Why are men more scared of homosexuals than women?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

Bardock42
I have no clue. Maybe it is because liberal women use the internet more? Because people that are against gay marriage most probably like the old idea of a family too and don't let their wives do something fun?
I dunno.

Maybe females are just more open minded

silver_tears
I think what people do in their bedrooms is their own business, and no one but them should care about it.

As to an educated guess, maybe men fear being hit on or something by someone of the same sex, and they become completely hateful towards people who are gay confused

And then others are just insecure of their sexuality happy

Darth Revan
Because guys are more afraid of being called gay than women, for some reason. It seems like being lesbian is considered more acceptable in our culture than being gay... During WWII, Hitler treated gay men the same way as Jews, but not gay women.

Bardock42
well because guys get called gay while women get not?

The Omega

Draco69
Men are scared of gay men because this some how threatens their maculinity. For some reason a incredibly obese, acne scarred, cavity ridden loser thinks that every gay male will attempt to molest him. Men like to be the hunters. Not the hunted.

Bardock42
big grin
This could be one explaination, I have given another one though

Alpha Centauri
"Does anyone have an educated guess as to why?"

Probably because Women, by nature during intercourse have to actually have something put inside them.

Men do not, so the idea of having it done probably freaks them out to a very high degree. To a woman, taking a penis in isn't exactly the worlds strangest thought.

My 2 cents, pennies or whatever.

-AC

Bardock42
Thinking of this yes that nis actually a considerable explaination AC.

Alpha Centauri
That's why it's more "acceptable" in society's eyes for a guy to sleep around than a woman. Due to the fact that PUTTING something inside many different women isn't viewed as bad as women taking something IN from many different men.

Like I said, women know that to have sex a penis has to go in. So I doubt they lose sleep, men when faced with the thought of it, probably (subconsciously or not) think about what it would be like and freak.

-AC

Bardock42
Well even though I heard once that homosexuals don't even have that much more anal sex then heterosexual couples.

Alpha Centauri
It's subconscious thoughts, not necessarily the acting out.

Intercourse between homosexuals has to be anal sex.

-AC

Bardock42
Not really. There are other ways to stimulate each other I believe.
It doesn'T have to be anal sex, its just what is connected to it.

Draco69
Actually homosexuals are the LEAST likely group to have anal sex than heterosexuals. Why? Did everyone forget the poor lesbians again? They don't have anal sex. They don't exactly have the anatomy for it. Heterosexuals are more likely to have anal sex.

Alpha Centauri
I mean actual intercourse. Obviously oral is a form of sexual activity.

When people describe sexual intercourse between male/female, they refer to penis/vagina connection. Given that there is none, I would refer to Anal Sex as the homosexual alternative.

Anal Sex isn't a HOMOSEXUAL thing, it's just the only way they can do it. If Men had vaginas also (some guys I know might actually have them to be honest) I'm sure gay guys would use it. But they don't.

Just saying Bard, Anal sex to me is the closest homosexuals get to intercourse.

-AC

Bardock42
Hahah, actually thats not what I meant though

Alpha Centauri
"Actually homosexuals are the LEAST likely group to have anal sex than heterosexuals. Why? Did everyone forget the poor lesbians again? They don't have anal sex. They don't exactly have the anatomy for it. Heterosexuals are more likely to have anal sex."

Well by homosexuals, I assumed people had the understanding (being that the topic is about men) that I was refering to the male side of it.

Pardon the pun but there's no need to get anal, Draco.

-AC

Draco69
Hello? There are lesbians too. (These poor women, they so ostracized) Homosexuals aren't just men. It's gay women and men. Gay men practice anal sex. Gay women don't. Let's say out 50 people there are two gay men and two gay women. The precentage of the homosexual community having anal sex is half of what most people believe.

