Do you think God laughs at us?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Celestialgirl
Do you think God laughs at us? I do. If you atheists wanna post here go ahead I'm saying if you did beleive he existed? I do because life is funny especially mine.

Storm
Globally seen, I don' t think there won' t be much for god to laugh at.

big gay kirk
Our gods are always laughing.... its a religious thing with us... we laugh at most things, because it is important for us to have a happy life... and a happy death... we end every day with the words "Today has been a good day.."

Storm
Correction: Globally seen, I don' t think there will be much for god to laugh at.

debbiejo
I think He can be amused though........ big grin big grin

Celestialgirl
Maybe not at the evil deeds the world does and the sadness but the things we d o, like this one time I spilt flower all over the pantry, it sucked. But I laughed and I thought most people don't beleive he can laugh.

debbiejo
God is joy, so I'm sure He knows how the laugh laughing

SlipknoT
Maybe when people trip or fall down

Jackie Malfoy
No I dont' think god laughs at us.Why should he.He gives us free well if he did not then he would laugh but I don't think he does.JM

Philosophicus
God is definately laughing at us, because he's sadistic. He created us for his own amusement. He abuses his power. God, if I could just give him a smack in the face! Maybe I should pull him down by the leg from up there....mmmm...please god, just don't strike me now with a bolt of lightning - I promise I won't make fun of you ever again. laughing out loud smokin' angel evil face

Time Of Evil
Theres more a chance of 50 planes crashing then there is of a lightning bolt hitting you.

Philosophicus
I can be thankful for that I guess.

marcu
Ya, I'm sure he laughs at alot of things that we do here on earth. I am also sure that i dissapoint him just as much, if not more than i would make him laugh.

*sighs*

Alliance
If he is real...he better be laughing.

debbiejo
Of course IT laughs...........It's watchin the show isn't it............we are funny creatures.....

It laughs, we laugh.......we do it all together..........kinda like a big joke.

Alliance
Debbie. God's a HE. get over it stick out tongue

D4th R3v4n
I think God laughs... At his own mistakes... Like putting two relgiously feuding countries right next to each other, one actaulyl inside of the other xP

debbiejo
Originally posted by Alliance
Debbie. God's a HE. get over it stick out tongue If I recall my history before the church got involved god was many.........Minions!! eek!

And behind every great god is a Women......... big grin

Lord Urizen
Sure, why not?

Religious texts already clarify that God gets angry, gets jealous, gets vengeful, discriminates, judges, etc.

I'm sure a sense of humor can fit in there somewhere.............

Alliance
Originally posted by debbiejo
If I recall my history before the church got involved god was many.........Minions!! eek!

And behind every great god is a Women......... big grin

Thats right. Women belong in the SUPPORTING role. They exist to help men when we need it stick out tongue

debbiejo
*hmmmm rethinks last post*

Goddess were far more popular until the church made women evil........The blood of women was sacred and worshipped........because we were the creators, just as they thought god was a woman and or mother earth.......as in giving birth to all creation..... big grin

Cyric Blackstar
If he is real...he better be laughing.
laughing

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Alliance
big grin

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Celestialgirl
Do you think God laughs at us? I do. If you atheists wanna post here go ahead I'm saying if you did beleive he existed? I do because life is funny especially mine.

You think such being, if in existance laughs at us? It laughs at the pain and suffering of the great majority of its creation on earth, watching how they soak the earth in blood of each other?

Thats a pretty sinister being you are worshiping...

TheSpinner
He better be laughing! who do you think we are putting all this show for?
I rather think of him as laughing than frowning. It tends to boost the morale of all those who are involved in the show: EVERYONE!

Justbyfaith
Do you think God laughs at us?

Once again, if you take a little peek into your bibles you will find these kind of answers...

Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take council against His anointed saying, "Let us break their bonds in pieces and cast away their cords from us."

(Basically saying, "Let's remove ouselves of these Christians and thier God and His rules." He who sits in the heavens SHALL LAUGH; the Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure: "Yet I have set My King (Jesus) on My holy hill of Zion."

