supernatural aspects of "The Force"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bateman
Ok as we all know "The Force" has supernatural aspects. It has clairvoyance, mind control, mind reading, etc. Jedi Knights possess these abilities, but do not do evil. The Dark Side of the Force has all this too, but has no limitations. That's why it's more powerful.

The Emperor in ROTJ tells luke in the throne room that the Rebellion is doomed. The second death star's superlaser is taking out more and more of the rebel fleet. He tells Luke that he might as well join with him and replace Vader as his right hand man. Meanwhile, the Ewoks are helping Han, Leia and company destroy the death star's deflector shield on Endor. Soon they blow up the shield, and then the death star.

How come the Emperor didn't know that the end of the empire is at hand? He doesn't seem too worried about it. If he has such great dark powers, like a warlock, or a demon, or hmm...i dunno...maybe SaTaN?!?!? how come he doesn't react to the success the rebels are having on Endor?

Also, when Vader lifts him up and throws him in the bottomless chasm, how come he doesn't prevent this, if he has such great powers? It seemed TOO easy that he dies. There was basically no effort for a person stronger than him to lift him up and physically toss him aside. There was no supernatural duel, like you saw in the old horror film, "The Raven." There was no supernatural actions on the Emperor's part to prevent his own demise.

Of course, Vader was released from the Dark Side and joined the light again. His tender moment with Luke, where he asked him to take off his mask so he can look at Luke through his own eyes was a hint of this. Maybe this signifies that in the end, good does overcome evil? I wish evil died as easy in real life.

comments??!!

yerssot
the dark side ISN'T stronger, Yoda says so in ESB; he says it's quicker but definitly not stronger or more powerful

he didn't thought the ewoks would for a problem nor that vader would turn to the light side again; he simply got cocky ... like Darth Maul was

Jerico
And then George starts this midichlorian crap

Ushgarak
I don't see what that has to do with it.

The Dark Side is only stronger in a very prosaic way. it might APPEAR stronger, but because it is parasitic, rather than symbiotic, it destroys itself- this is as GL tells it.

The Emperor was killed because of all the things he could see, he was unable to see Vader turning against him at that moment- this is the climax of the films.

I regard it as a plot error of ROTJ that it appears that he would have lost anyway due to the actions of the Rebels. That impression should never have been given and is one of the reasons I dislike the film.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, like Lucas said Sidious is as blind as Yoda is in the prequel trilogy. It makes sense the Emperor wasn't worried about the rebels winning because he was being clouded by the light side of the force, which aided the rebels immensely.

Morridini
Look at this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=320541&perpage=20&highlight=InfoWars&pagenumber=1
What is said there might not be all correct but I really like that theory.

BETPiece2010
Hey, I'm new at this, but I have a couple opinions.

A) The reason the Emperor might have not seemed worried is either because he was too cocky, as yerssot said, or he decided to not SHOW his fear because that would make Luke not have as much faith in the Dark Side. He wouldn't have turned.

B) I DO think that it was necassary for Vader to kill the Emperor, because look at Luke. He was dragging along his half metal father, stopped to talk with him, and still got out in time. Eventually the Emperor would realize what was happening (even if it was after it began) and he would have hopped on a ship and been gone!

Just my opinion.

Tangible God
I hate repeating something that's already been said, but what the Hell:

The Emperor was so engrossed by his own power that he suffered from what all Sith tend to suffer from---arrogance and overconfidence in his own abilities.

The Dark Side indeed ISN'T stronger. This may explain why Palp's didn't forsee the aide of the Ewoks.

Palpatine was also known to use his power to influence and boost the skill and morale of his armes. You'll notice that the Imperial Forces tend to do more poorly AFTER Palpatine died.

Also, Palpatine was rather busy trying to convert Luke, so I doubt he was overly aware of all events going on outside.

Darth Traya
Well, DS users are far more powerful than Jedi.

Compare NJO Luke to Marka Ragnos. Ragnos is superior to Luke, in excess.

Jack Daniels
You drink to much Traya....NJO Luke is not inferior to Ragnos...LOL

Darth Vious
Palpatine couldn't see Vader/Anakin turning against him, just as Master Windu couldn't see Anakin turning against him. Qui-Gon said from the begining that Anakin's future was "clouded", could it be that no one could truly forsee events that personally involved him?

Knightfall93
The prophecy will not be foretold!

Cascador
Originally posted by Darth Vious
Palpatine couldn't see Vader/Anakin turning against him, just as Master Windu couldn't see Anakin turning against him. Qui-Gon said from the begining that Anakin's future was "clouded", could it be that no one could truly forsee events that personally involved him?

Qui-Gon never said Anakin's future was clouded...Yoda did...

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Cascador
Qui-Gon never said Anakin's future was clouded...Yoda did...
So I haven't watched TPM for a while... Someone said that Anakin's future was clouded, which was the point I was making, it didn't really matter who said it...

cain marko
i think that they should birng outa ten min clip which involes loads of flashbacks from the films and then yoda in shock in the meditation room he should tell qui gon to not to pick a kid up and he should kill palpatine ergo the empire wouldnt exist it would be so crap but so funny to see

Darth Subjekt
Of course Yoda is gonna tell Luke that the darkside isn't stronger, why tell someone that something else is better? "Hi welcome to Burger King...by the way, McDonald's is nicer and has better food." No, thats not gonna happen. And two, you have to look at how he said it. He said it real fast and defensively. Didn't sound too confident. I'm sure a sith wouldn't say that the light side is stronger either.

Irregardless, I think it just depends on the actual user and how they're using it. The power comes from the wielder, the force itself is just....."there"....you know what i mean? I think Palps got his because of just what Luke said, he was overconfident. Or like he told Yoda, "Your arrogance blinds you." He just KNEW the he would turn luke...then he just KNEW that he would kill him....he just KNEW that he would defeat the rebels...and he just KNEW that Vader would never betray him.

Darth Nepulis
As Yoda said "The dark side clouds everything."

So it's a lot harder for the Sith to predict the future.

Sesse
And why didnt Yoda attack the Emperor himself if the lightside was much more powerful?

Yes, yes. Too old was he, but hey, so was Dooku when he dueled with Anakin and Obi1.

Or mob up with obi1 to train luke and leia in dagobah. After that, they could have engaged Emperor and Vader with 4 to 2.

Luke kills Vader with Ben. Yoda keeps the emperor Away while leia does something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.