ARC Trooper 117
The answer to this is....:
Because MOST Heterosexual Men think of the idea of having another guy's penis shoved either in their mouth, or in their anus to be completely disgusting and wrong, and blah, blah, blah.
I personally have NO problem with what two cponsenting adults do. It isn't MY business. I think that it is weird, and to an extent, "wrong", but as long as Homosexuals don't try to force themselves on me, I don't care.
Yet, notice that Men jump to the idea of two women having sex? roll eyes (sarcastic) This is because Men, (most of them, atleast), are f*cking pigs. I'm a Man, and I DO find this arousing. I think it's VERY stimulating, probably because the only time I see such acts are on tapes and are performed by perfectly Heterosexual women who are being PAID to do this. stick out tongue

All in all, most Men find Homosexuality "disturbing" because of the ideas I've stated above, and because...well that's about it.
NOTE: In several Ancient societies, Homosexuality was not only accepted, it was NORMAL. Take Ancient Greece, for instance: Homosexuality was largely the norm. over there, because Men thought that Women were no their equals, and that only a Man could equal another Man and thus give him the pleasure he DESERVED by his right as a "Higher Being". This view was very wrong.

Alpha Centauri
"Hello? There are lesbians too. (These poor women, they so ostracized) Homosexuals aren't just men. It's gay women and men. Gay men practice anal sex. Gay women don't. Let's say out 50 people there are two gay men and two gay women. The precentage of the homosexual community having anal sex is half of what most people believe."

This topic refers to male homosexuality mainly. Secondly, women aren't typically referred to as Gay. BECAUSE Homosexuality applies to both, the male side is described as "Gay", female "Lesbian".

Lesbians were not mentioned in this thread because to prove the point I was making, they were not needed. Everyone but you understood it.

-AC

Draco69
Actually the word "lesbian" is just post third world feminist misnomer that the Women Liberation groups came up with to differentiate themselves from the gay males who thought that women were inferior.

And I wasn't responding to the topic itself. I was responding to the fact that you stated that homosexuals have more anal sex than heterosexuals. Which isn't true.

It's unfortunate that homosexuality nowadays just applies to males. Everyone always forgets the women.

Bardock42
Sure whatever, we were talking aboot males because this topic is aboot males

ARC Trooper 117
I have anal sex....with the females.....
naughty
Oh, I can already sense the backlash from the Christians.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draco69
At least she won't become pregnant.

Raz
ARC, blowups don't count stick out tongue

Bardock42
Anal sex is wrong ARC. The Bible says.....well I have no clu stick out tongue

ARC Trooper 117
hysterical
naughty

LOL @ Bardock too.....stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
"And I wasn't responding to the topic itself. I was responding to the fact that you stated that homosexuals have more anal sex than heterosexuals. Which isn't true."

In THIS THREAD I refered to Gay Males as homosexuals because that's the gender that the topic is focused on. EVERYONE knew what I meant besides you.

"It's unfortunate that homosexuality nowadays just applies to males. Everyone always forgets the women."

Once again you are assuming. This thread is based around the male gender, if it involved females as a focal point, I'd refer to them. I didn't need to so I didn't.

It's simple really, provided you have a brain. Omega, Bardock and everyone else clearly understood me.

Anyway, topic for those who actually understand.

-AC

Draco69
"In THIS THREAD I refered to Gay Males as homosexuals because that's the gender that the topic is focused on. EVERYONE knew what I meant besides you."

Was it really necessary to respond? Is your inflated ego so massive you must always have the last word? Pathetic.

"Once again you are assuming. This thread is based around the male gender, if it involved females as a focal point, I'd refer to them. I didn't need to so I didn't."

Lesbians are very invisible. It's fact. I'm not assuming anything.

"It's simple really, provided you have a brain. Omega, Bardock and everyone else clearly understood me.

Anyway, topic for those who actually understand."

Oh I understand. I understand that you don't like to be proven wrong. A nerd who thinks he smarter than everyone else and must always debase others. Grow up little man.

Bardock42
Goddamit guys, get a room.

Alpha Centauri
"Was it really necessary to respond? Is your inflated ego so massive you must always have the last word? Pathetic."

You don't understand the thread. You came in misinterpreting me, AGAIN, just to stir trouble.

I'm correcting you like I always have to.

"Lesbians are very invisible. It's fact. I'm not assuming anything."

Well we all know you have a deep rooted inner hatred for invisible women so I won't press the matter.

