragesRemorse
i just cant stand games where you do the same thing through out the entire game,

Lord Ryugen
but that's pretty much every game ever made. Beat-em-ups, platformers, racing, they're all repititive it's just the quality overhines that in DMC and a few other games.

ILOVEDANTE
lol nipple guard? hahaha thats a strap to hold his sword lol laughing you didn't guess that from the pics? lmao i thought DMC2 was good, really easy tho :s, even on must die mode, lol tho i'm stuck on the tree headed demon thing :s but its good for when ur mad!! (helps me) stick out tongue

Lord Ryugen
Its a nipple guard. After all would you ant your nipples unprotected

Yuna33
laughing out loud
ur insane!

ILOVEDANTE
lol hahaha, k so if its a nipple guard, how is it his sword stays strapped to his back? stick out tongue

Lord Ryugen
Magic.

ILOVEDANTE
HAHAHAHAHA lol okay, you would kno that......how? stick out tongue

Lord Ryugen
laughing out loudBecause I do alright. Don't question me.

ILOVEDANTE
aww gettin testy are we, hmm? lol jk k i won't question 'the great lord ryugen' laughing laughing out loud

Lulu
its is a nipple guard i agree. lol big grin

SaTsuJiN
meh... I think the in game graphics are sub-par. and from the videos Ive seen they havent brought too many new things to the table... they shoulda just called this DMC2 : Expansion pack. and ew sick @ shirtless dante.. what were they thinking.. sick

Lord Ryugen
Not much. But since Dante is young and therefore stupid I can forgive the shirtless nipple guard look, but I've got to give to you with the graphics. But this is Capcom, I have faith in Capcom, the graphics will be better I'm sure of it.

Sieg Wahrheit
Devil May Cry series rocks. I really like Dante's smooth moves. Three is okay, it has filled the shortcomings of 1 and 2 and I hope there is a part four for this series.

Lord Ryugen
Thats what I'm saying, Capcom's got a good track record with games. Besides I saw some new screen shots in a games magazine, they're looking much better.

JKozzy
Yeah, DMC3 is shaping up to be more in-tune with the first one.

Phoenix Aska
Yes the first Devil May Cry game was the better of the two and according to the screenshots of DMC3...it looks much more like number 1....

JToTheP
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening March 8th, 2005.

capcom.com and gameinformer.com

Aku
Anyone heard about devil may cry 3 or is it out in the US yet? Aslong as Dante has cheesy lines and the action is as adrenaline packed as the first one i dont care but has anyone else heard you can get nunchaku on this game? (nunchucks for the unexperienced martial artist). And a guitar?

Rhino
i heard of a devil may cry 3, i dont think its out yet.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I cant wait for this game to come out I am a fan of both of them.And if sum1 is wondering when this game cums out its cums out in march.

JKozzy
Yep, March.

Aku
March in the US? or UK?

I loved the first one but I hated the second one. The first one SHOULD go down in history.

ZomBiE_HunTER
First one

ZomBiE_HunTER
I got the game and its hard as HELLL!!!!!

Smasandian
I heard its bloody awful at the start.
But according to Gamespot, its gets alot easier later in the game, and also alot better.

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
I got the game and its hard as HELLL!!!!!

Good I'm sick of games you can complete in a couple of days. I hope it remains that way so I have a challenge when I buy it.

Draco69
This game got some bad reviews because some pansy-@$$ reviewers couldn't handle the heat. (i.e. difficulty). Lame! It's about time we had hard games. Hard games are nearly nonexistent.

Smasandian
I dont think that the reviewers are pansy ass reviewers. Out of anybody here, those pansy ass gamers could wipe the floor with us.
I do agree that difficulty in games are warrented, but the game being unfair isnt cool.
Thats one thing I hate in games, is when the difficutly is soo high that the computer "cheats". Im all for good content with a learning curvethats not impossible at the very start.

Mainstream
so DMC 3 is good..but hard I plan to get it in a week or 2.

Dark Mousy
I got it right now too... It's mmmaaad hard! But good!!

I love Rebellion stick out tongue

BUt Im on GUnslinger style...

JToTheP
I'm currently getting Royalguard to Level 3, and almost done with Normal mode, since I have a feeling I'll need to be blocking A LOT on Hard, DMD, and HOH modes.

Dark Mousy
Im on easy stick out tongue,

THe stupid electric worm in level 4 is killing me!!

JToTheP
He's easy when you can replay with all your weapons, slash the electric balls back at him. big grin

Dark Mousy
Oh shoot really? Gotta try that stick out tongue, I just used Trickster style, quickly got on top of that little bridge, and when he went beneath me, I jumped on him and started slashing him stick out tongue

Lord Ryugen
Completed on Normal and then on Easy. Stuck on Agni and Rudra on Hard mode. On a lighter note I think I'm in love with Lady love

JToTheP
Her name is stupid, but the rocket launcher is alright.

Lord Ryugen
Her name? You mean Lady or her real name Mary. And yes the Kalina Ann rocks.

JToTheP
The shotgun & Spiral are still the best.

Dark Mousy
I love the shotgun!

