WoW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beastro
I was at a convention a few days ago and after the dynamice servies I went down to the alter to pray.It was awesome everyone was dancing and crying and speaking in other tongues.I came across this man towards the front of the alter who had pasly and was in a weelchair.I prayed with him along with a couple of other people for about 30 minutes but he just couldnt walk.Finally I had to leave and I didnt get to stay with him anymore.I was talking to this lady today who was at the service that night and she told me that after the service they where still praying for him and the man go up and walked on his own.The next Sunday she even saw him walking on his own again.I was so happy I almost shouted glory to God right when we where talking.

finti
are you sure he really was bound to a wheelchair?

Morning_Glory
i hate that other tongue stuff -- it creeps me out.. cause no one knows what they are actually saying... sorry embarrasment

Beastro
Im positive.When I was praying for him they tried lifting him up once but his legs began shaking and he had to sit back down but I found out that he was walking after I left.Im still so happy.I was actually involved in a miracle from God.I took pictures of him but before I knew he was walking I erased them so my brother could take some pictures.You guys can say whatever you want but when a man I prayed for to start walking is now walking days after I prayed for him I know my God lives.

-=Urot=-
All I can say is WOW!

(And post a George Carlin quote)

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Hey beastro it was all a setup, the guy could walk from the start. I just wonder how much money they preacher raked in on that lil emotional demonstration to the sleepy masses?

Miracles Of God = Big Bucks In The Church Today.

Jackie Malfoy
Me either.I heard that they do thta too.But I have no idea what they are saying either.JM

KharmaDog
What a con. The idea that those guys are ripping off so many people is disgusting. The fact that so many people believe them is disheartening.

Philosophicus
Those dumb idiots who believe such bullshit miracles really deserve to be conned. Maybe I sould become such a miracle stooge. angel

Beastro
You guys can say all you want but I saw the guy in the wheelchair,I saw he go to the alter,I saw him be prayed for for an hour,I saw he crooked his legs seemed when he tried to walk.I also know he's walking to this day.I dont care if you guys say its a hoax or what but I know what happened and your just trying to find excuses not to believe.

finti
and you know his medical history as well

Storm
Even if we grant that a "miraculous" event is indeed exceptional enough to warrant an exceptional explanation, it cannot be assumed that this supports theism. We could, for example, postulate that the event was caused by the incredible powers of human minds rather than the incredible powers of a god' s mind. This explanation is no less credible and in fact has the advantage that we know that humans minds exist, whereas the existence of a god' s mind is questionable.

If someone is going to advance one supernatural, paranormal or unusual explanation for an exceptional event, they have to be willing to consider every other supernatural, paranormal or unusual explanation. The question which thus faces the believer is: how can one possibly compare all these different explanations? How on earth can one reasonably support the idea that something occurred because of a god rather than human telepathy or ghosts?

Every religion seems to make claims of miraculous events. If one religion' s claims are right and that religion' s god exists, what is the explanation for all the other miracles in other religions? It seems unlikely that the Christian God was causing miraculous healings in the name of ancient Greek gods at one time.

WindDancer
The question here is credibility. We can't be sure if the man was bound to the wheelchair and if what happens was a miracle. Yes, we are aware that there are schemes made by cons to steal money from the faithful. But who really knows if the power faith really works? We do know that the human spirit does at times proves to be strong. There are people who are handicap and in a moment of danger they react to the situation. Miracle or human spirit? Mind over body? or simply put none of that stuff really happens? I hate to be skeptic all the time.

Beastro
I dont think so.Its to big of a coniencidence to say that the man just got up because of his body overcoming the sickness right at the time we where praying for him.

I also know it wasnt staged because if it was I think the preacher would've talked more about it an publicized it to the people rather than just not paying attention to him and praying with other people out of the 100's that where at the alter.Also this healing took place after people where leaving the sanctuary.Dont you think if this was staged the man would've chose to appear to be healed when everyone was watching?

You guy's can try to put all the your idea's of why its wrong in front of me but it wont work.I know that what I experienced wasnt coincedence.When I see the once wheelchair bound man running up and down the aisles at a church service I will smile about the miracle that happened to him and how you believe im wrong.