"Oh I understand. I understand that you don't like to be proven wrong. A nerd who thinks he smarter than everyone else and must always debase others. Grow up little man."

You have to actually prove me wrong before you can claim to that I don't like it, secondly, that's considered flaming smile. No need for insults, grow up.

EDIT: Apologies to The Omega, some people just can't keep away from me you know? Heh, fans.

-AC

Corran
I have noot found this to be the case, I do not think that I am homophopic and neiither are any of the members here that Ii consider close or friends. I have found that some females do seem intimidated by some of the males - maybe this same illogical response can be applied to some of the other males?? I am not sure, but I see no eviidence oof Homophobia, if you have evidence to substantiate this thread then please post so that we may discuss/interpret this further.

lil bitchiness
Men want to look all 'menly' and tough and saying that its ok to be gay is somehow threat to their ego?

Its this terrible terrible arognace that most straight people seem to have, that when someone of the same sex tells them they are gay, they immidiately think the gay person is going to make a pass at them. Oh the ego.

Alpha Centauri
"Its this terrible terrible arognace that most straight people seem to have, that when someone of the same sex tells them they are gay, they immidiately think the gay person is going to make a pass at them. Oh the ego."

I don't think it's down to ego at all. Maybe on the surface it's insecurity.

I really do think it's the concept of intercourse or being penetrated that is the deeper cause to them. Subconsciously at the very least.

-AC

finti
never was scarded of homosexuals at all, my experience is that they aint nothing but friends........and good friends too

ARC Trooper 117
Loyal as hell too....

finti
indeed

Alpha Centauri
Agreed, Arc.

-AC

Corran
What a crock of shit! If a gay man were to find me attractive I would feel as complimented as if a straight female found me attractive too, however I would have to decline any advances, iif there were any, on the same basis - that I could not reciprocate the same feelings as I was not attracted to this person. that DOES NOT make me homophobic - why do people thinkl this the case?

Alpha Centauri
"What a crock of shit! If a gay man were to find me attractive I would feel as complimented as if a straight female found me attractive too, however I would have to decline any advances, iif there were any, on the same basis - that I could not reciprocate the same feelings. that DOES NOT make me homophobic - why do people thinkl this the case?"

Precisement.

I believe there may be some element of surface level insecurity there, I believe that the men that are scared, it's a deeper psychological thing though.

-AC

finti
ok are to elaborate or was it just t a heat of the moment???????? confused confused

KidRock
I am not scared of homosexuals.. they are just people. What is there to be afraid of?

finti
evil face

Alpha Centauri
"ok are to elaborate or was it just t a heat of the moment????????"

Accidental typo.

Correct version:

I believe there may be some element of surface level insecurity there. I believe that for the men that are scared, it's a deeper psychological thing though. More so than just being about ego.

To see why I believe that, I covered it in my first couple of posts here.

-AC

Corran
AC - I do not understand what you are asking me here?

Alpha Centauri
Yeah was a mix up. See above correction.

-AC

Corran
But I see no evidence here of this

Alpha Centauri
"But I see no evidence here of this"

I was agreeing with you, then making my own statement.

If you are refering to the psychological reference, I stated in a number of posts on the first page of this thread as to what I believe MAY cause fear in SOME straight men, toward homosexuality of the male gender.

It's a click away, I see no reason to quote it all.

-AC

Corran
Homosexuality - in fact any sexual activity be it homosexual or heterosexual - does not necessarily have to constitute penetrative activities. So I do not fully folloow your arguments on the previous pages.

shaber
The male libido is stronger so we tend to sexualise everything.

Alpha Centauri
"Homosexuality - in fact any sexual activity be it homosexual or heterosexual - does not necessarily have to constitute penetrative activities."

I know this. However on those male minds that do find male homosexuality disgusting or what not, I answered Omega's question. I believe it may be because of that. Not necessarily the concept of homosexuality (attraction to same sex) but the possibility of sexual attraction and therefore possible sexual ACTION with the same sex.

Just an opinion.

-AC

Tex
Gay men are gods gift to women!

