Batman vs. Doom vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
A mysterious figure appears before Bruce telling him that he knows who killed Bruce's parents. He gives Bruce a complete biography of Thanos and tells Bruce to spend the next month preparing to defeat Thanos and after a month, he will be teleported to Thanos' headquarters. If Batman defeats Thanos, his parents will be returned to life. But he warns Batman that Doom is also gunning for Thanos and if Doom takes down Thanos before Batman, Batman gets nothing. He gives Batman a bio on Doom as well.

A minute later, that same mysterious figure appears before Doom telling him that by defeating Thanos, Doom's mother's soul will be released from Hel. Doom also gets a month and a Thanos bio, and also gets the warning and bio on Batman.

Thanos knows nothing of these plans.

A month later, they both get teleported in front of Thanos' stronghold, and in front of each other.

Batman and Doom, the two premier intellects in comicdom with one month prep against each other and Thanos, who is unaware of what's going on until an alarm is tripped.

What happens?

SnakeEyes
Hmmm, this is a pretty cool thread. considering that Thanos knows nothing of this before-hand, i think it really just comes down to who can defeat Thanos. I think that Doom would win overall. He has better technology than Batman and IMO is a smarter person (not that Batman isn't).

spetznaz
I love Batman (he can beat ALMOST anyone with prep time), and I love Doom. I also abhor Thanos. I detest nearly everything about him.
But this one eassily goes to the Mad Titan.
Come on, the guy beat the living daylights out of several deities who were attacking him at once! Batman and Doom may be amazing, but they are not cosmic.
Even with prep time they would really have no chance whatsoever. After all, how can one stop a force of nature.
It is basically like me telling you to prepare for one month, after which you are supposed to stop the sun from rising. Not block sunlight .....but literally stop the sun from rising (that is stop the Earth's rotation)!
I could give you a millenia, or a mere minute, and the results would still be the same. No avail.
Same thing here. Doom and Bruce are way out of their league. Taking down Superman or the Fantastic Four is one thing (and both of them could do it with prep time), but Thanos is best left to people with the power of Parallax, Ion, the Phoenix entity, or Superman Prime (with the sword of truth , 5th dimension magic, and the last GL ring).

who?-kid
What is Batman doing here ?

Alpha Centauri
I think Thanos has already won purely off the fact that subconsciously everyone realises that it would have to be Batman AND Doom Vs Thanos.

-AC

guy222
Originally posted by demigawd
A mysterious figure appears before Bruce telling him that he knows who killed Bruce's parents. He gives Bruce a complete biography of Thanos and tells Bruce to spend the next month preparing to defeat Thanos and after a month, he will be teleported to Thanos' headquarters. If Batman defeats Thanos, his parents will be returned to life. But he warns Batman that Doom is also gunning for Thanos and if Doom takes down Thanos before Batman, Batman gets nothing. He gives Batman a bio on Doom as well.

A minute later, that same mysterious figure appears before Doom telling him that by defeating Thanos, Doom's mother's soul will be released from Hel. Doom also gets a month and a Thanos bio, and also gets the warning and bio on Batman.

Thanos knows nothing of these plans.

A month later, they both get teleported in front of Thanos' stronghold, and in front of each other.

Batman and Doom, the two premier intellects in comicdom with one month prep against each other and Thanos, who is unaware of what's going on until an alarm is tripped.

What happens?

Doom>Thanos

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by guy222
Doom>Thanos
Not really.
Why do you keep boumping these old threads? confused

grey fox
Batman takes a stroll down to Mister Miracles house and breaks in (He's the 'Godamn Batman' rules dont apply to him) and steals his mother box. He then uses it to go to Oa and threatens to blow up OA unless they give him a ring.

Bat's then spends the rest of the month training.

Green Bat-Lantern with Motherbox ftw
!

Beta Ray Howard
Batman tries the Batkick and gets his leg broken off, and then Thanos beats him with it.

Evil_Ash
The Batkick will prevail! stick out tongue

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4354/1qb1.jpg

grey fox
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

Please tell me thats photo-shopped sick

Priest

Holy Batman's ButtCheeks!

Beta Ray Howard

Holy Dogma, Batman! You KTFOed God's right hand man!

Evil_Ash
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5166/2mz9.jpg

And then the kick eek!