-=Urot=-
You can never change a man's mind, he has to do it himself.
groupclapcrutchclappinggossip
Praise Jesus!

Beastro
Yeah praise Jesus What the f**k?

Cinemaddiction
This is hilarious. That reminds me, I should rent "Leap of Faith" again sometime.

Beastro
Whats hilarious?

Philosophicus
Beastro: "I dont think so.Its to big of a coniencidence to say that the man just got up because of his body overcoming the sickness right at the time we where praying for him."

BIG Coincidences happen. Can you give me any reason why such big coincidences are impossible?

finti
that the entire discussion reminds him of the film "Leap Of Faith" staring Steve Martin and Debra Winger.
Its about a con artist who happens top portray himself as a heeling preacher. One of the people who contact this preacher is a kid bound to a wheelchair

Philosophicus
I am Jesus - just received a message from God, it's my second comming.

Beastro
Wow.I received more information on the death of a preacher named Lee Stoneking.He recieved a massave heartattack in an airport in Sydney,Australia.He fell back and hit his head on the cement floor.The pastor that was with him said that he knew at that moment he was dead.
I saw a picture of him on a cd of one of his messages he spoke at my church.He eyes are all swollen red from bursted blood vessels in his body.He went without air for 30 minutes and already blood clots began to form in his body.They shocked him right in the airport 9 times with those things they shock you with to get your heart starting again(I dont remember the name).When he got to the hospital he began to breathe again after the pastor commanded him at the airport to raise up.The doctores where astounded when he awoke.He began taking the iv's out of his nose and body and the doctores where startled.They still say he compromised the laws of science and health and many of the people that where there believe in God now.

If any of you would like I can post a picture of what he looked like

Fiery Eyes
From what i've seen in the religion forum, Most don't want to know about God, they want to condemn anything any one says about him, including personal experiences.
I do believe in miracles I've seen several, and I do believe in speaking in tongues, MORNING GLORY its in the bible hun. It may be scary to those who do know much about it, but it is real.
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

finti
just as scary as reality is to those who believe they know much about believing

Beastro
I know what I need to know about believing

Anyways heres a picture of the evengalist God raised from the dead.When he was taken to the hospital.

You can see how his eyes are all red.I think its because some blood vessles burst.Its hard to look at especially when I see how he looks in real life.He looks better than ever now.The doctors said if it was any other case going without oxygen for that long would've made him braindead and he would have a been a vegetable.I saw him a week ago and he's certainly no vegetable.

Beastro
Oh yeah it's not really a good picture.Its a cd cover from one of his messages.

Adam_PoE
Does this pastor have a medical degree?

So the pastor commanded the man to raise up in the airport and he did not resume breathing until he reached the hospital? A man resuming breathing after receiving emergency medical attention does not sound very miraculous to me. "Miraculous" would have been if the pastor commanded the man to raise up in the airport and he rose to his feet in the airport.

moviejunkie23
"So the pastor commanded the man to raise up in the airport and he did not resume breathing until he reached the hospital? A man resuming breathing after receiving emergency medical attention does not sound very miraculous to me. "Miraculous" would have been if the pastor commanded the man to raise up in the airport and he rose to his feet in the airport."

if you were to tell this guy hey i saw an angel fly in front of me with a wingspan of 30 feet he would say hey thats nothing until he can fly without wings.

Beastro
No there was no pulse and the pastor heard a crack when his head hit the ground embarrasment

No I worded that wrong.The pastor prayed for the evangelist and he returned breathing a few minutes later at the airport.I just heard the tape again.I told that part wrong.

moviejunkie23
i think its a good thing beastro had a experience where he saw god work. praise god man

Adam_PoE
If it was a duty to worship the sun, I'm sure you would have it be a crime to examine the laws of heat.

Beastro
interesting

finti
actually no, the wings would be rather convincing

Philosophicus
I've come to know the greatest miracle of all time: People actually believing in miracles and in god! People believing in an afterlife are just scared of death. It's shocking how the primitive instinct of believing in a god has remained with most of civilisation.

Beastro
Yeah it is shocking how christianity is the fastest growing religion in the world.People are beginning to realize the sin in there life and they want it too be washed away.Most stay because they feel that feeling.

It just makes more sense also.People look at how specifically designed our bodies our and how the world is and they just dont see how a big bang could've done that.