Think about it girls, if it wasn't for the fabulous gays who design your clothes, shoes, style your hair and make up, decorate your houses and entertain you with plays, shows and movies, give you relationship advice and make you laugh, feel fabulous and good about yourselves...you'd all be walking around looking like ragged cave-women, shopping at hardware stores and watching wrestling. schmoll

Gay men do nothing for straight men.
Those straight slobs dont deserve to be pampered by the gays' magic! diva

Ou Be Low hoo
There shouldn't be a problem...everyone loves ass...Some men love women's asses...some women love men's asses...some men love men's asses...some women love women's asses...some men love men and women's asses...some women love women and men's asses...

WE ALL LOVE ASS SO WHY DISCRIMINATE!?!?!

pr1983
a straight man can do any of that... (except for the hair and make up part obviously... or maybe thats just me...)

Alpha Centauri
"WE ALL LOVE ASS SO WHY DISCRIMINATE!?!?!"

I think you'd butt-er stop making ass-umptions.

-AC

Silver Stardust
laughing

Reminds me of how my teacher'd say "Don't assume, it makes an ass out of you and me."

Alpha Centauri
She's fast on the uptake, that Lana wink. Real perceptive lil minx she is.

Just kidding Stardust, I don't mean at least half of that hug.

-AC

Silver Stardust
queen hug stick out tongue

Ou Be Low hoo
Cute, AC...very cute...Are you saying you don't love ass? If so, why?

Alpha Centauri
Don't make me reach for the red bouncy ball, Ou. Surely even you got THAT joke.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Oooh, the red bouncy ball....watch out....

Ou Be Low hoo
Something about rubber balls coming bouncin' back for mor-or-ore?

I really thought the universal love of ass was indeed...universal. I now have to go and re-write my proposition for world peace...

Alpha Centauri
*Bounces ball in intimidating fashion with a single hand*

Watch out is right, yous bums. (Another ass joke...just realised I ruined it by pointing it out. ****.)

-AC

Silver Stardust
laughing out loud no need to point out the jokes, AC...if people don't get them, too bad for them!

Ou Be Low hoo
Are you both talking about some sort of ass plug? I'm disgusted! This sort of talk should only be allowed in Tarantino and Disney movies...

Alpha Centauri
Well technically, we're all plugging ass in the marketing sense.

If "Ass", "Butt" or anything else were a large corporation we'd have sponsorship deals now.

I'm just making a joke off what was said about ass earlier.

-AC

Adam_PoE
The heterosexual male concept of masculinity is defined by the traditional roles heterosexual men play in sexuality:

The male is the penetrator and the female is penetrated.

The male is the sexual aggressor or sexually dominant and the female is sexually aggressed upon or sexually submissive.

To a homophobic heterosexual man, a man that is penetrated is playing the sexual role of a woman and therefore, not a real man.

To a homophobic heterosexual man, a man that is objectified or aggressed upon by another man as heterosexual men do women, is being perceived as a woman, and being told that he is not a real man.

Therefore, it would seem that there is a relationship between homophobia and misogyny.

Aku
If all girls were Bisexual then the world would be a better place.

carnival_junkie
I disagree.
If all men were bisexual, the world would be a better place.

<3 boys who kiss boys.

yeah yeah. i'm a freak. i dont care.

Aku
im not sure, i mean i'd kiss a guy if i was drunk or if he really needed a kiss but i think id rather have BI girls.

carnival_junkie
....get drunk soon.
and have a camera.
yes.
good boy.

Aku
eh?

Jackie Malfoy
There are some people scared of them.But it is stupid I don't think it has notheirng to do with if you are a girl or a boy however.I am just againt them I am not scared of them or anything like that.
Being scared of them is pointless and stupid.JM

Hael
Because there are too many close-minded people in this world who spend too much time enraptured with themselves to care about how other people feel.

I'll have to agree with Adam_PoE on this one.

Afro Cheese
Why are you against them?

