When will they find a cure?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
When do you think there will be a cure for Cancer and Aids? Do you think it will happen within the next 10 years?

Alpha Centauri
I think Cancer is the priority.

I've seen too many lives ruined by it and my own family has had its fair share. Such a dangerous, fear inspiring disease.

AIDS is a bastard coz sometimes people who catch it are not at fault really. If you use no protection and have sex with everyone and anyone, you play with fire. However I think it's just a bad burden to bear. It's treatable though, very very treatable nowadays. It's a liveable disease.

-AC

KidRock
I agree I think cancer should be number one priority to cure.

Ou Be Low hoo
Tell that to Africa...

Morning_Glory
Africa doesnt have the medical attention that countries like North America does

Alpha Centauri
Note the whole part before the line "It's a liveable disease".

If you get treated well it's a liveable disease.

-AC

Ou Be Low hoo
Sadly it's only a 'liveable disease' in developed countries. Thousands are dying from AIDs in Africa thanks to a myriad of reasons, that ultimately can be avoided if richer countries CANCEL THE DEBT!

Alpha Centauri
No need to bust a caps lock in my ass.

If I could cancel the debt I would.

-AC

Dexx
where the heck are you chaps coming from....aids is liveable? no, it is not. HIV is liveable. AIDS kills you...slower if you treat it right, but still kills you.
the best and most expensive drugs only extend the disease development...but you still die in the end.
Though i am confident we will find something eventually...for both cancer and aids

Alpha Centauri
"where the heck are you chaps coming from....aids is liveable? no, it is not. HIV is liveable. AIDS kills you...slower if you treat it right, but still kills you."

You can treat HIV and you can get a much longer, higher quality of life.

Try doing that with Cancer.

-AC

Fire
Some cancers are curable

furryman
who doesn't

Alpha Centauri
"the best and most expensive drugs only extend the disease development...but you still die in the end."

If you know you're gonna reach a somewhat premature end, isn't it better to go for the end that's furthest away?

-AC

Dexx
that does not mean aids is a liveable disease....it is not
HIV on the other hand...does not affect you in any way...as long as it doesn't trigger aids. there's no real way you can stop it either. but some pople live their whole lives with hiv and experience no problems. the do have to worry about passing it onto others, though....because genetics rule how fast AIDS is triggered.

and..as fire says, some cancers are treatable..especially at an early stage

Alpha Centauri
"but some pople live their whole lives with hiv and experience no problems. the do have to worry about passing it onto others, though....because genetics rule how fast AIDS is triggered."

Can you live your whole life with cancer and experience no problems? No.

Therefore I consider HIV a liveable disease for reasons stated. HIV/AIDS go hand in hand.

-AC

Bardock42
I think what he meant is that with the right treatment you can keep HIV from triggering AIDS, while when you got AIDS you can't really life your full life span.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I know.

When you've got cancer it's almost gonna be a do or die situation. If you haven't caught it almost in the birth stages, it's already well into growing.

HIV has a little larger window.

Either way, Cancer is definately the worst of the two. Maybe I'm biased though.

-AC

A4E
yeah, this guy's right, what da hell r u ppl thinking... it can be treated but its concidered a bloody miracle if u live over 10 years with AIDS messed i think AIDS should be the top priority

A4E
yeah and cured 100%... instead AIDS is like i dunno...a ***** really lol

Dexx
lol...i wouldn't actually begin to compare the two...it's silly. they're both quite horrific. some cancers are treatable (few), as i said....aids on the other hand is certain death. but i believe a cure against cancer is theoretically closer to be discovered regarding the research so far.

Bardock42
Well the thing is that Aids comes from our stupidity, cancer is a problem we can'T really do anything to not get it. And I don't know the stats but a cure to cancer would be awesome, while aids could get a relief by using condems and making it possible for thirsd world countries to get similar treatment as the western world.

Jackie Malfoy
I hope they do alot of people die from it.I think that they are trying to find a cure had not yet.I just hope they do soon.JM

Bardock42
I am not really to familiar with the subject but iosn't a problem of cancer that there are many different types? I dion't know if you can find a general cure for that.

A4E
dude what the hell is wrong with you?? sex is a natural part of life, and well yes we should take care but still how about if a woman who has aids has a son or a daughter... it's her kid's fault? oh yeah he born how stupid of him roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
"I am not really to familiar with the subject but iosn't a problem of cancer that there are many different types? I dion't know if you can find a general cure for that."

There's rare types, common types. Deadly.

