Final Fantasy I & II :: Dawn of Souls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Anyone else have it/played it? I skipped Origins for PS1 and ended up getting this one for my GBA. Although FFI lacks any notoriously "FF" plot or storyline, it's still an awesome game. Haven't gone on to play II yet. I think it's a great way to rerelease the two games that began the whole franchise, especially in the portable format that it's in.

Silver Stardust
I want it....

Machete_Guy
Yeah..iv seen it on GBA. Why didnt they re-make it into Xbox or PS2?

sith_darth_jay
machete> as far as I know, square doesn't make games for Xbox, and it wasn't released for PS2, cuz it is already out for PS1(released like two years ago)

they're both great games, FF1 doesn't have an strong storyline, it is almost ridiculous, but the gameplay is excellent. it was the first FF and it has most of the things FF fans love.

FF2, on the other hand is a much better game. the story is just great, with a few good twists, and the battle system and leveling process are a bit more complex.

when playing this game, you have to have in mind that they were both FAMICON (NES) games, and the only thing new are the improve graphics/music and the FM intros

I would like to know is there's any difference between the PS1 version and the GBA

Jkozzy> why didn't you play "Origins"?

JKozzy
At the time when it came out, I didn't feel like getting them, for whatever reason. I was already playing FF Anthology, so I felt like holding off on Origins. But when it came to the GBA with new features, I figured that it'd be a better bet to just go straight with that, since I hear the menu system was seriously revamped to match that of the later FF's, which is a much-welcomed improvement, say the reviewers, and there are bonus dungeons in FFI and another story for the deceased characters after you beat the normal FFII story mode... another adventure, they say. I'll look for the actual reviews that name what changed, but it just seemed the smarter choice to me. Plus, they're portable, and coupled with my DS, I now have backlit play, with a rechargable battery (I had the original GBA, not SP).

sith_darth_jay
I also have the original GBA an it is a real pain in the ass not being able to play with backlit screen

so new dungeons huh...

I don't really like re-playing games I've already played, but being FF I think I can make and exception big grin.

my lil' brother was so desperate to buy this game, but I didn't let him big grin. I bought something else with that money evil face , and it helped that the game never made here before Xmas (actually I think it hasn't arrived at all) I wanted to buy KH CoM instead but it never made it either.

BTW I bought LOZ minish cap for my brother, so don't think I'm that evil...ok big grin

edit: god, I use way too many big grin in my posts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.