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by grey fox
Please tell me thats photo-shopped sick
Tales of the unexpected 4 Batman even threatens Spectre in it. no expression

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Batman threatens Spectre
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5166/2mz9.jpg

Batkick into the face!!!

Spectre wasn't hurt after or anything like that though.

grey fox
Who wrote this shit then ?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by grey fox
Who wrote this shit then ?
David Lapham and Brian Azzarello.

Bentley
Biggest piece of trash I've seen in a long time... Best depiction of the awesome batkick I've seen too.

boriquaking55

LOL Holy shit laughing

lorddreamer
What comic is that from???

TricksterPriest
eek! blink What the f**k? He KOed Spectre? WOW.... shifty That is ****ing weird. But funny as hell. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing Happy Dance Even with Batman&Doom, I think Thanos carries the day. But if Doom gets a cosmic cube or something, they might take him out. But since they're fighting each other, Doom beats the batman, partly because he now has a hell-made magic armor with awesome power. Baring a cosmic cube, I think Thanos wins.

juggernaut66666
Spectre wasn't hurt after or anything like that though.

bigbran
How does this matter though really?
Batman like knocked him over in those scans, and Spectre seemed to have some pain going on there.

LordFear
I thin this will come down to Victor and Thanos and Victor will have so much contigencies for Thanos's attacks that in the end I actually believe that Doom with a month's prep can truly overthow an ill prepared Thanos.

TricksterPriest
When is Thanos EVER ill-prepared? roll eyes (sarcastic) He's not going down to Doom.

LordFear
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
When is Thanos EVER ill-prepared? roll eyes (sarcastic) He's not going down to Doom.

Thanos is not prepped sufficiently to counter successfully a Doom who had a MONTH of prep and intel on him. PLUS DOOM is fighting with a new found inspiration. Have you forgotten what young Doom has done in order to find his mother in Hell? No Doom is my man in this encounter

bigbran
Originally posted by LordFear
Thanos is not prepped sufficiently to counter successfully a Doom who had a MONTH of prep and intel on him. PLUS DOOM is fighting with a new found inspiration. Have you forgotten what young Doom has done in order to find his mother in Hell? No Doom is my man in this encounter Ya, not gotten her, is what has happened.
What happened again when him AND Strange went to get her...

LordFear
Originally posted by bigbran
Ya, not gotten her, is what has happened.
What happened again when him AND Strange went to get her...

At that time I think he was not sufficiently prepared to handle what he encountered but Doom doesn't fail often.

Also it seems that you want to highlight Doom's failures but what about Thanos? Obviously the mere fact that this universe is not dead means that he has failed numerous times at least in the eyes of Mistress Death.

bigbran
At that time I think he was not sufficiently prepared to handle what he encountered but Doom doesn't fail often.

Also it seems that you want to highlight Doom's failures but what about Thanos? Obviously the mere fact that this universe is not dead means that he has failed numerous times at least in the eyes of Mistress Death. I'm not highlighting them.
After all, wasn't it you, who used his mother as an example?

Also, Thanos's task, delivering complete death to Death.
Doom's, getting his mother's soul back...

Work it out.

Also, Thanos loses on purpose when he has artifacts of powers.

Plus, in the eyes of Death, she doesn't want Thanos to do this, she has said that she doesn't need Thanos's help to get death.

You also want to read a story in which Marvel is just nothingless?

LordFear
I'm not highlighting them.
After all, wasn't it you, who used his mother as an example?

Also, Thanos's task, delivering complete death to Death.
Doom's, getting his mother's soul back...

Work it out.

Also, Thanos loses on purpose when he has artifacts of powers.

Plus, in the eyes of Death, she doesn't want Thanos to do this, she has said that she doesn't need Thanos's help to get death.

You also want to read a story in which Marvel is just nothingless?

Well are you trying to say that it was a simple feat for Doom to whisk his mother's soul out of HELL???? You make it sound like a mundane task.
It might not be as grandiose as Thanos but still a helluva thing to accomplish so him failing is nothing to laugh at.

My point with Death is that Thanos has failed as well, so my point is both characters are not omnipotent or omniscient. They both experience failures and both to many degrees can be defeated if properly given the opportunity

bigbran
Well are you trying to say that it was a simple feat for Doom to whisk his mother's soul out of HELL???? You make it sound like a mundane task.
It might not be as grandiose as Thanos but still a helluva thing to accomplish so him failing is nothing to laugh at.