Psalm 2:1-6

Mindship
I think, sometimes, God cries for us.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
--Voltaire

Regret
I believe that all that is good comes from God.

Is laughing good? If so, it comes from God and is a part of him. Besides that, we humans are amazingly apt at making asses of ourselves.

Alliance
Regret you should meet my god-friend Abraxas....

Regret
ummmm, lol? confused

I read through that but I must be too out of it to understand where this one came from.

Alliance
No im serious. Its an acient diety that is actually the (Christian) god and devil in one being. The main pointis that he is omni-benevolent. He is responsible for all the good and bad in the world. Hence the symbology with 365...the number of days in a year (minus the .25) life and death, good and bad...one god. cool

Wonderufl modern interpretations too...Carl Jung, Hermann Hesse...

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Regret

We have an agreement!!!!!!! Happy Dance eek! laughing cool

Alliance
I'm trying to change that.

For example: in my sig...who is the good guy and who is the bad?

Regret
I'm trying to change that.

For example: in my sig...who is the good guy and who is the bad?

Dunno, initial response would probably say the nasty looking thing wink

Alliance
Do you judge a book by its cover? and the dragon is what...good or bad?

Mindship
The dragon is the good guy, just a creature wanting to be left alone, while the knight is the bad guy, come to usurp the dragon's territory for the sake of the kingdom ("eminent domain" stuff).

Alliance
Nice interpretation.

What I see, the reason I put "face your power" in is this:

I can't judge thumb up or thumb down good or bad because I know ntohing about these characters. But what I do know is this...they are connected. They achieve their power through one another. Its all about duality.

But...instead of thinking of the dragon and the soldier seperately...think of them together...as a system...a self-sustaining cecly of power that powers itself. It is both inherently good and bad, but above all...it is power. (Abraxas)

Many of my sigs have philisophical/religious meaning.

Mindship
Cool.

But I like dragons way more than I like knights.

Alliance
I agree...I loathe gothic/mideval symbols though.

But my analogy was too good to pass up. And the knight was updated enough with the visor to make him semi-acceptable.

Lord Urizen
I love how JustbyFaith ignores the Abraxas diety....

Regret
Do you judge a book by its cover? and the dragon is what...good or bad?

I actually often do judge a book by its cover. I typically consider the value of interacting with things based on their appearance before pursuing further. If I have the time, or leisure, I will look deeper and am often pleasantly rewarded. I have though often found that the cover does represent a portion of what is inside, and if it is something I dislike I typically will not pursue it if I do not have extra time.

I believe that most everything behaves in a manner it believes to be "good" from its perspective. Given this I would consider these things in a real life judgement call, if I was required to make such a call.

A good example of this is a marriage where the man has cheated on the woman. Who is at fault? Most people will say the man because he broke the contract entered into by the marriage. But let us say that he is against divorce. He has had issues with his wife's lack of libido and lack of desire to overcome it. He has talked with her about the problem and she has responded in such a way as to show disdain for his feelings on the matter. He is so strongly against divorce that it does not occur. Does she not then share some of the responsibility for the action that occurred?

I answered the question, if you caught it.

Regret
Nice interpretation.

What I see, the reason I put "face your power" in is this:

I can't judge thumb up or thumb down good or bad because I know ntohing about these characters. But what I do know is this...they are connected. They achieve their power through one another. Its all about duality.

But...instead of thinking of the dragon and the soldier seperately...think of them together...as a system...a self-sustaining cecly of power that powers itself. It is both inherently good and bad, but above all...it is power. (Abraxas)

Many of my sigs have philisophical/religious meaning.

Now, we start getting closer to the heart of the issue.

I believe there is opposition in all things. Given this God is not "good" without the existence of "evil." Now, if an antithesis did not exist, God would be required to embody both "good" and "evil" or lose the embodiment of "good." Would "good" and "evil" exist if the God embodied both? I would say no. How would a definition be derived. Now, given that there is an antithesis (e.g. satan, devil, lucifer, whatever it is called) there is no need for God to embody both. Also, if God embodied both, there would still be required an antithesis. This antithesis would embody the absence of "good" and "evil." I do not believe that there could be a balance with a God embodying all aspects. For me, the system is a part of the laws governing all of existence.