How can I not believe in miracles when ive seen them? embarrasment

How can I not believe in God when ive seen former drug dealers and street runners praising God and becoming preachers through his power?

finti
it aint it is actually declining

Beastro
Sorry im mistaken.It's the biggest religon.More than 2 billion people are christians.Islam is behind with 1.2 billion smile

Beastro
Another miracle just in.

On thursday I was given some sh

finti
its a missleading number. As for the Scandinavian countries all the members of the state church are counted as christians, here on Norway 87% of the population is a member of the state church. Since my parents was members I automatically became one, and try to quit it takes up to 10 years before you are out of the register they have. In a survey amongst state church members only 26% looked upon themselves as christians.

But when counting the say 3,9 million Norwegian are christians when the actuall number aint higher than 1.01 million.

Beastro
Ok minus one 2 million from 2 billion big grin

I dont know why my statement wasnt put on the page.Anyways,I recieved bad new last thursday.I found out one of my best friends had cancer and was given only 6 months to live.I was devestated and cried alot.I then took my problems and laid them on my saviors shoulder's.I was in the prayer room alot over the three day's since then and I recieved more new's today.I dont know all the details except that my friend visited the doctor and she doesnt have cancer and is going to live!

I know your gonna give me all your little excuses on why you think there's another explanation but I know I serve a God who can do miracles and has already done several that I can see in the past two weeks.

finti
glad to hear, but these things happens all the times, they are called medical mistakes

Beastro
Say what you want to say.All I know is that my friend had cancer and now she doesnt and I thank God for that.

BTW,I've told you three miracles in the past two weeks and people keep saying "medical mistakes" doesnt it get old after a while messed

finti
just as old as calling it miaicles I guess

Beastro
I can call it miracles because they all happened when a person prayed.Notice that one important fact.

finti
what do you call it when people pray and nothing happens then.So whenever someone tries to save anthers life, then if someone prays faithful will claim it was gods work rather than those who actually worked on saving these peoples life. It will always be like this with christians they take the credit on behalf of their god rather than the medical apparatus

Beastro
I love medics.I think they help alot too but in special cases I think God has a hand in it too.In my opinion when people pray for someone and it doesnt happen it's because there's doubt in there mind.If they could only grasp the power they have through the holy ghost then they could do great things but doubt hinders them.

Adam_PoE
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Beastro
You dont know hor wrong you are.

Did two hand's heal the crippled man a few weeks ago at one my services?No,it was thousands of hands clasped in prayer.Did I see a doctor performing surgery on him at the alter?No,all I saw was 10 people praying with him.

Adam_PoE
Is there any conclusive evidence that the man was crippled to begin with? If the man was indeed crippled and has now recovered from his ailment, is there any conclusive evidence that prayer caused his recovery? The answer to both questions is no.

Beastro
I know he was crippled.Just from certain ways he moved and acted and other miscilaneous things that happened.

There is conclusive evidence.After he was prayed for to walk he did smile

Adam_PoE
No, you believed he was crippled because of how he acted.

Furthermore, there is no proof of a causal relationship between the prayers and his recovery, so what you have is correlation, not causation which is proof of absolutely nothing.

Beastro
Believe me if you saw him you'd know wink

MilitantDog
Oh how the weak minded are fooled so easily. Would it have occured to you that the man in the wheel chair was a very good actor and knew how to move like a actual crippled person?

You have eyes but you do not see.

UKR
Originally posted by finti
are you sure he really was bound to a wheelchair?

Maybe he was just drunk. It would explain everyone speaking in tongues and why he couldn't get up for a while.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by MilitantDog
Oh how the weak minded are fooled so easily. Would it have occured to you that the man in the wheel chair was a very good actor and knew how to move like a actual crippled person?

You have eyes but you do not see.

You? You are calling other people weak minded?

Da Pittman
I hate that faith healing crap, it has been shown time and time again that the mind does more to heal or fake being well if you believe in it. Think of how many people think they are getting better when they take a placebo wink

Beliver
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
You? You are calling other people weak minded?

Yes.

Ordo
Originally posted by Beliver
Yes.

Thats ironic.

tom_servo
What's a thread about World of Warcraft doing in the religion forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.