music genre poll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gwiinlgleirn
which gengre of music do you like the best

Atomic Rico
Classic Rock

IRON EDDIE 666
I'll go with metal, although i would like to see an option for prog rock. sad

gwiinlgleirn
yeah man I wudda put both classic and prog rock in here but it only lets u put 10 options....it was a hard decision to make

IRON EDDIE 666
Nevermind, its still nice to nobody has yet voted for rap etc

hh?
rap isn't a genre.

my fav genre is underground hip hop.

Atomic Rico
rap IS a genre. not a particularly good genre, but a genre nonetheless

SlipknoT
Metal

IRON EDDIE 666
^Agreed big grin

hh?
ignorance roll eyes (sarcastic)

Atomic Rico
whats ignorant it the fact that a rapper cant be good unless he has designer clothing-what im trying to say is, rap is the gay black guy of music genres

hh?
laughing pure ignorance, judging a genre when you haven't even heard the music...im not talking about the garbage on television and radio.

Atomic Rico
oh yeah, Ive heard underground rap, and its crap too-my friend makes me listen to it all the time

hh?
laughing

which artists have u listened to? and rap isn't a genre. rap is the verb. hip hop is the culture.

Atomic Rico
Im seriously running out of outspoken comebacks to say-and thats bad for me

And that CULTURE is killing mainstream rock n roll, but I have a feeling a rock band in the future is gonna come out and blow everybody away-after all, no other music genres in recent history have reinvented itself like rock n roll

hh?
didn't answer my question roll eyes (sarcastic)

every music is good, wheather it be hip hop or rock. (except commerical music, **** that shit laughing out loud )

Atomic Rico
he makes me listen to Mos Def, Funkmaster Flex, Run DMC, J-Love-all that crap

SlipknoT
well that stuff is 80% of all hip hop

Atomic Rico
thank you slipknot, finally someone can agree with me
I think what hip-hop and pop is doing to the music community is horrible, and im not the only one

hh?
no there's

100% commerical/mainstream hip hop
100% underground hip hop

different things

hh?
atomic rico- how is UNDERGROUND HIP HOP ruining society?

Atomic Rico
yep, and lets hope underground hip hop STAYS underground

hh?
atomic im waiting for an answer. you there?

Atomic Rico
underground hip-hop is ruining society just becuase it exists

hh?
laughing as i said, pure ignorance. you couldn't name me artists you've listened to, and now you can't even explain. laughing

Atomic Rico
what are you talking about?
I did name the artists I listened to

hh?
ah, i didn't see that post.

and those aren't underground mc's, and the old mos def is underground, not the new one.

and you based a genre on 1 artist? NICE!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Atomic Rico
yeah, the real reason I dont like hip-hop was becuase my white a ss was freestyled in school

jk

Dr. Strangelove
Atomic Rico, know what your talking about before you post. Most of the artists you've heard are mainstream artists. You've not heard any underground artist with the exception of Mos Def, and you could make a case Mos Def is mainstream. Your comment that underground hip-hop is ruining society is beyond stupid as underground hip-hop is producing just as good music as any other genre and no other genre can speak about what's good/bad with the world today better.

Here's a suggestion, try out some of these hip hop artists.

MF Doom
Blackalicious
De La Soul
Oliver Hart
Sage Francis

If you still think these artists suck and underground hip-hop sucks fine, its your opinion. But don't come in here and start saying stuff that you don't have a clue about.

Atomic Rico
haha! hip-hop fan go boom

Dr. Strangelove
That comment would've been more warranted if I had used cAp
s for my post, told you how much the Beatles were a bunch of pansies and suck, and told you that your nothing more than a ignorant little kid who needs to put some dog feces in your mouth.

But alas, I didn't say anything like that, so your comment just shows your immaturity to respond to a simple request to learn more about a genre that gets misunderstood a lot.

(by the way, I'm not saying the Beatles were pansies or suck, so I don't want any of you Beatles fans to go "Mid-evil" on my ass wink)

Atomic Rico
haha! dog feces go boom!

You Suck
Are you like 12?

Atomic Rico
no Im 31

SlipknoT
Your 31? blink

Atomic Rico
jk im an immature 15 year-my immaturity will never decline

Lord_Andres
This one is easy, Hard Rock hands down! they have the best of everything, the singers in hard rock are the best of the best, Hard rock guitar players are the best ithere are there aint any quastion too it!, keyboards also the best(Mic Michaeli, and Van Halen are Gods!), all the other guys on instrument are top notch in Hard rock, it simpli is the best genre

MildPossession
I like all sorts of music... but Indie/Emo/SoftRock/Psychedelic Rock is what I mostly listen to.

