Katanas Are Cool, If You Agree reaply

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crash Overload
Here is My NEW baby, Slice...

http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Pentagram/DSC01001.jpg

http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Pentagram/DSC01002.jpg

Crash Overload
By The Way, Thats Not Blood, thats Paint...

OOPS! I just noticed a type - o in the title...

Myth
My roomate has some pretty awesome ones.

Dvae
eek! they're sweet

VENOMfan
that was badass Ive always wanted one but i got Nunchuakus<sp instead

VilleValo462
wow .. you could really kil someone with one of those thumb up eek!

WindDancer
Katanas are awesome!!! I don't have one, but I do have a Tomahawk axe. big grin

VilleValo462
i have a pistol .... but no ammo sad

Crash Overload
As I said before, your sick...

VilleValo462
wink

Dregh
I've got a mouse pad.

HockeyHorror
i prefer daggers.

Darth Revan
I prefer longswords.... I want Narsil from LOTR so bad....

Anyways, I have a flintlock pistol that looks quite a bit like the ones in POTC cool

Darth Revan
oh I just remembered I saw a show about katanas on the History channel a few days ago... It takes an incredible amound of skill to be able to make one properly, and that of more than one person

You know what else is cool is Damascus steel raver

Crash Overload
You MIGHT want to check this out...

VENOMfan
spiffy swords...........but the Blade remake is the coolest

Peloquin
Sweet bud smile I do Kendo it's great fun smile

N.Tonks
Sword are cool cool

steely balls
weapons are always favorites big grin

VilleValo462
what ever is sharpest .. i prefer

steely balls
indeed

eleveninches
I would have bought myself one, but I would probably end up chopping my arm off or something.sad

Myth
Are those replicas or real?

Darth Revan
I know exactly where to buy one, problem is I don't have the money sad

Crash Overload
Which ones?

Baylin
Thats a nice looking sword crash!

Myth
The ones that you have pictures of. Replicas can still be deadly but are just made cheaply and aren't as valuable.

Darth Revan
agreed. The amount of effort that goes into making a single sword the traditional Japanese way is just incredible.

Crash Overload
CLICK ME! big grin

VENOMfan
awsome but i have to give it up for the ninja sword, they are the best. squar hand guard, strait blade. total rad-ness

but I still have to settle for friggin Nunchukus.......

Crash Overload
I HATE the ninja swords.... Because the are perfectly straight and all.

VENOMfan
but thats why they rule! the curve is a hazard what if it gets stuck in the scabbard?

did that rhyme............

Crash Overload
Ummm dude... all katana scaboards are hooked just like it...

VENOMfan
yes I know that, I thought that was the risky part.................

anyhow,do you know about the "great" Katana maker's? by that i mean was there actualy a Hatori Hanzo?((kill bill))

Crash Overload
There indeed is A HAtori Hanzo and he does make very good steel blades... for cooking.
Hatori Hanzo

VENOMfan
....Im trying to come up with some names but really all i can think of is the Masamune guy. really if any of these guys were still alive they could make the most wicked blades, stuff about just putting the sword in water can change the current of a leaf and stuff......not too sure about the folklore tho

but would probably cost 8 grand for one of thier blades, but If i had the money........

Tired Hiker
You'll poke your eye out!pokey

BarmyBrummie
Katanas are good but i prefer Sais yes

Darth Revan
An extreme amount of care goes into just that--ensuring that the scabbard is planed to exactly fit the individual sword. If it is made properly, it WON'T get stuck in the scabbard. Plus, they have to test each sword before they sell it to whoever ordered it.

Like I said earlier, I prefer longswords but that's because so many katanas have all that unnecessary decoration and it just looks corny.

Vampiree
Katanas!!!! eek! i've got two words for ye: KILL BILL yes

drool

Fire
nice blade Crash

Crash Overload
To put you easy... I wanted one BEFORE Matrix Reloaded and Kill Bill...

I Just love Katanas... not like any other sword, Lighweight, one or two handed and overall does the same amount of damage, well, i wouldn't know or will I be stupid enough to actually USE the blade, I mean, lets saw you cut someone's head off, the bone will eternally notch the blade forever.

And by the way, I HATE the ones that are decoraded with like snake head, or dragnon head hilt,m with all the ropy things and all sick Its krony and makes it twice as hard to handle.

And to see if you have a replica or not, the replicas, the blade can twist off the hilt... Real ones the blade goes all the way INTO the hilt...

iluvpippin
whats a katana or watecva?

Crash Overload
It is a one sided blade that is slightly curved... The hilt is oval in shape and suits the hand well.

Also see:

1- The Pictures at the begining

2- Kill Bill

iluvpippin
so its like a nife?

Crash Overload
noooooo its a sword, but lighter and faster.

Korri
i agree lovelovelove

eleveninches
I'd still prefer a lightsaber. They aren't real, but I stil want one.smilesmile

Tired Hiker
Why don't the authentic Katanas have hand guards?? There's got to be a reason for it. Anyone know????????

Tired Hiker
Hmm, i think I just discovered the answer. I'm not sure if i made this up or if I remembered it, but I think katanas don't have hand guards because they are assasination tools rather than dueling tools. Make sense? You tell me. I don't claim to know sh*it.

Tired Hiker
erm

Crash Overload
thats most probly the real answer.

Tired Hiker
Thanks!

bleu332
I love the Katana, but I have to ask if you have tested it for quality.

I have a picture I plan on putting up with another name I need to activate.

Moshadoe

☼He look as if he found out that the monster under the bed was real, and it was screwing Mommy.☼

PiruBlood
nice man but seriously a sword is for the weak. no disrespect but thats just my opinion.

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by bleu332
I love the Katana, but I have to ask if you have tested it for quality.

I have a picture I plan on putting up with another name I need to activate.

Moshadoe

☼He look as if he found out that the monster under the bed was real, and it was screwing Mommy.☼
Bump? no expression

Koala MeatPie
Urgh, I hate multiple year bumps. But its actually helpping me track down all the left over subscribed threads, now I can just delete them.

bleu332
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Urgh, I hate multiple year bumps. But its actually helpping me track down all the left over subscribed threads, now I can just delete them.

too bad. I wantd to show my new baby, but apparently google doesnt bring up the most recent sites. I am however glad to be a part of the forums.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.