Purple Triangles....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

big gay kirk
I watched the Holocaust memorial service on tv last night.... i was glad (if thats the right word...) that the people involved saw fit to mention that not all the Holocaust victims were Jews.... the Gipsies got a mention, as did the blacks, the homosexuals and the disabled.... but not mentioned were the Trades union leaders, the communists, and the jehovah's Witnesses, or Bible Students as they were then called.... the Witnesses were offered a choice... sign a piece of paper accepting that Hitler was their leader, or die in the camps.... the Witnesses said that God was their leader, and chose to die... many of my older Jewish friends have nothing but praise for the Witnesses they knew in the camps, especially for their cheerful acceptance of their circumstances... one man of my acquaintance said to me that he thought they were mad... "If I could have got out Treblinka by signing a piece of paper, I would have signed," he told me.... but the Witnesses stood up for what they believed.... every year on the anniversary of the liberation of the camps, I will, from now on, wear a purple triangle ( the symbol that the Witnesses were forced to wear by the Nazis) in commemoration of not just the Witnesses, but all those who died or were incarcerated in the Camps, and for those who are even now persecuted for their beliefs... I hope some at least of my fellow KMCers will do likewise....

Bardock42
I agree I find it remarkqable of them.

KidRock
A purple triangle as in.. like a piece of purple cloth in the shape of a triangle?

Bardock42
Thats exactly what they had to wear

Jackie Malfoy
Why what was the reason for it?JM

Bardock42
Hitler hated people

big gay kirk
All members of groups liable to corrupt the thoughts and lives of germans were labelled.... as a warning to good Germans not to be involved with them.... so jews had to wear a blue six-pointed star, witnesses a purple triangle...

Bardock42
I thought it was a yellow star, am I wrong?

big gay kirk
not sure... I know my friend Michael says he had to wear a blue star... but that was in Vichy France....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.