That being said, the idea merely conflicts with my beliefs, the idea exists so who knows. It was an interesting read. If he was an Egyptian God, he was part of a group of Gods, and not alone.

Alliance
The point is...(Abraxas is a monothiestic god)...is that duality does exist...but its only a perception of man. Chrsitianity is wrapped up in dualities becuase its trying to prove a point. What Abraxas does is divinely negate man's perception of what is inherently good and evil. There is no good or evil...there is only power. Power needs no antithesis...Abraxas only is. He is the giver and the taker.

I know what your beliefs are. Thats why I thought I'd introduce you to a religous philosophy that contradicts your beliefs. Hopefully you fouund it somewhat redeeming.

Leo.M
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Maybe when people trip or fall down

I can see God saying "Haha you fell, what a loser" laughing

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I love how JustbyFaith ignores the Abraxas diety....

Just the name gives me a headache. Advil take me away... roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Regret

Is laughing good? If so, it comes from God and is a part of him. Besides that, we humans are amazingly apt at making asses of ourselves.

Having sex is good as well, but its often deionised by the organised religions.

Bardock42

Hmm, if my guess of reality is true God does not laugh at us, since he doesn't exist.
If the Christian world view is right the supreme fascist doesn't laugh at us cause he/she/it/france likes us..and stuff.

But, if I were God, hell yes, I'd have a good laugh at all of us every day.

debbiejo
What if god isn't what we think it is, but part of what we are?.......Then of course..........WE ALL LAUGH..........It's part of our heaven or hell here and now......We create our own path to what we want to experience...If you throw out all the garbage you've been taught in the denominational setting, then yes..........Life could be a pleasure. But YOU have to make it one........It's You're creation and your views and how YOU react to it.........IT'S YOURS............Don't let anyone tell you it's not.....

Don't pass the buck.....

Regret
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Having sex is good as well, but its often deionised by the organised religions.

In proper contexts yes, it is good.

I am stepping away from my beliefs for a second and moving into science to discuss this.

Sex releases chemicals in the brain that are interpreted as pleasurable and are addictive. It has no redeeming value in itself. Sex does have bi products in that the positive sensation is a unconditioned response that is paired with the partner in the act, and this pairing can increase the strength of the attraction of the partner. This attraction can be an issue if the strength of attraction is unequal, or if there is a threat to the reciprocation of this attraction. This can be avoided through frequent novel partners. This increase in attraction leads to a protective attitude of the partner. Is this a positive effect? It really does not equal a positive effect other than maintaining a sexual partner. The positive effect is reproduction, reproduction is positive because one of the few "drives" in human physiology. Given this, if sex increases the probability of offspring it is "good." Now, if sex leads to offspring that do not have the resources available for their care then the reproduction would not be considered "good" because the offspring would die. So, if the offspring are being cared for sex was good, if not, it was not.

I don't really see how, from a scientific view sex can be considered good. It seems that it drives to a situation that limits the activities of one or both of the partners. It seems that the negatives outweigh the positives, unless reproduction is the goal, there seems to be a lacking of good in sex.

Now I'm speculating based on what I know, so please don't jump down my throat. I am assuming that good and evil would have to be defined by science, from a stance that there is no supernatural force directing it. Point out where, from a scientific stance, I am wrong.

maham

How is ur life funny?

SP90
God laughs at us, kind of when, as kids, we laughed at those poor little spiders we had captured in a jar and then shaked the jar a little to get it angry.

We all did it...right ?

maham
Originally posted by SP90
God laughs at us, kind of when, as kids, we laughed at those poor little spiders we had captured in a jar and then shaked the jar a little to get it angry.

We all did it...right ?

Not me.I think the spider laughed at me when I screamed as it got on my pyjamas. Spiders! AwWHHHH! They giv me the creeps! I HATE SPIDERS!!!

SP90
That's why you should capture a little baby spider and play with it, then feed it until it's big and never stop playing with it until you realize you're playing with a big disgusting ugly hairy spider...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.