Nine and Ten Year Old Boys Arrested for Violent Drawings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Violent Drawings Lead to Felony Charges

OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Two boys were arrested for making pencil-and-crayon stick figure drawings depicting a 10-year-old classmate being stabbed and hung, police said. The children, charged with a felony, were taken from school in handcuffs.

The 9- and 10-year-old boys were arrested Monday and charged with making a written threat to kill or harm another person. They were also suspended from school.

One drawing showed the two boys standing on either side of the other boy and ``holding knives pointed through'' his body, according to a police report. The figures were identified by written names or initials.

Another drawing showed a stick figure hanging, tears falling from his eyes, with two other stick figures standing below him. Other pieces of scrap paper listed misspelled profanities and the initials of the boy who was allegedly threatened.

The boys' parents said they thought the children should be punished by the school and families, not the legal system.

Discuss.

Bardock42
Haha this is funny. Although I think there is something really wrong with this guys. Anyway, they seem to be rather harmful I think the legal system should take care if them.

finti
arrested is to take it a bit far, what a lame school that cant deal with it in a proper manner

peterKSL
hey check out she-is-here.com it is funny.. haha

MC Mike
Sounds too Nazi-reminiscent. Keep it to the schools and parents next time.

§pearhead
I figure...it's ok until victims are given names. Otherwise it's blown way out of proportion...

MC Mike
It's the "Blow of Mercy". shock

PVS
beware the thought police

lil bitchiness
Thats rediuclous - lame school, lame law and lame parents.

SlipknoT
Who cares, let the kids draw what they want to.

angelsflame265
This is a job for the parents at the most . . . the cops is way to far
nooooooooo i voted for the wrong one!!

AdventChild
it should have been up to the parents to deciede what disciplinary actions should have taken place...not the laws ....

Darth Revan
I'd agree with you, except it is kinda ****ed up that they had a kid's initials written on the drawings. But arresting them is definitely taking it too far.

Captain REX
Nazi-reminiscent? Not what I was thinking! stick out tongue

Euripides
These children are only 9 and 10. They're still in elementary school for God's sake! Charging a felony against them is completely over the top.

Silver Stardust
That's kind of ridiculous....

SlipknoT
Yea, writing the kids initials was going a bit to far.

A4E
this kids should be taken to psychiatrist not to jail, the kids obviously have phycological problems

MC Mike
I can't fins the right expression, sue me. stick out tongue

But when we can arrest elementary kids fo stuff like this, the world is fecked up.

gls
i agree the world is effed up ...those kids shouldn't of been taken by the police.

Morning_Glory
lets see a pic of the drawings...

shaber
At the East end you could get away with actually hanging a classmate.

SaTsuJiN
if they were drawing it for fun , leave em the hell alone.. but if they were plotting some kind of homicide then have the authorities show them the consequences.. but not lock them up.. anyway.. Im sure they wont be drawing anyone hanging in the near future.. unless they like dropping soap wink

BlackC@t
What the Hell's wrong with you!?

pr1983
these are f*cking ten year olds... i threatened to kill my friends when i was ten... jeez...

if they were actually planning to ok... but still... arresting them?

Alpha Centauri
"One drawing showed the two boys standing on either side of the other boy and ``holding knives pointed through'' his body, according to a police report. The figures were identified by written names or initials.

Another drawing showed a stick figure hanging, tears falling from his eyes, with two other stick figures standing below him. Other pieces of scrap paper listed misspelled profanities and the initials of the boy who was allegedly threatened."

Rather than going "Well you two aren't going near that kid", they arrest them.

Pathetic.

-AC

Ironman
omg if i got in troble every time i drew something violent id be the next well hmm lets see here satin/

ARC Trooper 117
Wow.....what a bunch of bull$hit!
I draw offensive and.....naughty stuff all the time, including brutal murder-I've never been ARRESTED!

BlackC@t
Perhaps it's their history that also helped the police decide to arrest them. Maybe they have done more then that in the past.

SlipknoT
I can just tell your going to be a soccor mom when you grow up

BlackC@t
Is that bad? confused

What ever the hell that is...

SlipknoT
Yes, it is a terrible thing.

BlackC@t
Then I wont be one happy

SlipknoT
Yes, i have a feeling you will.

BlackC@t
Well no offense but the number of things you've gotten wrong could fill a warehouse.

SlipknoT
Name some things?

Napalm
That is to harse of punishment

BadKitty
I am gonna assume that these kids were actually taunting the other child with these drawings and that this has happened on other occasions.

if that is indeed is the case then bringing in the police as a "scared straight" tactic isn't so bad...as long as the children were just shortly suspended and and lectured by law enforcement about how serious death threats truly are.

if I am wrong and the kids were really charged with a crime then that is a shame..they are just children..all children do naughty things being charged for it would be ridiculous

Linkalicious
Lesson of the day children.

Kill First.

Share pictures later.

yes

Draco69
Unfortunately it wasn't "scared straight" tactic. They were charged with a federal felony.

KharmaDog
Well that oughtta scare them real good then!!

BadKitty
a felony? felonies stay on your record forever...thats awful,so they just ruined the lives of two children who don't know better...very sad.

Draco69
What? A felony? That will follow them for the rest of their lives. Now they can't join the military, governement or other jobs. It's really unnecessary.

However, if it was just a bluff to scare them then sure.

Draco69
I agree.

BadKitty
thats true..I know a young girl who was charged with a felony and after she got her life straightened out she want to pursue a job in medical field but couldn't go beyond a nursing assistant because of her record.

KharmaDog
You can take your record to the courts when you turn 21 to have it expunged if they see that you have not only changed your behaviour, but that also your previous record is holding this progression back.

Linkalicious
I thought you could get that done when you turned 18....that's when you legally become an adult.

Though I'm quite confident it could be done pretty much anytime after 18...so 21 would work too.

Draco69
I hope the kids do it. It's just a terrible shame that they have to go through this process just because they didn't know better.

Also this drastically affects their education. On a college application they always ask if you've been charged with a felony. Ten bucks they won't be able to get into a good school.

Linkalicious
"Sorry gentlemen I'm afraid I won't be allowed to process your application with this instituition because of the felony you recieved for doodling some vulgar images on a piece of paper when you were 10 years old"

What the f**k?

KharmaDog
Is there any indicatin that they were taunting or torturing this kid before this incident? If this is a one time deal then people way over-reacted. But if this has been going on for some time, then one has gotta think "why the hell wasn't something done before it got to this"?

I think we all forget the kid who was originally bullied. My heart goes out to those kids. I was never bullied because I was pretty big for my age (still am I guess) but watching my nephew go through it tore my heart out.

Draco69
A felony is a felony. They don't ask why or how unless you give them an explanation. And some colleges are very strict about keeping criminals out of school. The last thing they need is a potential Jeffrey Dahmer in their schools. They would vote for their money not the kids.

KharmaDog
Well, the world needs ditch diggers to I guess, not everyone has to go to college.

Dexx
heck..this is ridiculous. it only shows how pumped with fear the american system is. handcuffs? for 9 year olds? would you be surprised if one of those cops would get the crap beaten out of him by..let's say the boy's older brother?
i don't know why i'm even surprised..americans expelled kids pointing a paper folded in the shape of a gun at another kid and said pow! you're dead after columbine...

Jackie Malfoy
Yea they need help.I would not take them right away to jail.JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.