Prayers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophicus
Oh Lord, please forgive me for making fun of you,
but it's so nice, it makes me orgasmic!

And please forgive me for being an atheist.
Oh, and I always wanted to ask you: Is man a blunder of You, or are you a blunder of man?

finti
prayer to god from an atheist hmmmmm now if I ever saw a contradiction big grinbig grin

KharmaDog
Awe Philo, just couldn't stay away could you? And now making friends in the religion section.

Why would you bother to post here if you are so opposed to religion. You are either mocking these people, once again just entertaining yourself, or are secretly a believer looking for something to grab a hold of.

As for prayers, whatever get you through the night. I just think it's funny when people pray for material things. Like an all powerful omnipotent force of creation would care if some guy won the lottery.

I also thought it was funny when I played football when people would pray for a victory. If you are a believer, pray for no one to get hurt, but a victory, come on now! Unless God's got a fin on the game or is your starting tailback I would doubt very much that the success of a game even measures on the all-powerful's Richter scale of global priorities.

Philosophicus
The whole point of this thread is to make fun of the idiocy (which you yourself suggest) of praying to an omnipotent being. I feel exactly like you on the matter of religion....I'm an atheist who just likes to make fun of theistic idiocy. smile

finti
oh just as some of us likes to make fun of philosophical idiocy, hmmmmmm

KharmaDog
Actually, I don't think I stated my exact opinions on religion, so I doubt we feel exactly the same about the issue.

finti
hmm a head without a brain is a Swede so guess they have something in common besides they being from the Nordic countries, and what have this to do with religion? Nothing just like this thread

lil bitchiness
ok, thats about enough.

Please dont make pointless threads, Philosophus.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.