Jackie Malfoy
People have different thoughts on gays does not mean that they are closed mined it is there choice to think that way.Remember we do have freedom of speech?
If people want to say that they are againt gays then fine but it has nothering to do with being close mined.JM roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
men are more scared of homosexuals than women, because they like sex with women, not with gays yes

Jackie Malfoy
(Shakes her head!)You are too much dave! eek! laughing jm

carnival_junkie
i think the reason guys are more freaked out by gays, is because guys are so... physical in their appearance.
and seeing two guys together can just... wig some guys out.
girls however, dont really mind it.
though, not many girls are very fond of seeing girls kiss.

like... girls like to see guys kiss.
and guys usually like to see girls kiss.

... i'll be quiet now.

Alpha Centauri
I agree with Adam.

Yet I got laughed at for suggesting it was due to penetration in some way.

-AC

Bardock42
Not all did laugh at you, but look some people even belive it is not close minded to be against people

Jackie Malfoy
It is not closed mined that is what I am trying to say.JM

Napalm
Why does it seem like so many threads here are about homosexuals?

Jackie Malfoy
I have no idea it is like trying to brainwash people to excert it.Well this is one girl you will never be able to brainwash!LOL!JM

A4E
there r like 3 blink

A4E
2 actually

Napalm
I am growing a bit sick of the dozens of differnt threads about it

Draco69
Being truly close-minded is to refuse debate from other perspectives. We should hear all perspectives about this subject despite our own preferences.

And how the hell did this reach 80 something posts? It's simple. Men are taught to be macho and unemotional. Women are taught to be the opposite. Heterosexual men are weirded out by homosexuals because they see homosexuals as somewhat less of a man. A man is supposed to be big, muscular and a womanizer who treats them like tools. A perceived homosexual basically throws a wrench into that societal manifesto. Women on the other hand just plain don't give a sh**.

Napalm
3 to many

A4E
rotflmao!! WE trying to brainwash YOU... get a life hun laughing out loud

Jackie Malfoy
Me too.Maybe it is just a fab that will be over soon!I hope so!Pm me if you wanna chat ok?JM

A4E
2 laughing out loud

Jackie Malfoy
First you get a life and stop making these threads and I will get alife!JM

Bardock42

Napalm
It's kinda a broad comment to say it's wrong to be against something.

Bardock42
Well its true I meant its wrong to be against someone you can be against what someone dioes but being against a person is not that good I think.

Napalm
Well there are things that it's okey to be against

Bardock42
Yeah there are things but not people, I said that on a very stupid way sorry.

Napalm
I'm against pedophiles and murderers

Bardock42
Well because they do stupid shit, but as people I mean. Well maybe I am wrong but I think being against a person is wrong.

Silver Stardust
Being unwilling to accept something that there is nothing wrong with IS being close-minded.

And there are only 2 threads about homosexuality, and if you don't like them no one is forcing you to read them.

I'm going with what Alpha Centauri and Adam_PoE and whoever else said the same basic things they said.

Bardock42
well their are at least three if you ciount the government uses gay taxx money yes but that doesn'T really matter anyway

Jackie Malfoy
It is there choice being againt a person.Freedom of speech!Close mined to me means people who don't listen or want to excert people's choices on reather they disargee or argee.JM

Silver Stardust
Exactly, and isn't your not wanting to accept others who are different being close-minded? You just said that's what being close-minded is...

Jackie Malfoy
I did but I did not mean it that way.You know just forget it.JM

peterKSL
To aswer the topic question, it is simple basicly... gay women are accepted by most people, while gay men aren't..

Most people(or everyone?) always wants to be part of the society, does't they?

Jackie Malfoy
Acouse but most people gay or straight don't even care what people think of them.I don't care.So why should it be any different to gay people?JM

Silver Stardust
I see. Your logic works unless it applies to you.

Because most people simply refuse to accept homosexuality (being close-minded), and ridicule them for being different, and go so far as to act in violence against them. Ever hear of Matthew Sheppard?

peterKSL
I believe this catfight has to stop somewhere..

Jackie Malfoy
It stoped before it began!Anyway I like your avator!JM

peterKSL
avator?

