Review: Hide and Seek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
Guess I could see it when I go cruise the theatre tomorrow.

justinday15
How scary is it, on a scale from 1 to 10? And is it worth 6 bucks to see it?

jnr_hiphop
LoL I've been going through all 'hide and seek' threads to find the answer to that and nobody would answer me either..

Cinemaddiction
About 6/10, scare factor. It's more creepy than anything.

Wolfie
Where did your review go, C-Dic? Is it just me or did it disappear?

Beastro
His review is in the Movie Discussion forum.A little further down the page.CA,it sounded like you where trying to sugercoat your review so you wouldnt have to say that we where right in that it would suck.

Cinemaddiction
Not at all. I throughly enjoyed it, and I made it a point to be as unbiased as possible. I outed the flaws.

Beastro
Is it one of those movies you would enjoy and watch just for entertainment or is it really good?

Cinemaddiction
I said before it's good entertainment. It had a great start, and both Ebert and Roeper said the same thing, but they were disappointed in how it unraveled into an atypical thriller twist ending. "Well crafted" was their exact wording.

Beastro
I thought ebert and roepers reviews werent released till sunday confused

Cinemaddiction
"At the Movies", (television) they split on it, and I believe that was from last weekend anyway, since they review films a week in advance.

Beastro
Are you sure?It says on theire website there not scheduled to give their reviews on it till sunday.

Cinemaddiction
Ebert and Roeper: Reviews for the Weekend

Yeah, I'm sure.

BackFire
You can read eberts review at http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050127/REVIEWS/50119001

Anyways, here's a quote that I completely agree with when it comes to todays cliched horror thrillers.

"At the beginning of "Hide and Seek," I thought I was going to be interested in the characters all the way to the end, but then the plot went on autopilot. In a movie like "The Ballad of Jack and Rose," the characters keep on living and learning and hurting and hungering, and there's no surprise at the end to let them off the hook."

Beastro
You must get the reviews earlier.I get em on Sunday night.

Beastro
Wow after reading Roger's review I dont know if I want to see it.I mean the only thing that matters to a story is the ending and if you have a good setup but not a good ending then you dont have a good movie.

jnr_hiphop
Is it more scary than The Grudge?

Cinemaddiction
The television show airs on Saturday EVERYWHERE in the U.S.

That's not true at all. Opinion, maybe, but that doesn't apply to all movies, especially not knowing how they end unless you actually want to read spoilers.

Well, neither were scary. "Hide and Seek" was just more creepy.

tpaquin
Yes, it's more scary than sesame street.

Beastro
Nope,I get in 11:30 Sunday night.

It may not apply to all movies but for me if a movie doesnt have a good ending or final act then it isnt worth watching.

Cinemaddiction
That's a shame. How do you know the ending will be bad until you watch it? I rarely look into movies endings before renting them.

Beastro
Ive already heard that the final act of the film was bad and now I dont feel like watching it.

BackFire
Hell, I guessed the ending before even knowing much about it. It was one of the more predictable "surprise endings" in recent memory. They're just getting lazy now.

Beastro
I kind of like when horror films dont have a suprise ending.When things are like they seemed they where.

Wolfie
The Twilight Zone. Always a surprise ending and they were excellent.

Beastro
Thanks for that bit of information smile

cheech79
im gona download it

Beastro
A law breaker in the house.....pm me in ten minutes ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.