My point with Death is that Thanos has failed as well, so my point is both characters are not omnipotent or omniscient. They both experience failures and both to many degrees can be defeated if properly given the opportunity You know what's funny? Surfer goes and fights Mephisto and takes his soul back. Just thought I'd add that in...

Ya, everyone experiences failures, and Thanos's is really irrelevent here.

That is like comparing me almost blowing up a planet, to a random human almost catching a bunny rabbit.
You can't compare failures.

And again, you brought up Doom and his mother. Just thought I would see where you were trying to go with it.

And also, Thanos's plan was to get ultimate power, which he has accomplished 3 times.
He has also really never outright failed Death either.

LordFear
You know what's funny? Surfer goes and fights Mephisto and takes his soul back. Just thought I'd add that in...

Ya, everyone experiences failures, and Thanos's is really irrelevent here.

That is like comparing me almost blowing up a planet, to a random human almost catching a bunny rabbit.
You can't compare failures.

And again, you brought up Doom and his mother. Just thought I would see where you were trying to go with it.

And also, Thanos's plan was to get ultimate power, which he has accomplished 3 times.
He has also really never outright failed Death either.

Ok what was the point of bringing SS into the debate?
By your logic I can bring any outside character to validate my point?No
It seems that you fall in the category of people on here who believes that might makes right. Simply because Thanos is vastly more powerful seemingly that Doom doesn't mean that Doom is outwitted or outgunned in a matchup where clearly the advantage has been given to Victor. A month's preparation, where Doom can utilize every resources he can get his hands on? While Thanos is completely oblivious to his assault? I love Thanos but I don't think you are thinking this through all the way.
I brought up the failure thing incidentally to point out how both characters are not all godlike especially in Thanos's case. He has done impressive things but when you give an opponent like doom this degree of leverage, I don't see Victor failing at all.
You said you can't compare failures, you are comparing the Degrees of each character's failure, I am emphasizing the idea that if a character can fail at something, whatever it is he set his mind to, he can be taken down given the right set of opportunities presenting themselves for his opponent.

bigbran
Ok what was the point of bringing SS into the debate?
By your logic I can bring any outside character to validate my point?No
It seems that you fall in the category of people on here who believes that might makes right. Simply because Thanos is vastly more powerful seemingly that Doom doesn't mean that Doom is outwitted or outgunned in a matchup where clearly the advantage has been given to Victor. A month's preparation, where Doom can utilize every resources he can get his hands on? While Thanos is completely oblivious to his assault? I love Thanos but I don't think you are thinking this through all the way.
I brought up the failure thing incidentally to point out how both characters are not all godlike especially in Thanos's case. He has done impressive things but when you give an opponent like doom this degree of leverage, I don't see Victor failing at all.
You said you can't compare failures, you are comparing the Degrees of each character's failure, I am emphasizing the idea that if a character can fail at something, whatever it is he set his mind to, he can be taken down given the right set of opportunities presenting themselves for his opponent. I brought Surfer into the debate to show that someone with no prep, lower than Thanos, can go and take his own soul back from Mephisto after besting him in a fight.

Funny... I don't remember giving this battle to anyone. Can you find me the quote where I gave Thanos the win?

But prep is just one big plot device. Sure he can use all his equipment, but what exactly is he going to come up with? How does prep equate what they are going to use? You do know it took a Doombot a couple years that was specifically sent to take Surfer's power, to actually get his power (he also had to trick him with Surfer's desire)? Doom isn't exactly the most speediest with his plans, and actions. Like, remember when he tried to assasinate that guy in HOTU?

So how is he going to bring Thanos down with his prep? No really, I want an answer. Is he going to absorb his powers? Is he going steal someone elses power? What is he going to do to Thanos other than "he has a month of prep, so he wins"?

This is also a fight, so before they start, they will be facing each other.

You can't compare them in the same sentence as you were doing.
All you said, was that both have failed. Well, lots of people have failed, so lets add that into the discussion.
Galactus has failed, so Doom can take him down too, right?
Thanos failed to destroy the Marvel universe (when he actually let himself fail), and you are somehow using this as a way that Doom can beat him?
This doesn't make sense to me.

Still, I'll say it again:
You brought up Doom with prep, and him trying to get his mother's soul back in the same sentence.
Guess what? He failed that with prep. I don't even know why you said it.