Korri
i couldnt pick one thing because i like many different genres.

mainly Metal/Classic Rock

Bierbommetje
Well, I guess you could say its metal for me at the moment.

Korri
id say so judging by your sex avatar droolio

Storm
Hard rock and metal.

Bierbommetje
smokin'

Morgoths_Wrath

Atomic Rico
what about it?

Morgoths_Wrath
is my favorite genre (not included in the poll, I might add)

Afro Cheese
How come emo gets it's own genre but hip hop doesn't? And Atomic Rico if rap is such simple trash I'd like to see you write a decent verse or learn to dj.

AcrypT
why don't these gener poll's ever have the choice for multiple options?

ElectricBugaloo
Indie isn't a genre of music. Unless you consider Minor Threat and The Shins to be of the same genre.

Atomic Rico
Why bother trying to do something I hate?

hh?
hating something you have no knowledge on...pure genius roll eyes (sarcastic)

Atomic Rico
Do I sense a hint of sarcasm in your breath?

Afro Cheese
If it's as simple as you say it'd take little to no effort. I'm not expecting you to try, just pointing out that if you did you'd find out just how much skill it takes.

Darth Revan
Why in ****'s name are hip-hop and pop grouped together? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Atomic Rico
becuase theyre both meant for merchandising only

Darth Revan
That's bullshit, only crap mainstream hip-pop is that way. Hip-hop was never created for the purpose of selling millions of records and the "gangsta" lifestyle... It was created to bring people together. If anything hip-hop was originally anti-crime and anti-gangster, but still a way of sticking it to the pigs in DC. It's disgusting what the huge record labels have turned it into. Indie, biatch. thumb up

ElectricBugaloo
Atomic, it's ironic considering that's what The Beatles were when they started - for merchandising. And since you obviously know nothing abotu hip hop, maybe you should shut up about it. You only show your ignorance.

Atomic Rico
The only reason they were like that is becuase George Martin made them act like that to be popular. John hated that image, and when he died, they went with a completely different style

ElectricBugaloo
Wow, you don't know your Beatles history. You're talking about Epstein, not George Martin.

Darth Revan
...And the only reason hip-hop is like that is because of the huge corporate record labels that create stupid images for their stupider artists.

Atomic Rico
yeah, Epstein, thats right-gimme a break its 9:41, I cant do proper beatles trivia after 8:00

Afro Cheese
Hip hop was actually said be started in the 70's as a sort of backlash from the cheapening of music like disco and such.. which is why the first hip hop dj's like kool herc sampled old r&b and funk acts such as james brown and george clinton. It was supposed to be a revival of artistic value in the black community.

ElectricBugaloo
...and i'll say again that Indie is not even close to being a musical genre. Because no one seemed to acknowledge that.

Afro Cheese
Yeah technically you're right but a lot of people use it as a genre these days.

ElectricBugaloo
as George Carlin said, "A lot of people are pretty ****ing stupid."

Atomic Rico
George Carlin is god

brandino
best smartass insult comic in the world big grin

Atomic Rico
noone asked you

brandino
why isnt mainstream sensless lyrical bullshit and i cant think deeper then a mound of dirt a genre everyone i know loves it

hh?
i asked him...mentally.

ElectricBugaloo
Now in english for the rest of us...

Atomic Rico
Hello, im a dumbass and Im gonna say what everyone on this forum has already said a million times blah blah blah

brandino
ok ok here my fine fellow
What i mean is sensless last thought lyrics
Neo corporate fascist messages like buy this etc
and is only listened to because everyone else does and cannot form a deep thought

brandino
oops

Atomic Rico
*pity clap*

brandino
your truly a dick then again we all are

ElectricBugaloo
what? I was asking him to repeat cause I didn't know what he said. sorry, maybe i can't read garbled language as well as youbecause I don't have to reply to every post in every thread like you do.

but what does that have to do with what we are talkign about?

Atomic Rico
I was translating brandino's engrish
whats up with you lately?

ElectricBugaloo
oh, i thought you were attacking me

brandino
thank god finally someone understands the actual meaning of what i post it is true everyone is just BLAH BLAH BLAH but the surface idea that i said is somewhat true if not in totality

brandino
engrish?

Atomic Rico
no

Filth
Where is Gothic?

ladygrim
i lik erock and punk..

Clovie
voted punk

ladygrim
kewl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.