Who is this character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lordoftheforums
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/comics/onsale/covers/uploaded/NEW+AVENGERS+2+(ADI+GRANOV+VARIANT)_0image_big.jpg

I know this isn't a X-Men character but I wasn't sure witch board to post this on.

Lordoftheforums
Plus is this? Thanks.

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/comics/onsale/covers/uploaded/ NEW%20AVENGERS%204%20(JIM%20CHEUNG%20VARIANT)_0ima
ge_big.jpg

gambitindaflesh
Hmmm, haven't a clue.

Rave X
He looks familiar, but I dunno who it is...

Clovie
i can't open 2nd pic

Agneto
Can't open it either, but anyway I don't know who it is...

Sage Tessa
That's Sentry, a member of the "New Avengers," and a former villain...

Mainstream
he was a villian...didn't know that.

reverence
he looks like a villian he has that big wooshy cape thing going on there

ScarletSpider
He wasn't a villian, he was the greatest hero, etc. etc. He kind of became addicted to his powers, and the darkness within him birthed the Void, who was a villian.

Nerdanel
Sentry-Real name: Robert Reynolds
Identity: Secret
Legal status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Place of birth: Unknown
Group affiliation: None
Base of operations: Watchtower
First appearance: SENTRY #1, rumored to be STARTLING STORIES #17

History: Robert Reynolds was startled from sleep in the middle of a lightening storm. Driven by fractured recollections of an unfamiliar past, he rescued a hidden bottle from his library. Teetering just beyond his confused grasp, visions of a mysterious mortal enemy had begun to chip away at the barriers to his forgotten former life. As Reynolds drank from the bottle, he felt an energy course through him like that of a million exploding suns. The splintered images of his prior existence began to coalesce. He remembered himself as a hero -- the Sentry, Golden Guardian of Good -- fighting alongside the Avengers, Spider-Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. Before his fall from grace, Reynolds had conquered time and space itself. He was omnipotent; he was immortal. He was the Sentry.

Reynolds understood the danger inherent in the Void's return -- and knew he was humanity's last, best hope. He donned his gold-and-blue Sentry costume once more and set out to prepare the world's heroes to battle an evil so great as to threaten the entire universe -- only to discover the world he'd set out to defend had forgotten him. Even Reed Richards, once his best friend, had no recollection of Robert Reynolds or the Sentry. As he approached each of them, the memories slowly began to creep back into their minds. With saddened hearts and fragmented recollections, the heroes joined their champion to defend the world against the coming of the Void.

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 200 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond

Known superhuman powers: While the full extent of the Sentry's solar-based abilities is unknown, he has demonstrated super-strength, invulnerability, super-speed, the power of flight and the capacity to control light. The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current timeline. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyperstate of consciousness. In effect, the Sentry's powers are limitless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.