But its cheap the Lady has a missile Launcher, and Dante doesn't. Plus, Dante surfed on the rocket launcher, so its not such a big deal.

Dark Mousy
What about the blue electric balls? You can't deflect them...

Dark Mousy
Last questoin. I beat the worm, got the time thingy, killed the bloody little dragons, put the time thingy into the time thingy tablet, now I can't find where to go next!

Lord Ryugen
I take it you're in the main circular hall. Well run down the stairs and pick up the Vajura, then go through the blue door near the bottom. Run up the stairs and into the next room. You should be in a circular room with a raised ledge covered by a cage. place the Vajura to raise the cage, kill the enimies and pick up the new item on the raised ledge. Leave the way you came in and go to the yellow door, enter and run up the gap where the stairs used to be. Destroy the statue with Cerebrus and open the next door. You should be in a room with an elevator. There's a secret stage here, start up the elevator and kill the enimies that drop down before their weight drops the elevator. In the next area run to the large door, smash the scenery for some red and green orbs and prepare to fight the end of level boss.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Dark Mousy
I love the shotgun!

But its cheap the Lady has a missile Launcher, and Dante doesn't. Plus, Dante surfed on the rocket launcher, so its not such a big deal.

You need to get further in the game before you say that...

JToTheP
What about the blue electric balls? You can't deflect them...

Yes you can, the ones he homes in at you, I deflect them all the time and they take mad damage off.

Ketchuptome
I got it right now too... It's mmmaaad hard! But good!!

I love Rebellion stick out tongue

BUt Im on GUnslinger style...

I like Merciless and the Vendetta sword better

DarkCrawler
Im gonna buy this one. It has gotten awesome reviews.

Lord Ryugen
Now on Dante must die mode. God it's insane...loving every minute of it though. big grin

DarkCrawler
What is your favorite weapon?

ZomBiE_HunTER
The two swords are very nice.

JToTheP
DMD is now a joke compared to Heaven Or Hell mode....whoa...better stick to guns.

DarkCrawler
I bought the game...im currently on Gigapede...

SaTsuJiN
I didnt like the first dmc. but I really liked 2.. considering that .. is 3 a good game?

ZomBiE_HunTER
Everybody hated DMC 2 Im susprise to hear someone actully like it. I like it to but compare to one it wasnt great. I like that there was two games in one.

RoyMC
already have it is that the best you got? blink

JToTheP
3 is the best DMC, and also the hardest. DMD mode is so aggrivatingly difficult, and Heaven Or Hell mode is 1 hit kills to you & all enemies.

SaTsuJiN
the reason I didnt like 1 was because it just felt plain.. and the bosses relied on 'trigger finger reflex' dodging (like.. that spider dudes fire pillar singed the hairs off the turd still stuck to your boots kind of close) 2 had more flaire with the varied weaps and all.. I liked 1 but it didnt feel as vibrant as 2

T.V.O.T.I.

grey fox
DMC Question

Ok now in DMC 3 Arkham states that his daughter (Lady) is the ancestor of the human priestess which helped Sparda seal away the Demon world.

Now heres where things go side-ways , i thought it mentioned in DMC that Dantes mother was the priestess ?

Rogue Jedi
i just CANNOT beat vergil in the first fight with him and dante. any tips? i collect as many red orbs as i can, but i still do not get enough to survive the fight.
help me!!!

IcePunk
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i just CANNOT beat vergil in the first fight with him and dante. any tips? i collect as many red orbs as i can, but i still do not get enough to survive the fight.
help me!!!
On what difficulty lvl?

Rogue Jedi
normal.

IcePunk
normal.
You're kidding?
All right, I'll help ya out.
Guns dont work on this guy so you'll have to rely on your close combat weapons and I've found that Rebellion is a must and use Royal guard or Trickster to either evade or absord and counter Vergils' attacks, this is what I used and did on HARD and if it works on Hard it sure as hell works on Normal.

PS : and for your own safety, buy many large green stars, cuz you'll either need em in this fight or in future fights (especially the second fight with Vergil).

Hope this helps wink

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by IcePunk
You're kidding?
All right, I'll help ya out.
Guns dont work on this guy so you'll have to rely on your close combat weapons and I've found that Rebellion is a must and use Royal guard or Trickster to either evade or absord and counter Vergils' attacks, this is what I used and did on HARD and if it works on Hard it sure as hell works on Normal.

PS : and for your own safety, buy many large green stars, cuz you'll either need em in this fight or in future fights (especially the second fight with Vergil).

Hope this helps wink
i'll try this. the biggest problem i have is that i dont get enough red orbs to buy enough green stars. i kill everyone in sight, i even go back to previous areas to get orbs again, but i keep getting killed when i fight him.

i'll let you know. thanx!!!

IcePunk
i'll try this. the biggest problem i have is that i dont get enough red orbs to buy enough green stars. i kill everyone in sight, i even go back to previous areas to get orbs again, but i keep getting killed when i fight him.

i'll let you know. thanx!!!
Oh I forgot to tell you. There's an really easy way to get a lot of Red orbs; find a secret mission and complete it over and over till you have the desired amount of orbs big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.