-AC

Bardock42

A4E
please condoms rarely stop u from getting infected erm

and in germany there r still thousands infected, and is also like REALLY REALLT strange for a kid to born not infected if he's/she's mother is not infected

Bardock42
Errrr? You got studys aboot that. You know like tests and stuff, send a link if possible.

I don't know I heard if the doctors know aboot it there are possibilities to get the kid out without being infected, well I heard that I might be wrong.

Whats the point of saying that thousands in germany are infected? I know that.

A4E
i misunderstood something u said.

and well u know how ppl get infected right? by having contact with someone who is infected's blood, a kid is IN the womens tummy... how the bloody hell do u expect it not to get infected??

Bardock42
Oh well most likely I am wrong I am just not sure. But doesn't it have to be blood to blood? So I am not sure if they are infectesd but well that doesnt change the fact that it is possible to protect yourself from gettign aids.

A4E
no it IS blood to blood but still... thats why not ALL babies born with aids

Bardock42
Well ok.

A4E
no arguments?? cry i was having fun

Bardock42
Well we went the wrong way we could have argued aboot protection and danger but you wanted to argue aboot babies being infected, which I have no knowledge of whatsoever.

A4E
lol ok

Loving_Daniel11
My 16 year old cousin is dying of cancer, a very rare form of bone cancer. It's just stupid. He should be able to grow up and lead a normal life.....

big gay kirk
There may actually be a big, big problem with curing cancer, if some studies are to be believed.... the main one being that according to some scientists if we end cancer, we signal the extinction of the human race.... the theory is as follows... bear with me....

take a being living in an environment, then change that environment... conventional wisdom says that the being must now adapt to the new environment, or die... but how does it adapt? The usual theory is that the being will evolve in some way to become more fit for its environment... however, adaptation is a strange process... according to the latest theories, the key to adaptation lies in so-called "junk genes..." these are strands of DNA which appear to do nothing... atm, we don't really know what they are for... however, some scientist s are now looking at a catastrophist view of evolution and adaptation... the idea is this.... the environment changes... this triggers a mechanism in the being, which randomly activates "junk-genes..." the activation of these genes causes changes to the being, not the gradual changes of the commonly accepted theories of evolution, but rapid changes, sometimes in the same generation... some of these changes help the being adapt to the new environment, and are then passed on to the offspring... some are benign but useless, and the being remains (apparently) the same... some of the changes are harmful, and lead to genetic disorders, such as uncontrollable cell division, as in cancer.... a being that is unable to adapt dies out... therefore, if cancer is cured, there is a very real possibility that our race will cease to adapt, and become extinct....

Afro Cheese
AIDs seems to be a bigger problem than cancer right now. Just personally hear about young people dieing from AIDs more often than I do about cancer. Though they both should be top priorities.

shaber
Why are you asking that question here? Noone on this site has the least clue whatsoever.

BlackC@t
The guy that travelled from 200 years into the future said that he would give a hint for the cure to AIDS erm

Draco69
What is this? Cancer vs. AIDS? An all out out battle between the two most horrific diseases in mankind? *sigh*

Anyway AIDS has a much higher body count than cancer does. Countries like America and Western Europe countries have the medicines available to stall the virus. Third world countries like Africa and Asia have no medicine to counter the virus. So the virus spreads quicker and faster than it would with a treated AIDS patient in America. Every 6 SECONDS a child dies because of AIDS. About 11 children have died in the time it takes for me to write this.

AIDS is like the unstoppable Juggernaut. It can be stalled or slowed but not cured. Cancer is like Superman. Kryptonite (radiation therapy) may or may not kill it.

AIDS is extremely hard to cure. Particularly since it evolves so much. Believe it or not there are different types of AIDS out there. The DNA of the person infected makes an entirely different strain of the AIDS virus. It's also very "smart". It can adapt to medications and sometimes even use a medication for its benefit. I predict that AIDS won't be cured for a very long time. Maybe 30 to 50 years from now.

dave123
I'm not a biologist, I haven't a clue sad

KidRock
I read that the government realeased aids in the 1960's to stop all the drugs and homosexuality going around and that the government has a cure for it.. but you have to pay tons of money for it like magic johnson has.. and magic johson paid the government for the cure and now he has such a low T cell count he basiclly lives a normal life.

Draco69
?????? Uh okay. If that's what you believe. I guess that's a viable theory. Not really. Hell no in fact.

KidRock
When the hell did I say thats what I belive.. I said I heard a theory.. learn to read.

Draco69
A conspiracy theory with no evidence. It doesn't make sense. Where did you get this by the way? I'd like to read it. It would make a very good thriller movie. Anyway to get back on topic. AIDS won't be cured for a very long time for the reasons above.

