The Blind ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG
Always wondered how do blind peple get around on the net and communication wieth phones ;

i mean i keep looking at the F, J, and 5 keys on every keyboard around the world and they all have brill ; those impressions we all see but dont think much about. They are also on the number 5 of almost every handset we have at home, office, in front of us on the plane. i've even seen it on bottles of wine.

but how do they manage to pecieve (recieve) information ?

SlipknoT
I'd hate to be blind, I'd kill myself

drunk_nazgul
That's waht I wondered... blink

Some guy- You should check out this website, Mr. Blind Man.
Blind Man- Okay, but I don't know how to get there. I can't type.
That other guy- Here, I'll put braille on your keyboard so you can get there.
Blind dude- Thanks man. Oh, I love the graphics on your site!

blink

GCG
laughing out loud

drunk_nazgul
I don't have braille on my keyboard. I just have little lines to tell me where to put my home fingers. sad

Great, now I'll never be able to type when I get old and dull-sighted. laughing

Jackie Malfoy
The phone would be easy but going online is impossible I mean sure they can type but how could they see what is going online?JM

GCG
they wouldnt see, bet there are headsets with microphones for chat and i think thats as far as they can go

Clovie
to be honest...
why would blind ppl use net? confused they can't see anything anyway confused

Storm
There are software programs that convert text into synthesized speech and blind people are able to listen to Web content. These software programs are generally called "screen readers", even though they do quite a bit more than simply read the screen. Screen readers allow users to navigate through Web content in many ways. The user can simply let the screen reader read everything from top to bottom, one line at a time, or the user can use the tab key to navigate from link to link. The user can also navigate from one heading to the next (if the Web content has headings), from one frame to the next (if there are frames), or by other methods. Common screen readers include JAWS, Window Eyes, and Home Page Reader.

Screen readers can also be used by those who are both deaf and blind, but rather than convert text into speech, screen readers for the deaf-blind convert text into Braille characters on refreshable Braille devices.

http://www.webaim.org/media/graphics/singleuse/visual/braillenote-smaller.jpg

Devices such as this have small pins that can be raised or lowered to form Braille characters which the deaf-blind individual can feel.

angelsflame265
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/blind.php

they talk about internet for the blind on here

Jackie Malfoy
Cool I am going to check this link right now.JM

Alpha Centauri
I don't see the point of this thread.

-AC

Tex
So dont post in it.

Napalm
I didnt know blind people could use a computer

Alpha Centauri
"So dont post in it."

I'm gonna have to start putting in brackets underneath my jokes, (JOKE). Or (PUN).

I don't SEE the point of this thread.....because it's about BLIND people?

No, it wasn't said in disrespect nor was it intended to be an approved joke, but it was a pun.

Damn.

-AC

s|m
shocking I dont kno what i would do if i'd lose my sight sad
Good link.
Well, blind ppl could browse the web that way erm

Alpha Centauri
I would rather be deaf than blind.

Someone asked me that recently. Just thought I'd voice it in this thread.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.