Do you think this is fair for a parent to spend this much on thier childs' birthday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
My brother is getting $1000 spent on him and I'm getting $130, stuff from Amazon.

I'm find with that, got no problem.

But do you think it's reasonable?

Reckoning
Be thankful you got a present in the first place.

BakaXero
i dont get presents....

BlackC@t
I am thankful.

I think people are getting the wrong idea.

I was asking if you'd think my parents would be fine with spending $130 on me because it seems like a lot.

Morning_Glory
No I dont think it is reasonable no

Im also the "kid" in the family that doesnt get much for their birthday or xmas - my sister always get way more than I do ...erm its a bummer

I know I should be thankful for whatever... but ... it's tough to see the other sibling be more favored sad

KillTheLight
^ story of my life

BlackC@t
I guess it's kind of unfair that my brother gets $900 more then me erm...

Morning_Glory
yea that is a little unfair-

is your brother older or younger

BakaXero
i dont get presents.... sad

BlackC@t
He's older by about two minutes. We're twins.

KillTheLight
sorry but then why the hell is he getting more???? that is just not fair

BlackC@t
I don't know, it's all favouritism...

Morning_Glory
TWINS!!! - well then you should get the same thing...
what is he going to do with $1000

what are you going to buy on Amazon?

Cid
it depends on whose older and how old they are. i usually get less than my little sis and bro but the things are more expensive.

BlackC@t
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master - Movie poster.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Movie - DVD.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - DVD.

The Evil Dead - DVD.

Evil Dead 2 - DVD.

Army of Darkness: Evil Dead 3 - DVD.

That's it.

My brother's going to The White Islands to dive for a week.

Morning_Glory
WTF! why arent you going with him?

BlackC@t
A) Because I don't know how to dive, it takes ages to learn.

B) I don't want to.

C) My Dad and brother are going with friends, I don't want to be the only female.

*Danii*
I'm an only child and i dont get that much spent on me! The only birthday when i did was when i got my drumkit, and that was 2 Chistmas and a birthday present.
And if you had the option to go with them then surely you refused the present, when you parents were willing to give you it?

eggmayo
Most I ever got spent on me was 270 quid for my new guitar

*Danii*
Yep. . . I got my drumkit in pieces to. . . i had to put it together and learn to play it myself.

KillTheLight
yeah but she's from New zealand so it's a thousand New zealand dollars.

*Danii*

BlackC@t
They never asked me too come.

And it's not parents! It's Dad and Step-Mum.

Alpha Centauri

BlackC@t
About just over 300 pounds.

Morning_Glory
new zealand dollars arent as much in American Currency

Snipes
my parents spend around $400-$500 on me and my brother, and because we are almost the same age. we both have similar tastes, so we get the same amount spent on us for bday and xmas, give or take $50.

the only time he got more spent of him was when he turned 21, but im fine with that, cause i got to share in the alcoholic fun.

Jackie Malfoy
If the child is the only kid that the couple has then it is fine.Acouse I would like to have some of that money saved for collage or my future!JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.