A4E
lol highly unprobable roll eyes (sarcastic)

since aids is originated form africa started by a monkey roll eyes (sarcastic)

spidergrl
I want them to find a cure for AIDS, so many people have it and its not like Cancer where you can be fixed most the time, there is nothing you can do!!

My Uncle died of it, I HATE IT furious

A4E
are u a biochemist?? cuz if ure not i highly doubt u'll b able to help it stick out tongue

KidRock
with AIDS it is usually the persons fault who gets it.. stupid people shouldnt have unprotected sex. Cancer even the nicest person in the world who has never done anything wrong can get it.

Alpha Centauri
"Cancer even the nicest person in the world who has never done anything wrong can get it."

AIDS doesn't exactly go around looking for wrong doers.

-AC

big gay kirk
Yay!! I'm quite clever... that means I can have unprotected sex and be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alpha Centauri
Unprotected sex isn't stupid. It isn't always WISE but it isn't stupid.

Unprotected sex with many many people who you know nothing about, is stupid.

-AC

Ushgarak
Man, does anyone in the world still care about malaria? I would if I were you, rather than wasting energy in a debate like this.

Likewise controlling tubercolosis.

Dexx
though it's funny to see how some mebers here would treat people with aids in a..not so 'lovely' manner, considering them stupid.

aids is not contacted by stupid people mates. you do not get aids through unprotected sex. you can get it from a needle at a hospital while giving blood for analysis..there are tons of reasons...and we shouldn't judge anyone...they're unhappy as it is.

DISEASES NEED A RIGHT TREATMENT
SO DO THE PEOPLE CARRYING THEM...

s|m
I believe AIDS might dissapear in time, if the 'healthy' ppl can just be carefull!

But will they ever find a cure for stupidity confused smile?

Draco69
I doubt it. People in Africa still practice unprotected sex despite warnings. Something to do with their culture or religion.

Dexx
that's ridiculous....you cannot eradicate aids by strapping a condom onto everyone....there are too many aspects of the disease

spidergrl
It still doesn't mean that they deserve it, no one does!! furious

dave123
umm... why would the government want money that would cost billions to make anyway? couldn't they just raise taxes no expression

KidRock
Why are you asking me? I said i just heard a theory.. I never said I belived in it.

dave123
rhetorical

Arachnoidfreak
Never. I hate to break it to you, but the answer to 99 out of 100 questions is money. There is no money in the cure, only in the treatment. Many people will lose their jobs, and the government will lose alot of money if our "incurable" diseases are cured.

To tell you the truth, I don't even think they should be cured. Human population is out of control, and disease is our final restraint.

Before you call me a heartless bastard, my entire family, with the exception of two or three people, have either diabetes, cancer, or HIV. Don't think I'm saying it because I don't know what it's like to live with a sick family member.

spidergrl
There will be a cure one day, but its not like people are going to try for years and years to come, I think that one day it will just click, or just be found by accident! Or there is no cure, its just something that will always be furious

Draco69
A very utilitarian point of view. The only that really does keep our population in check is disease and war. We have no natural predators. Diseases like AIDS and cancer stall the population growth.

I can't subscribe to this view with my heart though. Rationally it makes sense. Humanistically it's a terrible view. It depends on your perspectives on life and death.

Arachnoidfreak
I didn't say it was a good view. It's the unfortunate truth. Do you think half of America's corporations would even exist if the all acted humanely?

Draco69
I didn't say it wasn't a good view. I just said that a moral human with societal values and ethics would debase that view. It is an unfortunate truth. I wholeheartedly agree. However, in my heart I hope it is cured. Until God or nature comes up with an even nastier virus.

wuTa
it all depends on politics....stem cells could cure pretty much anything but because of politics that may never happen

spidergrl
Well, when I talk about it, I talk from the heart! I express how I feel and what I want happen. Not only because people die that you know, but people everywhere are dying.

AIDS, doesn't kill you and thats what people aren't aware of. Its the other things you catch when the AIDS distroys your ammune system. So we don't really want a cure for it, but something to destroy it in its early form, or at least something to help your ammune system fight back!! wink

Afro Cheese
Magic Johnson isn't cured. He pays out the ass for the best treatment available... if everyone was rich like Magic Johnson than maybe AIDS wouldn't be such a big deal.

Afro Cheese
Chris Rock?