Besides, Doom already shown he has nothing on a Thanos using the Power Gem (he couldn't stop Thanos from doing what you said... surprise!). So how is him failing to destroy the universe relevent to Doom?
The IG isn't even relevent, the Cosmic Cube isn't relevent. And both those times he only tried to become one with the universe.
The only time he really failed at destroying the universe was when a clone tried to destroy it.
No, so he hasn't failed Death, at that part, and that goes down the drain... unless you can show me Thanos trying to destroy the universe and actually failing, otherwise that is irrelevent.

The only thing Thanos failed Death at, was trying to get her love, and he has even done that, so give me an actual failure.

So, this battle is Doom with a month of prep vs Thanos. We have absolutely no proof of what Doom is going to do with prep. Sure he has a month, but if he can't utilize it in a way to take down Thanos, he is screwed, and so far, no one has shown me that he can.
Hell, I could just say that Thanos puts him in a block of pure physical force, and he wins.

LordFear
I brought Surfer into the debate to show that someone with no prep, lower than Thanos, can go and take his own soul back from Mephisto after besting him in a fight.

Funny... I don't remember giving this battle to anyone. Can you find me the quote where I gave Thanos the win?

But prep is just one big plot device. Sure he can use all his equipment, but what exactly is he going to come up with? How does prep equate what they are going to use? You do know it took a Doombot a couple years that was specifically sent to take Surfer's power, to actually get his power (he also had to trick him with Surfer's desire)? Doom isn't exactly the most speediest with his plans, and actions. Like, remember when he tried to assasinate that guy in HOTU?

So how is he going to bring Thanos down with his prep? No really, I want an answer. Is he going to absorb his powers? Is he going steal someone elses power? What is he going to do to Thanos other than "he has a month of prep, so he wins"?

This is also a fight, so before they start, they will be facing each other.

You can't compare them in the same sentence as you were doing.
All you said, was that both have failed. Well, lots of people have failed, so lets add that into the discussion.
Galactus has failed, so Doom can take him down too, right?
Thanos failed to destroy the Marvel universe (when he actually let himself fail), and you are somehow using this as a way that Doom can beat him?
This doesn't make sense to me.

Still, I'll say it again:
You brought up Doom with prep, and him trying to get his mother's soul back in the same sentence.
Guess what? He failed that with prep. I don't even know why you said it.

Besides, Doom already shown he has nothing on a Thanos using the Power Gem (he couldn't stop Thanos from doing what you said... surprise!). So how is him failing to destroy the universe relevent to Doom?
The IG isn't even relevent, the Cosmic Cube isn't relevent. And both those times he only tried to become one with the universe.
The only time he really failed at destroying the universe was when a clone tried to destroy it.
No, so he hasn't failed Death, at that part, and that goes down the drain... unless you can show me Thanos trying to destroy the universe and actually failing, otherwise that is irrelevent.

The only thing Thanos failed Death at, was trying to get her love, and he has even done that, so give me an actual failure.

So, this battle is Doom with a month of prep vs Thanos. We have absolutely no proof of what Doom is going to do with prep. Sure he has a month, but if he can't utilize it in a way to take down Thanos, he is screwed, and so far, no one has shown me that he can.
Hell, I could just say that Thanos puts him in a block of pure physical force, and he wins.

On what proof do you go buy to say that Doom can't accomplish the goal of plotting taking down Thanos in a month? Since you are all about the facts.
Second bringing other character's exploits is irrelevant to the debate. I don't care what SS did in a matter of minutes versus a human with very little knowledge on Mephisto having the balls to venture in HIS realm to save a soul. Seriously only Strange himself as a human can conistently go into his realm and come out victorious, last time I checked SS wasn't human so why try to compare apples and oranges?
Then you argue that Thanos failed only once right? Well the simple fact that he FAILED is my point. The guy can't boast a hundred percent win therefore he is pegged down and hence can be taken down with the right planning and tools.
Let me ask you, when Thanos blasted Victor into what seemed oblivion in the IG saga(or might be Beyonder in secret wars, can't remember), his armor barely keeping him alive, that wasn't impressive to you? Victor usurping the Beyonder's power, obtainig the cube and stealing SS's power are not indicative of a character that clearly has the potential given sufficient time and planning to go against Thanos himself?
Particularly when its a Thanos who has his guards down. Victor will not only use his tech, but any other tech available on Earth, then still whatever tech from other races, possibly even stealing secrets from the Baxter building itself from Reed's lab and if given time trying to understand Thanos's technology AND having his sorcery as a backup. I mean Victor will come packing and will come very very well prepared.

