Arkham Asylum should be closed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Whoever runs Arkham Asylum is always doing a lame job guarding the place! Nearly every villain that Batman has ever face always manages to escape! What's the point of throwing the Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and all the other villains in there, eventually they will escape!

I think Joker got relocated to another tougher prison, but during his time in Arkham he would always escape! Gotham city should just close the Asylum and move the prisoners to some federal prison or somewhere else.

So who thinks that Arkham should be closed? Or maybe rebuild to make it harder to escape? Whatcha all think?

punkyhermy
yeah!!!!!!!!why didn't anyone evr think of that before....
u r sssooo right!

Gregory
It's impossible to keep comic book villians locked up for any length of time. Writers want to use them, so they get broken out. Arkham is no different from whatever prisons other heroes' enemies wind up in.

WindDancer
Well, what I was thinking of is maybe the writers should change the storylines about escapes from Arkham. I'm not saying get rid of it forever, but maybe shift a bit from the idea of villains escaping from the asylum. I love to see the villains return and fight Batman. But the same "He escape from Arkham two days ago" is getting repetitive.

ash007
yeah

i mean if they were in a Federial Prision i think they have better security.

Or in the Marvil comics they have S.H.I.L.E.D headquaters which is like a ship in the sky smile

WindDancer
That's what I was thinking!! A prison like S.H.I.E.L.D on Gotham would be cool. Arkham is cool and if writers would make Arkham seem more like a tougher prison then the breakout stories would be great.

Gregory
Gotham does have a regular prison--Blackgate. But crazy people are not usually put into prison, are they? They're thrown into some sort of asylum (declairs the man with no background in criminal justice; but I think I'm right).

kalantiaw
arkham asylum is not a prison, it's a mental facility. for people with brain damage, mostly insanity and schizophrenia. so you can imagine how light the security is.

WindDancer
It is a mental hospital, but in the comic books and in the movies Arkham looks like a very secluded (sp?) place. True the security might be light but then again with The Joker, and the others Arkham security should be reinforce.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.