For someone who has family members dieing of those diseases that IS a pretty heartless thing to say. They may have serious population problems in asia and africa but here in the US I think we'll do just fine without aids killing people off. And even if they do have those problems in asia and africa they are still better off without the disease too. With a contagious disease like that it only makes the overpopulation that much worse.

Alpha Centauri
First of all, population control is never gonna be solved if people keep rooting against things like abortions. If people keep ****ing around quite literally, without responsibility.

I don't think disease is positive at all but we can't choose how the populace of Earth is trimmed, if it has to be disease, there's nothing we can do.

-AC

WindDancer
Are you sure Fire? I thought Cancers can be preventable, but not curable. Like if you check with a doctor often and find early stages of cancer then treatment is provided so that the cancer won't spread.

spidergrl
Cancer is curable, I've seen people who had it and they got treatment and didn't died!!

And AC - its not all about having sex and not being careful, it can be sharing needles with someone who does, stuff like that can make you get it. What about someone who was raped or druged and got it that way, its not always about being careful, sometimes you do nothing wrong! Someone might of told you it was find and they have got HIV! In the old days, heaps of people got it when they got a blood transplant or what ever, because people who were giving blood didn't say that they had anything and there for the person who needed this blood might save his life in one situation but killed him in the other!!

Dexx
you not only have to stop the spreading...you have to destroy teh cancer cells also...to CURE it. that's what chemotherapy does.
a disdvantage to that being that, besides destroying cancer cells, it destroys good cells also....but it CAN be cured.

WindDancer
So in this case "treatment" can be use as "cure" for cancer. Hmm...I see what you mean.

Alpha Centauri
"its not all about having sex and not being careful, it can be sharing needles with someone who does, stuff like that can make you get it. What about someone who was raped or druged and got it that way, its not always about being careful, sometimes you do nothing wrong! Someone might of told you it was find and they have got HIV! In the old days, heaps of people got it when they got a blood transplant or what ever, because people who were giving blood didn't say that they had anything and there for the person who needed this blood might save his life in one situation but killed him in the other!!"

I know all this.

I was refering to sex.

-AC

spidergrl
Ok, and I was making sure that you knew that!! smile

Well done, you've passed your health class!! yes

~SG

debbiejo
There's almost a cure for everything. Try a Rife Frequency generator.
The FDA storms into these factories because it would ruin the economy if word got out. Drug companies, Ins. comps. Surguries, on and on and on. Also there are sites on hacres.com and dr.day or is it drday.com who both had cancer and changed a few things. Got cured..
Magic Johnson cured his HIV with a Rife I've heard!

spidergrl
I doubt that would be true, I mean, they haven't found a cure in years and years, I don't think that they might one day find it was Rife or what ever wink

~SG

debbiejo
The FDA doesn't want you to know.

AdventChild
will there be a cure for aids in the next 10 years yes...cancer yes....

spidergrl
I want to put money on that!!

Arachnoidfreak
He's said it, but that's not where I got it from. It's actually common sense.

The population problem isn't just in Asia and Africa, it's the entire planet. 6 billion humans is way too many, or haven't you been noticing the damage we're doing to the planet? We throw entire ecosystems off balance.

Don't think of it as heartless, think of it as...logical reasoning for the greater good.

AdventChild
ok i doubt 10 years from now we'll still be talkin on this forum but keep in mind... there will be a cure for aids and cancer ..technology is moving at an incredible rate

spidergrl
You can't really say that, I mean they haven't found a cure for them in the last what? hundred years? How do you know the next ten will bring the cure? It could take another 10 years...

Darth Revan
Err, AIDS has only existed in humans for 25 years or so.

And keep in mind how fast medicine has been advancing in the last three or four decades compared to the relative dark ages before them.

spidergrl
Aids has been around for more then 25 years!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

slow
Coming from Africa, it's real hard to see my fellow Africans everyday suffering from the biggest mo fo of them all but then again it stems from our own carlessness. I wonder why AIDS education programs haven't been used by organization's like WHO to teach what causes aids, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure right.
Anyway, i think a cure for cancer should come first since AIDS (the biggest mo fo) can be physically avoided. Besides AIDS, thru the eyes of a cynic, helps curb sexual perversion and frivolity.

Linkalicious
then money isn't in the cure.

it's in the medicine and treatment for people suffering from these illnesses.

BadKitty
I believe it already has happened..but there is no money in a cure so we will only see the expensive ways to live with the terrible diseases. sad

Linkalicious
Example.

Magic Johnson.

Home boy had "the HIV" some odd 15 years ago. He just so happens to be a millionaire/borderline billionaire with his various investments...and he has an almost completely normal T-cell count.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.