Bardock42
avi the thing you got below your username the pic of spidey on the left yes

Jackie Malfoy
The spider man one in your siggy!I am sorry I don't remember what it is called.JM

peterKSL
yea... I like spiderman... I always use it when I play counterstike.. haha

Bardock42
Spidey is pretty cool I agree. You saw the costume Alex Ross made for the Spidey Movie? Man that was so sweet.

Jackie Malfoy
Yea it was.I did not care too much for the movie through.I am more of a batman fan myself!Cool costume through.JM

Silver Stardust
Spiderman is WAY cooler than Batman.

Jackie Malfoy
Batman is cooler!If they had a fight batman would win I bet!LOL!Ok now I am being silly sorry!JM

Bardock42
**** NO Batman is way cooler than Spidey will ever be mad
He can kick everyones ass, the only equals to him are Galactus and God maybe.

Alpha Centauri
If you said that in the comic forum (of which I am a most frequent dweller) you wouldn't be as laughed at as you think.

Just alot.

-AC

Jackie Malfoy
What ever!lol!jm

peterKSL
absolutely true..

Bardock42
No I know the CBF
there are two b elivers
the Batman Fanboys and the Idiots

can you guess which one I am in?

peterKSL
don't know what are you talking about but I am making a guess.. the retart one? laughing

Bardock42
Hahhahahaha, most probably sad

houtsjc
Yes,

If you take time to think about it,it makes sense cus,
straight men like seeing 2 women having sex,more than seeing 2 gay men having sex.
and straight women like seeing 2 gay men having sex,more than 2 women having sex.

Bardock42
This didn'T make any sense in any way

pr1983
not a chance...

Alpha Centauri
Is.

Much cooler.

-AC

Bardock42
AC is right but what do you expect, the dude likes Scott Summers sick

pr1983
sure, in a world where peter parker lives in gotham and is a millionaire playboy...

i never once claimed cyclops was cool...

Bardock42
Dammit I am an idiot

Bardock42
Oh I am sorry, I just reasoned sinced you got Scott in your sig you are a fan.
I was wrong though, not AC is right, you are. Batman is wqay cooler, I misread, sorry.

pr1983
i am a scott fan bardock... but i never said he was cool...

Bardock42
I never said you said he was cool

pr1983
i know, but you shouldnt hold the fact that i'm a cyclops fan against me... i saw the smilie stick out tongue

Bardock42
That is a whole different thing, someone liking cyclops just is a lesser human being ...nah just kidding, I just hate him, he's aqlmost as bad as Superman, but you olike Batsy so you are all right with me.

pr1983
laughing

i'm a superman fan too big grin

Julie
I disapprove of homosexuality but that's not saying anything about being homophobic.....and besides, there may be just as many homophobic women as men but men are "better" at getting the emotion across (or worse at communicating as the case may be).....it's a touchy subject all around.

pr1983
does it make me uncomfortable to watch two guys kissing or whatever? sure, i'll hold my hands up and admit it, i don't like looking at it.

so i look away.

people should just accept each other for their sexual preference, regardless of what it is.

Bardock42
Well I don'T want to see them kissing either, but if they want they sure can. I don't think that being uncomfortable around guys kissing (wwell actuallly I am uncomfortable around straight couples that kiss too) isn't homophobic

Bardock42
I said "don't think...isn't" didn't I?
**** I am an idiot.

I could have just edited of course but I hope the sheer stupidity amuses you folks

Lydia_J
I think women wouldnt have as much of a problem as men about people being gay because we have true love drummed into us so most want to just see people being happy with the ones they love, but personally i dont want to have anyones sexuality flaunted in front of me, it should all be kept private.

Alpha Centauri
It should all be kept private? You can't say straight people are allowed to hold hands and kiss in public then slap a ban on gays doing it.

If you accept public displays of affection then you accept it for all sexualities.

-AC

FeceMan
Guys are afraid that if they openly accept homosexuals, they will be seen as homosexual by their male friends. Women, on the other hand, don't seem to give a damn (as much).

The Omega

Alpha Centauri
That's my view.

-AC

pr1983
there are plenty of homophobic women who dislike lesbianism for the reasons homophobic men dislike gay men...

i don't think its fair to claim that its only men...

The Omega

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>