bigbran
On what proof do you go buy to say that Doom can't accomplish the goal of plotting taking down Thanos in a month? Since you are all about the facts. What proof do you have that he CAN?
I already gave you proof of him failing with prep, or taking way longer than a month.
You have given me, "He has a month of prep, that means he wins!"
Prep is one of the dumbest things ever, unless you can come up with something he can do with it. I could easily give Thanos prep examples, but he doesn't have prep.
If your going to back a character with prep, then you have to explain what he is going to do, other than see those magical words of "prep", and "month".
Prep is irrelevent when he can't do anything with it, or has no proof of him doing it.
If you had any examples fine, but you have given me none, and it is to assume that he is just prep, with no substance to support any arguement.

Second bringing other character's exploits is irrelevant to the debate. I don't care what SS did in a matter of minutes versus a human with very little knowledge on Mephisto having the balls to venture in HIS realm to save a soul. Seriously only Strange himself as a human can conistently go into his realm and come out victorious, last time I checked SS wasn't human so why try to compare apples and oranges? confused
You think Surfer has a lot of knowledge on Mephisto? As far as I know, he has less than Doom.
Doom has studied that realm, he has to know what he is getting into.
Surfer just basically knows that he is a demon, and he has his own realm.
Don't you see in comics, it matters not if he is a human, or an alien? Does that mean that Reed isn't comparable to a Skrull just because he is human, even though Reed is smarter?

Then you argue that Thanos failed only once right? Well the simple fact that he FAILED is my point. The guy can't boast a hundred percent win therefore he is pegged down and hence can be taken down with the right planning and tools. That is absolutely irrelevent, and not to mention completely redicules.
You know Spectre has failed don't you? LT has failed. Eternity has failed. Galactus has failed.
So Doom can take them down, or even make it relevent in a battle with them?

Thanos failing to get Death's love has nothing to do with a battle... at all!

You still don't get it do you?
YOU brought up Doom with prep trying to get his mother's soul. He failed at that with prep. So you brought up something in which Doom failed at with prep. I never mentioned his past failures (until you mentioned Thanos's). I only saw the one that you mentioned.
Plus the fact that you are using Thanos with prep failing has nothing to do with this thread, since you know, Thanos doesn't have prep?

So next time you want to bring up Doom with prep, it's best not to bring up one in which he failed at.

Let me ask you, when Thanos blasted Victor into what seemed oblivion in the IG saga(or might be Beyonder in secret wars, can't remember), his armor barely keeping him alive, that wasn't impressive to you? Oh ya it it was impressive, and in the IG, Thanos blasted him with Power Gem, and he was very much alive.
In Secret Wars, that was a future Doom (makes it irrelevent to this debate), with Galactus tech, that was keeping him alive.

Victor usurping the Beyonder's power, obtainig the cube and stealing SS's power are not indicative of a character that clearly has the potential given sufficient time and planning to go against Thanos himself? Future Doom with Galactus tech, and he got special insight from something else to do so.
How long did it take him to get the Cube?
Surfer's powers are not comparable to Thanos's, and that was Doom's great plan. Also, how long did it take him do so? Plus, didn't Doom trick Surfer too (something he won't do to Thanos), instead of just outright stealing his powers?
He planned to go against Thanos, but did he?

Particularly when its a Thanos who has his guards down. Victor will not only use his tech, but any other tech available on Earth, then still whatever tech from other races, possibly even stealing secrets from the Baxter building itself from Reed's lab and if given time trying to understand Thanos's technology AND having his sorcery as a backup. I mean Victor will come packing and will come very very well prepared. Why would Thanos have his guard down? I don't get that one at all.

He has a month to get his own prep, any other prep on Earth, prep from other planets, and he is going to steal all of the Baxter Building's secrets, along with Reed's, plus he is going to have his own sorcery into the mix?
Ya right, when we see Doom do that within a month, he'll have his own long running series (or it will happen in a What-If).

He might come very well prepared, but he is NOT doing what you just said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.