OMG!!! Anger over Iraqi war dead on Internet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
Anger over Iraqi war dead on Internet
By Mark Dunn
January 27, 2005

THE US Defence Department has been asked to investigate a website being used by American soldiers to post grisly pictures of Iraqi war dead.

The site, which has been operating for more than a year, describes itself as "an online archive of soldiers' photos".

Dozens of pictures of decapitated and limbless bodies are featured on the site with tasteless captions, purportedly sent in by soldiers.

Captions include "plastic surgery needed", "road kill" and "I said dead".

Australian expat Iraqis, most of whom supported the overthrow of Saddam Hussein, have been angered by the website and called on the US government to ensure it was taken down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS
Anger over Iraqi war dead on Internet
By Mark Dunn
January 27, 2005

THE US Defence Department has been asked to investigate a website being used by American soldiers to post grisly pictures of Iraqi war dead.

The site, which has been operating for more than a year, describes itself as "an online archive of soldiers' photos".

Dozens of pictures of decapitated and limbless bodies are featured on the site with tasteless captions, purportedly sent in by soldiers.

Captions include "plastic surgery needed", "road kill" and "I said dead".

Australian expat Iraqis, most of whom supported the overthrow of Saddam Hussein, have been angered by the website and called on the US government to ensure it was taken down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever heard of Ogrish? They have been posting pics of dead americans for years..

also where are the pics? I checked the first 5 pages and didnt see anything wrong..

PVS
keep checking
trust me

the f**ked up thing is the 'humorous' caption on the offending pics.
reminds me of the terrorists if you ask me. just as creepy

Alpha Centauri
"Ever heard of Ogrish? They have been posting pics of dead americans for years..."

The American way is fast becoming "We're gonna show you how wrong your morals are by being as despicable as you are."

-AC

PVS
i see we are back to 100% agreement there AC. but please dont generalise.

PVS
anyway,kidrock check page 52 and after. if you are not shocked by this shit there is something really wrong with you.

KidRock
I only looked at a few.. dont feel like viewing anymore.. but what are they doing? Arent they just taking pictures of the dead? Its not like they are making videos of them lining them up and shooting them all in the back of the head..

WindDancer
I'm sorry PVS but I had edit the link. The thread is perfectly fine. But the link contains some graphic pictures that might offend our PG13 members.

KidRock
Most of the pics are just of soldiers playing cards, boxing each other, eating and having fun.. then page 52 they have pictures of iraqies.. they dont have any of people smiling next to the bodys or doing anything horrific to them.. they also dont show Americans lining them up and putting bullets in there heads.. All they are doing is taking pics of the bodies..its sick.. but I dont think its anything to go crazy about

Morning_Glory
i dont think those pictures are that bad

go to Ogrish.com
or
rotten.com

PVS
understandable WD. sorry for not asking you guys to check it out first.

PVS
goddamn are you people that blind?
has it really gone this far?

KharmaDog
Kid Rock, I think the main point about the anger of this, the prison scandal and a few other incidents is that a country cannot go into another country basing it's mission on being on the moral high road only to have stunning acts of stupidity such as this arise so often.

PVS
oh well, this thread is pointless since the images in question cannot be viewed.

PVS
mods, please close this thread.

if anyone is above the pg-13 age and wishes to see the site, PM me and ill send a link.

Alpha Centauri
"but what are they doing? Arent they just taking pictures of the dead? Its not like they are making videos of them lining them up and shooting them all in the back of the head.."

What would you say if an Iraqi extremist took a photo of a dead troop, with a funny caption?

-AC

KidRock
Havent they been doing that..

Bardock42
Well except that they didn't go to your country to do it, yes

Alpha Centauri
"Havent they been doing that.."

My question wasn't "Have they been doing it?" My question is "If they did it what would you say?".

It was semi-rhetorical.

-AC

ARC Trooper 117
Wow. That's disgusting.
However, I feel that the American's shouldn't have invaded Iraq, and they get what they gave. (And don't tell me it was just to get Saddam out of office as an excuse: They had the chance to do that in 1989-1990.)

PVS
wow, talk about being unreachable. AC just give it up.
no point in trying to talk sense into him. proof:

just a big loop huh?

KidRock
good idea.

ARC Trooper 117
confused
laughing
PVS can always find a way to make me laugh....stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
Man Kidrock your just missing the point,
Just because they did it doesn't exactly make it right!
It still wrong to take pictures of the dead and post them on the net, we were supposed to be "liberators" we were supposed to be better that the people who put up sites that you mentioned, that was the whole point of going in there (well thats what Bush says....)\
But now, what are we supposed to be? were no better than they are....

ARC Trooper 117
*Nods*

PVS
its as clear as day.
makes just as much common sense as 1+1=2.
but it rolls off him like water off a duck's back.
its not that he's stupid, its just that he doesn't want to think.

ARC Trooper 117
confused
Stop that! I'm stupid!

KidRock
how does it roll off me? I said it was sick and shouldnt be done.. what more do you want? "omg I cant belive the army would do this!! WE SHOULD LEAVE IRAQ RIGHT NOW!"

Alpha Centauri
"what more do you want? "omg I cant belive the army would do this!! WE SHOULD LEAVE IRAQ RIGHT NOW!"

If the reason for them going in was to "stop a torturous mad man", do you not believe that them being torturous mad men themselves is slightly, I dunno, hypocritical?

-AC

Reckoning
Well put. Seeing as the US based the reason as liberators, overthrowing a tyrant, but yet do not see the bitter hypocrisy that the people they are meant to be giving "freedom"(and I use that term very loosely), are the actual victims of this illegal war. It's also quite a scare that people aren't phased at all, even when the number of Iraqi dead toll continues to rise; it just seems that no one seems to matter besides the American tag.

shaber
They'd be like macabre holiday photos eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.